It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ishes

As I was falling to sleep.. my body passed into sleep mode but I was still awake in the mind. A ringing and the sound of the wind then came into my ears, I kind of ignored it, but then i felt myself being lifted up.

This is KEY for me as well........the 'sound' is the doorway. I can not MAKE it happen, I can only 'let' it happen if that makes any sense.......

Sadley....I have not heard the sound in a while now. My life has changed dramaticly of late, it's all good

I am not alone much anymore.......maybe that has something to do with it?
I have alot of new and 'other' things on my mind.
Several times I have worked on bringing the sound to me through extreme relaxation while remaining lucid, but nothing comes of it. I have never had this experiance while not being ~ALONE~ in my room and space. But the reality of it is I do NOT want to be alone......seams like I need to reread this entire thread and brushup on tecniques.....
Do any other OOBE people have this issue? or is this just another one of those issues that are just for me.........lessons lessons

Yet another 'something' to meditate about.......

[edit on 25-3-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by elmojones3000

also im only 14 so would that be part of the problem cause maybe adults mind,s are more "connected" or something

Is it easier to "OOBE" if your a girl/women(whatever ya wonna be called:cool
because they use the left side of their brain or right side or whatever side they actually "DO" use

[edit on 23-3-2005 by elmojones3000]

My mother could OOBE at age 8 by using a mirror to stare into her own eyes...she says "I would think about thinking, about thinking about thinking..." This leaving her body scred her though, and she would only do it just to prove to herself it was real.
I have read that the younger you learn this ability the easier it is for you as an adult.
I do not believe sex has ANY bearing on one ability to OOBE. I believe it has alot more to do with your vibrational frequency. Men and woman seam equal in this ability..
It seams to be MORE about your evolution rather than your gender.

[edit on 25-3-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Goddess,
This is a fascinating topic, and thanks for your contributions.

All,
Someone asked a few pages back, and I didn't see a response to it, some questions about what can happen when projecting. For instance:

- can you physically visit an existing place you've never been, or read about, and be able to describe it in detail?
- Time travel: I've heard it mentioned, but how exactly does it work? Can you suddenly traverse the dimensions?
- How much can you interract with the physical world (that your body exists in)?

I am sure there are other questions, but that is a start at least.

-P

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Rivergodess, this sound you talk about? Tell me more.

Sometimes I get a very high pitched ringing in my ears, just before sleep paralysis occurs. It’s very scary, but the one time I have let it happen I got about 4or5 ft. out of my body. The problem is the ringing is very uncomfortable, the experience is really, but I really want to have an OOBE?

Am I doing the right thing? Will the uncomfortable feeling vanish after I leave my body? Or is this something totally different?

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I belive that uncomfortable feeling is your subconcious NOT wanting you to get out. You may tell yourself that you are not afraid, but deep down, you might be, and that is whats holding u back and giving you these feelings..

Also it might be you are vibrating very close to a physical plane meaning you experience a feeling of weightlessness(If you have every done any free fall exercises you will know the feeling ; its just like going down a steep hill on a roller coaster) This is another possibility.

I think option one is the more likeley one to come across.

Hope this helps.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ishes
Rivergodess, this sound you talk about? Tell me more

It sounds EXACTLY like if you stick you head out of the car window and let the rushing wind blow over your ears at a high speed of driving, like on the freeway or autoban..........wind rushing.......some what of a tunnel of wind sound.

Sorry I did not get back to this question sooner...........

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I also get this rushing noise when i do a Wake Induced Lucid Dream...

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
A couple days ago before going to bed I thought I would try to project. I went though all the steps using the rope technique like I usually do. I tryed for a while with no success. After I decided to try another technique i have heard of. I visualized I was lying on my side while lying flat on my bed. The next thing I remember I saw myself lying there in in my bed. I remember a pulling sensation towards my body. I then flew out of my room and around outside my house for awhile.

A few things make me think it was just a lucid dream.

1. It was sunny out. It was actually a cloudy and rainy day.

2. There was a deep river next to my house instead of the shallow creek that is there.

3. I didnt remember any vibes or hear any sounds like people talk about experiencing right before projecting

It is my lifes goal to learn to astral projection. Even if it was just a lucid dream I am not disappointed as that would be my first one. I know there are alot of knowlegable people on here, and would like to hear your thoughts.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sephiroth
It is my lifes goal to learn to astral projection. Even if it was just a lucid dream I am not disappointed as that would be my first one. I know there are alot of knowlegable people on here, and would like to hear your thoughts.

Mine too. I used to get the wooshing sound all the time as a child, and occasionally now when im really tired. Ive had a few lucid dreams and they are very interesting. Enough to keep me happy until I have an OOBE anyway.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I’m really glad to make your acquaintance, as I share your interest in this topic with great enthusiasm!

Long ago, I attempted to master the art of Astral Projection, myself.

For several weeks I practiced various exercises designed to lead one toward the goal of achieving a full out of body experience.

Unfortunately, certain spiritual matters confronted me face to face as it were the moment that I was free of the flesh. I have fiercely avoided practice of this art since then. Fear is the reason, yes, and I normally wouldn't allow a fear to rule me so.....but I believe it to have been a justified fear at the time!

At any rate, I have reason to believe these spiritual matters to be greatly improved. I am perhaps ready to begin to explore this avenue of meditation again.

I appreciate this thread that you have created. I've been trying to read the entire thing before replying, but have only made it to page 5 or so.

I found the original account of your first oobe to be insightful and hilarious!!!

Thanks for sharing this with the world !

I do wonder how you could allow yourself to be yanked out by another soul like that, though.

*shudder*

Didn't that terrify you to pieces?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to participating in the discussions on this topic with you. I may have some experimental results of my own to post.

Take it easy!

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roadscholar
Unfortunately, certain spiritual matters confronted me face to face as it were the moment that I was free of the flesh. I have fiercely avoided practice of this art since then.

Do you mean you were confronted by other spirits?

What was it that scared you?

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllseeingEYE

Oh, so it's just out and out with it like that, is it?

This isn't something that I commonly speak about. It will be an effort for me to compose this reply.

Please be patient while I consider how to say what I want to say on this topic.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllseeingEYE

Originally posted by Roadscholar
Unfortunately, certain spiritual matters confronted me face to face as it were the moment that I was free of the flesh. I have fiercely avoided practice of this art since then.

Do you mean you were confronted by other spirits?

Ok, it is a bit easier to deal with tender subjects like this in the light of day. The words that I sought last night have come to me with the morning light.

When I entered the Astral plane, I came face to face with a powerful and malevolent being that seemed intent upon my destruction. I was blasted with perceptions of HUNGER and it seemed as if the thing wanted to devour my soul. It felt as if it had been waiting there, watching eagerly for just such an opportunity to get to me.

That situation has been dealt with, though. It's now a subject for a different sort of thread.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Sorry was I a bit blunt? That sounds interesting, and I dont believe it would be out of place on this thread. Although, if you dont wish to share the details of this experience with us, then I understand.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Dinna fash...it's fine =)

I'm just not accustomed to having such an open and accepting environment in which to share my thoughts and observations on these sorts of topics. It's unsettling to see *that look* cross someone's eyes when you try to tell them about something that is very real and very important to yourself. This isn't the kind of thing that one whips out for a conversation piece at the family get-together, you know!

I would like to reserve this thread for discussions of Astral Projection, though. There are other threads where it may be more appropriate to go into details about my malevolent spiritual visitor, when I feel comfortable in doing so.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Hi Roadscholar welcome to the thread!

I do not think ANY OOBE experiance is out of place on this thread.

I really was NOT affraid of my 'yanker'............and in being brave or foolhearty
I have been gifted with this ability now.
They told me...."once you open this door, it ALWAYS remains ajar and can NOT be closed again".....
That makes me think that anybody who has had this experiance has the ability to 'do it' again............maybe NOT on a concious levell, but the 'spark' is still there......at least that is WHAT I thought it meant.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hi all - thank you for sharing your experiences RiverGoddess!

I'm not an astral traveller as of yet, and I'm not entirely sure that I will ever be. I feel somewhat like how one of the other posters put it - I feel a desire to work on projecting, but at a deeper level it doesn't feel like an appropriate desire.

At any rate, I'd like to suggest something else to the folks reading this post. There is much talk of the 'higher self' in the literature I've read around this subject. My most recent OBE experience was after a frank introspection and a realization that I was not living in accordance with my highest values. Endeavour to live by the principles you know should be guiding your life, and I think you will have an easier time in all things spiritual.

I've been trying off and on to acheive a conscious and directed OBE for some time, but I continue to have a great amount of fear after reading about many negative experiences. It has also been suggested here that perhaps these experiences are just a reflection of internal turmoil, which is also entirely possible.

Just a couple of words. Peace and good fortune to the aspiring travellers here.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I have encountered dreadful feelings of malevolence during....But understanding more of what the body and mind go thru during this state, I accept and move thru the experience.

When I was having bouts of sleep paralysis, I didnt know what it was and I slept with a light on for a year. The face of evil confronted me on a nightly basis and It was driving me mad...thru reasearch and study and experimenting on myself, I have achieved and overcome confrontation during AP...

My beliefs may be different that yours, but I am open to all possibilities. I believe the great world of the mind is infinite and we live and create our perceptual world...We in essense live within..and are connected thru the fibrous web of collective consciousness. I believe when I am confronted with that absolutely terrifying evil during my experience, It is a face of my own..a facet of myself, a slice or a sub..possibly just a crumb within my existence that as itself is corrupt due to it being incomplete, but is needed to make a whole. My tool for perception during this highly aware state of mind cannot define or comprehend this slice of myself, this nude elemental building block, and therefore the piece is processed and labeled as corruptin the way we know how. by turning it into a picture of evil. Looking inward, it is only possible to see parts of the whole...
Noone isall greed, all lust or all hate...It is diluted with love and empathy ect (some more than others)... but the little bit of the diluted devils we do have began a pure drop somewhere, maybe when we break the parts down, this is what we put a face on, and what better face that that of a demon that fills you with the purest of those feeling..

I cant really convey the idea...I dont practice a religion or any particular forms of meditation...this is my own ideas derived from my own experiences.

BTW: My confrontation makes me stronger...I always come out better than when I went in ...I am thankful to achieve these experiences of the higher self. I must say though when confronted in this manner it is absolutely terrifying and very real...so are the physical sensations...I have never had any lasting negative effects....The action of "shielding" is very effective...Im sure some people call it different things...but it os just techniques to make you stronger or less vulnerable during aP

ANDDD My idea of the perceptual world did not come from the movie "The Matrix", ...LOL

[edit on 8-5-2005 by xxKrisxx]

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxKrisxx
..The action of "shielding" is very effective.

[edit on 8-5-2005 by xxKrisxx]

Kris.....would you please share in detail your shielding tecniques?
I am VERY interested in all shielding processes. Tell me more?

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Please whoever helped the rivergoddess have an oobe can you please help me out. I dont want to bug you but I want to be able to get out of my body for more than 2 seconds. pleeeaaaassssee, u2u me

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join