It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Hi Vitchilio.....welcome to the topic.
I dont feel much like repeating things that are ALLREADY on this thread in anser to your questions, so I am just going to suggest you read the thread, for the answers are there.

an OOBE is not a 'memory' from a past life, but an OOBE can take you INTO a past life.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I AM NOW 50 YEARS OLD (LOOK 38, ACT 30). I HAD AN OOBE AS YOU CALL IT, FIRST TIME IVE EVER HEARD THAT, WHEN I WAS 23 AT A CONCERT ON NEW YEARS EVE. FRANK ZAPPA, THE FORUM L.A. IT WAS VERY HOT IN THERE AND I WAS WEARING A VERY HEAVEY COAT. I RUSHED DOWN THE STAIR CASE TO THE FLOOR TOWARDS A CONSESSION STAND AND IT WAS I WOULD EXPLAIN LIKE BLACKING OUT EXCEPT I WAS STANDING THERE BUT MY BODY WAS ON THE FLOOR. AS I SAW MY BODY FALLING, WHEN IT HIT THE FLOOR MY WALLET, MY SMOKES AND MY LIGHTER FLEW OUT OF MY POCKETS. A MOMENT LATER I FELT LIKE I WAS BACK IN MY BODY AND ALL OF THE SUDDEN I WAS STANDING UP. THESE TWO GIRLS HAD PICKED ME UP AND SAID YOU NEED TO BE CAREFUL AROUND HERE, HANDED ME MY WALLET, LIGHTER AND SMOKES AND MOVED ON. ALL OF THESE YEARS I HAVE ONLY TOLD THIS TO LESS THAN A HANDFULL OF PERSONS. I HAVE ONE OTHER EXPERIENCE THAT IS EVEN WEIRDER THAN THIS. MABE SOME OTHER TIME. GOOD LUCK.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Maybe you just died for a second.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Could you please post without the caps??

And welcome to the forum...

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ivanglam
no i meant , once the vibes are felt, the simplest way (i know people ahve different favorite methoods) you know of to get out og the body.

I don't get vibes much anymore so I can't help you.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Question: Did you see the silver cord?

I always thought that part was bunk until I had my first oobe...and then saw it! I think that was the thing that surprised me the most. My oobes (first ones) were NOT my choice though... Seems I just like to leap out my skin whenever I go unconscious through physical trauma. Every single time that's happened, I've gone oob, and I have no idea why. Since then, I've been able to consciously do it a few times, but most of the time, I just get close and can't quite separate....guess I need more practice, hehe...but it isn't something I usually have time (or more correctly, the setting) to try...

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
maybe you just have to clear your minds of OoBE, and subconsiously it would automatically happen. Maybe?

Cuz so far from what I read OoBE, happens to people who tries not to seek it.

-------------------

I wish I knew OBE....i think it happened to me before....be its so vague i cant remember. Maybe a dream. Oh well how could I OBE

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyblueff0
maybe you just have to clear your minds of OoBE, and subconsiously it would automatically happen. Maybe?

Cuz so far from what I read OoBE, happens to people who tries not to seek it.

-------------------

I wish I knew OBE....i think it happened to me before....be its so vague i cant remember. Maybe a dream. Oh well how could I OBE

I think in some instances what you suggest can work.
One outing I experienced came after expressing to a recently deceased friend that I was available to him if he felt lost or anxious. I made no exit attempts before sleeping, but I woke up to the vibrations in the wee hours of the morning, and I was out less than two seconds later.

I think it can be very effective to provide a framework for the outing: enunciating precisely what you want to do and where you want to go, and making an appeal to any compatible forces that wish to help. Then one can forget about it, or simply remember naturally from time to time that you plan to go somewhere in spirit, just as you might remember a physical appointment several times before honoring it.
I'm going to try this out over the next few weeks.

M.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Im more and more able to GET OUT........but going 'somewhere' is rather hard! When I try to concentrait on GOING SOMEWHERE....I rush back into my body. I am frusterated by this

I am now speaking aloud my intentions as to WHERE I want to go, and inviting helper Spirits to join and guide me. I wonder if a helping Spirit was the disembodied 'voice' I heard last week?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME GET OUT IN THE FIRST PLACE

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I was helped out of my body once. I was floating on my side and I felt these hands under my back...pretty cool. I've been out a couple of times, but now it seems I can't get that far anymore.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I only get sleep paralysis if I sleep on my back or side. You can try staying up late..watching t.v or reading while your in your bed and laying down..when your eyes feel very heavy and you feel like your going to fall asleep, get ready for bed. Don't let your mind drift...hold on to your awareness. Not long after you might end up in sleep paralysis...roll out on your side.

One time I was waiting for a call from someone, they took forever to call, anyway I was laying on my couch watching t.v., and tired, I realized I couldn't move..I didn't realize my body fell asleep.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Nope. You gotta do it on your own.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Questor

I meant " SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME LEARN THE NECESARY TECHNIQUES IN ORDER TO ADEQUATLEY ACHIEVE THE PHENOMINA KNOWN AS AN ASTRAL PROJECTION"

haha hope that clears that up

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Questor

I meant " SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME LEARN THE NECESARY TECHNIQUES IN ORDER TO ADEQUATLEY ACHIEVE THE PHENOMINA KNOWN AS AN ASTRAL PROJECTION"

haha hope that clears that up

Hi Ivanglam........back in THIS very thread are listed the tecniques usefull in achieving OOBE.....I am just learning as well and have asked for information from others, and they have put forth some AMAZING information to enable one to enter the Astral Planes......differant people have differant ways to achieve this, but the tryed and true ways are listed as well as personal tecniques.
I would suggest you start on page one of THIS thread, and read the pages and copy down the information wich feels most likely would work for you. Meditaition is a KEY element, for the better one knows themself, it becomes easier to know wich path will lead you to that wich you are seeking.

Also, please give the search funtion a try here on ATS, for I am sure this is not the ONLY thread that contains crucial information for one to explore the differant paths toward an OOBE.
Tibeten Monks can spend an entire lifetime working to achieve this goal, so I dont think shouting at us to just give you the ANSWER to a most sought after quest, of many on the enlightened path is going to get you much.......I wish I COULD just hand you 'the secret' but this is something one must seek within themselves. My personal search has been ongoing for over 25 years now, and this thread is the result of that.

Read and research will be a start, and this thread itself is chalk full of fabulous information.

[edit on 7-2-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Hey Ivanglam, ive not had an OOBE yet(too many things in the way, i barely even have time to meditate, gurrr
), but i do know some good links that have tips and tricks, ive used some and have gotten vibes 2 or 3 times. And if i could find a way to practice more often im sure i might have more!!!! But anyways, lol, heres the links i know.

www.astralsociety.com...

astralvoyage.com...
Tell me what you think, i love the astral society forums.
Dani

P.S. I just found this link on google, and its a forum of some kind, where people post links to stuff similar to OOBE's!! Theres like tons of links check it out!!!
www.occultforums.com...
I'll have to check out Ocullt forums home page now lol, pretty coool!

[edit on 10-2-2005 by Vesuvius 13]

[edit on 10-2-2005 by Vesuvius 13]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
in Keeping with having this thread be a diary of sorts of my experiances, Ill tell you all what happened last night.

I was very tired and was going to sleep, when once again the rushing sound comes to me, and I take all opertunity to OOBE, so I worked on 'getting out'

I was able to lift up, then it felt like I was rolling around a bit and got dizzy, and then "BLAM" back in my body.
It occured to me that this is happening when I am falling asleep and VERY tired, and all things Ive read on this subject is saying being rested is 'key'.......
I dont wake up after a few hours of sleeping, I sleep HARD for at least 8 hours...so NOW, as in tomarow am, prior to rising, I am going to meditate in bed, and see if the door will open for me once rested. Im thinking I am not getting anywhere because I am to tired physically. So tomarow I am going to focus on this prior to rising. Wish me luck!

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Well, I've been meditating probably an hour a day for the last few weeks and I have not yet been able to astrally project but here's what I can describe and maybe someone can assist me in understanding:

I sit in a nice comfy recliner I have, but my back is straight and my hands rest limply on my thighs. In this position, I can control my breathing and after 45 mins or so, I enter what feels like an Alpha state. It's a separation from my body. For example, I will lose sensation of my fingertips against my leg. Also, my breathing and limbic functions become automatic, and I feel as if I am floating 'inside' myself, so to speak.

Getting out, however, has been more challenging.

Recently I decided to just think about geometric shapes as this is pleasurable to me and is usually the hypnogogic imagery I prefer when falling asleep. When I visualize waveforms or a single point from which a waveform emanates, I achieve a distinct loosening of what I guess is my astral body. I still can't get out, tho'. I just sit there and can sense a distinct 'inflation' of myself. It feels weird but I do not know how to 'move'. I focus on my amygdyla inside my skull and I can definately feel it click forward and I feel increased activity in the frontal lobes. I feel like a rocket poised on the launch pad but I don't know how to trigger lift-off.

I also sometimes have felt a weird sensation of being stretched laterally, like as if I was a piece of taffy and was being pulled from the front and the back at the same time. Curiously, when I felt this recently, I also sensed a man and a woman about fifteen feet to my left who were smiling and seemed to want to encourage me to project. I have no idea who that couple was, but that image popped into my head very clearly before I lost them.

Recently I felt really close. I had decided to visualize my astral hands manipulating an object as some have recommended. I chose a tennis ball because they are easy to visualize. I then imagined that the tennis ball was being pulled upward and my astral hands were holding onto it. I felt a distinct pulling sensation, but it seems to break down in my shoulders. My hands grip the ball and my arms follow, by my torso does not want to release. Weird, eh?

QUESTIONS:

What's the longest you have stayed in a meditative state in an attempt to project? Did you find that at the third hour you were closer than at the first hour?

Is it 'cheating' if I am using my memory to visualize myself? For example, I am sitting there in my chair, and my mind says, "Well heck, if you want to be on the other side of the room and looking at yourself, then just imagine it by building up a picture in your mind of you sitting in this chair." I will then do so, remembering the color of my clothes, the look of the room, etc. I can build up a very clear picture of me sitting in the chair and as if I am standing across the room, but I feel like I am cheating by using my memory. I'm not 'seeing' it so much as I am 'building' it. Does this make sense? Is there anything to be gained from this action?

Thanks for any suggestions.

[edit on 11-2-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps
What's the longest you have stayed in a meditative state in an attempt to project? Did you find that at the third hour you were closer than at the first hour?

For me a minimum of several hours of sleep is required to get the body ready for AP. Then the best time to go is between 2 am - 4 am.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Guys and Girls, and etc....

I think I had my first OoBE last night, it was so crazy..All I know was it was around 2am, and I was pretty calm, and my mind was pretty clear about that night, I just went to sleep, and I think went into a dream state, but then Everything got all surreal, and then I was realizing I was dreaming, then everythign shifted as i heard a humming noise, and a vibration in my body, so I was aware of my dreamstate and my physical state. then You could say I somehow vibrated my way out of my body and dreamstate.

So basically I heard a humming noise, then felt this vibration on me, and a heaviness on me for a couple of second. Next thing I knew when I opened my eyes, and it felt like I was floating towards my wall, I kinda freaked out at first, cuz I didnt know what to do, but then I remember somewhere from this forum, that you had to stay cool during OoBE, so I did, but i didn't know what to do for a couple of minutes laying on my backside staring at the wall, so I just somehow decided to go back into my body, when I was thinking about that I slowly sank into my body, and when i closed my eyes, and opened again, it was exactly how i almost saw it in my OoBE state, cept at a different angle. Because 1) I wasnt sure what to do next, and 2) Because I heard that you need to cleans yourself before AP or something, or dark enity might get you

Then when I woke up I kept hearing the same humming noise, and everything when I closed my eyes, I was about to go through the same phases again, so I guess it was pretty cool...

SO is this OoBE

[edit on 13-2-2005 by skyblueff0]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join