It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
sup. I have taught my self to shut my body off but keep my mind awake.This is so close to what all of you are talking about. River, if you were out of yer body what were you viewing the material world with? eyeS? spiritual eyes? I dont know how to make the transition into this spiritual body, explaining what being in it is like, would really help my mind set. Could you elaborate what that energy body looked like , i just dont understand how a conciousness created by our brains can be held together while flying around. Were you in a dream state? thanks

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
sound2: Check out astralynamics.com

I have found this site very helpful in understanding the mechanics of projection.

PS: YOu are lucky you can shut off your body while keeping awake your mind. Try the ROPE tactic (found on that site) to lift yourself out of your body. Good luck, and happy astral traveling

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I have had several OOBE's/Astral travels, whatever you choose to call it...many times I fall into a state of sleep paralysis, which is a fully conscious state, but your body cannot move...when this happens, I can basically leave my body on command. And I also used to think that these kind of things were crazy and not true, and that anyone talking about it was a nutjob....but I have done it several times, and I believe it now.

Here is a link to my first OOBE, when I posted it in BTS a while ago:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

I also found a book online by Yogi Ramacharaka that was written in 1903...and the chapter explaining the "Astral World" describes an experience that is very similar to what happened to me. Once again, I normally would have thought this stuff was BS, before I educated myself through experience, as well as other religious beliefs relating to these occurences. Here is this chapter about "The Astral World " or astral plane.

www.geocities.com...

[edit on 6-6-2005 by Shoktek]

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sound2
sup. I have taught my self to shut my body off but keep my mind awake.This is so close to what all of you are talking about. River, if you were out of yer body what were you viewing the material world with? eyeS? spiritual eyes? I dont know how to make the transition into this spiritual body, explaining what being in it is like, would really help my mind set. Could you elaborate what that energy body looked like , i just dont understand how a conciousness created by our brains can be held together while flying around. Were you in a dream state? thanks

Hey, this is the same thing (sleep paralysis) that happens to me. It is very easy to leave your body while you are in this state. You need to just focus on being pulled up and out of your body...just focus on going straight up out of your body. This has worked for me, and is usually accompanied by a vibrating sensation throughout your body, as well as a humming noise. But when I am in the sleep paralysis state, I can leave my body with little effort.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vector J
Well its nice to hear that no-one cares about what happened to me, and that no-one wants to offer any advice or help...

Vector, it sounds like with the vibrating and the sound that you hear, you are right on the brink of leaving your body. Just try focusing your mind on wanting to fly up and out of your body. And you need to be mentally prepared and content with yourself as well, or you might not be able to leave.

The Yogis speak of some people who are too attached to their physical bodies, and too attached to the physical world, because of how they are emotionally connected to splendors and physical objects or being on the physical world--these people have a hard time leaving the physical, as they have not prepared themselves, or educated themselves on other planes of existence, and would choose not to explore them.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The feeling I have, when I ~LEAVE~ is really hard to describe.....its kind of like I am in a mud bog, and suddenly stand up out of it and all the mud just slips off.
IF IF that makes any sense.

Last night I got out 3 times........
The first time I got out for only a moment and then 'BLAM' was back....so I worked on it and got out again, but it was very dark brown and murky and I could see nothing.
I was flying and flitting around in the dark, trying hard to get my ~astral eyes~ to SEE. I worried about this so much I wound up back in my bed. Then I asked my guides to help clear my vision, and worked myself out again. I was still blind on the other side however.
It is not an easy thing to get your perceptions to WORK astrally.......

You have to learn to ~SEE~ from a new place that does not include having EYES.....and hear from this place as well.......when you have no body you no longer have those senses.
Being able to percieve Astrally is complex......it is a whole new way to relax and let go, and allow your conciousness to SEE and HEAR without a body.

I need to work on this issue...........sometimes I can see about as well as with eyes, other times I am in a dark brown murk.....

My 3rd time out last night was just as murky.........I could feel alot of rushing movement though, and at a couple of points I was seeing stars....so I know I was out of the house at least. It was still very unclear.......and frusterating.

Any old timer OOBE folks have any tips on this for me?
as in HOW to clear up my astral perceptions?

[edit on 7-6-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I haven't read through this entire thread for I feel as if there is no point if thee is the slightlest possiblility that I can succcessful do this Right here and right now. So if someone can U2U me, preferably theRiverGoddess or someone with high amounts of positive, peaceful experience please do by assisting me to OobE in any way neccessary. I've been attemping to do this successfully for some quite time now, but the closest I have ever come was in a state of heightened (concious) REM (dream-like) awareness. I have had outer body experiences several times, but none to the point where I felt I was in full control or under a state of trueness (as if it were 'really' happening). So here I am, ready more than ever to learn as much as I can to successfully, in the truest form possible to experience a (multiple=upon many unprecented experiences) OobE [Out Body Experience(s)].

~ Eric ~
Gay F. Doe

[edit on 8-6-2005 by 2Super7E123]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I rise up body-less
My soul seeks yours in Salt Lake
Meet me at Wendy's!

I really am trying to find away to see if I can make the spirit trip not from California to Utah but from my bed to the bedroom cieling
I wrote the haiku since you are the one who really inspired me to try again to go OOB after giving up a few years ago.

I am still stuck though.. It seems that even when my entire body is vibrating and humming like a transformer, I never seem to get out of body..ARGGG!

Frustrating!!

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Hey, this is my very first post, but I was just wandering if maybe the person who helped you browses this or anything. I'm pretty interested in trying this out, but I don't wanna do it alone. maybe I'd get stuck out of my body or something. I don't know, Obviously I know very little about this subject matter. please U2U me, Mr./Ms./Mrs. Adept? Please?

[edit on 9-6-2005 by euwhajavb]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
well i THINK i did it. I was tryin last night before bed, but I couldn't do it. So i went to sleep, blah blah, and then this morning when i woke up (i remembered seeing someone say it was easier to do coming out of sleep) I tried again. This time I felt myself vibrating a little, and tingling (that's where i dunno if it was a dream or not, because it wasn't really that powerful of a vibration. People describe it as really vibrating). So I felt like i just sepereated from my body and I tried to roll off my bed. i felt like hadm but never hit the ground. So i opened my eyes, hoping i wouldn't either ruin it, or it not have worked. I was out fo my body. I decided to puch through a wall and I did. It was kinda hard at first, I guess cuz i'm used to physical physics, but i did it. I looked around and my dog was staring at me scared. I reached out and pet it. It was so scared. I felt bad. Then my hand started tingling in both bodies, so i just..was back in my physical body. Now does that sound like your experiences or was it a dream. And another note; before i did that, i had a dream where some girl was helping me try it. i dunno if that was real or not

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
euwha..........what you are decribing sounds like the real deal. I found it difficult to just GO through walls at first to. Our minds are so used to that being impossible, it makes the first time a challange.
As you DO THIS more....you will be able to diferentiate between this experiance and a dreamstate. The reaction of your pet is confirmation of the reality of your experiance IMO.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Cats and dogs can SEE our ethirical body..........! So can reptiles!

When I am in the OOBE state...this cat I have runs through the house following me and meowing at me.........it seams to like me better like that
It seams to want to be playful with my OOBE self.......

Maybe this state scares dogs? I don't know............but your pets reactions to you in this state is confirmation of its validity.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Some womanproved thatit works insome hospital,she knew exactly about a room or a bed ina hospital because of her out of body experience. I would love to try it!

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Alright, thanks River. I thought about my dog also, and yea maybe that's what they see when they bark at nothing or at "ghosts". I haven't been able to do it again yet, though and I really want to. Anyways, thanks for the help with this thread.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This is a brilliant thread, thank you everyone for your information and input on how to achieve atral projection, especially RiverGoddess of course

There was slight discussion earlier about OOBE as a child, and this resonated with me. I do have distinct memories of being a child and floating down the staircase of my house. Of course, it's very possible this was a recurring dream, I'd say that these memories definately happened when I was younger than 8, probably around 5 or 6.

I do remember later, probably around, or just before puberty, remembering these dreams/experiences, and being very sad and shocked that I had forgot how to achieve this OOBE (which always occured in the night, so I guess I must have been asleep) when they took place.

As I say, I'm not saying they were anything more than a recurring dream, but they don't feel like remembering a dream, they feel like remembering actual experiences.

This thread has definately prompted me to give atral projection a go, I've always had a passing interest in it, but I'm the kind of person who get's very frustrated when not experiencing instant results (unfortunately for me!)

In the past I have tried deep relaxation techniques, often with the use of music, I would lay on my bed, with the headphones on, with 1 song, that I felt a very special connection to, and I would trying breathing steadily and emptying my mind of thoughts, and I would almost lose the sensation of my body, my concentration would be squarely in my mind, with no thought to my physical presence.

Often, I also have the feeling I seen referenced in this thread several times of paralysis right at the point of sleep, often just drifting into dream state, and feeling of bondage, and having to 'break out' of the dream because I was 'physically' trapped or paralysed. I always presumed that was the mind waking up before the body, or the conscious mind waking up before the part of the brain that controls movement?
- Also very common is the feeling of 'jumping'/'landing' back in the body with a jolt just as I'm drifting off to sleep, I get this very often, several times a week, sometimes more than once a night.

Well, I'd like to think I was open to experiencing OOBE phenomena, and I'd like to thank everyone again who contributed in this thread, for re-awakening my interest in the subject.

I'm off to bed.........

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
"Are you tired of not getting the information you're look for on the net? Wasting time looking at ads? Tired of fighting about conspiracies? If you want to further the discussion about Conspiracy Theories, come to conspiranoia.greatboard.com... RESEARCHERS WELCOMED!"

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
So who was the person that took you on the first trip, RiverGoddess?

And how bad was childbirth for a dream-like state to exceed it?

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Akilles......I can NOT say.
That was the pact I struck....I can NEVER TELL.
Noone can pay me enough money to break my solemn vow....I would die before breaking my promise.(and since I no longer fear death THAT is no biggy)

Childbirth was HORRIFYING!

Going OOBE was much like a rollercoaster ride.....the 2 are not comparable.

Velvetsplash TYVM for your kind words!
I firmly believe the falling sensation you get when asleep/FALLING/WAKING....is your souls return to the body. Most people just have no CONSCIOUS recall of this happening....but it does.

[edit on 12-6-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Child birth is scary......im not sure i could even watch my wife go thru that(altho i don't have a wife yet), id rather adopt...

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
Cats and dogs can SEE our ethirical body..........! So can reptiles!

When I am in the OOBE state...this cat I have runs through the house following me and meowing at me.........it seams to like me better like that
It seams to want to be playful with my OOBE self.......

Maybe this state scares dogs? I don't know............but your pets reactions to you in this state is confirmation of its validity.

Lions and tigers, and other feline cats can read auras too...as well as most other animals im sure, that's how they know when ur afraid.
I"m looking up that stuff on Belly breathing now rivergoddess.

[edit on 15-6-2005 by Vesuvius 13]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The last 2 nights I have gotten ~out~.

2 nights ago I headed to the stars (not by choice I still have ZERO control) and was going SO FAST my tummy was turning. I was just zipping through space and unable to focus on any one star.....I was just BLASTING through space.

Last night I asked my guides to please help me to go places I want to go. To please help me learn to CHOOSE my destinations.
I got out...and was again zipping through space. Then hands grasped my hands! Now being in OOBE state I am aware I don't really have hands, but the feeling was solid. Somebody was grasping my hands and I had no choice in the matter......I started re stateing that MY aura was closed to all but workers of the light and my guides, and the hands stayed with me. They were pulling/guiding me........and BLAM I was back in my body. I could then actually SEE a woman sitting on my bed and holding my hand. She was smiling. She was NOT a solid form, and seamed ghostlike in appearance
I did not feel like she was trying to tell me anything, she was just there. It was like she brought me back to my body and was giving me the impression that THIS is where I should be....that I was safer this way. She was only visable for like a minute and then she faded, and was gone.
I tryed to get out again, and the sound came rushing and I was popping out, but there were OTHERS in my room....and they did not allow me to go anywhere........they were giving me the distinct feeling I was like a naughty child somehow and they were babysitting by making me go back into my body. Maybe this happened because I am taking vicodin painkillers for a recent leg injury....and was going OOBE while high on the drugs?? Maybe my guides were watching over me because I was flying stoned? I do not know the answers...........

This was all new......I have not had any close encounters with other beings beyond my initial YANKER. I could'nt go to sleep with all these new experiances to ponder. I turned on my bedside lamp and read for a while.

This gives me alot to think about.

[edit on 15-6-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join