It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those With ADHD Are the new race "Aquarian Children"?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Smartest people in the world?
Bah.......
Maybe an IQ number on paper says (maybe, I haven't seen stats) but I'm rather saddened that my executive function and ability to actually USE my brain to it's potential or whatever is ...not there....lol..
To me, 'smart' is the whole package all around; not just the capacity of our minds but how effectively and fully we use it, how we regulate, control, manage etc etc... And it's that 2nd part where I...FAIL...

It really is sad. Like really...but I've given up a great deal in the last while and that's my own fault I guess.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I haven't been dignosed with ADD, but I'm pretty confident I have it, that I fit the symptoms. But in my opinion it's not a disorder, everyone thinks in an unique way, this is just one of many, ADD is also split up into different groups, all ADD is not the same. It's just many different "natural" ways of thinking.

That's what's life is about, uniqueness.

I would also NEVER take any medication, because I feel perfectly fine the way I am, this is my natural way of thinking. There is nothing wrong at all.

Imagine if Eintein took medication for his possible ADD, do you think he would be the man we hear about today? I don't think so. How different would the world be now if they had medication that "changed" who he was.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoebeflakes
Smartest people in the world?
Bah.......
Maybe an IQ number on paper says (maybe, I haven't seen stats) but I'm rather saddened that my executive function and ability to actually USE my brain to it's potential or whatever is ...not there....lol..
To me, 'smart' is the whole package all around; not just the capacity of our minds but how effectively and fully we use it, how we regulate, control, manage etc etc... And it's that 2nd part where I...FAIL...

It really is sad. Like really...but I've given up a great deal in the last while and that's my own fault I guess.

Smart is certainly relative, and I am jealous of the people that are able to focus in and do something very well. There were students that barely understood the material and received better grades than me.

I guess the "smart" that we have been discussing is in the problem-solving category, at least for me. I can memorize things very easily as well, but I don't enjoy it. I also read very fast, but sometimes I have to reread, because my mind wandered.

People who are able to apply their knowledge effectively are able to be more successful than I am, so that level of success should definitely be figured into the "smart" equation. It is more than a number on an IQ test, or a grade on a test. I was able to CLEP 31 hours of my undergraduate degree, because I am good at taking tests, but some of my friends do much better in the classes, because they are able to sit down and do all the homework and hand it in on time!

If the house is on fire, the keys are lost, the neighborhood is flooding, or the boardroom has broken off into warring factions, come get me. If something needs dutifully attended to, do not delegate to me, because we will both be in big trouble!

[edit on 1-6-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It seems there are a lot of similarities with personality amongst some of us.
I as well enjoy working as a tradesman (millwright) requires a lot of what i offer to complete a task. Problem solving, physical labour etc. I also hava had a hard time making it a career. There is currently a shortage of work in the industrial maintenance field. I currently manage a bar, that is a decent days work.

I have realized that i am a REACTIVE personality. I have no time for finding tasks, however I get out right excited if s--t happens and I have to fix it.

Another natural remedyish observation I have made. I recently discovered I have a Wheat gluten intolerance, since I have purified my diet, i not only lost 40 pounds, but my ability to be bored and not fall asleep (lectures, movies etc) has improved considerably. If my diet was, as it is. I feel i would have had a more comfortable go as a student. I sit through work related conferences now, and i am interested (even though it is mundane) and involved.

I am of the opinion that our lack of nutrition is a huge problem for everyone, as well as very detrimental to those with high cerebral activity.

Do a 2 week challenge to eliminate processed(use the celiac diet) flours, soda pop, and insert more fruit and vegetables. I also rely heavily on CHIA seeds added to common meals to add nutrition. Remember how you feel after 2 weeks.
Then reintroduce a big processed starch infested meal to your system and notice that you feel terrible. You will be tired and feel like you can't digest anything.

I know I feel a lot better, with a lot more focus. Now i need something to focus on!!!!! LOL

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

I guess you would have to call me a Picaquarian. I am way to old the called an Aquariun child.

Multi-tasking is my slow speed. I often find myself annoyed when revving up to warp speed and once at proper warp I hit zone in mode.

Zone is perfect except I lose all connection with time and my environment. I will not even notice that I am working in the dark until someone comes along, thinks that this is awful peculiar and will flick on the lights and demand to know why in the world am I working in the dark and sometimes more alarmingly, how can I work in the dark.

Mental wheels are turning constantly making it difficult at times to follow a verbal conversation because I still trying to process the concept of a statement made sixty seconds earlier. This often makes me do a mental dump on most of what a person is saying honing in on only that which is relevant.

Those at work like my summaries because I have a tendency to reduce everything to the basics. Keep it short, sweet and simple.

I hate redundancy and have a tendency to rebel against duplicating my efforts unless absolutely necessary.

I love being around people but I find them draining. People frequently tell me that they are drawn to me and I have never met a stranger but at the end of the day I am exhausted and I find that I have to isolate myself for days to rejuvenate.

It is has become clear to me over the years that I am a giver. I frequently tune into those that have the greatest need and I do what I can but I find it very difficult to accept gifts. This has created problems in relationships because most people want to return the act of giving as an automatic act of gratitude and resent the refusal of a gift a thanks.

I have little trouble sleeping except for twice a year when I will develop a two week bout of insomnia which nothing can break. it has to run its course. After that sleep is not a problem unless you want to count the progression of my day right into my dreams. This often happens when I am dealing with an issue that is a problem or is particularly troubling.

I think at bottom of it all I am just highly adaptable to changes and time. Growing up as military brat probably helped. Change was something that you became used to and adapting quickly was the key to survival.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

I agree with you synopsis of how to deal with ADD.

I know the disadvantages and work to keep them in-check, but use the many advantages to my benefit. I push and test myself in my pursuit of furthering my education. The greater the challenge the greater the experience and my personal growth.

My personal relationships with women have suffered, because of ADD...I move on due to the lack of stimulation in the relationship. Now that I recognize this, I prefer to stay out of relationships and concentrate on personal growth and harnessing my ADD, both pro and con.

I have struggled as many have posted on this thread. Your stories sound much like mine. I do not take any medications...they steal my creative side, plus it give me something to work on without relying on medications to caontrol my hyperactivity.

This is my personal experience with ADD, yes. much has been left out, but that is for another thread...

I have enjoyed readiing all of your personal stories, remain strong!

S&F Op!

Ciao!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
i dont post much on ATS...i tend to lurk...but this thread caught my attention a bit

ive gone thru life (27 years old now) with similar problems to what the original poster is describing

ive spent a great deal of my life expanding out and taking in a ton of different hobbies as possible...i have a VERY hard time doing mundane work...it drives me nuts...even in elementry/middle/high school i couldnt stand doing most of my work because it really didnt mean much to me...i still graduated with a 3.5 gpa...and same with college...i held a 3.7 gpa...i had to FORCE myself to do the boring, mundane and rather un-imaginative class work...even in my major...all of my work was rather boring and there was no challenge for me (i majored in multimedia design...but i had been doing video/audio/graphics work since i was 15...so it was more or less a simple review for me...my teachers didnt exactly like the fact that i knew more than they did...and thats not being said in an egotistical sense)

this theory on the aquarius age is interesting...ive heard it referenced in a few other places (including the zeitgeist video)...the whole 2012 thing and the end of mayan calender i think plays into the theory as well...people discuss 2012 as the end times, much like a biblical sense...but im a heavy believer that its not the "end times", "armageddon", "end of the world" sense that so many christians and weak minded (not meant in a negative way) people subscribe to...yah the world around us sucks right now...we are so driven by useless consumer crap and think that money is the root of happiness in this world...but it seems that way of thinking may be proven to be moot in times to come...the end times i was referring to could easily be in theory linked to a transition in human psyche...or rather evoltion...the end of the world seems to be nothing more than the end of a time in human evoltion that will transist to a new level of evolution

personally, the only 2 things that can slow my mind down enough for me to be relaxed and focused are 1) ecstacy (MDMA) and 2) drifting...while the first one is a bad way of calming myself down (which i stopped doing YEARS ago..especially after i ruined a good chunk of my teeth...cost me a lot of repair the damages i did to them...drugs are bad mmmmmkay)...the latter is a much healthier way for me to do...i can include a third which would be my artwork...i run a clothing line for a living and spend a lot of time behind my PC designing...when im locked into my artwork or how im going to transition my car from one turn to another on a track...for some odd reason its pure euphoria for me...the randomness and cluster fu** that is my brain is slowed down and everything just shuts off except for that ONE thing thats in front of me

i think there is something to this thread and to this theory and it needs to be explored much heavier and much deeper by not only the original poster, but by many more members of this forum who suffer from the same "symptoms" or rather "mind set" that were hypothosizing about

[edit on 1-6-2009 by dorkidori_s13]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thats very true..

You could say I am "addicted to the action"

Plays in well with my former sports gamblinng habit and my stock addiction lol..

Yes mundane for me 40 hr work weeks with other mundane people... blah!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Is this only for kids? I'm fifty, and my whole life I've heard myself described;
You are so smart, but... or How can know so much, but... etc.

My problem is I can't stay on topic until it's exhausted. I automatically
see juxtapositions several times during any sentence anyone speaks
and I just have no filter to stop myself from zooming off. It makes
people uncomfortable. And if I make a conscious decision to hold
my tongue, it's worse, and I can tell they think I'm judging them
and they get nervous.

Now I just tell people I'm weird when I meet them.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

nope, you can have it your whole life, or perhaps you develop it bc of something else etc...

like i said in a previous posts, there is a whole umbrella of terms associated with "adhd"... many different types in fact..

It sounds like it though.. perhaps some social anxiety/being a loner perhaps?

I mean you can go to the dr... but I don't know if he would recommend the stimulants to you at your age.. could tho defintaltly.. it would actually prob. help you a lot, or at least see reality from a different view point..

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
i do not believe that ADD or ADHD are natural conditions, therefore i do not think the OP has any weight in reality

no offense, but i consider it bunk for many reasons

i would argue forever against such complete utter BS, but i honestly do not have time for it

hopefully the majority of people will realize that these children are no more divine than those who do not have ADD/ADHD

the person who made this up probably lives in complete denial and makes up massive lies to make them feel better about the fact their child has ADD(a man made disease)

maybe im wrong but it sure does sound like that to me...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Thats cool man

Like ive said about 5 times on this thread, you cant know what it is like until you obtain it yourself.

Hopefully none of your family members have to go through life destroying relationships or drug abuse to make yourself feel normal.

It really sucks.

But the best to you my friend.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I forgot to mention that this thread is awesome. I also want to add that almost everyone of you people sounds so much like me and so clearly like one another that it can only mean one thing. If we all got together we could start a poker playing, stock trading, music recording, multimedia corporation that would conquer the world.
( I couldnt' resist ) Seriously this thread has been fantastic. It has offered insight into my self and about others which I never thought I would find on a conspiracy theory website. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Thanks for letting him know. You said it over and over and some don't get it. How can you talk about something that you no nothing about?lol

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

LMAO! Thanks, that sounds cool!
Sounds like we could get along an understand each other quit well. They would be no issues as far I can see.lol..Imagine the energy? We won't go to sleep!lol

[edit on 1-6-2009 by king Pop!p]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival

Is this only for kids? I'm fifty, and my whole life I've heard myself described;
You are so smart, but... or How can know so much, but... etc.

My problem is I can't stay on topic until it's exhausted. I automatically
see juxtapositions several times during any sentence anyone speaks
and I just have no filter to stop myself from zooming off. It makes
people uncomfortable. And if I make a conscious decision to hold
my tongue, it's worse, and I can tell they think I'm judging them
and they get nervous.

Now I just tell people I'm weird when I meet them.

You in the same age range as me. I think us Maturainians fall some place in between. I think that we grew up during the time of most rapid period of technological change of any generation before us and maybe after. Think about what has taken place within the last 50 to 100 years.

The youngsters are trying to cope with the newness of our world. We had to cope with our world vanishing behind us and developing in front of us.

No wonder half the time we don't know if we are coming or going.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by greenbicman

I was diagnosed ADD in high school and was giving adderal which I proceeded to crush and snort for about a a year, then to snow, then to the poppy... Ive struggled with that h since 16, 23 now and 9 months clean... t&c? anyways I understand the drug abuse issues. I am also diagnosed mood disorder which is is lesser form of bi-polar and don't like the meds, make me feel numb to the world and in that case I would rather be on dope... for real. So I dunno I just try to stay busy fixing pc's and playing video games. lot of time outdoors hiking for miles getting lost in the woods until the next morning lol... I multi task, am a musician, u2u me if u'd like to check it out on myspace music, comes from my father who drives types on the laptop, reads the newspaper and talks on the cell all at once ha... Hes 51 and still alive you'd think hed at least get in one car accident... so who knows... anyways good thread S&F!

[edit on 1-6-2009 by iamjesusphish]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

ok ill give you a straight forward example so you understand where im coming from with this

i once met a woman, and she had a child

she said that her child was born by Immaculate Conception, or "God impregnated her"

and that her son was "Divine" because he was born from a fatherless conception

however, the truth is, that this woman Always lies to make herself feel better about everything, she even told me she had a Dodge Viper even tho it was just a Geo Metro or something

point being, that alot of these people just make up huge LIES and then force themselves to actually Believe their own Lies!

They do this so that they do not have to deal with the reality that they are faced with , and in my example, that reality was that she got knocked up on a 1 nite stand and is trying to say it was "God who screwed her that night"

See what im Saying???

Thats why i say this ADD kids = Aquarian Children is just pure denial to help them avoid the fact that their child has a disease

Instead of making up grandiose myths and living in denial, i suggest these people just face the reality like most of us do. Its not easy but it is better than living a complete total lie!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by iamjesusphish

you claim that You have ADD and Bipolar, but i have a different diagnosis for you

Boredom

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I dunno man if if boredom causes me to go apesh*t on the people I love the most make them think I am going to harm them which I never would my temper is just really bad and I can be really really crazy to the point of being institutionalized then cry 5 minutes later begging for them to forgive me then 10 minutes after that act like it never happened... sure im bored???

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join