Those With ADHD Are the new race "Aquarian Children"?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Quite possibly ha.

That's why I think it's a disadvantage for the most part. I mean, how can the guy you can't seem to bring all his stuff to work everyday, or be on time, be the one that's going to lead this company, or the one to make his own...

But I could be wrong.

O yea about what you said about going to the doc for xanax. I initially went to for depression and extreme anxiety, especially social anxiety. I was gonna ask about welbutrin, and the we started talking, and well he pretty much told me that most of the anxiety is probably a side effect of a different disorder, and then he went on to ADD, and everything he mentioned fit me perfectly!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

"Those With ADHD Are the new race "Aquarian Children"?"

Yes and No.

ADHD is a phony medical disorder and a symptom of a larger problem.

That problem is that people cannot hold their attention spans on one thing for a very long period of time. Instead, they become distracted and wander on to something else.

Today's society is very much seeking of immediate gratification with as little work or effort required, and also we are used to changing what we are doing and the patterns that form in our minds relatively rapidly. Consider 30 minute blocks of television that are constantly interrupted by commercials, and compare watching that on a daily basis to churning butter for hours on end like people used to. Our minds are not used to having to deal with something for a prolonged period of time before changing to something else. Thus we essentially can't stay focused.

The next generation, the "spiritual" active generation, will be involved in prolonged meditation sessions and will overcome these issues.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I agree with some of what you said. However, I don't believe it's all a product of society. For instance, I watch zero TV except for movies, and I don't conform to societies ways most of the time. So to say that I've been bred to have the symptoms or lack of attention span, would be wrong in some cases. It could, however, be just the case for others, especially children.

As far as spiritual, I would consider that the next step in human evolution of the mind. As for right now, it seems to be just an overall heightened sense of awareness. Hopefully that may manifest itself into a more spiritual consciousness. Well, those are my thoughts anyway

[edit on 1-6-2009 by Karrotz]

[edit on 1-6-2009 by Karrotz]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karrotz
So to say that I've been bred to have the symptoms or lack of attention span, would be wrong in some cases. ...

As for right now, it seems to be just an overall heightened sense of awareness.

I agree very much, and I am beginning to spend more time in meditation.

Meditation very much increases your awareness. What I would like to draw attention to, is the fact that not very many people are comfortable sitting in a field for hours. Why? I wonder why this is, and it's admittedly much more complicated than watching too much TV, but I think it serves as a good analogy for what society likes to do to us in general. The simple answer is perhaps that people just become bored because they do not feel they are being stimulated enough by their surroundings, when the potential to so much more is inside.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I've heard a few members talk about meditation in relation to this subject. I've never tried it, but maybe I will sometime. I say I've never tried it, does a fully realistic "daydream" classify? I mean sometimes I can get so engulfed in it, I can even feel the emotions of the situation, and the plot flows with little effort. Maybe its a first step

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Also, anyone know or have some insight to the correlation of ADD and autism? I would think the two share a lot of the common conditions. I've heard before that some believe autism could possibly be another leap in evolution (if you believe in the term). I can see it feasible, especially when it comes to communication. Maybe vocal communication may one day, way way down the road, be obsolete? Maybe other forms of expression with override it?

Add to note: If you think this a possibility, consider the question of why the normal depiction of "grays" have no mouth, or least I've never seen them as shown to carry on a conversation verbally....

But that's only relevant depending on your stance toward "other life."

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

You make a lot of sense as well. Maybe it could be multiple factors.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Karrotz

Sure you meditated before. Have you ever took a long walk by yourself in a natural environment like a big park, forest or even maybe the city streets for more then half an hour and find your self in the "Zone" thinking very clear and maybe even solving some personal problem you had in life at the moment? Thats like meditating. But when you sit down and do it quietly for more then 30 minutes you would fell 10x more in that "Zone".

Read my quick thread on Mediatting and Astral traveling its a cool an short read www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Karrotz

I think greys speak telepathically, and they could feel the energy around them like a spider web. Ever vibration means something else. that'll be cool. hmmm I do have good energy senses. I can feel what a person is feeling by looking or talking to them for a second

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have a lot of these symptoms. Someone can tell me to get them something in another room as I'm walking into it and I will literally forget as I get into the room a few seconds later. I'm very decisive, like when I go shopping for something I can't just wander around looking for stuff, I know what I came there for and I'm usually done in a few minutes.

I can't stand large groups of people or just unfamiliar people and will infact feel a great uneasiness or irritation if I'm forced into an interaction. I can't walk anywhere at a casual pace. As was listed already, I can't put a great deal of motivation into a project that doesn't really interest me but if I'm interested in something, it becomes an almost unnatural focus. Many unfinished projects can be attributed to an Aries sign or so I've heard. It's also hard for me to properly articulate things as they are much better explained in my mind. I'm also drawn to music with an increased tempo.

Again with the drugs, There was just a lack of an addiction that appears to be prevalent among "normal" people. It's almost like the feeing of being "addiction proof".

I've never attributed these things to ADHD but perhaps its worth looking into.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by Eitimzevinten]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Hey, all of you ADD/ADHD people need to check out "A Hunter in a Farmer's World" or something like that, the book is called. My son is ADDish and this book explains a theory of how humans have through thousands (or hundreds)of generations have become the stable, methodical mind that is valued nowadays with traits like a farmer (one who can plan, evaluate, prepare, analyze, and have patience for his crop) the hunter was the first type of man(one who had to hunt and be alert, hyperfocused for short amounts of time, no time for pleasantries, etc) I am simplifying this, but it is a Great book that gives real value to people that have ADD/ADHD personalities. I personally am a bit myself and find that these type of people have a place in our world... they are leaders, entrepreneurs, and of course, make life more interesting!
Check out this book and theory-it's good.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Sounds interesting, I would read it. Where can you get it?

And yea, I agree about the place in society. All of my family have been entrepreneurs, dating back to my great grandfather. My mom owned her own business for over 26 years! Maybe ADD, or mild variances of, existed in my family. Is it hereditary?

I was reading a website back when I was learning about my condition. It was a medical guide type site. It struck a cord with me when it started talking about "hyper" focus, and how those with ADD can have unlimited focus, that if harnessed, can lead to remarkable breakthroughs. It also showed some of the advancements that have been made by individuals with cases of ADHD. I wish I could remember the site, I'll look for it.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The author is Thom Hartmann. He wrote several books on the subject and you can get them at most big book stores or online I think.

I am repeating myself, but this theory of his, is words to live by, and will make you appreciate the ADD traits for what they are and work with them in society.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

"Kathleen Nadeau explains this phenomenon in her book, Adventures in Fast Forward. “In actuality, ADD is not a ‘deficit’ of attention, but a disorder in which individuals have much less control over their responses to stimuli,” writes Nadeau. They are unable to regulate their attention. Though they may have extreme difficulty focusing, organizing, and completing certain mundane tasks, they are often able to focus intently on other activities that interest them. This tendency to become absorbed in tasks that are stimulating and rewarding is called hyperfocus. .... The ability to hyperfocus and block out extraneous sights and sounds can produce very positive outcomes. Some of the greatest discoveries and accomplishments result from an individual’s ability to stay “in the zone,” focused and immersed in an activity for hours and hours.

link

Not exactly the one I read, but it's an upside to the story at least.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
LOL...

leave it to the thread with the ADHD kids on it to have 114 replies in less than 12 hours...

all kidding aside, i think i have it too, but i've never been diagnosed - i'd like to believe that those with ADD/ADHD are the "new race", but it almost seems that if Tsarion is marketing his material to the vast audience of those with this affliction - god knows many people these days have ADD/ADHD, and Tsarion could be targeting that market group, because anyone who has a sickness would love to turn it around and hear that it's a good thing...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
At my school, those with ADHD get to take their quizzes and tests to the "resource room" where they are able to get all the answers and have teachers write their essays.

Probably doesn't help them in the long run.

And visual learners like myself get to slave away over papers, studying for hours, working really hard to get perfect scores.

When I could, you know, just get diagnosed with ADHD and get all the answers for free.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I agree with everyone that ADHD and ADD are a symptom of the bigger problem of our current child-raising techniques, however:

ADHD is not all bad. I have never taken medication for mine, luckily I have a wonderful mother. I was always hyperactive, but we just dealt with it. At age 35, I got tested, because I wanted to get some Adderall to try out and possibly supplement my study habits. I also got blood tests and a prescription for Testosterone at the same time, lol!

I agree that this condition if managed properly (by training / not medicine) is an improvement. I had perfect A's all through school despite staying in trouble for challenging teachers, interfering in class and so on. I went to college on academic scholarships, and attained very high grades there as well. Ironically, I would have qualified for "learning disability" accomodations such as more time for tests, quiet/private settings, etc. Many college students take advantage of this diagnosis today, whether they need to or not!

None of what follows is meant for bragging at all. It is just some of the things I deal with, that I consider benefits, but parents and psychologists would consider "conditions."

I can carry on a seperate conversation with more than 5 people simultaneously. In public places I hear and remember the conversations of everyone around me without taking any focus off my group. It is fun to interject a comment on a bystanders conversation every now and then. I can tell you which couples in the restaurant are on first dates, casual affairs, first night out in awhile, breakups, etc., by their conversations. I can also tell you which waiters/waitresses are having good nights, bad nights, about to get off, just came in, about to quit, etc.

I can watch TV, listen to the Radio, and study or read at the same time, and still answer questions from my wife when she hollers them out.

I can play Chess with my brother at family events and win, even though I often walk away, hold other conversations, or watch football on TV at the same time, and he is an excellent Chess player. He doesn't lose often. The same goes for poker or card games.

I can compose things on this site, while reading other emails and talking on my phone at work, LOL!

My birthdate was a very significant date on the Mayan Calendar (I just learned that through this site a couple of weeks ago). I am an Aquarius! It appears my two sons are also going to be intelligent, hyperactive, and troublesome!

There were plenty of disadvantage. My mother had to force me not to quit things when I became disinterested. I have had many bad relationships for the same reason. It is very, very hard to focus on one thing, and therefore less enjoyable to go to a movie, or have an intimate one on one conversation. I was consistently in trouble at school because I was working on something totally unrelated to what the teacher was teaching, or I was not in my desk, or sometimes not in the room at all. I got away with these things because of my high grades, but stayed in trouble none the less. My metabolism was very high and it was impossible to put on any weight when I was younger, but I insisted on playing football and wrestling. As an adult, my stress level is high, and I have to continually find new creative outlets, or I start to sabotage the mundane aspects of being an adult (i.e. Job, Schedule, Honey-Do's).

Just my take, hope someone finds it useful to the topic at hand.

I do believe we are beginning the Age of Aquarius, and it is an enlightened age!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Yea I have to check out that book too. Makes sense.lol... I defentley feel like a hunter. Just like Eitimzevinten said. When I go shopping I know exactly what I what and I don't look for nothing else, UNLESS I'm trying to kill time.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

That was mean man. Now I feel like the Cavemen from the Geico commercial when they say "So easy a Caveman can do it"

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

I just think most of them students were kids with more extra special needs. I didn't go to the resource. In matter of fact I did but it was for Math thats all.lol

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join