It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those With ADHD Are the new race "Aquarian Children"?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

Def not just you haha. That when my vyvanse kicks in and I do the dishes, clean the sink, clean out the refrigerator, sweep the floor, make the kitchen beautiful....

Walk into the living room and........ o well screw it.....

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Karrotz

well yeah, i mean we didnt talk about vyvanse..

yes, I will make sure I do the best job of brushing my teeth then in that case lol

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Music is my DRUG! lol.... and I have a large imagination and I love to come up with my own theories.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

haha..

i had this theory one time while i was driving back home from school about memory loss and what would be the first to go, i hypothesized that it was time of day (like what time of day it was when you did something) went to my friends house, wrote it all down, then lost the piece of paper it was ON!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Classic ADHD kid w/o medicine move there LOL!!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I can see a very good correlation to a lot of the symptoms so far

I'd like to hear how close any non-ADD members relate to what's been talked about. Is it really a "symptom" or more of just a personality type?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Karrotz

I really doubt too many people think like us...

Thats why I really don't get along with 95% of the population in most circumstances, even though I could if I wanted to easily

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Yeah, I know there's 'triggers' and some of us have different issues. I go between hyper-focus and Kaleidoscope-focus (no focus, all things seem to meld together).

Like, my paper 'piles'. I don't file, I pile. On the off chance I do file something, it's usually the only piece of paper in the file cabinet and has the most outrageous label in it's perfect file folder, hanging it a perfect hanging file in the perfectly labeled file drawer.

Now that I think about it, it could be those times my RX's are changed up. hmmm...

I'm also on Vyvanse.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   

what do you get?

and yes, i might be the most unorganized person in the world, but i always know where I leave my stuff unless someone messes with it..

if your doctor is cool you should have no problem getting more than 70mg every month

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
This is like reading a diary I wrote. I have had all the same experience. I have never been diagnosed with it though. I am 32 now and can relate to all the posts above. I have had a battle with drugs since I was 17.

I left home and went to live (party) in the canary islands for 4 or 5 years came back home suffered a few bouts of depresion got prescribed ciprimil which in all honesty did help for a while, though the side effects far out numbered the benefits and I spent the next 18 months fighting to get of them.

I went travelling around Europe for 3 months and did my rip. I managed to get of them and stay of them ever since. I am like a nomad I never feel settled in one place. I am lucky to have a very patient partner for 10 years, who puts up with all my excentricity's.

I can't remember the amount of times people have told me how much of a wasted talent I am!!
I seem to be on an never ending quest searching for something yet I don't know what I am searching for. It's a bit of a no-brainer really. It's almost as If I make life as hard as possible for myself knowing that everything will sort itself out in the end. It always does.

Is it possible to have ADHD and not know it?

My brain is constantly thinking. Thinking about things that normal people just don't think about, when I try and engage people into conversation about these things the usual response is for there eyes to just glaze over and then carry on talking about the latest Britains got bloody talent episode.

I'm not a cleaner but when I do clean it is meticulous. I was so much of a perfectionist I had to change my ways to fit in. and went completley the other direction to not really giving a s*&t about anything. It's all about balance and I am a Libra after all.

There seems to be a whole world off ADHD'ers out there. I thought it was just me. 8-) Least I know I am not the only now. Thanks

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

LMAO the irony lol

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I'm on the 70mg. My dr. also gives me the short acting 20mg salt-combo, just in case I have something later in the day to take care of.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Or were you meaning, when you didn't have it?

If I don't have it, well you don't want to know me lol

Either I will be sleeping, or such a pissed off individual.. well Ill stop there..

Now that is prob due to a lot of things, unfortunately I believe its also due to me being hooked to amp. in some form or another

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Funklestiltzkin

go to a psychologist

tell him exactly what you just said

he will give you vyvanse.. if he doesnt.. well he isnt that smart.. then go to another..

trust me, you have it, you are the same person I am in some forms along with my new friends hahaha

funny how we just all came out of the woodwork right there

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Welcome to the family Funk!

I was just tellin GreenBic that I wanted to move. I love to travel and I like to see new things and I always want new experiences like skydivin, seeing the pyrimds and so fourth. You okay man dont let no one tell you different. Seems like you had a interesting life in a way from what I can tell and imagine just from what you wrote (with my ADHD powers)lol..

DOES ANYONE ever think about other periods in history and be so fascinated and could almost imagine yourself there, as if you were the once?....... May not be connected to ADD but I just had to ask.lol

[edit on 1-6-2009 by king Pop!p]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

yea, amp=coc aine in a pill, essentially...right? Close anyways...It can be addicting.

HAHA so according to the doctor, almost all ADD sufferers end up abusing drugs. Sooo, lets prescribe one of the most addictive substances to treat your disorder...

AH, as it was so eloquently put above this post: The Irony!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

by the way, once you get ahold of vyvanse..

you will come back on this thread and proclaim to be on top of everything you once thought you just couldnt put your finger on

it will be an awakening, i promise

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

It's quite possible you could have ADD. So many people go undiagnosed and often times turn into druggies. They tend to go toward the heavier street drugs, looking for that feeling of 'normalcy'.

Most adults who fall into this category, and are lucky enough to get a diagnosis, end up straight as an arrow after the right meds. They often quit cold-turkey (unusual for just about anyone to go 'cold-turkey) when they get the proper medication.

BTW, this doesn't normally happen to 'normal' people who abuse drugs. I suppose it has to do with the whole 'feeling normal' thing.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Karrotz

well thats why he wasnt going to give it to me at first..

but he knew i wanted to change my life around.. and i was serious

so the pro's outweigh the cons in this circumstance..

am i addicted it to it.. yes

is that a bad thing.. yes

can i achieve basically anything i want to now ... yes

is it worth it to me in the short term at least... hell yes..

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Wow, spot on. I hope they are taking notes!

I am so thankful for getting diagnosed, because I was on the path you just laid out. So yea, it's at least worth looking at if you think it's a possibility.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

I dont know about that.. but I dont feel too comfortable in one spot too long thats for god damn sure...

I dont like being around that many people either at one time (unless im in a club).. so im not sure what that means either.. i tend to rather be alone than socialize with a bunch of people who dont share my same exact interests

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join