It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those With ADHD Are the new race "Aquarian Children"?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Oh forgot,

I have a serious game addiction, that is healing right now. I have not been playing games that much recently than i used to before. Don't know why, but games don't feel that interesting anymore. Now i'm hooked in documents and information.

I have the feeling that if i could concentrate in one thing i could be the BEST in it.

What i love the most is planning things, but when it comes to make them happen i just dont have the interest to do it.

heh heh.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAUGHING-CAT
reply to post by Annee

Beauty, I know what you mean, my son absolutely struggled through school, for me it was a cakewalk, but I couldn't wait for it to end.

I've been tested as high as 165 IQ, but I do nothing with it, as nothing holds my interest for more than a few miutes, hours or if I really am enthralled, 36 hours.

You sound like my entire family as far back as I've been able to track them.

I refer to them as the "useless geniuses". Brilliant minds with no practical ability to apply it.

My brother was reading the newspaper at age 4. My mom tried to get him in a special school - - but this was in 1958. No regular private school would take him - - and there was no gifted school at the time where we lived. If anywhere.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gigliorononomicon
Please do not take this post personally, I am merely pointing out an observation of mine.

I seem to be having some trouble distinguishing ADHD/ADD with an imagination. I feel that it's only natural for a child to have an active imagination, and I can't see why they are classified as having a "disorder." Children are new to this world and are experiencing everything (which in this day and age is quite a lot of stimulus) for the first time. Of course it's hard to focus on schoolwork or whatever when there are so many things going on. It's common sense to me that a kid isn't going to want to sit patiently and silently in a classroom 5 days a week, not being aloud to talk to their friends that are sitting right next to them. Children are curious about the world around them and are constantly being bombarded by different stimulus which makes it very difficult to remain 100% focused on the task at hand.

Also, I feel that most people that claim to have ADD/ADHD seem to use it as another excuse for why they aren't performing to their fullest potential.

ALSO, is taking a pill really a good long-term solution for this? Shouldn't we be helping the children learn to concentrate on their own, rather than them having to depend on a medication.

Please remember, I mean no disrespect, I mean only to debate!

You cannot teach some one with ADD to concentrate.
You have a better chance of making some one breath with no lungs.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slapstick

You cannot teach some one with ADD to concentrate.
You have a better chance of making some one breath with no lungs.

True!

They can learn "tricks" and meditation techniques to help themselves - - but that's about it.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I was prescribed every drug under the sun just a few i can remember

ritalin/prozac/dexampthetamine/some crazy one from america that slow released throughout the day

I found they turned me into a ZOMBIE with no emotions at all,I could literally sit in a room and stare at the wall for hours on end, it was so strange when i talked to people i wasnt myself.

Needles to say i stopped taking the drugs told everybody i was but i wasnt i dont believe for one second the drugs help

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I guess that makes us useless geniuses, as opposed to useful idiots?
I wonder who got the crap end of the stick in this exchange.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Thats why i fear the drugs, but soon i have no other alternative. I quess i need to test them, if they alter my creativines and tought processes too much i will stop.

Meditation is very interesting, never done it.
One thing i have tried is to lay on the bed and think of nothing just close my eyes and concentrate on my breathing, when i do this i get this very strange almost orgasmic feeling of good. I get this strange tickling feeling in my body and i start to feel little light, then i get scared and stop lol, is this some sort of meditation? I do feel good afterwards. It's just very very very hard not to think anything. Is this meditation or should i think something???

Edit: also one more thing. I love music and arts, but with music i hear a good song and i cant stop listening it. I can play same song 20 times in a row before i go for the next. My friend dont understand that, neither do i heh heh.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by Cadio]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gigliorononomicon

Also, I feel that most people that claim to have ADD/ADHD seem to use it as another excuse for why they aren't performing to their fullest potential.

I do not agree, my life is such in a bad state that if i could change it with a fingersnap i would. I'm in a constant state of battle with my self. I suffer from depression and lack of self esteem and financial issues + my ex wife left me 3 years ago, cause he got enough of me.

Do you think that im lazy by choice?

I don't think so, but i understand your opinion, cause you do not live my life. So it would be very hard for you to know what i go through. MAybe someone could use it as an excuse, but i dont.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Cadio

Hang in there man, I too have periods where I become a total recluse it is is really hard for my friends and family to understand. Just don't let your sensitivity and depression get the best of you! live just for today and keep fighting.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Cadio

That is meditation. I sit in the traditional legs crossed position though. Focus on your posture, breathing and with your eyes close point you eyes at one directions like if your crossed eyed ( but not really crossed eye just like the center of your forehead) and look at the black space, breath, relax and slowly you'll start thinking of only one thing. From their? You got it. you'll get in the zone as if your floating in your mind, and you'll forget about your body in away. After this is done you'll be walking as if your floating and really feeling relaxed the whole day if done long enough. Do it for a few days straight, then you could do it every other day and then 2 x a week and you'll be relax for the whole week . Its incredible.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by king Pop!p]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Will try that, thanks for the encouragement. Also, i will start to meditate it's very interesting feeling and somehow purifying.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Cadio

Your welcome.Thats the best way to describe it though "Purifying". Also listen to some some sound scapes an you'll be good to go. I cant emphasize meditation enough because its so incredible. For some people its totally out of the norm but it is extraordinary! Good luck

[edit on 1-6-2009 by king Pop!p]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAUGHING-CAT
reply to post by Annee

I guess that makes us useless geniuses, as opposed to useful idiots?
I wonder who got the crap end of the stick in this exchange.

LOL
- well I like me - and I'm sure you like you.

I'm happy with that.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I will say this much. I and my friend in early grammar school levels were suspected to have ADHD. One took meds an therapy, I was left to my own. Today, to my great sadness, he drools and twitches. Me? I learned self control to my inability to control my thoughts and actions, and they became, more or less, my slave of my mind. It's like I have two or more people in my head, truly odd. While I never was diagnosed with ADHD, or any of that, It was mainly because I hid it in check ups (remember, there's barely any physical signs)

Today I can tell you how to build a warp engine. I can tell you how to build a time machine. I can think in three and four dimensions (some people tell me people can only think in 2 dimensions, but I can't comprehend that because I don't)

Please, ask away at me. I will tell you all that I notice. I'm really the bit of a freak. I notice that if I think hard enough, I can control my Iris muscles. I can think in ways that makes my friends give up, and I'm extremely adaptable. I can't explain it, and I don't intend to. But ask and ye shall receive.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by iamjesusphish

Yes, its very interesting how we all share something common..

I dont think its a coincidence that its drugs..

I dont wish to talk about that too much though b/c I dont want to get this thread shut down.. And I am not advocating anything illegal just so all mods know etc..

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

If you know how to build a time machine, if this is true, then what have you done about this knowledge?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I just had an AMAZING experience and scary too. I decided to meditate inspired by this thread. So i was laying quite long still and thinking this and that and felt the relaxing feeling.

Then i somehow lost my toughts cause there was this cloud type of thing, a black cloud that was swirling in increasing speed, so i was just looking at it.

You know sometimes when you close your eyes you see patterns, but in this case when i concentrated in the cloud layer and pondered about it. Now, when i was watching it increased its speed and there was more of a white part showing in it. Suddently my eyes started switching in increasing speed my whole body went in to paralyze and my hearth beat SKYROCKETED. I started to feel very scared, i heard some sort of beebing sound, kinda like in a heartbeat machine, but it was different, i felt like i was sucked into something i could not describe, then i just jumped up from my bed and it was gone.... after that i have felt strange relazing feeling all the time till now...

What the hell was that, is it part of meditation? Should i be scared or just go with it? Please advice..

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Cadio

I'm pretty sure you were close to having an out of body experience.

Well done.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Can it be dangrous in anyway? Can you PM me or tell me more about it please? I'm very interested.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
In my opinion not dangerous at all, maybe only dangerous to the mind e.g getting scared. But that is the trick to successful experience, have no fear, and you will have a beautiful experience.

By the way I hear a ringing sound when I'm close to leaving, I hear the ringing sound when I relax, but when close it's much louder and clearer.

One way of of many ways to have OBE.
www.everythingunderthemoon.net...

Forums
www.astralpulse.com...
www.saltcube.com...

[edit on 1-6-2009 by _Phoenix_]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join