It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The scripture that admits christ is an alien.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Ketzer22

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God
; trust also in me.
In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you.

I am going there to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you,

I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

You know the way to the place where I am going."

I will not leave you as orphans/comfortless

I will come to you.

Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

[edit on 103131p://bWednesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you.

thats reverse to other civilications in the universe

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
reply to post by Malcram

Well since we are just randomly throwing interpretations around...

Jesus could have meant "this world" to mean the land of Israel or the middle east, and his flying monkie people could have been from Africa. Since they were from Africa and they dont fly fast it could have been why they couldnt come to save him. Just saying.

You cant determine anything from taking one paragraph out of a huge book and making up a belief based on that.

Agreed, but that is why your supposed alternative explanations - flying monkey etc - don't work and the OPs does, because the 'ET" theory is not based on "one sentence", but many. For instance, your explanation regarding what Jesus could have meant by "his kingdom" are contradicted by the other statements attributed to him in the Gospels, whereas the OP's are not. Your position is based on a lack of knowledge of the Gospels (no offense meant, that's hardly an insult, is it? LOL). If you were to research this, you'd see that the ET theory is pretty solid, based on the evidence of the Gospels.

For instance, as I posted above, Jesus also said: "You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world." - John 8:23.

And so on. Taken all together, the evidence of the Gospels definitely amounts to the portrayal of Jesus as, in some manner, "extra terrestrial".

BTW, I don't hold the belief that Jesus was an ET. However, based on my knowledge of the Gospels, I can't deny that this is as valid an interpretation of the evidence as any other, and is actually very persuasive, taken on aggregate.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Malcram]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

It seems contradictory, but it only seems that way.

For instance. Satan, which people believe to be a horned red goat man, isn't that at all. He is the Adversary.

So, if we had a beef with each other, I would be satan to you, just as you would be satan to me. One will perceive they are right and the other wrong and visa versa. Both are true regardless of who is false.

Great Perspective!

This seems coherent with Relativity Theory, Super-consciousness, and philosophy's 'Existentialism'.

- Relativity due to the indexical (subjective) nature of the word "I".
- Super-consciousness since we humans are looking at ourselves.
- 'Existentialism' since one cannot exist without the other! i.e "Satan" and "God".

Amazing. Thank you. You have tied some complex ideas together for me.

Anyway, Hope to ttyl

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by agnain
Jesus Christ is a personification of the sun guys. he never existed.

You should watch this : video.google.com...

yeah zeitgeist and their section on religion is bogus ill informed and wrong. . . they all have mentions of dates we use today to celebrate tings and just so you know we picked those dates they have nothing to do with the actual history. . . im not going to argue for or against the ligitamacy of jesus but zeitgeist got it all wrong. . . as they also did with egyptian religous beliefs. . . December 25th is just another date but they talk about it like it actually was jesus' birthday. . . its garbage. . . the 9/11 portion is alot better but their understanding of religious practice is laughable

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

Ok I see your point about my flying monkey theory. Obviously you could make a case, and rightfully so, that Jesus saw himself as "alien" to this world. If the Bible is correct then in some ways he was "alien".

However, we both know the OP implies that he was an Alien as in UFO, from another planet, solar system, galaxy alien. There is no proof of that in the Bible. If you are going to imply that from what he said then you could also say someone with delusions of grandeur or every disenfrachised teenager is an "alien".

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
well if you guys want to get technical about the bible it says
ויען ישוע מלכותי איננה מן העולם הזה אם היתה מלכותי מן העולם הזה כי אז נלחמו לי משרתי לבלתי המסר ביד היהודים ועתה מלכותי איננה מפה׃
John 18:36

which can also be translated to say
"My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm."
or
My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
or
the literal translation
'My kingdom is not of this world; if my kingdom were of this world, my officers had struggled that I might not be delivered up to Jews; but now my kingdom is not from hence

now on the knowledge of the gospels. The gospel of john was not written by John himself it was at best written by a person who talked to john, so that quote (along with everything jesus said) may not be 100% right because it is comming at best 2nd or 3rd hand, once you get into translating everything then things can get whacky. like in
Judges 15:19 was translated wrong and Rock was translated into Jaw on accident so you have dutch painters painting pictures of samson getting water from a jaw bone.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

I think there is evidence of that, if you distill the details given in the gospels surrounding Jesus conception, birth and life, and strip them of their cultural and religious descriptions and interpretations. Almost as if compiling a police report, while going through the gospels, just noting the bare 'facts'. It's quite eye opening.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

It is just as likely that Jesus was the Son of God and it happened like it says in the Bible and that God is not an alien but the creator of the universe, as it is likely that Jesus was an alien. We have proof of neither other than some books people wrote and some peoples testimony, so it is really pointless to discuss. We might as well discuss the delusions of a schizophrenic, because there is really no proof they are wrong either. Maybe their delusions are real. Maybe, according to some on ATS, we have contact with interdimensional beings or we live in multiple parallel universes and the "schizophrenic" is really just an unfortunate being that got caught up in a universal mishap.

The point is once you start to break stuff down and just allow yourself to start making up things then really anything could have happened. So maybe we should free the criminally mentally ill, because in fact they are just unfortunate victims of physics gone bad.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Malcram

It is just as likely that Jesus was the Son of God and it happened like it says in the Bible and that God is not an alien but the creator of the universe, as it is likely that Jesus was an alien. We have proof of neither other than some books people wrote and some peoples testimony, so it is really pointless to discuss......

Maybe, but this is a discussion forum and it's the topic at hand, so we might as well. The points you made could just as well be applied to most videos that are posted here for discussion - all we have is some video's people made and some peoples testimony, how do we really know, it could be real, it might not be, etc. Your entire posts seems to be about the worthlessness of discussing the evidence as presented in the Gospels and the ways it can be interpreted. If that's how you feel then this thread ain't for you, seeing as that is the whole topic. I happen to think it's an interesting hypothesis.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram

reply to post by Malcram

It is just as likely that Jesus was the Son of God and it happened like it says in the Bible and that God is not an alien but the creator of the universe, as it is likely that Jesus was an alien. We have proof of neither other than some books people wrote and some peoples testimony, so it is really pointless to discuss......

Maybe, but this is a discussion forum and it's the topic at hand, so we might as well. You entire posts seems to be about the worthlessness of discussing the evidence as presented in the Gospels and the ways it can be interpreted. If that's how you feel then this thread ain't for you, seeing as that is the whole topic. I happen to think it's an interesting hypothesis.

I will give you that it is an interesting hypothesis, but the OP states it as fact. That is my only issue.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Jesus was from the pleiades and was higher in consciousness than us on earth. plain and simple

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Malcram

Jesus could have meant "this world" to mean the land of Israel or the middle east, and his flying monkie people could have been from Africa.

No I am sorry but once again you get no cookie. You are incorrect.
world does not imply israel anymore than ocean implies a stream.
He uses the term land to refer to immediate areas and regions quite often in the bible if he meant an area of land on earth he would have said so.

try again.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Great post! More and more I begin to think that the mystics of the Bible might be ET related.

If that be the case, what's up with the Rapture? Who would ascend with their physical bodies into heaven? The people who don't believe in life on other planets or the people on ATS who do? From what I hear the magic number is around 1400 people, that's about the size of the UFO population who truely believe. LOL

Maybe it's closer to 4400.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Any hypothesis that cites the use or presence of a single word or even phrase from the Bible is on tenuous ground at best.

In fact, if we were to make these types of arguements based on any ancient document other than the Bible, people would easily see the folly of it. Let us take a comparable ancient document such as Herodotus' Histories which record early Greek history through the Persian Wars. In this case, we have a known author writing about historical events largely known to have occured mostly as he wrote. Yet, his histories are full of readily apparent inaccuracies. Such as his cited number of men in Xerxes invasion army (2 million). What does this mean? To be short, it simply means that his estimate (or the estimate of someone who he placed great source faith in) was wrong. It doesn't mean that the event didn't occur or that there actually was 2 million ancients marching into Greece. It simply means a mistake of recorded facts.

Now simply because the Bible is the bible, it seems that folks want to suddenly apply all sorts of conclusions that aren't warranted by the sources. First, there are still some that insist that every word in the bible has a literal meaning; they will accept no possibility that perhaps in the hundred years or so between the event and its first being comitted to writing, that there may have been a few inaccuracies. I think these people are simply irrational and unrealistic. On the other hand are those, who have their skeptical desire to demolish all things based on faith, who want to discount the entire documentation as fabrication simply because there are some probable inaccuracies. I think these people are also irrational and unrealistic.

In my opinion the Bible is an ancient attempt to document certain historical events that for some contemporaries, and near-contemporaries, had an extraordinary experience. So what if the words may not be exactly what Jesus said, or something described exactly how he did it. It is the overall story they were attempting to describe here. Some of you may recall the story of George Washington and his father's cherry tree. Well that is an allagory that attempts to illustrate an apparent character trait of old George - his honesty when faced with tough consequences for telling the truth. It didn't happen, but it certainly doesn't mean George didn't exist or that he wasn't honest. This is a perfect example of what is called the oral tradition, common among illiterate people - which the great bulk of the ancient world was.

So where does this bring us? Well, first the idea that Jesus provides oral evidence of alien origin is simply not credible considering the source (Bible). Second, that folks arguing that Jesus never existed or that he is amalgum of nice qualities - an allagory himself - is equally far-fetched as certainly something stirred the original event witnesses enough that they actually got the story down in writing, despite thier meager origins and means [just sort of strikes me that something specail must have happened]. Finally, for all those that reject anything other than an absolute word by word interpretation, I believe that is nearly as equal a stretch.

I look at Jesus this way. He was a man of extraordinary talents, with a message unique to the world (in fact the antithesis of his world), and that surely something special must have happened. What exactly all that was I am not so sure. Yet my faith, or anyone's faith shouldn't really depend on words written in some ancient text. It should depend entirely on what you FEEL is right - in your heart and soul.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

reply to post by Malcram

Jesus could have meant "this world" to mean the land of Israel or the middle east, and his flying monkie people could have been from Africa.

No I am sorry but once again you get no cookie. You are incorrect.
world does not imply israel anymore than ocean implies a stream.
He uses the term land to refer to immediate areas and regions quite often in the bible if he meant an area of land on earth he would have said so.

try again.

Well you dont know what he meant anymore than anyone else, so no cookie for you either. You could take it literally and realize he meant his kingdom was heaven in the Biblical sense instead of being another part of the universe. But feel free to continue on with your alien delusions.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
Makes just as much sense as any other theory about him.

amen

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Well, Jesus couldn't have been an alien. An alien is from another place in space correct? Jesus was born from the Virgin Mary. Here on Earth. In a pasture.

God made the Universe. He is a living being.

Is He an alien?
I don't think so. Jesus was God in the flesh. Born on Earth

If God is alien, and we are made in God's image, wouldn't that make us alien? I guess.

So now we get to the point. Was Jesus an alien? I guess by those standards He is. And so are we. Be proud.

God Bless!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Jesus never existed its all part of a stupid book that brainwashes people that miracles happen to people when there is no god or in that fact jesus christ. wheres the hard proof that anything is true in the bible. i asked god many many times to smite me but how many times has he EVER smote me ummmmmmmmmm let me think it might be tough, ummm not one single time.

Jesus = The alligators in the sewers we think they are there but are they we dont know they are just a story with no proof ha ha

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by pizzle11
Jesus never existed its all part of a stupid book that brainwashes people that miracles happen to people when there is no god or in that fact jesus christ. wheres the hard proof that anything is true in the bible. i asked god many many times to smite me but how many times has he EVER smote me ummmmmmmmmm let me think it might be tough, ummm not one single time.

Jesus = The alligators in the sewers we think they are there but are they we dont know they are just a story with no proof ha ha

I have to admit I think it would be kinda cool if he did smite you when you asked. You would crap your pants... well right before you died from a good smoting.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

If he meant heaven in the way religion speaks of it then his servant helping him would not be a problem. Angels decended from heaven for certain events did they not? When it suited them, now in the bible and churches heaven is another realm a spiritual place that they can come and go from at will, but if that were the case and what he was referring to, then distance was not a problem. The only reason distance would be a problem is if they were back at his "kingdom" and that place was unreachable in a moments notice. Why? It would require a great deal of travel to get to help him if it is as I suggested...
Which is what he suggests when he says that they would help him if they could.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join