It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The scripture that admits christ is an alien.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
John 18:36

Jesus replied, “My kingdom is not from this world. If my kingdom were from this world, my servants would be fighting to keep me from being handed over to the Jewish authorities. But as it is, my kingdom is not from here.”

A list of versions

Churches will interpret this many ways to avoid what he is saying, but the truth is he is explaining that his "servants" are too far away to help him. If he was suggesting heaven in the sense that religion presents it, that would not be an issue.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by NephraTari]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Yep, resonates with me just fine and would explain why the process of intervention has been so slow!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This is an interesting passage.

It comes from the arrest of Jesus and his conversation with Pilate, Pilate asks Jesus if he is the King of the Jews. This in and of itself would have been enough to have Jesus executed by Rome.

But Jesus states that this is not his kingdom and he rules over another, which is interesting. Esoteric as it my seem, it is interesting none the less.

It is highly doubtful that this conversation ever took place. I don't think that any of the deciples ever were privy to what was spoken between Jesus and Pilate.

Proof that he was an alien? No, in those times being from a far away land was akin to being from another world. Hence why the Americas were deemed "The New World" I believe the same is being said here.

Remember there is a serious gap in the life of Jesus. The time when he ventured out into the wilderness does not appear in any modern version of the Holy Bible. It is possible that Jesus was talking about another kingdom which he was ruler of somewhere else.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Perhaps when Jesus was looking unto the heavens and asking "his father" for forgiveness of those who had done him wrong. He was actually looking at a spacecraft and asking? I mean... well I don;t know really what I mean....

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Makes just as much sense as any other theory about him.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This only works semantically if you accept that anything either spiritually or physically not of this world is "alien". By extension Father Christmas and the tooth fairy are also aliens.

Besides, I would be extremely surprised to learn that the Arameic language spoken by Jesus 2000 or so years ago included a word for "alien" or "extra-terrestrial" - and certainly not a word that meant the same thing we think of today.

LW

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneWeasel
This only works semantically if you accept that anything either spiritually or physically not of this world is "alien". By extension Father Christmas and the tooth fairy are also aliens.

Besides, I would be extremely surprised to learn that the Arameic language spoken by Jesus 2000 or so years ago included a word for "alien" or "extra-terrestrial" - and certainly not a word that meant the same thing we think of today.

LW

yes! If a time traveller went back into Jesus times today they wouldn't record it as "Some bloke came from the future today, it was quite unusual as he was wearing odd clothing" they'd freak out and say something like "A firey light came unto us, a demon of immense power stepped forward..."

Jesus may have been real, one thing is certain though NO ONE will ever know.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Jesus Christ is a personification of the sun guys. he never existed.

You should watch this : video.google.com...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
He's talking about a spiritual kingdom and not the mundane, worldly or secular 'kingdoms'. It's pretty easy to see ... spiritual. Sorry, but it doesn't say Christ is an alien.

Now if you could show that he was sired by Nephilim ... you'd have a discussion.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by agnain

Just because someone comes up with a theory does not make it so.
It is possible.. but as with all things it has yet to be proven.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Kingdom only refers to consciousness. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Yup we all are aliens.

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

But the antichrist has reigned since the ascension, that is why the road is narrow.

etext.virginia.edu...< br />
[edit on 093131p://bWednesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If he were truly talking about a spiritual kingdom, why couldn't the angels (his servants) just appear to save him?

In my opinion that is almost the nail in the coffin for Christianity (which is scary, as I grew up Catholic). Its not that I don't WANT to believe in God, I just can't will myself to blindly believe something as truth with no evidence.

Why wouldn't Jesus have said something along the lines of “My kingdom is Heaven. It is by my Father's will alone my servants don't come and take me away from the Jewish Authorities."

Its weird how he doesn't bring any of that to light, but just gives an answer as if he really were from another planet....

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
My personal opinion was that jesus was just a metaphor for what humanity can be. Loving everyone and everything for what it is. and the awsome healing with the mind powers he had.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22
reply to post by FlyersFan

If he were truly talking about a spiritual kingdom, why couldn't the angels (his servants) just appear to save him?

In my opinion that is almost the nail in the coffin for Christianity (which is scary, as I grew up Catholic). Its not that I don't WANT to believe in God, I just can't will myself to blindly believe something as truth with no evidence.

Why wouldn't Jesus have said something along the lines of “My kingdom is Heaven. It is by my Father's will alone my servants don't come and take me away from the Jewish Authorities."

Its weird how he doesn't bring any of that to light, but just gives an answer as if he really were from another planet....

The angels didn't appear to come save Him because he didn't want that, and that would have nullified the prophecy of Jesus Christ dieing in place for mankinds sins. He was strictly adhering to the plan that God sent his only Son to earth to die in place of us here on earth, so that we could have eternal life if we accept what He did for us. It's the beauty of Christianity

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Killah29
My personal opinion was that jesus was just a metaphor for what humanity can be. Loving everyone and everything for what it is. and the awsome healing with the mind powers he had.

What I don't understand is that some people say that Jesus never existed, yet there are other historical documents, not even religiously related, that tell of a man in His time period that did miraculous things as well. Also if you do research on Jewish customs and history of Jerusalem, the day that Jesus Christ died on the cross also tells of darkness and earthquakes etc and other phenomena occuring at that time, along the lines of the bible.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God
; trust also in me.
In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you.

I am going there to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you,

I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

You know the way to the place where I am going."

I will not leave you as orphans/comfortless

I will come to you.

Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

[edit on 103131p://bWednesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

If that were true then his servants are all in his head!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
If you go by what the bible says, then Jesus is an alien because he does not come from this planet. He came from the heavens above. Therefore=alien. Not earthly

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
You cannot look at the way of the world today and not think that something not of this world is about to happen.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join