It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did The Federal Government Just Declare War Against The People - H.R.2159

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Yes and the sad part is under what federal guidlines ?,I'm sure it will be so ambigious that it may pertain to any individual,and those supposed mountain folk who think they are going to be a threat ? one platoon of soldiers and a tank will wipe them off the map,don't kid yourself the agenda has been set,and be careful what you say on here,I know of 3 who work for"state department"
that I know do come in here,think we are like a few years too late

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Here, maybe this will help cheer some of us up? For those who believe we only sit here and bemoan the iniquities of a corrupt government, actions are being taken. Whether it works or not remains to be seen.

Stop bill H.R. 2159 and H.R. 2401!

This bill aims to strip "right wing extremists" of their 2nd amendment rights. Right wing extremists have been defined in the MIAC Report restoretherepublic.com... as veterans, advocates of the 2nd amendment, people opposed to the North American Union, "right to life" advocates, worshippers of Odin, and third party candidate supporters among others. H.R. 2159 gives the Attorny General of the US Eric Holder complete and sole discretion without due process to deny 2nd amendment rights to anyone deemed a "right wing extremist" whose definition is ever expanding. www.govtrack.us...

I just added H.R. 2401; No fly, No buy Act of 2009. This bill seeks to deny Americans 2nd amendment rights by linking the NICS background check system to anyone on the no fly list to deny their right to buy a firearm. People are put on the no fly list with no due process whatsoever and by extension will deny the 2nd amendment as well with no due process.
www.govtrack.us...

I hope anyone who signed on to this petition for 2159 feels the same for 2401. If not I will delete their name.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FreddyAuratus

that is kind of cool. you provided a LINK to the PETITION.

[edit on 013131p://31b5 by VampireZio]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Seems our Vampire might also be a troll. How clever.

Perhaps this thread could be salvaged if everyone would ignore the troll's retarded mentality.

As it stands, it looks like he's managed to convert a reasonable discussion into a rage match, and divert attention away from the issue and towards himself.

What a good little troll.

BTW, if anyone's interested in my opinion:

Look at the state of the Union. It can NEVER repay it's debts (and that was BEFORE THE bailouts). Crime is drifting to ridiculous levels. The morale of the people has never been lower. Because of the plethora of laws that have been slipped in here and there over the years to provide things like better working environments and socialized health care (it's already there folks: as far as I know, there are free clinics in every county in the country, not to mention medicaid and medicare). These laws make it very expensive to manufacture things here, so as soon as the industrial sector got it's chance, it high-tailed it to a lower-overhead environment, so now things are manufactured cheaply and sent here and sold for a huge profit.....on credit.

The point is, our nation is at a point of instability. It's been approaching for a while, but in recent years, it's become obvious that things cannot continue.

So. Put yourselves in a fine pair of ultra-wealthy shoes. If you have power, and you know you're about to lose it, what do you do if you want to keep it?

Create your enemy.

Take every negative aspect of the place in which you are about to lose power, and amplify it. Do you hear people complaining about losing constitutional rights? Take more away. Hear people complaining about their currency losing value? Drag it deeper into the mire. Hear complaints about wasteful government spending? Waste more. You get the idea.

Meanwhile, have folks that are already in your pocket that are in the business of fiction-mongering (that's everyone who's in the media) start to raise questions and criticize the gov't, and use this semi-trusted media to manipulate the people into joining a movement. A movement that you created. A movement that you will direct. A movement that you will guide into creating a new government. A government which you will have the privilege of writing the laws for. Lookie there. You're still in power.

Is any of this sounding familiar?

Be careful guys. Don't jump into this whole armed revolution thing. I really think its a trap.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreddyAuratus
Here, maybe this will help cheer some of us up? For those who believe we only sit here and bemoan the iniquities of a corrupt government, actions are being taken. Whether it works or not remains to be seen.

I have signed thank you for posting this.

Dax

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by littlebunny

The federal government no longer fears the people and they are showing their open blatant disrespect daily.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I am not sure I read this bill correctly.

Did anyone notice what I noticed...

That the discretion was entirely the decision of the Attorney General or who ever they designate.

Is there not a seperation of powers here in this country?

This seems more an administrative function going on in this bill with all the decisions being made by the Executive Branch under the Attorney General.

No Judicial branch involved here except by appeal and under Executive guidelines and that could be never.

When you have the Executive Branch carrying this out totally on thier own..you have Admiralty Maritime Law...or the law of the Sovereign...going on. This is called by another name in history..Feudalism.

A fiefdom or kingdom run totally by the executive branch and at their pleasure.

Admiralty Maritime Law is the Law of the Merchants and Sea Captains enroaching onto land.

Nonetheless...such Executive decision making is not seperation of powers meaning the Constitution is no more. This is the danger of Feudalism or Admiralty Maritime Law...United Nations Law or whatever name one wants to put on it. It is total Law by the Executive...is Feudalism.

Carried to the Extreme..it is absolute power ..is communism, is Divine Right of Kings. Is ....Royalty/Feudalism.

Something to think about as America is not based on a Feudal type government...nor Royalty.

Orangetom

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by endless_observer

The trouble is it only takes one troll in these threads to derail these discussions. Everybody just turns their attention to the troll, and reasonable discussion goes by the wayside. The wise thing to do is "don't feed the troll"

It can sometimes be difficult to define who is a troll and who isn't, but basically someone who reacts to a major event like civil liberties being taken away as "it's pretty cool" probably is a troll and does not deserve anybodies attention.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The weapon of the revolution will be flesh, not iron.

Americans have been desensitized so much that only few truly think for themselves anymore. I doubt any revolution would last longer than a few days. Any true threat to the infrastructure of the United States Government would be quelled in a short amount of time.

I do agree that its too late for anyone who wants to make change by means of force.

America loves to point the finger. The media perpetuates the false 'bad guy'.

The enemy is ourselves. And the first opponent you must always defeat is yourself.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

Actually this "troll" was saying its "cool" a link was posted for stopping the bill. Remember like guns "Freedom of speech" is also on the constitution.

Note: I edited that post plus this one to clerify that statement.

[edit on 013131p://31b5 by VampireZio]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theprimevoyager
The weapon of the revolution will be flesh, not iron.

Americans have been desensitized so much that only few truly think for themselves anymore. I doubt any revolution would last longer than a few days. Any true threat to the infrastructure of the United States Government would be quelled in a short amount of time.

I do agree that its too late for anyone who wants to make change by means of force.

America loves to point the finger. The media perpetuates the false 'bad guy'.

The enemy is ourselves. And the first opponent you must always defeat is yourself.

To quote a popular animated series " The enemy is within"

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
If you don't think this bill will be used against honest regular folks than you are sorely mistaken, even if it's just by incompetence. Just look at the no fly list where somehow little children are put on it and isolated from there parents and questioned.

Not to mention with this bill you are not innocent until proven guilty you are guilty of being a terrorist until you prove your not, and even then it looks like you still might not get your gun back. This is obviously nothing more than another power grab from a dieing beast, it's as if they are trying to force a reaction so they have a reason to clamp down on innocent people. I'm absolutely convinced at this point that there is going to some type of conflict unless the 2010 and 2012 elections completely go third party, and that's only if something bad doesn't happen by then.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by miraclerock]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I would definitely write to your reps about this. Take SOME sort of action. I think for every letter they get, they have to count it as a certain number of constituants...i know i am writing to mine. How do bills like this meant to strip citizens of their liberties even get introduced?

Every time i hear about a bill like this, i bug the crap out of my reps about it and then follow up.

maybe we should just start a thread to keep track of all the bills that any rational person would oppose. add these two plus the Blair Holt Firearm act and we have our list started.

make your voice heard. defend civil liberties. defend the constitution. you dont have to fire rounds to do it.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I think you are jumping to conclusions to fast with the civil war.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Baxtoriafall]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by littlebunny

ok, lets put this into perspective, why are you so worried that "they" will take your guns away? and who do you need to defend yourself against?? other people with guns? and if everything collapses what will you need them for? to shoot each other? cos i dont think theyd be any good against the government if they declared marshal law. im from the uk, and we have more problems with knives than guns, and i hope we never become like the u.s, where so called "freedom" allows any idiot to carry a firearm, and then go out shooting people if they choose to, cos its their right goddammit!!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Bush said it quiet right; "Either you are with us or..."
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Haunebu]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I have read posts within this thread that makes me extremely proud to be an American. I have read posts within this thread that gives me strength from our friends across the world who understand what is at stake. And I have read posts within this thread that reminds me of why we have fallen so far, and why the federal government no longer fears We The People.

This weekend I plan to post a video on Youtube and on other websites across the Internet. I don’t want to give to much away. But know this… I will do my level best to express the anger, fear and sadness this federal government has caused our nation over the last six months.

Let me make this clear however, this movement is not outrage or anger towards President Obama. This is about being fed up with the Federal Government as a whole, because they arrogantly believe they are the masters and we are their slaves. Over the last six months they have stolen anywhere from 6 to 9 trillion dollars worth of our money. And then they openly tell all Americans that we don’t have the right to know where our national treasure has gone. Federal Judges have told American citizens they don’t have the right to ask questions or demand answers from their elected Representatives. Federal Police Agencies have created secret documents and then arrogantly passed them around the country telling law enforcement agencies across the country that, Constitutionalists, Conservatives, Returning War Hero’s, Anti-Abortionists and many other law abiding citizens are in fact terrorists simply because of their political views. And now our Federal Representatives in Congress are attempting to pass a law giving the Federal Government the right to not only call any person they want a terrorists, but the unlimited power to strip that person of their Constitutional rights simply by the opinion of one person or one Federal Agency. By God No Damn More!

This weekend I will post a video expressing my anger towards this abusive Federal Government. They have gone to far. If you believe that as strongly as I do, then be ready to show them on the 4th of July. The only way this will become a national movement and for us to create change we know damn well we can believe in is by your help.

The time for action is now. The time for sitting down and swallowing even more crap the Federal Government as a whole keeps shoveling down our throats is over. The 4th of July will be the beginning of our new Independence day. But only if each of us are willing to take a stand.

I will be back on later tonight or tomorrow. Please let everyone you know this video is coming, and please forward a link of that video to everyone you know. The time for inaction is over!

Until Then, please keep telling everyone you know they must wake up. Show them H.R. 2159. Show them what our Federal Government now arrogantly displays as a terrorists. And then lets all plan to get together across the nation on July 4th, 2009. I want everyone to think… Tea Party Plus!

--Charles Marcello

[edit on 20-5-2009 by littlebunny]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

H.R. 2159 would increase public safety by permitting the Attorney General to deny the transfer of a firearm or the issuance of firearms or explosives licenses to a known or suspected dangerous terrorist.

Oh, I see, a "dangerous terrorist".

I'm sorry, but is there any other kind? Are they saying they'll let "friendly terrorists" buy guns? Or will they let "incompetent terrorists" buy explosives in the hopes they blow themselves up by accident?

The title of the bill shows how stupid the bill is. And if Congress is known for doing anything, it's known for voting in stupid bills to law.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This kind of stuff really makes me angry with america i used to be so proud to call my self a free american but i can feel the walls closing in around me. I look at the fed in disgust. A bunch of power hungry military weilding hypocrits with the combined IQ of a gall damn newt.

"You can have my guns. . . when you pry them from my cold dead fingers"

Viva La Resistance

[edit on 20-5-2009 by constantwonder]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Did anyone complain to their representatives when they rushed a bill through to donate trillions of dollars to corporate fatcats and insolvent banks? Yeah, we did. For some strange reason, they didn't listen, or didn't care. You know what? Call your reps, sign your petitions, make your videos, get up on your soapboxes. You know what that will change? Nothing. Instead you will be the right-wing extremist on the list.

Someone might argue that it will take more than a platoon to come to their farm and take their weapons away.

Some might argue that guns are for cowards and we don't need them anyway.

Arguing is pointless. Action through 'appropriate' channels is futile.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join