It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did The Federal Government Just Declare War Against The People - H.R.2159

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by littlebunny

Why is anyone suprised by this move? They are protecting themselves from US. They know they are dead men walking.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
i'm sorry... but i think everybody is completely overreacting. I can't see the government taking guns away from honest people that only want them for protection without a huge backlash. The way i look at it, the government is setting this up to disarm hate groups and whatnot. Maybe people who are known gang affiliates and have only had misdemeanors.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by WinoBot
i'm sorry... but i think everybody is completely overreacting. I can't see the government taking guns away from honest people that only want them for protection without a huge backlash. The way i look at it, the government is setting this up to disarm hate groups and whatnot. Maybe people who are known gang affiliates and have only had misdemeanors.

over-reacting. . . did you not see all the threads and posts concerning just who the government is labeling as potential problems? believe me it goes far beyond known hate groups and gang affiliates. . .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

video.google.com...#

video.google.com...

in my opinion id say people havent reacted to this enough

[edit on 20-5-2009 by constantwonder]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WinoBot

i agree, lots of fuss and "lets rally the people", "take the gun from my dead fingers", john wayne (god bless), macho bs.
some people just want to revolt for the sake of it.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by the main man
reply to post by WinoBot

i agree, lots of fuss and "lets rally the people", "take the gun from my dead fingers", john wayne (god bless), macho bs.

no some people want to revolt because we are losing our rights. . . i truely love all the shills that post things like that. . . hey while your at it why dont you speak poorley of the people who want the internet to remain free and unregulated, why dont you bash the right to life advocats, why dont you trounce the freedom of speech warriors, and just to make sure were covering all our bases why dont you belittle everyone who cares about their rights?

You have alot of nerve to talk down on those who love their freedoms (especially when your not even an AMERICAN) and it is rather sickening to know that people can just cast out of hand and belittle anyone who cares about something they are about to lose

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder

over-reacting. . . did you not see all the threads and posts concerning just who the government is labeling as potential problems?

i've read that initial report. it's completely cool with me. i have to admit that if somebody has affiliates with neo-nazi or militant groups, it doesn't matter if you are a vet. remember timothy mcveigh? that clown was a vet and he had mad guns. keeps me safer, but i guess that's because i reject the NWO theory so I don't really fear my elected officials. i do fear the actual NWO whom consist of Hogan and Nash... a real threat to America.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
i dont know why i even bother to talk about whats really happening. . . .

WATCH THE VIDEO

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

unless youre a suspected terrorist i dont think you have much to worry about, and i would worry if i were to lose the internet, as its something i use nearly every day, a gun on the other hand, is not. i can survive quite happily without one thankyou.
if ihad to hunt for my own food then i might need one. but we got supermarkets an stuff here and i find it much easier than chasing animals for tea.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
thats just it though they are calling anyone with an opinion that differs from theirs an extremist its wrong its unconstitutional and for some reason you just dont get it. . . i cant make you understand it so. . . i take my leave here

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

i think you called me a "shill", and infered that i "belittled" people, and that was just because i have a different opinion to you.
kettle-pot??

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

reply to post by WinoBot

no i said it because you said the above statement which is belittleing people who want to stand up for their rights no one wants to revolt for the sake of it . . . . and coming from one who isnt even an american thats rather brash

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Ive read part of the bill and theres several sections missing out of the bill itself my guess is someone or some group inside of congress by intent left out key sections of this bill. The best thing I can do is read over it again and check online to see if the other sections that are missing in this link are there.

The part that's quite disterbing in this bill is section t is where alot of the bill is surpose to be defined and its missing. Section T is not in the bill and in the first section of the bill is where it says to go to find out about the bill itself.

Congress and others there need to keep in mind ashcroft tried this also and you cant pass secret legislation in congress and you cant pass secret bill's. This bill having section t removed from it screams secret bill.

Falcon

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
For those who DON'T think this bill is aimed at normal law abiding citizens .. simply ask your self this:

Why do we need a bill prohibiting the sale of a weapon to a Terrorist, if at no time in recent history (or all known history) has there ever been a convicted Terrorist trying to buy a gun to use in part of his scheme?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WinoBot

That is still taking away a constitutional right! And what gets me about it is the fact that "They" are calling the shots. Who's to say every member of this site is not labelled "Terrorist"? Say this passes, I go out and try to get a gun and am denied because someone thinks I'm a potential threat to the government because of what I post on the interet.

No one knows how far they will take this. They may disarm only the genuinely "bad" people, or they may chose to disarm anyone who says a negative word against them. I, for one, do not want to find out. I prefer to retain my right to a firearm.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heatburger
reply to post by WinoBot

That is still taking away a constitutional right! And what gets me about it is the fact that "They" are calling the shots. Who's to say every member of this site is not labelled "Terrorist"? Say this passes, I go out and try to get a gun and am denied because someone thinks I'm a potential threat to the government because of what I post on the interet.

No one knows how far they will take this. They may disarm only the genuinely "bad" people, or they may chose to disarm anyone who says a negative word against them. I, for one, do not want to find out. I prefer to retain my right to a firearm.

well i guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. I for one believe this is grossly over exaggerated... either way it doesn't bother me.... i know if i want a gun i can get one cause i'm not a rightwing extremist. i dont' really think any of you are either.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

unless youre a suspected terrorist i dont think you have much to worry about

That's the problem. They've actually constructed a "terrorist" watch list, that even consists of animal rights activists, anti-abortionists, and even children to name a few! What's more disgusting is that they are taking away our rights as a whole HUMAN society by segregating us into labeled groups by ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, etc. and placing restrictions based on those groups. This is very effective because one person cannot identify with every group and so when one group is segregated, unless you're apart of them, you don't speak out because it doesn't affect you. Slowly your liberties are taken away from people around you until it's just you left, and by then there's no one left to stand with you against these atrocities!!

...and i would worry if i were to lose the internet, as its something i use nearly every day, a gun on the other hand, is not. i can survive quite happily without one thankyou.

Once again, since you're not segregated into the category of 'gun owner' this does not affect you and you couldn't care less. However, keep reading my friend, the internet is not far behind...

Rockefeller Declares War on Free Internet

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
do you have any opinions towards the government that are negative? if you do Wino then they could throw you in on the same g rounds as every single poster here on ATS so maybe you should care. . . . they are taking constitutional rights away and you say you dont care. . . . isnt that the biggest damn problem we have? the fact that no one cares is almost as disturbing as the crap they are trying to push over on us

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kevinquisitor

unless youre a suspected terrorist i dont think you have much to worry about

That's the problem. They've actually constructed a "terrorist" watch list, that even consists of animal rights activists, anti-abortionists, and even children to name a few! What's more disgusting is that they are taking away our rights as a whole HUMAN society by segregating us into labeled groups by ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, etc. and placing restrictions based on those groups. This is very effective because one person cannot identify with every group and so when one group is segregated, unless you're apart of them, you don't speak out because it doesn't affect you. Slowly your liberties are taken away from people around you until it's just you left, and by then there's no one left to stand with you against these atrocities!!

...and i would worry if i were to lose the internet, as its something i use nearly every day, a gun on the other hand, is not. i can survive quite happily without one thankyou.

Once again, since you're not segregated into the category of 'gun owner' this does not affect you and you couldn't care less. However, keep reading my friend, the internet is not far behind...

Rockefeller Declares War on Free Internet

hate to break it to you kev but some people justr dont get it and some do and just dont care they like their leashes and want to be led by them which is the biggest of the problems imo

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kevinquisitor

That's the problem. They've actually constructed a "terrorist" watch list, that even consists of

animal rights activists:

www.seattlepi.com...

www.cnn.com...

anti-abortionists,

www.alternet.org...

and even children to name a few!

i hate children

you spoke of segregation... i'm not too sure what you mean by that?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder
they are taking constitutional rights away and you say you dont care. . . . isnt that the biggest damn problem we have? the fact that no one cares is almost as disturbing as the crap they are trying to push over on us

you can't show me one example of this happening though. until you can i don't believe you.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join