It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did The Federal Government Just Declare War Against The People - H.R.2159

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+63 more 
posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I still don’t know if this NWO crowd actually exists. But what I do know is this new bill if passed will equal immediate civil war. If The Federal Government Deems You a Terrorists They Will Take Your Guns -- H.R.2159. This bill is outrageous! I can’t even begin to put it into words how angry this bill makes me. They create a list that calls almost all conservatives, combat veterans, anti-abortionist, and people who love the Constitution TERRORIST… And now this bill is introduced? WTF is going on!!?

After everything the federal government has done within the last six months. This bill, if passed, is nothing short of an ACT of WAR against the citizens of this country. I cannot believe this is going on. I’ve read this bill and I am shaking my head, while at the same time I feel like standing up and shaking my fists. This bill had better not pass. Not even in part, this had better fail miserably or be defeated soundly when a vote comes or I guaran-damn-tee there will be massive protests and worse. God I feel sick to my stomach over this blatant abuse or our rights, our Constitution, and our freedoms.

Any one of us can be labeled terrorists for any damn reason, and with this new bill, if passed, that is enough to take our freedoms and make us slaves to a government that is already completely out of control. This is an outrage!!!

We need to get the word out, tell everyone… If this doesn’t stop very soon I am afraid of what will happen come July 4th. The federal government no longer fears the people and they are showing their open blatant disrespect daily.

Stand up and be counted. Whether the New World Order is happening or not, matters not. It is a fact the federal government is hell bent on becoming our tyrannical masters. I will be damned and hell is coming with me!

Read that bill, and tell everyone you know the red coats are coming again. Get ready.

So help me I can’t believe I am saying this, but this is an act of war… There is no other way to look at this… Where am I wrong? Please some one, anyone, show me how these two things, the federal governments terrorists list, and this bill banning guns from anyone the federal government deems a terrorist. How is putting those two together wrong. Someone please help me out, calm me down, set me straight…. Does anyone else see this as an act of war, I mean is it? I’M FREAKEN OUT!

Read H.R.2159 Here!!!

--Charles Marcello

Please S&F lets make this front page here on ATS... People have got to know!

[edit on 19-5-2009 by littlebunny]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
they will declare anyone who steps out of the norm a terrorist and take their means of protection.

i cant believe things like this even get presented.

if this passes i could see conflict happening

[edit on 19-5-2009 by phi1618]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by littlebunny

The funniest part of this entire bill, is that the sponsor, Peter King, helped provide guns and weapons for the IRA!
Just Google Peter King IRA, and you'll see how he actively collected money for the IRA, stayed at IRA homes in Ireland, and drank at Pubs in Ireland with an IRA gang called the FELONS.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Its definately messed up. Ill have to look up more info on the bill though. The site link you gave only had a short summary. either that or my browser is messed up. But from what i read it definately sounds wrong. But i dunno i need more info. dammit! I woulnt start thinking civil unrest though. or at least hope it doesnt happen.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

I agree completely... What the hell are they thinking? What, do they really think everyone has the attention span of ten seconds, or the memory of a neophyte? I am reading this bill over and over and the more I do the angrier I get. I have already called six people and emailed many more about this. To those I have talked to, to a person they are like, No F'en way? And I'm like, dude...

I really don't know how to react... The best thing I can think of doing at the moment is come and talk to you all here and see how everyone else feels.

Is this it, the next shoe? I need to take a couple of deep breaths.

A buddy of mine just turned me on to this story... GPS Could Go Down As Early As 2010. He was wondering if everything that is happening if its absolutely connected. Perhaps there really is something to this whole NWO???

--Charles Marcello

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Well here's something supporters of the bill might ponder. What if most guns in the US are not registered. There are many millions of guns in the US. What if they actually got a million supporters for the bill and the supporters all told the truth that they had no guns. Then assume that the rest of the country was all armed. Suddenly the supporters of this bill are going up against over 250 million armed and angry Americans. If the supporters of this bill have any common sense, they would run and hide.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Calm down my friend. The Federal Government is a strange bedfellow.

I have faith in the American people and this will all work out in it's time.

There are some groups that do not have your best wishes in their hearts. They have a personal agenda that can do great harm to us and our country.

In my opinion it is these groups the Feds will use this new law on.

If it does work against the average citizen I believe you will see heroic efforts by many great men and women who will stop at nothing to ensure our freedoms.

There are a lot of folks out there that many think are just sheeple going through life with their eyes closed.

These quiet citizens do know what's going on and will take action if necessary.

At this time I believe it is wise to follow what your state is doing to protect your rights.

It is time now to fight law with law. If that does not work then other means will be taken.

If you freak out and get all excited it won't help anything. Get involved in what your state is doing.

Everything comes at the proper time.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
This is again crap legislation. But this crap is very dangerous.

www.govtrack.us...

items of key importance:

the opening sentence:

"suspected dangerous terrorist" now there is not a definition of this so it could be anyone.

Section 922A:

regarding a gun permit (or explosives I presume)

"transferee (or appropriately suspected)... and the Attorney General has a reasonable belief...transferee may use a firearm in connection with terrorism"

In other words if the Attorney General THINKS you are a terrorist, YOU ARE A TERRORIST..NO GUNS, NO WAY NO HOW

923(D)(1) 4H:

"Attorney General may deny a license application if the Attorney General determines the applicant( including responsible person) is known (or appropriately suspected)..." of terroristic activities.

Again if the A.G. THINKS something then it is true.

Section 923(d)(1) H:

In this section if you challenge the denial, and you go to court the Attorney General does not have to disclose why you were turned down, The Attorney General can claim that to give the reason might endanger National Security.

So the A.G. can do anything and not have to justify the actions.

This is really dangerous territory. If we get into this world we all can get screwed severely. No legal recourse, could equal dictatorship, or tyranny.

There are lots of legal B.S in the bill, but the bottom line is if the A.G. suspects you, you are then guilty and your rights to purchase firearms will be denied. So if everyone that uses ATS is "thought" to be borderline dangerous, then that is a good enough reason to deny you the purchase of a weapon in America.

Do not let anyone say this is not so, read the bill. The wording is such that even if you challenge the ruling in court, ( and that would be very expensive), the A.G. has an out to deny access to the reasoning, so therefore no decision to reverse the denial can be made.

You better send a note to your elected officials on this one, and it better be everyone you can get to raise the alarm. That is the only hopes of stopping this legislation. If the mainstream media does not run this story, it could be over before you know it. And the bet is no one will even know.

Thanks for the post and the information litttlebunny

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame

Calm down my friend. The Federal Government is a strange bedfellow.

I have faith in the American people and this will all work out in it's time.

There are some groups that do not have your best wishes in their hearts. They have a personal agenda that can do great harm to us and our country.

I have faith in most of the American people... There are so many that are sheeple as you said. They only care that they get their free whatever, and that more free stuff is coming. While those who work for everything they own, we are growing tired... and now scared!

In my opinion it is these groups the Feds will use this new law on.

If it does work against the average citizen I believe you will see heroic efforts by many great men and women who will stop at nothing to ensure our freedoms.

There are a lot of folks out there that many think are just sheeple going through life with their eyes closed.

There is NO "group" of people this law needs to be created for. There are countless laws on the books already preventing everything this enforced slavery bill will create. Except, the part in the bill where it gives the Federal Government the right to decide who is a threat.
I am anti-abortion, pro-Constitution, conservative, etc... My name is on that list and I have been begging people to calm down for years now. And I know others just like me who have been saying the same thing.
Yet now we, those who work hard, play hard, and just want to live in peace and with the knowledge my government works for me, instead, over the last six months every hard working American is being told every single day we are now nothing but slaves to this Federal Government... Our children are its' slaves and they aren't even old enough to have a voice!!! And now this ugly beast of a master is going after the only thing we have to protect ourselves and to keep them in check. Perhaps I need to calm down...

Or perhaps its time to get freaken pissed and say enough by god enough!

To Everyone On ATS ---

Tell Everyone You Know About That Bill... Tell Them!

These quiet citizens do know what's going on and will take action if necessary.

I have been that quite citizen for a long time, but now the Federal Government has gone to damn far! I have been quite for to damn long it appears… because now they are telling me I am their target, I am on their list. And with the passage of this bill they will come after all who they deem a terrorists.
They have a list and they are checking it twice... Damn right if they pass that bill I will be naughty to hell with nice! Calm down… Tell those bastards they damn well better not pass that bill, and then we can talk about calm down....

This is an outrage!!!

--Charles Marcello

[edit on 20-5-2009 by littlebunny]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
So where is this list at and who has access to it exactly? It's kinda hard not to sell weapons to suspected terrorists if you don't have a list now isn't it? So, anybody could be a suspected terrorist right? How is one to obey this so called law if they do not know who the so called terrorists are?

So basically every thing in the constitution has a law against it now. The new laws don't even really make sense. So apparently I can not abide by the law, because I have no idea what the law is anymore....But I digress, this is anarchy....come and get it.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
i]reply to post by Wolfpack 51

You are exactly RIGHT Wolfpack 51... EXACTLY RIGHT!

This is scary as hell... People if you go to the threads I have created about this coming civil war you will see I am not the type of person who has said this stuff before. I have begged others to calm down, things aren't that bad I said. Well this is just one vote away from as bad as it gets. You need to be very afraid, very afraid! This is extremely dangerous. King Richard and his ilk tried this very same thing just before our last fight for independence from a tyrannical government.

This bill must die a horrible, LOUD, Death! And then… maybe… I can go back to calm down people things aren't that bad...

Well they are bad... almost as bad as it gets. Stand up and lets defeat this bill!

--Charles Marcello

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

They are doing this for our own protection. After all, they know better than we do. Embrace the new reich.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk

They are doing this for our own protection. After all, they know better than we do. Embrace the new reich.

Oh I will embrace it alright... From my cold dead fingers! BY GOD!

From My Cold Dead Fingers!!!

--Charles Marcello

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Ive written both my federal representatives and my state representatives in hopes that will start the ball rolling.

I will also send posts to the media outlets and the local radio outlet talk shows in hopes it gets some attention.

This is not a time to let others do the work. This type of legislation will lay down the ground work for much worse and restrictive laws to strip us of our constitutional rights.

We will need to flood the e-mail systems of the government and the phone systems to get their attention. Its happened in our recent past. What will be needed is awareness to the mass American audience. Unfortunately ATS is not a large enough venue to do this. But if enough of us ATSers start sounding the horn we might reach someone who can make it go farther.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfpack 51

I Agree with you again Wolfpack 51. I will be calling first thing in the morning. I will be writing letters and sending them out tomorrow to everyone of my Congressmen and women.

Then I will be calling my governor. I live in Oregon and Oregon aint on the bandwagon with the other states. I might have to move very soon!

Never in my life did I think I would see the day... I know others said it was coming... But never in my life, how very sad today is.

I don't think I have ever felt this low about my country before. I don't cry, I almost never cry, hell until tonight I don't even remember the last time I felt like crying. I really feel like crying... I truly do!

--Charles Marcello

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
H.R.2159

April 29, 2009
Mr. KING of New York (for himself, Mr. RANGEL, Mr. CASTLE, Mrs. MCCARTHY of New York, Mr. KIRK, Mr. MORAN of Virginia, and Mr. SMITH of New Jersey) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A BILL
To increase public safety by permitting the Attorney General to deny the transfer of a firearm or the issuance of firearms or explosives licenses to a known or suspected dangerous terrorist.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the `Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act of 2009'.

SEC. 2. GRANTING THE ATTORNEY GENERAL THE AUTHORITY TO DENY THE SALE, DELIVERY, OR TRANSFER OF A FIREARM OR THE ISSUANCE OF A FIREARMS OR EXPLOSIVES LICENSE OR PERMIT TO DANGEROUS TERRORISTS.

(a) Standard for Exercising Attorney General Discretion Regarding Transferring Firearms or Issuing Firearms Permits to Dangerous Terrorists- Chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, is amended--

(1) by inserting the following new section after section 922:

`Sec. 922A. Attorney General's discretion to deny transfer of a firearm

`The Attorney General may deny the transfer of a firearm pursuant to section 922(t)(1)(B)(ii) if the Attorney General determines that the transferee is known (or appropriately suspected) to be or have been engaged in conduct constituting, in preparation for, in aid of, or related to terrorism, or providing material support thereof, and the Attorney General has a reasonable belief that the prospective transferee may use a firearm in connection with terrorism.';

(2) by inserting the following new section after section 922A:

`Sec. 922B. Attorney General's discretion regarding applicants for firearm permits which would qualify for the exemption provided under section 922(t)(3)

`The Attorney General may determine that an applicant for a firearm permit which would qualify for an exemption under section 922(t) is known (or appropriately suspected) to be or have been engaged in conduct constituting, in preparation for, in aid of, or related to terrorism, or providing material support thereof, and the Attorney General has a reasonable belief that the applicant may use a firearm in connection with terrorism.'; and

(3) in section 921(a), by adding at the end the following:

`(36) The term `terrorism' means `international terrorism' as defined in section 2331(1), and `domestic terrorism' as defined in section 2331(5).

`(37) The term `material support' means `material support or resources' within the meaning of section 2339A or 2339B.

`(38) The term `responsible person' means an individual who has the power, directly or indirectly, to direct or cause the direction of the management and policies of the applicant or licensee pertaining to firearms.'.

(b) Effect of Attorney General Discretionary Denial Through the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) on Firearms Permits- Section 922(t) of such title is amended--

(1) in paragraph (1)(B)(ii), by inserting `or State law, or that the Attorney General has determined to deny the transfer of a firearm pursuant to section 922A' before the semicolon;

(2) in paragraph (2), by inserting after `or State law' the following: `or if the Attorney General has not determined to deny the transfer of a firearm pursuant to section 922A';

(3) in paragraph (3)(A)(i)--

(A) by striking `and' at the end of subclause (I); and

(B) by adding at the end the following:

`(III) was issued after a check of the system established pursuant to paragraph (1);';

(4) in paragraph (3)(A)--

(A) by adding `and' at the end of clause (ii); and

(B) by adding after and below the end the following:

`(iii) the State issuing the permit agrees to deny the permit application if such other person is the subject of a determination by the Attorney General pursuant to section 922B;';

(5) in paragraph (4), by inserting after `or State law,' the following: `or if the Attorney General has not determined to deny the transfer of a firearm pursuant to section 922A,'; and

(6) in paragraph (5), by inserting after `or State law,' the following: `or if the Attorney General has determined to deny the transfer of a firearm pursuant to section 922A,'.

(c) Unlawful Sale or Disposition of Firearm Based on Attorney General Discretionary Denial- Section 922(d) of such title is amended--

(1) by striking `or' at the end of paragraph (8);

(2) by striking the period at the end of paragraph (9) and inserting `; or';

(3) by inserting after paragraph (9) the following:

`(10) has been the subject of a determination by the Attorney General pursuant to section 922A, 922B, 923(d)(1)(H), or 923(e) of this title.'.

(d) Attorney General Discretionary Denial as Prohibitor- Section 922(g) of such title is amended--

(1) by striking `or' at the end of paragraph (8);

(2) by striking the comma at the end of paragraph (9) and inserting; `; or'; and

(3) by inserting after paragraph (9) the following:

`(10) who has received actual notice of the Attorney General's determination made pursuant to section 922A, 922B, 923(d)(1)(H), or 923(e) of this title.'.

(e) Attorney General Discretionary Denial of Federal Firearms Licenses- Section 923(d)(1) of such title is amended--

(1) by striking `Any' and inserting `Except as provided in subparagraph (H), any';

(2) in subparagraph (F)(iii), by striking `and' at the end;

(3) in subparagraph (G), by striking the period and inserting `; and'; and

(4) by adding at the end the following:

`(H) The Attorney General may deny a license application if the Attorney General determines that the applicant (including any responsible person) is known (or appropriately suspected) to be or have been engaged in conduct constituting, in preparation for, in aid of, or related to terrorism, or providing material support thereof, and the Attorney General has a reasonable belief that the applicant may use a firearm in connection with terrorism.'.

Read The Rest Of It H E R E ! ! !

--Charles Marcello

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Been a lurker @ ATS for a long time now and never felt the need to rely to any posts exept this one.

Sure glad im not American, have read H.R.2159 and basically its good night to your freedom of speach and the lifestyle you probably enjoy now.

Posting on a off beat (non mainstream) forum, telling everyone how upset you are, stomping you feet and saying "its just not right!" is all well and good but seriously what are you loyal patriot Americans going to do about this bill ? Im sure there must be a legal angle that can contest the bill before it is passed, how about a class action, petition, anything, Dont just lay there and cop it.

Now is the time for Amerricans to unite and grow some gonads, stand up for your rights You know your rights? they were laid down by your fore fathers to protect you from things like this.

I hope America you do put your hand up but unfortunatly I really dont think it will happen, seems like too many folk here only want to bang off about what is wrong and dont get off their A@!# to do something about the problem.

I expect to see a lot of "told you so " statements from the armchair rebels after this bill is pased.

You were warned !

Information is a great thing, acting on the information to avert termoil is a better thing

[edit on 20-5-2009 by dontbealala]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
This will throw another part of our bill of rights out the window!

What happened till innocent until proven guilty?!

This is an attack on every citizen of the US.

and they can take my guns from my cold dead hands!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Have you notice latley the constant barage of bills meant to remove the the guns or more to the point , our rights. I know it was bad last 8 years and really since around 1863 mesa thinks, and just getting worse. But these last few months have been insane.
It seems like every week there is another law introduced to limit us a little more.
I sugest like all before me to tell everyone. Im calling talk radio for the first time today.
Also have your backpacks and survival geer checked and ready. Im setting the tent up today in the backyard for a week just to test eveything !

s&f

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
EVERYONE!!!! AND I REPEAT EVERYONE!!! MUST TELL ALL THEIR FRIENDS AND FAMILY ABOUT THIS, YOU MUST MAKE THIS YOUR FACEBOOK STATUS, AND SEND OUT AN E-MAIL TO FAMILY AND FRIENDS. AND DON'T FORGET TO TIE THIS BILL TO THE HOMELAND SECURITY DOC. FROM A FEW WEEKS BACK. THAT BASICALLY STATES THAT THE MAJORITY OF AMERICANS ARE TERRORISTS. OUR GOV. HAS BEEN SHAVING AWAY OUR RIGHTS DAY BY DAY FOR YEARS. ITS TIME TO INFORM THE POPULUS AND PUT THE FEAR BACK INTO CONGRESS AND D.C. IN GENERAL. IF THIS BILL PASS IT WILL BE OUR FAULT FOR NOT CAMPAIGNING AGAINST IT.

I BEG ALL OF YOU TO TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS INSANITY. I WOULD LIKE MY KIDS TO GROW UP IN THE SAME UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ONE DAY.

THE ISSUE OF RETAKING OUR COUNTRY FALLS SQUARLLY ON OUR SHOULDERS.

DON'T DROP THE BALL!!! OUR COUNTRYS FUTURE DEPENDS ON OUR ATTENTIVENESS

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join