It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did The Federal Government Just Declare War Against The People - H.R.2159

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It's not going to happen. The fed already knows that Civil War and all hell would break loose if they did this. They're not going to do this in the midst of a financial crisis. They don't have the forces to take on several million Branch-Davidian type scenarios anyways. I think everyone keeps forgetting half of our military is still overseas. When you start seeing our boys come home in record numbers in a short amount of time, that's the time you need to start worrying.

Let me just say this: I am acquainted with a few "Appalachian men." These aren't hillbillies that just have shotguns and sit on their porch spittin' chew all day. These men are well trained and their firepower is unknown to the U.S. government. Hell, a lot of them are former U.S. Military personnel and know the tactics. Passing this bill is considered the firing of the first shot. Retaliation will ensue and Civil War 2009 will start...now is not the time though.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
You have to hand it to our two party crime family in Washington they are smart. The way they use the news to divert our attention from the continual theft of our rights and wealth is borderline genius. Right now our government has us all focused on torture, Nancy Pelosi, & Obama speaking at Notre Dame. Meanwhile through the back door they are trying to pass a bill called Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act of 2009.

On the name of the bill alone it seems like a straight forward common sense bill. However when you read into it a little you’ll start to see that it really is a remake of the Patriot Act to get rid of the 2nd Amendment. Evidently getting rid of the 1st, 4th, and 5th Amendments through the Patriot Act was not enough the cabal now wants the 2nd Amendment gone. But tjeffersonsghost, it says they just want to keep guns out of the hands of terrorists so what’s the big deal? The big deal is just like the Patriot Act they don’t define “terrorist” and as we have seen over the past year and in my video seen here
www.youtube.com... the government has had no qualms about labeling ANYONE with a hint of dissension from the status quo a terrorist. We have seen nuns labeled as terrorists, Ron Paul supporters, pro life supporters, environmentalists, journalists, pro gun supporters, and on and on.

By labeling someone a terrorist the government has had the ability to wipe out their rights given under the constitution and don’t think for a minute the same tactics used under the Patriot Act will not be used under this new act. Any American historian understands that the 2nd Amendment was put in place for the specific reason of keeping a tyrannical government in check. It has nothing to do with having a right to have hunting weapons. Hunting was a means for survival and was essential for that purpose. An armed populace is always a threat to an authoritarian government who wants to enable the slave state.

People we CANNOT continue to give up our rights for security. If we continue down this road we will have neither rights nor security and America as it was founded will no longer exist. This bill has a lot of support and if enacted this will be the nail in the coffin of the America we once knew and loved. I sent my representatives faxes telling them not to support this bill and to repeal the Patriot Act. We have to stop this madness and it needs to stop right now. I’m still waiting for this change we can believe in.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

Let us hope enough people speak out to their politicians and this obsurd legislation does not get passed.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Your kidding right? oil fields in Saudi effects me because I have to pay more to fuel my car. Guns, on the other hand do not since I don't own a weapon. Guns are for cowards, you want to fight? come at me with a knife or your fist.

~Peace.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ImzadiDax

Maybe but I have been alive for 25 years now and the united states in my eyes is still the same as it ever was, yea there are different laws and policies involving privacy..but its going to happen sooner or later, if you want to keep your fancy guns and keep your privacy develop a way to destroy all technology so we may live in caves again.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 2 cents

Those whom will be moving into camps will be the ones that used to be holding the guns, those that remain silent such as myself will be able to slip away from the madness while you and your kind rot. Have a pleasant day.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by VampireZio
I have read H.R. 2159 twice here with an opened mind...

Yes I do agree it infringes upon freedoms and will probably tick some people off, but what you have to read is that the bill does a criminal back ground check. SO this means less weapons out there in the general public held by criminals or anyone associated with crimes. Giving the " Freedom fighters" against a possible "NWO" less to worry about.

So you believe that criminals get their weapons by legal means? Um... I am astounded, to say the least...

But methinks there are many, many people out there that hold the same misconception.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

I can't be held responsible for the life choices you have made, that was your path not mine. And I doubt someone that made fake id cards will be high on the "terroists" priority list, they will be looking at hard core criminals ya know the ones that went to prision for killing small children? or the serial killers, are you telling me you want them toting guns if and when the United states collapses?

You need to think more before lashing out..

~ Peace.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DisgustedOne

Wrong, never said that. Then again I'm sure ex-criminals could probably obtain weapons through legal channels. Nice try, but twisting my words won't help you win any arguments.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Ok to all those that disagree with how " I " run my life let me ask you this, are you going out there making a difference? are you fighting the bill? are you going to march up to the white house ( lets say tonight ) with your friends holding weapons to fight it?

If the answer is yes, here is my screen name of AIM ( Vampirezio ) contact me when the revolution starts and maybe Ill help out in some way. But if the answer is no then stop complaining on my views of this " conspiracy"

The bill might be real but the after effects and theories may not be.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

reply to post by 2 cents

Those whom will be moving into camps will be the ones that used to be holding the guns, those that remain silent such as myself will be able to slip away from the madness while you and your kind rot. Have a pleasant day.

I'm sorry, is this before or after they spot you on FLIR running away? I doubt you can run faster than than a Hellfire

Seriously - what is your problem? Please DO go away on your own and seclude yourself when your fellow man might need you. What a joke.

This bill is a travesty; I fear some people are missing WHY it is so bad. Yea, sure the NCIS system will be used, but it will now be LINKED to the terrorist list so even IF you are not a criminal a new variable is at play - the list. And what defines a "terrorist" to be added to that list is up to ERIC HOLDER the AG. How smart..

[edit on 20-5-2009 by ACEMANN]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ACEMANN

Actually I don't have a problem, I left my opionion on this forum stating what I thought of the bill, not my fault some people decide to bash me for my beliefs.

I don't see how being paranoid over something is going to solve the problem. I agree I can not run faster than a hellfire, but instead of bashing a comment about how I wont help my fellow man, let me ask you something. What are you doing to prevent this? besides sitting at your computer?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Wrong, never said that. Then again I'm sure ex-criminals could probably obtain weapons through legal channels. Nice try, but twisting my words won't help you win any arguments.

Not trying to argue or twist your words, just trying to understand your point of view. Your post that I replied to does seem to indicate that you believe that this bill will help keep weapons out of the hands of criminals. Criminal background checks are already in place and need no clarification. The fact is, if I am a criminal, and I want a gun, I can get one. Period. Therefore this piece of legislation is unnecessary and can be used to infringe upon the rights of law abiding citizens.

As far as what I will do to combat this crap legislation, I will do what every concerned citizen should do: go through proper channels and contact my representative and senators and voice my opposition. I am under no delusions to believe that my opposition will sway the trashing of this bill, but I will do my part because it is my obligation as a citizen.

And even though no one has asked, I will mention that I am a USN veteran, I own weapons, I visit and post on ATS and I am most likely on their "list" of potential terrorists. Ain't skeered...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I totally agree that this is an OUTRAGE! I do not own a gun but my husband does becuase he is in law enforcement. I think the government knows that they are losing control of the American people, that we have caught on to their lies and deceet. They are trying everything they can to instill fear back in everyone to gain control back.

Like a terrorist really cares if they take their guns, they will just do what a lot of convicted felons do and get more on the black market. Those that really wish to do harm find a way regardless. This is just another way to hurt the American people and strike fear in any Americans for standing up for what is right. I believe people will soon see what the Obama administration is really all about and there will be alot of unhappy people!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

and you shouldn't be scared, neither am I.

I don't think this bill is going to be as big of an issue as its being made out to be.

Tell you what give me information on who to contact and Ill send a letter to help you guys out. If it turns out you where right I guess it wouldn't matter. You can Private Message me with the details.

~ Peace.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
As outrageous as this sounds its pretty mild. 'Those with suspected ties to terrorist orgs'.

I myself am more worried about DHS(department of homeland security).
With such works as 'The Domestic Terrorist Lexicon'(even though recalled)

If something like this was actually upheld then anyone with a different view would be considered a terrorist.

These are the people in washington not to be trusted.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

if you want to keep your fancy guns and keep your privacy develop a way to destroy all technology so we may live in caves again.

I have posted a couple of times about the gun issue....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But I will say it again. I dont like guns, for my own personal reasons. However

However I will fight for your right to keep them. Its a constitutional right which should not be taken away from the average law abiding citizen.

Ok to all those that disagree with how " I " run my life let me ask you this, are you going out there making a difference? are you fighting the bill?

I wasnt disagreeing with how you 'run your life' I was just pointing to history to show what waiting has done in the past is all. No offense intended. As for what I am doing... I am writing My congressmen and senators. I am trying to do my part.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I wonder if fed.gov has any idea how many "toys" were mothballed after 1968?

So many "toys" that came back from the battlefields of WWII.

So many "toys" waiting for the right time to come out and play.

And 1,225,980+ guns bought by law-abiding Americans in April 2009 after additional record breaking months since November. People must be planning on doing a lot of duck hunting, cuz that's what the 2a is all about right?

If this passes there will be less "clinging" and more "using".

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ImzadiDax

I like this answer better than the previous one you posted. Thank you.
again if you want me to get involved I will support your cause not because I want people to keep there guns, but you all have convinced me it is the right thing to do even if I don't agree with the reasoning.

So where do I find these people to write a complaint to?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Step one is to start voting these knuckle heads who think up these bills OUT of office. Were never going to get any change if we keep re-treading all the same old players from the last 50 years of D.C. political systems. Our government is like a re-treaded tire same tread pattern different wear pattern same result after the blow out.
Rage Against the Machine has a song "know your enemy" Everyone should listen to that song cause we all are about to see whats coming!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join