It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Put your Crosses Up Fight the Evil. +

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Remember you don't always have to buy a cross make one aswell be creative.

The devil played mind tricks on the lower beings be it some Angels and the first humans, that created God's perfect order to come unstuck, that is why the Angel Michael decided to do some fighting and a 3rd of the Stars fell-Angels. It is possible that the tree of knowledge not only broke the law on earth but in heaven too. God is so vast and has so many mantions and extra plans that this is just a phase of the greatness yet to come. All this will make everything else seem worthwhile, the greater good will win and Christ will not just be king but the king of kings through the eternities of eternities-what ever eternities means.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by The time lord]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It always floors me when Christians think that they are the greater good in every situation. I consider myself a much more accepting and moral person than your average christian. I do good things out of the goodness of my heart, not to appease some god or for fear of hell.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

and Christ will not just be king but the king of kings through the eternities of eternities-what ever eternities means.

These are some pretty high ambitions for the 'righteous' one...

Wonder if he would settle for being the Court Jester..?

O wait, he already is...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/66086893dd40.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
No, Chirst will make people like Christ so everything the Devil has to offer today won't compare, the 144,000 and the multitudes will have their own kingdoms and those kingdoms will be ruled by the King of Kings.

I would not say me or Christians that I know or think they have solutions to the worls problems, it's an individual task starting from within. Many Christian don't go to Church anyway, the Church is the people not the building. This thread is just a pointer for those who feel they are at odds with experiences with mysterious beings or spirit beings that effect them, its also good to have a cross as a preventing device when you feel in danger. But I don't expect people to believe it but those that do will know where I am comming from.

I feel am not attracting the ATS members whoneed to know this thread but the ones who don't care and are sceptics, its quite sad that this information is not being seen by the right people who feel no other way out of their troubles who have had real experiences.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I hope that people do not start holding crosses up in front of the television when the History Channel releases the discovery they are working on.

It might challenge your most deep rooted beliefs, but holding up a wooden cross is not going to change it. Sometimes we have to come face to face with things that challenge us. It is not "Satan" that causes it and a cross does not prevent it.

Unless of course the History channel opens up a dimensional portal to hell and demons start flooding out of it. Then I will start holding up a cross in front of my T.V. and strapping AK mags to my chest for a IRL doom adventure.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
If you type Bedroom in the ATS search engine see how many encouters people have had and yet they have no religious knowledge, faith or strategy to counter it out. It does not take much to do so, but if it continues stay pure as a person for a while it also helps if you seem to have weak areas in your life that seem sinful.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I am not saying be scared of everything but if people have come to ATS for some help then I think my advice helps. If it may ward off evil spirits and energies or it helps send a reminder of faith or a confirmation when crosses are seen as a mirror of faith which resonates the power of faith like and endless hall of mirrors.

What is worrying is the need for people to go to court because a Hot Cross bun offends them. Yes even a Hot Cross bun.

Institutions and even the laws of the country have been put to the test when it comes to crosses. It happened in Italy when a Muslim complained that his son had a cross in the class room he was in. Yes Italy is very catholic does not mean you have to band the whole culture and country over it. There have even been absurd complaints that your head stone when you die should not be a cross and they should be banned by the next generation because this one foreigner gets offended. It’s not an offence but a conquest of the Church and Christianity, to put it to the test and allowing systems of belief that will not tolerate other faiths. This opens doors to further ban the power of Christianity into a more Satanic looking system and there are many waiting to spout, but Christianity keeps a lid on it even under democracy as one has the power of the Spirit at work over the democracies that keep everything open to all.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
I am not saying be scared of everything but if people have come to ATS for some help then I think my advice helps. If it may ward off evil spirits and energies or it helps send a reminder of faith or a confirmation when crosses are seen as a mirror of faith which resonates the power of faith like and endless hall of mirrors.

Do you agree that the cross (and other Christian symbols) aren't the only way for people to "ward off evil spirits and energies"? Do you think 'your' way is the only way, or do you think people should do whatever they can to do that, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone?

What is worrying is the need for people to go to court because a Hot Cross bun offends them. Yes even a Hot Cross bun.

Really? That sounds pretty ridiculous. Anyone who does this is not rational at all.

Institutions and even the laws of the country have been put to the test when it comes to crosses. It happened in Italy when a Muslim complained that his son had a cross in the class room he was in. Yes Italy is very catholic does not mean you have to band the whole culture and country over it. There have even been absurd complaints that your head stone when you die should not be a cross and they should be banned by the next generation because this one foreigner gets offended. It’s not an offence but a conquest of the Church and Christianity, to put it to the test and allowing systems of belief that will not tolerate other faiths. This opens doors to further ban the power of Christianity into a more Satanic looking system and there are many waiting to spout, but Christianity keeps a lid on it even under democracy as one has the power of the Spirit at work over the democracies that keep everything open to all.

People changing laws and not allowing individuals to do what they believe (if it doesn't hurt anyone) is despicable. If one group or individual can't say what they want yet another can, that is discrimination.
Of course some Islamic people want to ban others message. Just look at what is becoming of Britain, and look at what happened with the Dutch cartoons. The extremists are the real problem, as with any group.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Crosses, Bible, statues, flowers, rubber ball, half-eaten apple, an old Abba Poster even...

...do whatever works for you...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by alien

I agree.
I might have been a bit harsh earlier on, but I do agree that some (if not most) people need some form of security, be it through the Bible, music, symbols, friends, food, etc., as long as they are not hurting anyone else in the process.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien
Crosses, Bible, statues, flowers, rubber ball, half-eaten apple, an old Abba Poster even...

The difference is that the Bible’s New Testament is added proof that evil beings exist and the only way to have authority over them is through Christ like he and other prophets through his name battled them with.
I doubt a rubber ball works as well; evil spirits are prone to symbols and are their weak spots when dimensions collide. People need to use the word Christ for it to have real effect but sometimes and anything related to him helps more than lets say a Metalica poster.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Oh I do agree.

However - a door is a door is a door...ultimately one needs to consciously choose to walk through it.

Without that conscious choice being made it continues to sit as a door.
It can be the most fantastic super-flash self-opening automated door ever made...it could play a little tune of welcome to anyone who walks through it...but the entry through and usage of still rests - in a large part - upon the person doing the walking.

Objects and icons certainly can hold their own inherent *power*...however with many things, particularly when related to these subject matters, *power* is often 'with' as opposed to 'over'...meaning the *actioning* of the power of that object/icon often requires someone to action it...to make that conscious choice.

My flippant inclusion of rubber balls and half-eaten apples is more just in reference to the individual and how/what they may choose as their *action*, as their *doorway*...I certainly wasn't being overly seriously in suggesting people use rubber balls or half-eaten apples...

...but who knows...maybe the rubber ball may remind the person of childhood and childlike innocence...maybe that in turn places their spirit more in tune with their 'Creator' or 'god' or whatever they see that is. Maybe a half-eaten apple reminds them of the Garden of Eden, of the choice and free-will component...who knows...images/icons...as said the *power* of them often also resides in the individual interpretation of them.

Peace.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I am absolutely not trying to diminish your faith, or your belief that crosses are the panacea for all ills. Honestly. I just am very confused.

Had Jesus been hanged, would a noose be as powerful against evil? Would you hang nooses all over your house? And would a noose have become the all encompassing symbol for all things Christian?

I'm just at a loss how a cross will repel demons/devil etc.
After all, these are really Christian problems.
Non-Christians don't get troubled often by the devil/his minions (only when we are accused of being in league with them).

Again, your faith is a terrific thing. But, telling everyone that a couple of sticks will stop the wolf at the door is troubling to me. Surely it's your faith that gets you through, and not the symbology.

Someone above made a glib comment about half-eaten apples and bouncy balls... There's some truth in that. If you believe that holding a banana skin against your ear stops devils from entering your house, then it will.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord

Originally posted by alien

The difference is that the Bible’s New Testament is added proof that evil beings exist and the only way to have authority over them is through Christ like he and other prophets through his name battled them with.
I doubt a rubber ball works as well; evil spirits are prone to symbols and are their weak spots when dimensions collide. People need to use the word Christ for it to have real effect but sometimes and anything related to him helps more than lets say a Metalica poster.

I disagree. My fish with legs on the back of my car, and my Black Sabbath albums and posters have served me well. Every now and then I listen to Zappa or Life of Brian to keep me grounded. So far, no devils,....

"Awwww, let's go to the stoning,..."

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I'm no bible scholar. but I'm not sure that Jesus 'battled' with the devil did he?

Battled? When? Where?

Honest question. I'll take your bible quotes.

Thank you.

"Battled", remember.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
so many christians will get themselves killed fighting for what they believe secures their acceptance into heaven....

ive cried enough for you... this is why it will be a great and terrible day.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Jesus battled with a man possessed by Beelzebub and the Legion of demons who he transferred them to pigs who run down a hill and drowned in the river. Jesus overcame temptations as well and defeated Satan 3 times when he was very weak and went without food for 40 days.

Even if Jesus was hanged and Christians used a noose as a symbol it would not have the same effect apart from if it was on a tree. The reason being is that the first Sin was because of the tree of knowledge and the fruit Adam and Eve ate and by eating from a tree the actual material of wood to be put onto a tree with a wooden stake or log was actually a full circle of the event of the first Sin. So the symbolic gesture or fate produced actual effect of such objects like crosses in the spirit world as such. But like old gothic churches with the Gargoyles and Angels they too ward off evil spirits who see their likenesses in shame.

This is why when it comes to Islamic scripture they want such things such as crosses taken down and the verses that deny Christ as the Son of God is contrary to which the Bible makes it full known that such modes of thoughts are not of God and are unblessed.

The same goes with the FreeMasons who have roles in politics because to be honest banning the Cross probably does the oes deeper in the Degree chart some good. They say you can believe in any God to be a FreeMason but alot of it has been known to crosslink Satanic rituals, and if the Cross was being band and these politicians do nothing about it and they let Muslims take charge and other outside religions its because the powers at work are of the same spiritual mindset.

It's like being baptised or going to get married there is a union in which God sends his blessings and the Holy Spirit is at work.

I do not expect people to believe all this anyway but for those in need I say it’s better than paying astrologers money to try and sort out your problems and bringing psychics in which you probably pay to try and sort you bad spiritual experiences out at least having a cross won't cost much even if you make one yourself.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

.......Beetlejuice...........................................
..........Beetlejuice.........................
................Beetlejuice..................................

There I said it three times.
Now get your cross out and fight against this evil I have unleashed upon your thread.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
These are the threads made by people on ATS and I am more concerned about them than the sceptics at work on my thread. Here is a list of ATS members concerns over the months and years here asking for advice. All I want to do is give some insight and help and even preventing measures if it maybe.

ATS Members Quotes.

By Unknown_Significance

I swear I saw a figure standing near the kitchen counter beyond the hall. It didn't end here though. I looked at the figure for a few seconds. I recall seeing it as darker black to its surrounding but a perfect outline of a... what appeared hooded being. It was quite tall.
Text

By Minnesotawreckingcrew

I just woke up to a strange noise. I had fallen asleep watching tv. It sounded like someone popping their tongue by suction from the roof of their mouth but much louder. It sounded like it was coming from my bedroom. I ran into my room seeing a dark creature leaping out my window. It leaped onto the house next door to me, then on the roof, and vanished.
Text

By Bobular

In my despair, I pulled a crucifix off the wall in my hallway that night that I had been given in 2nd grade, and grabbed an old rosary that my Mom had given me. I hadn't really acknowledged God or religion in quite awhile, but had no one to turn to for helping me get rid of the pain and anguish in my heart

His face was like a black hole of death. It looked like a mass of swirling stars and rot. The features were indistinguishable. No eyes, nose, ears, mouth...just pure black, evil, demonic death. Again, I could tell this thing wanted to hurt me, but couldn't have me and he was pissed. He screamed again and stormed off out of my room.....
Text

By helium3
My Shadow people experience

So anyone i woke up and was extremely sweaty, as i was sitting up in bed i seen a shadow silhouette of a person adjsent to my bedroom doorway. I ran to the door so see what it was, but it was gone i turned the light on and and tried to wake my girlfriend.
Text

By Sisu06

So he opened his eyes and saw this approximately 1m high apparition levitating above the bed. It was whitish gray in colour, had sharp edges (I don't know how to express it in English)and was not transparent. The shape of it was sort of key-holish (ha ha, so sort of a head could be seen.) The thing flew a few meters in vertical position and then disappeared like smoke from the bottom up. The room was lit as there was a full or nearly full moon.
Text

By Nventual

there's a ghost/spirit in my house - how can i communicate with it?

ever since we moved in (about a year ago) we've seen it. everyone in our family has seen a black spirit in the house and it just walks around downstairs although i saw it in my room one night and my sisters friend slept over without knowledge of it and in the morning she said she woke up in the middle of the night and saw a ghost in the room she was sleeping in and she described it the same as the one i saw.
black (like a shadow but it was 3d looking) and about the same height as an adult.
it seems friendly because its never done anything apart from walk around. ive seen it during day aswell.
Text

By energy_wave

I have seen a spirit...

I have seen a spirit, have you?

It walked across the room at night. The windows were closed tight so no light could enter yet when the spirit walked across the room it glowed so bright you could see the woodgrain in the wall paneling and read a book by it.

Just one of many things I have witnessed
Text

The experiences go on and on, some are one off experiences and not all spirits are bad, some sound very Angelic, some sound like imposters of dead people, but one thing is for sure that the dark matter beings are definitely about, have I seen one?

[edit on 22-5-2009 by The time lord]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Jesus battled with a man possessed by Beelzebub and the Legion of demons who he transferred them to pigs who run down a hill and drowned in the river. Jesus overcame temptations as well and defeated Satan 3 times when he was very weak and went without food for 40 days.

So he basically met a very violent guy, but spoke rationally to the 'demons' and sent them off into a bunch of pigs - at the demons' request. Then he starved himself for 40 days (and obviously wasn't hallucinating) and "overcame temptations." So he said, "No." a few times to whatever he was being offered by not-a-hallucination-due-to-fasting.

Doesn't really sound much like battling to me. Listening intently to the requests of demon 'legions' (or just a raving madman, possibly) isn't much of a fight, is it? Being stubborn (wilderness/malnutrition/hallucination/satan's temptations) isn't either.

Sorry. Again, this is not a barb but a real attempt to understand.

Should I be "battling" my way over to the fridge for a soda? Will I be 'wrestling' with the ring pull? Should I 'fight' with my chair's height adjustment.

Using terms such as "battled" sounds fabulous in the acoustics of a big ol' church, but it's very mundane when you dig down a bit. Of course, the bible wouldn't be half as interesting if it read, "And then he met some guy who was ranting a bit. Jesus stood and talked rationally with him for a few minutes. While he was there, some pigs ran down a hill into a river."
Exactly the same story, without the religious hype.

Not sure I buy the whole tree thing. Tree of knowledge?
This is an omniscient god who sees all and knows all (but needs to have people paint houses a bit later in the story so he can recognize them). "Don't touch that tree!" says he, knowing full well that Adam and Eve will. Basic child psychology. He set them up!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join