It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Put your Crosses Up Fight the Evil. +

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
As for Adam and Eve they did not touch the tree on their own doing but the devil decieved them and they did not listen to God's command, the second part was that they felt ashamed and had knowledge of their outer appearence. So either the devil touched the tree first and gained knowledge or he just set them up but in the end man hid from God.

God has always a plan, even when it goes all wrong because some of his creations gain the knowledge of good and evil and they can not control it any longer even saying God is wrong.

Anyway these men who were demon possessed had greater strength than the average person, but Jesus with his spirit alone makes the demons frightened, they will obey the Christ you don't need it to turn into wrestlemania or anything, although people without faith have trouble holding down such people. You have to have a lot of spiritual power in what Jesus did with demons its not about a fist fight of the flesh.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
But I do parallel all this with people actually wanting to ban crosses across the historical majority where nations of Christian or Catholic faiths in the world. This is because there is a hidden war in spirit world at work, a lot of the times be it demons or devils or evil presence of people, they want your spirit to fail or to know God and in the process what was some deterrent on the spiritual level is purposely tested and when it has been replaced the consequences brings a whole negative atmosphere surrounding public places. The places that did well no longer perform as well as they did, and maybe like the non Christian based nations themselves the their whole system fails beneath them when they try. But that is another story of how faith in the nation prospers over the nations that don't. Look at the UK, everyone is turning atheist and non Christian and right through the Government it’s all falling apart, the blessing of God don't come through for them like it once did, ask Winston Churchill.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by The time lord]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
I know the world is going mad with political correctness and the cross banning issues but it's more than that.

I feel there is a war of good and evil going on, where they have ban Christian hymes and banned crosses in schools the crime rate in schools and institutions have gone up. Coincidence? Why ban such a symbol, when the illuminati put theirs everywhere and yet your cross has to come down.
[edit on 17-5-2009 by The time lord][edit on 17-5-2009 by The time lord]

I am pretty sure that violence in school happens because of the poor mental balance of many of the people of Earth.

There is actually an alternative school for "delinquent" children where the school bored approved naturally grown food for the kids. Needless to say the behavior of the children improved dramatically.

Chemical imbalances in the brain have a lot to do with it, I doubt crosses or the lack of a specific symbol is the cause of violence. Last time I checked the cross has inspired how many world-wide massacres????? *Cough, Cough* The Crusades..."witch" burnings...Inquisition...the Roman Catholic Church....America...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Although the Crusades went overboard it was provoked by the convert or die system in which Muslims were gaining ground in Europe. The Inquisitions, the people of Spain were living under Islamic law and they got fed up for being treated as dhimmi's and second class and they did it their way, be it good or bad on the self reflection of their actions. In the end you should be happy you are not living in a Muslim only world, regardless of religion, if the Muslims of the ancient times wanted to imprison your society in their methods of code, where non believers are treated as second rate then even without religion man would not tolerate it for too long, some became awake and revolutionised for some type of freedom, even it took some medieval methods to get out of it. The Catholic Church opposed the protestant view as well and wanted everything done their way while at the same time Europe was being threatened by the Turks, and there was unrest all over the place. Catholicism was under control of the monarchs of Spain and used as a system of power although their own methods were not exactly in the spirit of true Christianity.

This is an example of multi cultural society, when you have many peoples of different faiths under one roof, it only leads to war, man is not perfect but you have to look at the world's cities of today which try and squeeze the world's diversity into one small space only for it to back fire and cause more problems. It happened 2000 years ago with Christ it happens today all over the world, it cannot heal until man makes war or a certain group gets their way and they live under the same ideologies, many ideologies cannot co-exist without a fight, taking place somewhere even if it’s a court battle for handling pork products at work.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by The time lord]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
**ERASED**
Cross tabbed and cross posted, sorry for any inconveince

[edit on 24-5-2009 by tumache]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Anyway this is for individual healing purposes for people in need, I have seen many ATS members in this type of need when dealing with real situations. I hope they can read this thread as some form of comfort in sorting out the situations they are in because it could be something that is on the increase once people feel less afraid.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
After reading all of the religious explanations, some of which were quite good, I thought I would put my two cents in. First off, the Cross. For those who use their computer for research, you have heard of Planet X. X, get it? The Planet of the Crossing, and you are going to worship it, and those who come from it, right? After all, it is their symbol, after all. You who believe in the Cross, and worship the Cross, you know who you are, you are steered into this by your ministers for a reason. Remember, there is not one thing in the universe without Rhyme and Reason to it. Nothing new here either, all has happened before, and will happen again. Any Talisman or Amulet can be charged with positive power can ward off evil. It can be anything. But, the main thing is this; You are the power here friend, so summon up your power, and take charge over these evil ones, whatever you may call them, for you are most favored, according to your Bible. Be the boss over them.
They can only hurt you if you let them, and you cannot even see them if you don't believe they exist. How long do you think Satan could last if everyone just stopped believing in him? Turn your back on anyone, or anything that you consider evil, and they no longer exist. I wear a pentagram around my neck, but would it protect me? I highly doubt it. My immortal Spirit though, that is another thing altogether.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I think using a cross or showing that you or your surroundings are of faith it attracts the good guys in your path, if Angels and good spirits alike know then its an indicator for them too. The evil spirits go else where and this balance of good and evil or even protection is magnified. I know one self is the source of conquering your own spiritual troubles of course that is the number one priority.

I feel after reading about exorcism and knowing how secret societies use their symbols their is an opposite spectrum to each other. It must some how have an effect.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Even if Jesus was hanged and Christians used a noose as a symbol it would not have the same effect apart from if it was on a tree. The reason being is that the first Sin was because of the tree of knowledge and the fruit Adam and Eve ate and by eating from a tree the actual material of wood to be put onto a tree with a wooden stake or log was actually a full circle of the event of the first Sin. So the symbolic gesture or fate produced actual effect of such objects like crosses in the spirit world as such. But like old gothic churches with the Gargoyles and Angels they too ward off evil spirits who see their likenesses in shame.

The symbology of Jesus with His arms outstretched, embracing the sin of the whole world and suffering for the worlds atonement is also why the Holy Cross remains an effective reminder of His Love.

I have crosses in many rooms in my home as reminders to pray and as signs to others (seen and unseen) what we believe.

There is a quote from Fr. John Corapi which I love. He says at the end of your life you will here "Well done good and Faithful servant. Now you are Mine all Mine!" But for each person it will be either the Almighty God or the Evil one who says it.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
One of the original symbols of Christianity was a fish, not the cross.

Two lines.

Hi/

The O.P wasn't talking about 'original symbols of Christianity'
The Cross is the Weapon for spiritual warfare(useless against mortals)
The cross is called the "weapon of peace" because Christ slain enmity upon it (Eph. 2:16)

But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world" (Gal 6:14)Although a Cross may not save you, it is a reminder of the Lord Jesus Christ.
There is also fasting and prayer and each accompany one another. It is unfortunate that many of us(Christians) seem to have 'not' enough time to say a little prayer (including myself).
To battle against demons is an inner faith that can only come with Faith, Love and Hope in God.
Spiritual awareness of the 'Higher realm' in the skies, all around us(against spiritual wickedness in high places" Eph 6:12) is also needed and without a belief in God, you get evil.

helen

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Um...no dude....Spain was under CATHOLIC RULE, and the whole point of the INQUISITION was forcing early Mexicans to accept Christ or be tortured and die....

Distorting history much??

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien
Crosses, Bible, statues, flowers, rubber ball, half-eaten apple, an old Abba Poster even...

...do whatever works for you...

The difference is that the Bible’s New Testament is added proof that evil beings exist and the only way to have authority over them is through Christ like he and other prophets through his name battled them with.
I doubt a rubber ball works as well; evil spirits are prone to symbols and are their weak spots when dimensions collide. People need to use the word Christ for it to have real effect but sometimes and anything related to him helps more than lets say a Metalica poster.

Last time I checked "written word" didn't count as proof of anything...I am pretty sure that "proof" was being able to observe natural processes in nature that could be duplicated...

If written word counts as proof now, then I follow the Gospels of Harry Potter because they must be true.

Actually I've astrally projected before and you don't need the name of "Christ" to do anything...just tell the evil spirits to go away...

[edit on 5/26/2009 by dalan.]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Also, you didn't reply to my statement about chemical imbalances and improper diet being the cause of much school-related violence...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.

Also, you didn't reply to my statement about chemical imbalances and improper diet being the cause of much school-related violence...

They say pupils need a spiritual balance too, letting us humans think we are bacteria then Apes in a hormone filled environment is not a good idea for the growing mind. They used to sing hymns and prayer songs, we used to pray to God, regardless of who we believed but there was a sense of unity. We had time to meditate and reflect and now it seems schools all want to ban this. I am sure many will agree here but I doubt many will stand up to my case to say so.

The Inquisition was not just one event there were many phases of it and many different viewpoints are coming out about it. I must admit I need to know more about it, the main reason why Protestants became Protestants was because of these events.

People through history have experienced and witnessed possessions, seen people shape shift-be it the demon possessed, psychics have their take on it, healers have their take on it and haunted homes and ghost sighting have their stories to tell. It is boarder line evidence no doubt but does not mean people make this stuff up. But I cannot convince all but one thing is for sure is that there are a lot of people who know and it’s for them to find a solution but society is doing its best to cover it up while the elite do their Satan worship and hold you prisoner to their power making the world worship money in order for the individual to survive on this planet.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by The time lord]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

They say pupils need a spiritual balance too, letting us humans think we are bacteria then Apes in a hormone filled environment is not a good idea for the growing mind. They used to sing hymes and prayer songs, we used to pray to God, regardless of who we believed but there was a sense of unity. We had time to meditate and reflect and now it seems schools all want to ban this. I am sure many will agree here but I doubt may will stand up to my case to say so.

Well, I do agree about the spiritual balance and more schools would do well to encourage spirituality.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It just seems like a Godless generation, and maybe that is why people need to expand their thoughts a bit, no one feels part of anything its separated and lonely. Maybe gangs form because they need identity and someone in that group who is stronger than them to look up to. Many families are falling apart anyway many people feel lonely and angry and even a God figure who we can say looks after us is better than that weapon they carry. I don't know what to say, society has to find out for itself and find a way to heal, some say its satanic influences and Godlessness that affects schools and society in general. But I cannot answer for others only reflect because everyone comes from their own backgrounds in their societies.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
eeeerrrmmmm.......

The UK government is not falling apart because most people are atheists. Provide proof of this.
Or, you could just write it down.

I know, that's a cheap shot. I'm sorry.

As for the inquisition, it was not because people were unhappy being under the tyranny of Islam - nor was it anything to do with Mexicans (ahem).

From what I understand it started because the money borrowed from the Jews by the Spanish Crown (as their constant warring was quite expensive, and the English had found ways to steal their loot too) was called in. So, because the Jews didn't believe that Jesus was the saviour, they were a very handy target for blasphemy charges etc. Kill 'em, and we won't have to pay. Then it just got out of hand, and proved an easy way to manipulate the masses by fear (and don't even start me on that!).

Not Mexicans, not Islam. Money.

The Crusades. Hmmmph. If you boil it all down to the benefits to the supposedly civilised western world from all the hundreds of years fighting in the holylands, and the exposure to modern mathematics, languages, arts, crafts, and literature, and the possibilities from sharing all this wonderful knowledge, you know what 'we' got?

The apricot.
(Courtesy Jacques Le Goff)

Wooo
Yay

Well done there. It was the merchants who followed the Crusaders that shared these wonders with the world. The Crusaders were too busy killing people who didn't think like them or like their books.

There's an amazing town in Spain called Toledo. Perhaps you know it for being the home of some of the world's finest swords?
Once, the Jews, the Christians, and the Muslims all lived happily there.
Then it stopped.
Guess why? Something to do with the Church, maybe?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
By the way, you mention the "144,000 and the multitudes"
Jehovah's Witness?

Just checking, not judging. I just don't want to argue against protestantism/Catholicism/Mormonism/Pentocostalism/or any other of the numerous forms of Christianity if we're talking about another sect.

Also, Satanism is a form of Christianity/Abrahamic Religion.
You cannot believe in Satan without acknowledging his/it's existence from the original texts.

Therefore, a great protection against "SATAN" is to not believe in him/it.

So, for those of you who are atheists, it's probably not a demon/devil. Put down the sticks.

Satan tempted Adam and Eve. God didn't see that coming? Or is it a get out of jail card for the free will thing. If "free will" looks dodgy, let's say that it was Satan....

Adam and Eve had Cain and Abel, and Seth.
Cain kills Abel and is banished to wandering (land of Nod).
Where he "knew his wife".
Hang on...... There were other people in Nod?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Hmm. Well, I've never had a Satan infestation before, but maybe pesticides will work this time, too.
Tell you what. I've a few guns and weapons, you've got a cross. I believe very strongly that my gun will make whatever is bothering me go away. You believe the same about your cross. If I find myself in a situation where I'm holding a gun on Satan, I guess I'll owe you an apology; however, I doubt a cross will ever help me if my home is invaded. Unless I use it as a bludgeoning weapon, of course.

I'm afraid I cannot attribute mankind's flaws to a metaphysical boogeyman. Face it OP, people just aren't inherently good; we don't need a devil to make us do evil. We do that fine all on our own. But I'll give you this much; there must be a pretty powerful God out there, or else we would have eaten each other alive a long, long time ago.
Anyway, having read through each of the posts you've made on this thread, I highly doubt your qualifications as a religious expert; forgive me, but you seem the sort who believes, based on Christian lore, that Satan is the embodiment of Evil and cannot set foot in Heaven.
Allow me to enlighten you. I'm sure you've read the book of Job, yes? One of my favorites, actually; Satan was walking around Heaven one day and made a wager with God. God not only sacrificed his most avid servant's well-being just to prove a point, but seemed to think that he could make it all better with material possessions. Oh, and did you catch that first part? Satan walked through Heaven.
I could go on all night, since I don't have anything better to do, but I'll present one major flaw with your theory that fallen Angels and the forces of Hell are responsible for Evil. God is eternal. God is good; the ultimate good, in fact. He is the King of Kings, yes; God existed before time, and willed the world into existence. Now, bear with me for one moment; I'll get back to that in one moment. Satan, Lucifer, the Morningstar; supposedly (though it is debated) these three names all apply to one Evil being, whom shall be bound in a lake of burning sulfur after one thousand years of Christ's rule. He is called, time and again, the Prince of Darkness. He has been such since his fall from grace so long ago; Lucifer was once the first and most beloved of God's angels. Here, then, is the contradiction overlooked by millions.
Evil existed before Lucifer; he was tempted by an unnamed being, possibly even ordered by God himself to do as he did. God, being good, could not possibly have existed without evil; by his own admission within the Bible, good cannot, never has, and never will exist without evil. Lucifer, being called only the Prince of Darkness, implies a higher Evil of much greater power; this power is never brought to justice in the Bible, is it? And where does that leave God, if such an evil doesn't exist? There are only two possibilities, my friend; either God lied to you all or he isn't actually Good, which still means he lied to you all.
You're either writing so feverishly on this thread about a complete misaprehension about God, or you've done something even worse; by placing the blame for humanity's evil on something or someone else, you're effectively removing all accountability from yourself and everyone you know. That is blasphemy; its God's job to judge.
Whats the point? No point; I just think too much. I'll end this post by suggesting you all live for yourselves and for your own reasons rather than play the religious lottery.

(spelling edit; I'm tired)

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Malfeitor]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Hi/
So, then it's safe to ask the question...Who controls the food out there?eg /planting of G.M crops and world shortage thereafter?
What happens when there's a drought?
What happens when the seeds run out?
I believe that all this is happening for a reason and that reason is clear to some as to what is happening(i will not further discuss)
Improper diet comes from what is being Added to our food!
Who allows these additives to be added?
Chemical imbalance could also be the result of the society in general...how we act,behave and what we do influences our daily life and therefore would have certain reactions to our actions....medical says otherwise.

helen

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join