It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Are a Few of the Torture Photos Obama Doesn't Want You To See

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Khalid Sheikh Mohammed "wheres my attorney" hay you guys cant do that! I want proper treatment and humanitarian considerations!

Oh no! Please dont water board me! not that anything but that!

Dan Pearl gut his throat cut by this guy. I can just hear him begging for his life.

3000 thousand plus 911.

Water boarding? He must eventually be executed, will that be a problem for anyone?

Anyway we didn't have time to wait with this guy. Now his treatment is being used by some to make a case of the worst kind against some. Thats fairly desperate.

Some of the people protesting very loudly about water boarding were the same ones saying we got what we deserved in 911. They are the same ones that condemn the US intrusion into Iraq as worse than what was already there.

In short they are fifth columnists that love any enemy of ours and always look for anything they can condemn. Our solders are murders, the war was about oil only, US inelegance founded terrorist organizations, it was a cooperate war, Bush and his cabinet are the real terrorists, Pakistan should fall becouse they are a corrupt western controlled power, lame water boarding is torture.....

Anybody see a pattern here?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

I think your post says more than anything else on this thread

2nd line

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
wow... im stunned and im not stunned... this changes my thinking even further... im not sure where.. im stunned..

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Very good post, but unfortunately that anti- American crowd will call you a puppet, or a dis-info agent. Besides that wonderful post.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Ignorance is no excuse???, we at this site discuss many things, some true some not, how are you supposed to get accurate information when quite often its the media controlls what you see and hear?
torture or killing is wrong in any country, is it revenge?is it pleasure?
we eat meat and yet maybe not like killing an animal, others kill for sport, even get excited about it, maybe its the same torturing and /or killing people, how do they feel?
in the armed forces you are trained to kill protect and survive, during peacetime ,if you kill you go to prison.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

So the US never funded the Mujaheddin during Afghanistan's fight with the soviets? I guess no one reads history anymore or pays attention to events past their time on the news cycle.

I'm not saying we got what we deserved. But I am saying we sure as hell started it.

From the dissolution of the Ottoman Empire to putting Israel on the map the west sure has had a lot of fingers in Middle Eastern pies.

Let's check out a little tour of history once again to see what the US government has done to people...

Prior to our inception as a nation colonial American's conducted a series of farce trials in a little town in Massachusetts, these trials were to become known as Salem Witch Trials

25 people died as a result of mass hysteria against an imagined enemy.

On we go latter we find that the new United States of America has a flair for genocide, slaughtering hundreds of thousands of native people. Five of these tribes of native people decide to adopt European style governments, including adopting their own Constitutions. These nations were wiped off the map and their people forcibly relocated to internment camps known today as reservations.

Again in WWII, we rounded up our citizens and forced them into internment camps. This time it was Japanese immigrants and nationals.

During the cold war a senator Joseph McCarthy returned our country to a time of paranoia and brought fourth on our great nation the McCarthy Trials while not being as horrible as the Salem Witch Trials of the 15th century the McCarthy Hearings destroyed the political and social lives of many people persecuted for allegedly being communists or communist sympathizers.

During the 1980s we had a buddy in Iraq. His name was Saddam Hussein. We loved this guy, in fact we loved him so much we gave him Key to the City of Detroit

Kind of sucks that we stabbed him in the back with that whole Iran Contra Affair.

Guess Saddam should have talked with some Native Americans first before going into an agreement with this government.

Course now that I think about it a little getting the key to the city of Detroit might not be such a good thing.

Jump ahead to recently and our prisons at Gitmo and Abu Ghrab. I guess it's not surprising that our nation would torture prisoners of war. We don't exactly have a great human rights track record.

Hell the pro torture crowd should use our own nations history as an example why we should torture our prisoners of war. Fact of the matter is, it's heritage not hate, that's why we do it.

Right? I mean they did kill 3000 of our citizens in a cowardly attack. Why not make them suffer, A LOT! They made our country suffer, I guess it would be an eye for an eye. I mean they should feel lucky we engaged in a ground war with them instead of releasing a modern version of Fat Man and Little Boy

They should thank their god that we don't force march their people across the desert to a camp.

I guess this is what America is really all about. Sad isn't it? But actions speak louder than words and our actions show the world an America that we don't want to see ourselves.

We don't tell the world we are this way. We tell the world we are the beacon of freedom and we are the light of liberty.

Just don't ask the Cherokee, the Chickasaw, the Choctaw, the Muscogee-Creek, and Seminole people. They might tell you different.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RE2505

you cannot compare war-activities to POW treatment, it is against the Geneva Convention.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
My understanding of the war in Iraq is all the WMD were flown out of the country before we went in. The UN inspectors were very well clear that none were in the country at the time of Bush's invasion. It is clear also Iraq had bio weapons and that we sold them to them under (CIA) the Bush Sr. A nurse found copy's of the receipts of this weapons sale and claimed that it was the reason for the GI's illnesses. Also I strongly doubt the CIA would not know then that the WMDs were gone.

Even with all this to go into that country and then *stay there* would mean just a blood bath for Iraq and our GI's was very clear to me. At the time I expected that there was some deep info that the CIA had to go on now you can see otherwise.

When things happen in Government as cases like this our other hidden Government is clearly in control.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by hisshadow
It's kindof sad... we spent millions of dollars just to decide if we should impeach clinton for a blowjob

yet.. we are sweeping bush/cheney under the rug, with evidence like this

and even worse, all the republicans in congress & the senate during those years should be serving prison time right along with both of them

thats just rediculous everyone knows that the top dems in congress were also brifed on this and didnt give a rats hind quarters that it was happenening why dont you take your left wing smack talk elsewhere. The dems had just as much to do with this as the republicans. this isnt a partisan discussion at all and your statement is factless and totally inproper

and i think everyone is forgetting that is any administration was worried about these photos being seen some poor yokel on the net would not have them to post on ATS.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by constantwonder]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
hi

hi,,this is a touchy topic so please forgive my opinion....

I myself dont buy a lot of this....

some of it I do,,,but 90% I dont....

yes,,,there probly is need to insure the proper way on how to handle these terrorist-criminals,,,,
a lot of them in there are really bad(evil) apples....

Some of the country(s) sure dont want these creeps back!!!
There probly lucky their in US custody!!!

If these prisoners were in other countries they'd proly be dead/hung by now...

you should invvestigate our own prison/jail systems here,,,

theres probly more abuse cases just in a few of the LA jails or watch some stolen car police chases!!!!

lok into prisoner extraction teams,,,!!!,,it takes several guys to do this job on these nut cases!!!!

and yes,,,they will get a bloody nose,,,,,!!!!!

people who strap back packs of explosives and kill innocents should be treated differntly....,

Look at there torture techniques and they care less if your innocent!!!!,,,,
they kill aid workers and good people!!!!,,,,95% of who they kill are innocent!!!!

Now whats your solution!!!!!?????
let them all go????????????
We tried that with a few,,,,some ended up again blowing people up few weeks later!!!!

Im surprsed theres what,how many in there,,,????

An Alaskan ghost town jail has more prisonrs,,,,,

the problem is ,,,that their should be 10x more in there!!!!!!

and saying why we shouldnt be there is to late,,,,,

so many sicko terrorist there we probly should of been there befor 911 but then again is not right to police the world,,,
cant do it!!!

im sure in the future other countries will start having problems,,,,

these terrorist are like the mexican mafia,,,!!!

cant just say heres a 500 mile square area and some barrels of acid incase women dont wear their veil,,,,
do what you want,,,,,

tired of how others make the USA look so bad !!!!

USA is the best place in the world!!!!!

and every country who protest and hate us it would be funny if you offered them a visa/citizenship,, that country would be empty within a month,,,,,!!!!!!!!
they couldnt get their butt here fast enuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go figure???

tired of these post on anti USA!!

sorry if i seem to vent hard on this,,,,

this is just my opinion but i feel good about stating this,,,,!!!

and i know things arent perfect in this world,,,

be nice if we could all hold hands and sing a song for peace but thats far from the solution!!!!!!!!!!!

huggs all even if you dont agree with me....

Amy

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
Khalid Sheikh Mohammed "wheres my attorney" hay you guys cant do that! I want proper treatment and humanitarian considerations!

Oh no! Please dont water board me! not that anything but that!

Dan Pearl gut his throat cut by this guy. I can just hear him begging for his life.

3000 thousand plus 911.

Water boarding? He must eventually be executed, will that be a problem for anyone?

Anyway we didn't have time to wait with this guy. Now his treatment is being used by some to make a case of the worst kind against some. Thats fairly desperate.

Some of the people protesting very loudly about water boarding were the same ones saying we got what we deserved in 911. They are the same ones that condemn the US intrusion into Iraq as worse than what was already there.

In short they are fifth columnists that love any enemy of ours and always look for anything they can condemn. Our solders are murders, the war was about oil only, US inelegance founded terrorist organizations, it was a cooperate war, Bush and his cabinet are the real terrorists, Pakistan should fall becouse they are a corrupt western controlled power, lame water boarding is torture.....

good reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a lot of these topics on anti USA on this are so nutts,,,,!!!!

the countries where these creeps came from dont want them back!!!!
some of these creeps dont want want to go back to where they were arrested!!
!!!!!!!

it seems the ones who make these post base the whole USA as evil,,,

please dont think me bad,,,,its good the truth on bad apples is leaked,,,,

but some of youshould pull your heads outta your butt!!!
the popping sound enuff would ring your ears fora month!!!

if any sicko terrorist had their choice to be caught/arrested they would prefer the USA!!!

sorry to vent again.....

[edit on 16-5-2009 by amyfriend]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Horrible? Yes.

Unforeseeable? Heck no. Any hick could have known that a few people would seek to put others through this type of treatment - regardless of the side they're on. It's to be expected even. After all, this is war, and young people with guns will always have a few bad apples amongst them.

I'm really looking forward to the next decade or so when those responsible for this begin to appear in international court...

[edit on 15-5-2009 by nethawk]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

"The concept and idea of AMERICA still burns in my soul. We are the good guys. We do not torture our own kind......or any other kind. No Election gives anyone the "right" or "authority to torture, for any reason."

There are no good guys!!!! We torture our own kind here in the U.S. everyday!!! Just go to youtube and find the latest video of police brutality. We kick people out of their homes after exploiting them by pushing the American Dream on them with financial deceptions of interest only ARMs. America is the great Satan! We don't see the evil we do to ourselves because we are too busy watching American Idol and Dancing With the Stars, and text messaging during the commercials.

Rumsfield and Cheney are so blantantly defenders of this corrupt society we live in that they don't even need to disguise their demonic intentions and motivations for their despicable policies of torture in this war on terror. Satan has a hold on the US, and the US likes it that way.

The truth of the matter is that Americans are enslaved to their own comfort, which has made them so apathetic that they can not stomach the means by which their comfort is achieved. It is time that we have our luxuries stripped away in the West. Perhaps if we lived like most of the population of this world, we might actually care about each other and have an idea of how to treat people with basic dignity. But what fun would that be, a world without Simon Cowell's insults and pop stars? Actually being physically present in our relationships instead of following them on Twitter? God forbid!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Highground
I've seen it posted before, but it has not appeared to stick. Let my try a different approach:

These pictures are from Abu Ghraib. As far as I can tell, this was an isolated event. It was self-contained and none of the administration at the time had any control over what was happening there, nor did they know, most likely. There ARE times when isolated events happen, and when the rest of us, as a whole, suffer from it. From this, I have two statements:

1) Has anyone heard of the Zimbardo Stanford Prison Experiment? It's a classic case study, conducted in 1971. Dr. Zimbardo came up with an experiment to conduct with "average" people, that have no known psychological conditions or anything to make them "sadistic" or "submissive." They were a random group of college students, randomly sorted into the "prisoner" and "guard" groups. There was no prerequisite for being in either group, and it was done completely randomly. A "prison" was then constructed, and the "prisoners" were told they could leave whenever they want to, they were not actually being held captive. The "guards," after not too long, started getting more and more sadistic. These average college students were turning into the type of person we saw at Abu Ghraib. The kind of person no one thought they could or would become. Dr. Zimbardo had to call the experiment off because the guards were getting too heavy with their actions, and even more bizarre, the prisoners did not want to leave of their own free will. For those of you who think you'd never do anything like what happened at Abu Ghraib, think again. Am I excusing it? Hell no. It was wrong, and it was completely barbaric, but it was also just that ONE incident.

2) Show me proof that this happened anywhere else but Abu Ghraib. Show me some photos of this nature with soldiers in ACUs, not DCUs (which were no longer authorized for wear about 4 years ago).

Occasionally I feel invisible.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Ok. I am getting very sick of all this torture crap. Yeah, maybe we should not put naked guys on leashes and who the hell knows if waterboarding works or it doesnt? I care a hell of a lot more of the burned in memory of seeing people jump to their deaths when we were hit on 9/11. Most seem to have already forgotten. What I can tell you is look at the photos our enemies have posted when they cut off their enemies head then hold it up, dripping blood and dance and cheer. Some of those were AMERICANS. Get your heads out of your butts.

I was in a hell hole of combat for 18 months. Sure, you see a photo and it grosses you out while you sit in your ac living room and type in these blogs. Picture your best friend getting blown to bits just after you talked to him about his wife and how he looked forward to going home. Do a Google search for Robert F. Stryker. See what he did to give you the freedom you enjoy so you can bitch about how terrible we are in the US. Don't waste your time telling me that China and Russia don't do this. They DON'T LET THEIR PRESS KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY DO! Ever see what those guys do to their own service men? Can you imagine one of our drill instructors jumping up in the air and planting both of his storm trooper boots in the center of your chest? Nope, we don't do that but they do that to their own. Use your own imagination as to how well they treat their enemies. We seem to be one of the few countries that are so willing to trash ourselves. If this keeps up soon you will really have things to bitch about. Don't expect to sit by the fire and sing songs with the people who want you dead because their only interest is that you join them and if you don't perhaps they will dance around the fire with your dripping head in their hands.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Great isolation of something that needs to be said, and loudly.

I'm horrified when I surf this site and read so much invective from people accusing the US of everything under the sun.

When it comes from Americans, I don't think it's so much a matter of subversiveness as it coming down to adolescent authority resentment.

Daddy is mean.

The rest of the world readily buys into this.

The US represents less than 5% of the world population but has vast influence economically and politically. People everywhere who lack money, peace of mind, aren't having much fun, resent that. Their default response is not to blame themselves, their choice of leaders, their culture.

It’s even worse when you’re American and not in the winner’s circle.

More comforting is to believe and grab onto any explanation that the US and it’s elite have it all unfairly through devious or aggressive means. Pacts with the Devil.

So it's all explained by abusive militarily actions, CIA regime toppling, US controlling Zionist bankers, secret access to alien technology, you name it.

Not so much an attempt to bring down the US. That would demand organization and hard work. Accusations and conspiracy hunting is less tiresome.

Just a lot of bitterness and an inability to deal with failure - personally and culturally.

A sort of losers support group.

Mike

[edit on 15-5-2009 by mmiichael]

[edit on 15-5-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Thanks Mike. As you can see I post very little. I seldom need to vent but once in awhile I have to speak even if few listen. Tonight, yesterday, and probably tomorrow we will all hear more of the same from the so-called news but so far we are still allowed to shut the tv down and take a walk, ride or whatever. Bob

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by foxbat68

Thanks Mike. As you can see I post very little. I seldom need to vent but once in awhile I have to speak even if few listen. Tonight, yesterday, and probably tomorrow we will all hear more of the same from the so-called news but so far we are still allowed to shut the tv down and take a walk, ride or whatever. Bob

Thanks Bob.

Somebody once told me the smartest guy in the room is the one that says the least. And when he opens his mouth you should listen.

That's you.

Mike

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I don't know for sure what the photos show, but it certainly looks like still shots of one of those gay exercise videos.

You know, the ones that come with the simulated bondage, and fake ass-whippings?

Yeah.

So it must be legal.

Otherwise, they couldn't sell these gay/bondage exercise videos.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTilde

OK!!! That's great because I'm sick of us trying to help the world. Either we do too much or not enough. I want us to stop helping everybody, and when they cry for help or food they can find it somewhere else!!! We have enough of our own mouths to feed.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join