It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Are a Few of the Torture Photos Obama Doesn't Want You To See

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by P1DrummerBoy
That seems like an awefully ignorant thing to say. Do you believe that there is a single person here who thinks sodomizing children is okay?

Quite possibly if it was in the interests of "homeland security".

Do you belive that there is a single person here who loves torture?

Maybe not love, enjoyable - yes, certainly.

I'd like to see you prove a comment like that.

The evidence speaks for itself (read some member's posts in this thread and others), it proves that some do indeed enjoy it - especially as a form of retribution.

No one wants to see or hear about these types of things.

Debatable, really...

As I stated before, its going to happen no matter what. I don't like it, you don't like it, the families who are affected don't like it, but what can be done?

Prosecute the perpetrators as harshly as possible, all the way to to the top if needs be.

It certainly doesnt help anyone to make comments like you did, friend.

And on the flipside, neither does ignorance. I've lost count of how many people have waded in bleating, "they are terrorist scum and deserve it" when it's been proven that nearly all of them are completely innocent of any crime.

You seem quite balanced, I (like you) accept that sometimes these things happen. The main difference that seems apparent to me is that I wish to see the perpetrators punished for their crimes, while you would rather it was hushed up and forgotten about. That is completely unacceptable in my opinion.

Originally posted by TheAmused
has the fbi or military ever beat you or bombed your kid's?
no.
has the taliban?
yes.

Funny you should say that, because I'd answer yes to the former (friend of the family in Lebanon many years ago) and no to the latter.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
This is a question of a nations moral compass.

What does the USA want to project to the world as far as our treatment of prisoners of war.

The USA should be better than this. We should be the example for the world to follow. We should be the icon of what it means to be free. With that freedom we should also be what the world strives for in all it's examples.

This is not something that the world should know us for.

To dishonor a noble enemy is to dishonor ourselves.

Our moral compass? A noble enemy?

We are known for a lot of things. Power foremost, not really for a moral compass. Sugar daddy to the world maybe.

For decades we have been stumbling around with our moral compass. We have to borrow money from China just to operate our moral compass.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Logarock]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

would the words out of his mouth say he did it? or will you conitue to believe that an incomptant goverment could have planned the attacks and carried them out?

It just amazes me how many people fall for “HEAR SAY” information! Let us see this phony video can YOU produce it (No you can’t!)

In a previously *UNDISCLOSED*video which has been circulating for 14 days among his supporters, he confesses that "history should be a witness that we are terrorists. Yes, we kill their innocents".

www.telegraph.co.uk...

If there was one word of truth to this News article, then the FBI would have charge Bin Laden wouldn’t they. Most, if not all of the Ben Laden tapes were proven fakes.
Remember the viedo is “UNDISCLOSED”.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
hmm torture is wrong blowing people up is wrong shooting people is wrong invading and occupying others countries is wrong. . . . .

tht being said i see all these posts that say things like russia doesnt do this china doesnt do this blah blah blah. . . .are you serious? wise up in alot of foriegn countries they would just kill you after the torture but your all right america is the bad guys

take a look around you people the whole god damn world is falling apart with violence yet everyone wants to point their fingers at americans. . . . what a joke

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

So as long as everyone else is doing it, it's justified?

Yeaaah... Riiight...

The LAW only applies when no one else is looking?

GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY CRIMINAL!

In my Country we have IDEALS. We have LAWS which uphold those ideals, and we have EXITS for people like you.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Yeaaah... Riiight...

yeah twist my words why dont you. . . . i said its happening everywhere but americans are the ones taking the smug comments and BS from people around the world

i never said anything was justified so dont say i did why dont you try actually understanding what i said instead of showing your lack of understanding by screaming "GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY YOU CRIMINAL"

what a real winner you are. . . here i try to say look lets blame everyone its happening all over. . . dont call americans criminals because we say look around you see whats happening all over the world then point the finger at yourself

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Yeaaah... Riiight...

In my Country we have IDEALS. We have LAWS which uphold those ideals, and we have EXITS for people like you.

couldnt get all that down in one try i see. . . . we have laws and the people who make said laws turned a blind eye to what was happening liberal and conservative alike and you want to talk garbage to me saying dont blame the man on the street

I might just take that EXIT to avoid living with self righteous mooks who think they are so much better than anyone else

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
You do need to take some context into thought in regards to these photographs:

First of all, how are they any different or "more revealing" than the original Abu Ghraib photographs released years ago?

Secondly, in case anyone attempts to make a connection here, these have no relation whatsoever to GITMO. The individuals in the photographs posted by the OP are in fact direct action combatants who have been taken into custody on the battle field. Therefore, how can anyone honestly state that they know where these prisoners received their wounds from? The photographs are used as a means to document and record evidence, and in the vast majority of instances the wounds are being documented so as to prevent the MPs from receiving the blame for having been responsible in creating them.

Use some common sense analysis here, and for once actually take the word of our Service personnel over those of the terrorists (and non-knowledgeable critics).

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Yeaaah... Riiight...

No.
Thats not even CLOSE to what constantwonder said.

Seriously man, the topic at hand is bad enough...if you can't contribute without acting like a 1st grader then stay out of the thread. Posting nonsense gets us nowhere.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
well since everyone wants to talk bad about americans

lets take a look at what the rest of the oh so noble world is doing

french involvement in genocide

www.truthout.org...

russians torturing russians

www.robertamsterdam.com...

and heres a whole damn list of what else is going on

www.amnesty.org...

but hey who gives a crap what their doing the world has america to blame all its problems on they will continue to torture and kill while your all distracted pointing your fingers at americans

wake up world every country is guilty of human rights violations

and before another person calls me a criminal or sympathizer just know i hate the fact that americans have tortured people but i also know that pretty much everyother country does like things

no this doesnt justify what has been done in the states but it does show that americans arent the only bad guys

edit to fix source links

[edit on 14-5-2009 by constantwonder]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
All we are is dust in the wind.

Does any of this matter? Matter at all?
Our bodies are made out of star dust with electricity moving the dust around. In the ultimate broad spectrum of things, does the human race or the things that humans do actually matter?

Yes? No? At a universal scale.
This reminds me of the short story about aliens visiting meat beings.

They wonder why meat torturing meat means anything at all.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

would the words out of his mouth say he did it? or will you conitue to believe that an incomptant goverment could have planned the attacks and carried them out?

It just amazes me how many people fall for “HEAR SAY” information! Let us see this phony video can YOU produce it (No you can’t!)

In a previously *UNDISCLOSED*video which has been circulating for 14 days among his supporters, he confesses that "history should be a witness that we are terrorists. Yes, we kill their innocents".

www.telegraph.co.uk...

If there was one word of truth to this News article, then the FBI would have charge Bin Laden wouldn’t they. Most, if not all of the Ben Laden tapes were proven fakes.
Remember the viedo is “UNDISCLOSED”.

I understand that you are the OP of this thread and all that, but what exactly does your aforementioned assertion have anything whatsoever to do with the Original Topic at hand? I respect the fact that you started this discussionary thread, but I would hate to witness a side-course take a tangent to the actual subject matter which you originally embarked upon.

Threads which fall prey to such disorganization often result in nothing more than insults, confusion, and eventual closure.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

You know it's an ugly world out there. It seems that many Americans and everybody else for that matter seems shocked that we Americans are capable of these types of acts. Get real as bad as those pictures are there is a lot worse going on on this Earth. Just Google search beheadings and if you're unlucky enough you'll find them. Yes my country is very capable of these types of actions.

I don't condone these actions but we have the ability to be just as nasty as anyone else on the planet. We Americans and everybody else it seems try to hold us to a higher standard.

When it's time to get ugly we can.

Sad really, But there it is.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder
well since everyone wants to talk bad about americans

lets take a look at what the rest of the oh so noble world is doing

french involvement in genocide

images.google.com...://www.truthout.org/files/images/E1_080708R.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.truthout.org/article/europe-ignoring-f rench-role-genocide&usg=__iqxv3V31S6NFQeSAm4DUWj8epd0=&h=275&w=238&sz=60&hl=en&start=14&um=1&tbnid=MwbtM8rUA6QWRM:&tbnh=114&tbnw=99&prev=/images%3Fq%3 Dfrench%2Btorture%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

russians torturing russians

images.google.com...://www.robertamsterdam.com/torture030208.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.robertamsterdam.com/2008/03/russian_press _on_ponomarev_and.htm&usg=__LtoYFfoThJHmFv9ZiswUW9QUruc=&h=240&w=320&sz=22&hl=en&start=3&um=1&tbnid=9ItWJJgR0h_poM:&tbnh=89&tbnw=118&prev=/images%3Fq% 3Drussian%2Btorture%26hl%3Den%26um%3D1

and heres a whole damn list of what else is going on

www.amnesty.org...

but hey who gives a crap what their doing the world has america to blame all its problems on they will continue to torture and kill while your all distracted pointing your fingers at americans

wake up world every country is guilty of human rights violations

and before another person calls me a criminal or sympathizer just know i hate the fact that americans have tortured people but i also know that pretty much everyother country does like things

no this doesnt justify what has been done in the states but it does show that americans arent the only bad guys

Once again... always the justifier.

You see your logic leads to "Well if everyone else is doing it so can I"

You don't see how American SHOULD be criticized for this CRAP because we ARE BETTER or at least should BELIEVE we are better. Otherwise why not torture anyone you feel justified doing it to... I mean.. why not everyone else is doing it!

BAH!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer, I respect you a lot.

I don't care HOW BAD it is anywhere else. What I care about is what my country does in my name. I believe in personal responsibility REGARDLESS of what others are doing.

We can't even BEGIN to act in a morally superior way towards those other atrocities you mention until we CLEAN HOUSE ourselves.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
dude what the hell are you talking about i clearly said right in my post that it justifies nothing you must be dense or just looking to fight

why dont you wake up and realize what i said which is this # is happening everywhere yet people like you wanna point your hoighty fingers at americans whilst ignoring the rest of the world

try reading a post before you post a responce that doesnt even make sence or address what i actually said

you can blow flames at me all you like but your comments are unfounded and i never said it was ok for anyone to torture

on the contrary i said its wrong and its wrong everywhere not just in america now please stop saying im justifying anything its foolishness and clearly not even close to what i said

ignorance and a sence of self holiness must be bliss

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Yes I believe we should point the fingers at ourselves and not at anyone else. We are the only ones we can control. I believe in good stiff self criticism lest we begin to act like the slime our enemies are.

Sorry if I believe we should have the moral authority. THe only way to have a truly moral authority is to have a healthy sense of self criticism.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RE2505

Then why is there STILL an American presence in Iraq if soldiers experience this!?

Obama, our "savior," told us last year that we will be out of Iraq by March 31st.....

...It is mid-May.

Along with Iraq, we now have deployed even more troops in Afghanistan AND possibly Pakistan. The military-industrial complex is alive at full throttle.

Until the majority of the U.S. populace finally becomes "awake," then we will never experience true change. The two-party system is a SHAM.

It is WRONG on both ends. Wrong for soldiers involved in the rebuilding being brutally murdered while on the other hand, we commit "enhanced interrogations" that is no different from the movie, "Hostel."

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Yes I believe we should point the fingers at ourselves and not at anyone else. We are the only ones we can control. I believe in good stiff self criticism lest we begin to act like the slime our enemies are.

Sorry if I believe we should have the moral authority. THe only way to have a truly moral authority is to have a healthy sense of self criticism.

i believe we should deal with this in America but i also believe that the whole world is so freakin concerned with what america is doing they fail to recognize that this isnt just an american problem its a global problem

and as far as moral authority is concerned WE DON"T HAVE IT and frankly most people in the world set there own moral agenda no matter what america does.

TORTURE IS WRONG ANYWHERE IT HAPPENS

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Well we agree on that. Torture is always wrong.

I for one also believe that if I'm going to call myself an American, that will be because I am proud of what my country does and doesn't allow.

To me this is a personal issue as it relates to my national identity.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join