It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Are a Few of the Torture Photos Obama Doesn't Want You To See

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
It's sooo stupid. Torture as a means of confession?! My goodness, woh ever thought it would be a good method of getting real and factual information, himself, needs to be tortured. There is only one thing that torture is good for and that is making people suffer.

It doesn't take a smart person to understand that torture is not a means of gathering intelligence,

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by constantwonder

Well we agree on that. Torture is always wrong.

I for one also believe that if I'm going to call myself an American, that will be because I am proud of what my country does and doesn't allow.

To me this is a personal issue as it relates to my national identity.

i understand exactly what you mean and there is alot of domestic things that make me angry with the american brand such as bankrupting the american people to bail out corrupt beurocrats

or how about taking 5 days to get water to the superdome

how about blowing up two whole japanese cities

or police beating innocent americans just because they asert their rights

we have alot of problems here at home that need to be addressed, but we cannot allow the rest of the world to dictate what we can and cannot do here

i dont know maybe some can take solice in knowing the american brand is almost gone soon to be the NAU but not me my disgust is with humanity and it crosses borders

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

To me alot is going to determine what was going on when these injuries were caused....If some guy is fighting me I am going to ram his head into a wall or beatthe piss out of him...no questions...

some of this i do not buy into that it is all at abu grahib... just to damn convientient.... so there's a couple of naked dudes hand cuffed.... hardly torture, humiliation if anything but not torture...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Also to point out, this is what 'They' decided to take pictures of, think of what they decided not to take pictures of... yeah, not a pretty mental image is it, now picture it a close relative, friend or family member, child. Didn't like that did you.

Flame me, but pictures are worth a thousand words.

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking. Psychological warfare say waterboarding or parading them around naked is one thing but actual physical harm starts to take it too a whole new level.

Of course he doesn't want the photo's released the water boarding argument would completely disappear because this is a blatant offense to the Geneva convention (which no country including the US has ever followed just a political stunt at the time of it's creation). A lot more questions would be brought up to Washington that they could not answer and are pry tired of shifting the communities blame every where but where it really belongs.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

reply to post by constantwonder

So as long as everyone else is doing it, it's justified?

Yeaaah... Riiight...

The LAW only applies when no one else is looking?

GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY CRIMINAL!

In my Country we have IDEALS. We have LAWS which uphold those ideals, and we have EXITS for people like you.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by HunkaHunka]

Dude you sound like one of those fanatic anti abortion types that blow stuff up. Or say ultra white groups in this country.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
but thats not all that happened, thats all they show us

theres def. more jails like this and prolly ten times worst

and i see this # as a distract tactic
-to incite rage in past admin
- make middle easterners mad to see this happen to there people and make them kill more soilders
- thus make us more ok with the war

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

It's good to know we can come to consensus, even if at first it's in violent agreement.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link. Advertising

4) Advertising: You will not advertise or promote other discussion boards, chat systems, online communities or other websites on ATS within posts, private messages, avatars or signatures without prior written permission from The Above Network, LLC. You will not choose a username that is the same as website domain, subdomain, or URL for which you are associated. Doing so will result in removal of your post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

[edit on 5/14/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

I understand that you are the OP of this thread and all that, but what exactly does your aforementioned assertion have anything whatsoever to do with the Original Topic at hand?

Probably nothing, however I was answering another poster who had question something I had posted early on in this thread, had you bothered to read it.

I respect the fact that you started this discussionary thread, but I would hate to witness a side-course take a tangent to the actual subject matter which you originally embarked upon.

Thank you for your concern, but my thread has strayed off topic several times, however, it has always found its way back on topic.

Threads which fall prey to such disorganization often result in nothing more than insults, confusion, and eventual closure.

I am assuming you are the thread police? Let me remind “you” that your post to me IS off topic, do you have anything you would like to discuss regarding my thread. (Here Are a Few of the Torture Photos Obama Doesn't Want You To See)

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Darkstormcrow is bringing up some valid points over on this thread.

[edit on 103131p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

Yawn!!!

Would you guys be screaming if these were photos that happened in our normal State Prisons? Much worse happens there and you don't scream "It's torture". Incarcerating bad people invariably results in things like this occurring.

An just for the record, everyone in our own prisons is innocent too.

Prisons are bad places for bad people. It's not that hard to fathom.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
im really confused at who was taking these pictures?...
i mean...with the past Abu Grahib (sp?) scandals and such, wouldnt it be reasonable to assume you shouldnt take photographic evidence of actual torture?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by Logarock

How true, Iraq attacking Kuwait and Israel, were definitely deplorable actions, And.... the western world punished Iraq astronomically.

some 15yrs later, after which he has never attacked nor built his armies up again, we decided to declare war, because he had somehow become a credible threat with his 50's era AAguns, his mortars, rpg's and Ak's...

the most advanced nation on the earth... yet, we couldn’t realize all our 'intel' was completely and utterly incorrect. More like we chose to 'say' that , and appear stupid. Better to be dumb, than responsible.

We went in for corporate goals, which means no matter what we do, we will forever be the invader of a sovereign nation.

Bringing democracy to them was nothing but a orchestrated 'official line'
And a fool uses it as his reasoning, because he has obviously been fooled.

If we were there for democracy, why are the people attacking us?

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Agit8dChop]

I can't believe you actually believe that tripe about WMDs. We DID find them, in fact, we SOLD them to them. They just were not nuclear, but chem/bio weapons. And they were using them on the Kurds, ostensibly by Saddam. Saddam claimed to be a Christian, just like Adolph Hitler did, but why go after nonMuslims except perhaps political expediency. Not that he ever gave a rip what the public thought.
Reason for invasion? Not revealed, and some claim it is over a StarGate buried in the tunnels lacing Iraq.
People attacking us? Do you know any Iraqi's? Seems like most want us there precisely as those in the welcoming committee did after the short war. Just not the extremists running the mosques. And their subversive allies such as yourself...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gregarious

I can't believe you actually believe that tripe about WMDs. We DID find them, in fact, we SOLD them to them. They just were not nuclear, but chem/bio weapons. And they were using them on the Kurds, ostensibly by Saddam. Saddam claimed to be a Christian, just like Adolph Hitler did, but why go after nonMuslims except perhaps political expediency. Not that he ever gave a rip what the public thought.
Reason for invasion? Not revealed, and some claim it is over a StarGate buried in the tunnels lacing Iraq.
People attacking us? Do you know any Iraqi's? Seems like most want us there precisely as those in the welcoming committee did after the short war. Just not the extremists running the mosques. And their subversive allies such as yourself...

Some research will show that there was ample evidence that the Iraqis were involving themselves in the nuclear game long before the invasion. That fact being common knowledge is why there was very little resistance for making war on WMD grounds. Many want to conveniently forget all this now.

Saddam's use of SCUDs was something that was a large large red flag his previous actions combined. He should have been taken out.

They say that terrorist groups didn't operate in Iraq but Saddam was like a large type terrorist, a pillager, a torturer, a mass murder. To heck with him.

On the waterboarding witch hunt... many coming out against it really dont care beyond its usefulness politically. The same guys that took out Saddam and his torturing and killing sons are now under fire as if water boarding is on par with their behavior.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Logarock]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
It's kindof sad... we spent millions of dollars just to decide if we should impeach clinton for a blowjob

yet.. we are sweeping bush/cheney under the rug, with evidence like this

and even worse, all the republicans in congress & the senate during those years should be serving prison time right along with both of them

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I've got about 5 posts down this page and I'm seeing absolute BS posts already.

All this torture crap is not one sided, we are NOT as bad as they are, have you seen the videos of people that are welcoming troops in the streets? So they're not all blaming us for killing all their women and children.. bit sensationalized that is ain't it...

I cannot for the life of me remember where I read a quote where an American captain had arranged $50,000 for a women that ran a hospice for children in Iraq, and he'd done all the work off his own back.

You won't get JACK off them, other than beheading journalists brutally with blunt saws, kicking and beating the living sh!t out of our troops that they've captured. What do we do in comparison? Use 'torture' techniques to try and obtain information.... there's no comparison to be made is there.

I don't care if they blow themselves up at the side of a road but not to our people, for their sick blood lust, they show such animalistic hatred for anyone but their own.

You see Iraqi's being dunked in water and that's about as far as it goes.

Have people honestly already forgotten about the poor bastards like Ken Bigley?

Act like an animal... and you get f***ing put down like one

[edit on 15-5-2009 by ItsallCrazy]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsallCrazy

Methinks you are still missing the point of LAW.

LAW says that it doesn't matter if you act like an Animal or not. You still get basic human rights no matter how much of a monster you are.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Do you not think that people who behave in such a way forfeit their human rights for what they've done?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I've seen it posted before, but it has not appeared to stick. Let my try a different approach:

These pictures are from Abu Ghraib. As far as I can tell, this was an isolated event. It was self-contained and none of the administration at the time had any control over what was happening there, nor did they know, most likely. There ARE times when isolated events happen, and when the rest of us, as a whole, suffer from it. From this, I have two statements:

1) Has anyone heard of the Zimbardo Stanford Prison Experiment? It's a classic case study, conducted in 1971. Dr. Zimbardo came up with an experiment to conduct with "average" people, that have no known psychological conditions or anything to make them "sadistic" or "submissive." They were a random group of college students, randomly sorted into the "prisoner" and "guard" groups. There was no prerequisite for being in either group, and it was done completely randomly. A "prison" was then constructed, and the "prisoners" were told they could leave whenever they want to, they were not actually being held captive. The "guards," after not too long, started getting more and more sadistic. These average college students were turning into the type of person we saw at Abu Ghraib. The kind of person no one thought they could or would become. Dr. Zimbardo had to call the experiment off because the guards were getting too heavy with their actions, and even more bizarre, the prisoners did not want to leave of their own free will. For those of you who think you'd never do anything like what happened at Abu Ghraib, think again. Am I excusing it? Hell no. It was wrong, and it was completely barbaric, but it was also just that ONE incident.

2) Show me proof that this happened anywhere else but Abu Ghraib. Show me some photos of this nature with soldiers in ACUs, not DCUs (which were no longer authorized for wear about 4 years ago).

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

reply to post by ItsallCrazy

Methinks you are still missing the point of LAW.

LAW says that it doesn't matter if you act like an Animal or not. You still get basic human rights no matter how much of a monster you are.

I would actually go so far to say as your point is invalid, as LAW can take away your basic human rights very easily, no matter how much of a monster you are. Wouldn't being held captive in a max security prison with no contact with the outside world, solitary confinement, etc, be taking away your human rights? Wouldn't that be considered torture of sorts? What about the death sentence? Capital punishment? Isn't that depriving you of your human rights in the worst way possible?

I think you should revise your statement.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join