It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking The Universe--It Works

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
we can differ on this easy but i shall point out one thing that is important

what made you? My parents. Sperm and Egg.

do you know? can you understand what it is your function is? My function is to Live.

be for you came here you was what? Nothing, I did not Exist.

when you leave what will you become? Nothing, I will not exist.

do you see what i am doing, im using logic to help others understand how silly and futile it is to ask why > Not at all. If you take a reductionist argument, as I have above. Nothing is futile.

You see there is different levels of questions > Define these Levels...seems to me that when you say level, you are implying there are some of "higher" levels...how is this possible?

You are an answer "your body" your mind on the other hand is a question it has to be in order for you to function and give answers to the very thing that created you > This can be argued. My body and mind are a product of evolution. My mind is always seeking external stimuli because that is how we developed. Those humans whose brains did not do this were too stagnant and died.

would that not be logical? to be an answer to a question > Logical to us yes, WE ASK QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS REQUIRE ANSWERS. Otherwise there is no meaning to language. WE CREATE LOGIC.

I mean considering you ask makes my point valid does it not? Thats like me saying when you breathe, you are breathing to keep "IT" alive. Because you breathe, that makes my point valid does it not?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

nice how you took all my sentence out of context and used it to further your own questions

Levels of questions ..

Science

Why your are here

take your pick

And in order to exist one would require what? Nothing? now no offense but that is a silly thing to say

what word would you use to describe be for you was born?

same as death? or was you NOTHING? when in order to get something one would require something

LOGICAL

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

WE CREATE LOGIC.

really? that's very funny

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

But it is true... Logic is based on a goal, and since there is no absolute goal, there is no absolute logic.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
reply to post by Toughiv

nice how you took all my sentence out of context and used it to further your own questions
... how?
Levels of questions ..

Science Still havent answered my question in regards to levels...

Why your are here No sense in asking why...that IMPLIES there is a reason.

take your pick

And in order to exist one would require what? Nothing? now no offense but that is a silly thing to say Didnt say this. I exist because of my atoms being joined as they are. I am a biological machine. Prove this wrong.

what word would you use to describe be for you was born? Why would I even attempt to describe something like this...please. I simply did not exist.

same as death? or was you NOTHING? when in order to get something one would require something As i said, sperm and egg.

LOGICAL
???

Thanks! Brad.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

Try not to take such a narrow view of it...

Helps

and i did answer the question you asked about different levels of question

What Why Who When How

Just a few

What one stands out more than any?

ill give you a clue "infinity"

oh and the little sperm egg thing, well you did not tell me what made it did you?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

well the absolute goal is for you to be here is it not?

or you would not be

Logical?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I am taking a narrow view on purpose. SAvenger. What made the sperm and the egg? My parents bodies did. Its a process involving various proteins, carborhydrates, RNA etc.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

The goal is to "be" and to continue to "be" for as long as possible. There is no goal, as soon as you say there is a goal you are saying that you are here to achieve that goal.

Everything just "is", there is no who, what, when, how or why about it. As soon as we do that, we are putting logic into the situation. We create the patterns and trends.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

no you are miss understanding it

To be here was the goal or you would not be here would you? or do you think humans are the only form of life

Bit strange

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Toughiv

no you are miss understanding it

To be here was the goal or you would not be here would you? or do you think humans are the only form of life

Bit strange

Why does there have to be a goal at all? We are goaless.

No i do not think we are the only life form. That would be idiotic.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

so would that not mean YOU / LIFE

was the end result?

of a logical outcome ?

Or do you think the function of life is pointless in the universe? i mean that is really strange do you not think?

that is like saying the ingredients that make a cake are just as pointless as the cake

?

[edit on 4-6-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

well the absolute goal is for you to be here is it not?

or you would not be

Logical?

Not at all, that would be a relative goal. One relevant to the genes I carry.

Whether or not I am here, is not so much a goal as it is a phenomenon. It's not something which has to be fought for or against consciously, it is something which just is.

Any projection of right/wrong desire/fear onto existence is nothing more than the anthropomorphizing that is the result of egoic forces. These themselves, once again with their root in our genetics. I have no evidence objective or subjective which intimates that it goes any further than my genes.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

We cannot assume there is a reason behind anything.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

Exactly my point.

Symmetric... I understand where you are coming from. Your points are very similar to my own a few years back. But if I may... If you meet the Buddha on the road... Kill Him.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Symmetric I actually agree with you that there is a purpose behind everything. Im just being argumentative. Showing that you way isnt necessarily the right way.

Cheers

Brad

(dont want to offend, thought i should say why im being argumentative
)

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

lol

I just come at it from a different point.. you see its not we do not have and all is just is

This does not make any sens even to me!

You see most people confuse LIFE with being human and the daily roles when in fact that is backwards

its like saying gravity has no role to play on earth, well if that was the case we would not have any gravity correct?

everything that makes your body work and function is needed

LIFE it self Is needed or it would not be here in the first place would it?

To be just IS would require something to make that IS possible correct?

This is my point life and death are both the same thing

in order to be born requires you not be here or you would always be here right?

In order to have death one would need to have been born

I only this because i died in my sleep and i did not come back the same person i left

[edit on 4-6-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

I knew what you was doing thats why you didnt get a responce

But your case was made for a reason everything is all in order

even when it seems it not it is hehe

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

To be "is" does not require anything to be. It just is. You have two states of existence. Either there is existence or there isnt, neither require anything else. You believe they do because this Universe is Cause and Effect. Imagine Life and both the Cause and the Effect.

If you try and say IT is the cause, then what caused IT? Most people then try to ask that God/ IT was the "unmoved mover", that is not a valid argument as it holds no more weight than the Universe being the Unmoved Mover.

Cheers

Also, not everything in our body provides a function, the appendix? ...This is due to evolution. As for gravity it does not have a reason, it just is an effect of Mass. We wouldnt be here if it werent gravity, true. That does not mean gravity is through design, it just means it happened to be this way,

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I too have had similar experiences as you mention...

Yet, I still see your viewpoints as being goal centric.

Everything is completely dynamic.

Now, every once in a while, there are things thrown into the river of dynamic stuff.

When you throw a branch into a river, it diverts the river, and creates form within the flow of the river. And yes, that branch must remain in the river in order for that form in the flow of the river to continue, but that doesn't mean that the branch was thrown in the river for a purpose. It's simply the ground from which the form of the newly diverted river has it's existence.

Now, someone comes along and removes the branch from that river. And the form of the river may change drastically back to where it was before, or may even do so over time, but it's still not a goal oriented process.

There is no purpose to anything under heaven, only confluences which make certain phenomena more likely under those conditions than at other times.

And an egoic consciousness which interprets this phenomena to mean something relative to it's own existence.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join