It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking The Universe--It Works

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Alright then,

I've been wanting to write about this for a little while now, but didn't quite know how well it would be received here on ATS. Now this is not in association with the Secret or any other BS money grabbing idea.

The idea that, as human beings we project our own realities to me is a fundemental one. Each action creates a reaction which in term leads to another action and so on.

Usually humans will go about their lives simply living in the moment, deciding that we are not in control of fate or the mundane activities we go through and experience every day.

I think that at the core, this idea prevents us from moving upward in the evolutionary as well as the spiritual hierarchy of the universe. In order to truly be humans, in order to truly enjoy our experience here, however short or long it might be, we must embrace our realities and attempt to change them when possible to create a more positive environment.

Mind you I am only at the early phases of testing my theory, I've been doing it for about 2 years now with my calculations I get about 32% success rate. Here is how it works.

I'm a very avid spiritualist, I meditate 2 sometimes 3 times a day if I am really troubled and searching for an answer. Lately I've decided that instead of conversing with my inner self, I take a few moments to converse with the Universe itself.

Being a child of this universe, I'm thinking I have the right to give it suggestions or ask for certain things to get done on my behalf. Simple requests, for good days, good weather, perhaps some guidance with my children.

Anyway, I have been asking the universe a single favor, every day for 2 years give or take a few months. Everyday a different thing, but all things I want to happen in that specific day.

I wonder have any other ATS members ever asked the universe for something and got it? As far as my experience goes this works wonderfully, even if only 30% of the time.

What say you ATS?

~Keeper

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I do the same thing....but I call it prayer.

www.topical-bible-studies.org...

Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Matthew 18:19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

Luke 11:9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

John 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

If you are having results, imagine how much better those results would be if instead of asking the universe for something if you instead asked the creator of the universe for it?

[edit on 9-5-2009 by RRconservative]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Lol I'm not entirely sure it's in the same field as asking the Universe every day for something specific....

Parking my car. This is something that can aggravate me - not quite road rage but frustration, until I realised that parking your car as close as possible to a door was not like winning some kind of competition - I have legs and walking isn't that hard.

However, if I am in an almighty rush for some reason and time is of the essence then before I leave, and then on the subsequent drive to my destination I am asking the universe for a close park as soon as I arrive. I visualise seeing myself parking the car almost immediately upon arrival. If I expect it to be a busy day I ask for synchronicity so that upon my arrival I will see someone pulling out at the right oppourtunity.

It sounds utterly ridiculous, but if I had to assign a percentage of success rate based on my experience, I would go with 80%.

I'm still waiting for my five hundred billion dollars to land in my bank account tax free.... if I'm going to dream about getting money, I'll dream big - that way I know I'll have enough to take care of all the people I know, and still have enough for my secret Santa dream....

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Ah, as much as you I appreciate the comment RR, this is not a religiously inclined threat, nor do I want it to be.

My views on religion and the creator are a little askew as far as yours go, I don't want this thread turning into a screaming match.

And just so you know I think the universe IS the creator of everything, I don't believe in invisible people in the sky friend, I am sorry.

In my opinion prayer is something we do when we are worshipping or have no other options left. I ASK things, I do not hope or expect anything out of it, it's a a simple spiritual exercise, not related to religion in any form.

But I appreciate the response however, thank you.

~Keeper

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by azurecara

No that sounds about right my friend, simple little things we ask for and receive. I invite you to try not asking and see what kind of percentage you receive that way.

~Keeper

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Definately don't want a shouting match either.

But the idea of asking a higher power for guidance or "favors" is nothing new. It just so happens that you look to the universe and I look to the creator of the universe. Realizing that there is something bigger than ourselves out there is comforting, and enlightening no matter how you look at it!

[edit on 9-5-2009 by RRconservative]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Oh of course. I definetly see what you are getting at, and I am not trying to say that my views are better than yours in any case.

I'm simply at odds with the creator given to us by institutions such as the Vatican among others. I'd rather believe in an everlasting life force that binds us all together.

I see far too many discrepencies in what is said in scripture, to what I experience in my everyday meditations as well as my dreams.

But yes, it is a comforting thing, to know we are not alone, wether it be spiritualy or wordly.

~Keeper

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Asking the Universe, the Creator, or as I prefer, The All, for our hearts desire or our day to day needs is one thing. But what of giving thanks and praise? Not only when we see our requests granted, but every time we commune?

tothetenthpower, do you also give thanks and if so, have you measured any outcomes? If so, how does this compare with the 30% success rate you have experienced with your requests?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

Thanks is not required my friend. I am shapping my OWN reality remember, this is why the idea of a creator seems false to me and which is why I call it the Universe.

You see the universe is un-biased, it really doesn't care whether you ask or not, making the EFFORT to ask is what gets me what I want I find.

To give an example, I wake up in the morning and have an hour meditation session, in the summer about 5 am to watch the sun come up outside on our dock.

I will ask the Universe for a day filled with good news and a surprise. Now simply projecting that thought, the idea of that happening, I automatically are more inclined to having such a day.

The universe interprets my needs and gives back accordingly, equal to the ammount of effort I put into asking. There is no need to praise or thank, because I am not "praying", or "askin" a single sentient entity who controls all, I am asking the multiple different universes and tangeants of reality for a specific path to be taken on a specific day.

That may have been a bit confusing, but I hope you understand what I am trying to get across.

Edit To Add; Actually upon further pondering, I will usually smirk and think to myself "thank you Universe" whenever something really great happens, but I don't do it on a daily basis or make a point for it to be done.

~Keeper

[edit on 5/9/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The sad reality is that the universe will not answer any of your questions "favors"

that is the biggest mistake ever. you see what you have to understand is the universe is a big huge question..

it does not give answers to you or me.. but it does allow you to ask yourself what meaning you have and that is all

God is the question and the answer was life or one side of it so to speak, its better not to ask but to do it yourself "get off your rear and make it happen" or it wont happen.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Of course I give thanks! Upon the receiving of the fortuitous car parking space I am saying "Oh thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!" with heartfelt gratitude!!

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

Ahh, thats sad friend.

You think you are not the same as everybody else? Do you think yourself apart from the universe? As a unique person, to which nobody else is the same?

That's the problem, we are all one with everything, every being has it's place, and yes the Universe will answer you, not out of wanting to, but out of you "making" it happen.

You could insert the word God, Aunt Jemima, GI Joe, when asking it really doesn't matter, there is no need to call it the universe. But manifesting your desires, thinking them aloud and projecting them upon your reality, is what really gets things done.

Don't be fooled into thinking you are powerless and just another peon.

~Keeper

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mostlyspoons

Why don't you ask it yourself?

It's the only way it works, but as per your reply you are a skeptic of this idea I assume?

In any case, try it, see how it works for you, what's the worse that can happen?

~Keeper

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Great thread my friend.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The veil over our conscience is pretty heavy. The manipulation on our conscience is omnipresent. The problem with spirituality is that it causes domination over our conscience.

The hierachy in this local universe is all about the consciousness level. The higher the consciousness, the less manipulation we're subjected to.

As many others have said, all the answers are within, not out there in the universe. We are, in this physical experiment, subject to domination, or in other words, subject to a program (astrological). That program (life plan) is dominated and controlled by the high speres of the astral world.

When awareness starts, closely followed by the rise of consciousness, then another program (another life plan) is activated, but this one is not controlled by the higher authorities of the astral world. That program is from what some would call the light, or the source if you prefer. This program enables direct communication to our higher mental plane, our cosmic double, who oversees our evolution.

The friction between the 2 life plans produces suffering, at the mental level. That is what is called "initiation", or to be more precise, "the solar initiation". (not to be confused with spiritual enlightenment) It is by this process that a new human race will emerge on this planet (the 6th race).

On the other hand, you cannot remove spirituality from humans, because it is useful for some of them. It plays a very important role in this physical experiment of the souls on this planet. The process to solar initiation only starts when the soul has enough experience.

When consciousness is achieved, you can start to create your own life plan, either in the physical realm or in other dimensions. You have the tools to create whatever you need to accomplish whatever you need to do.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lagenese

I definetly feel the way you feel as well my friend, I thank you for bringing that perspective to the conversation.

~Keeper

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Im sorry i think you miss read my post

Feel free to check out my threads and im sure you will understand what im talking about

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Just an honest question: How did the Universe come into existance? Are you saying it created itself?

I think people categorize the spirituality the Bible promotes into the corrupt worldly religions, when in fact, the Holy Bible is the most real, universal spirituality inspring book you can read, in my opinion.

You have to remove all the doubt and corruption from your mind, which you will easily pick up from listening to what the major world religions teach you about "worship" and "God" (Catholic Church), and take in what the Bible says in it's purest form.

And not to offend or start arguements, but who are you to tell RRconservative not to share his pesonal "meditation" techniques with you, when you yourself are sharing yours with us? Are we only allowed to reply to your topic if we share the same belief as you?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Gdc934

The universe was created by a moment in time that IT was not aware of .. "aka god" or whatever

It was created.. but its not a THING you can ask.. why? well its someone asking a question.

It gets bigger the more you ask correct? do you think we will ever get the answer to something we do not even understand?

Simple anwer is NO.. you can not ask a question a question it leads to infinity!

and you wonder why we have that word? stop asking why and you will soon find out ; )

We live in a physical representation of a question

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join