It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking The Universe--It Works

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

1) I could argue that "Malevonent and Benevolent" are again personal perspectives, which is part of the illusion...
Or, I could argue that certain levels of the astral are part of the illusion aswell... maybe the beginstage of the afterlife is part of the illusion...

2) Why don't you take it to the test? Ask something, something small to begin with, but something that is unmistakable... like a 4 leaf clover, an ankh, strawberries or ladybugs... (My 10 year old daughter tested with ladybugs and she saw dozens.... )
Pick whatever you choose, ask for it and see for yourself if it works for you or not (and don't forget to report to us, lol)

btw, what is "tought" then, where does it come from? Why do we even have thoughts?

3) who is to say that our souls are 'inside' our bodies, they might as well be somewhere completely else and merely have a connection to our brain, creating the illusion that we are inside the body.... who knows?

I see where you are coming from about the whole illusion thing. Believe me I really do. Ive been trying to actually define evil and good and to be honest i cannot. But to me there seems to exist a scale of actions. You do get good people and bad people. I know you might argue its just perspective, but i believe there are actions that are intrinsically good, for example genuinely helping an old lady cross the road, not because it makes you feel good, but because it is part of you to want to help those that might need help. See what im trying to get at?

I will test it, but i feel it really is just part of your subconcious. i.e. the lady bugs have always been there, its just subconciously you are focusing for them and so notice them more frequently. If i asked for ladybirds for example, if i found like 10 all next to eachother on my windowsill in the next few days I might agree with you because it isnt typical for 10 ladybirds to be on my windowsill...

As for thought, i believe that is the nature of the brain. Your mind is constantly searching for external stimulus, deep down you could argue that your soul is desperately trying to establish connections to this reality to assert you exist, always trying to answer "who am i?".

Finally, in response to the soul question. You are correct, it is a connection to our brain. The mind and body are not two different things, like many people try to exert. The reason why I do not agree with the mind/body dualistic view is that our mind is supposed to be our conciousness, then how is it, that our perspective to the world around us is determined by our hydration level, tiredness etc.

I feel the soul is on the journey of life. Experiences within this illusion is what enrichens our being. Learning values, then trying to live by them. That spark behind choice is where our soul comes into play. Choice is also, to a point predetermined by social values, expected actions perceived by others etc. I do not believe most people make the most of their free will. I think when faced with any choice, we should stop, think, weigh it up and then try to be the "best we feel we are" if you understand where im coming from. Once we become a slave to how we "feel", "cant be bothered" and so on, our free will is inhibited. We can always overcome whether or not we "feel" to do it. Unless starved of energy etc. Because overall we are a perfect balance of body and mind (soul), we cannot force what our body cannot do. For example, i havent eaten for 5 days, im not going to be able to do a full body workout by merely willing myself to do it.

Life is about balance. Ensuring we maintain a health body and mind, through nutrition, growing through knowledge etc.

Let me know what you think ^^ Appreciate your views GypsyK

Brad

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

Hey Brat,
I also understand where you are coming from and I'm not saying that my belief system is an absolute truth, because I honestly don't know the whole truth about how it all works.

I took a longand intense journey to get to the point where I am now, all I can say is that I'm glad I got here.
You may not believe it, but my spiritual path began with studying the occult and a few years later, satanism.
After that I studied organized religion, I got stuck in Buddhism for a few years.... Later on I practiced Wicca. And I even was a member of a dark cultisch group for 4 years, I truely believed that the 'light' would cause spiritual death, as it would absorbe me untill I seized to exist, and I was prepared to give up everything and everyone to prevent that.... pretty messed up group...
I guess I never could get used to all the rules and ritual that all the above have, none of them offered freedom and it wasn't satisfying.
After that I turned into a more eclectic path, using what worked for me and excluding everything else. And it was from that moment on that I started to think for myself when it comes to spirituality, that's what lead me to the point where I am now....

I guess that in the end we are all going towards the same point, each in his own way and with his own experiences... I hope we do

As for you, balance is good, if you feel your on the right track then that is good, just trust your instincts more then your physical senses

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

You are a friend ^^
and if u ever get some time, id love to talk about everything and anything

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I didnt read what others said about this but i think you do the right thing and im sure you live with harmony. I allways did that asking and thanking to the creation or univers, i always got what i wanted, i never asked for material things just positive energy same energy i try to give back to it.
Well some times i ask to win the lottery

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Gloster

Haha, unfortunetly the lottery is not governed by the laws of the Universe, it's governed by man, and you can't ask man for anything these days and expect a good outcome

Not without giving half your fortune away I suppose

~Keeper

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Gloster

Haha, unfortunetly the lottery is not governed by the laws of the Universe, it's governed by man,

Haha, fortunately man is governed by the laws of the universe.

and you can't ask man for anything these days and expect a good outcome

You can ask and expect whatever you want.
Though you probably will get what you expect or something tangibly related.

Not without giving half your fortune away I suppose
~Keeper

Well that's just fine if you don't have much of a fortune anyways.

Most of my fortune is in happiness, awareness, love and freedom.
I love to give that a-way to spread to others.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Those that do honestly believe that asking the Universe works. Please do this for me, ask for something that could notcome about by normal means. I.e., ask to see 15 squirrels all sitting on your fence next to eachother.

15 squirrels on a fence, all next to one another. Now thats something I have never seen in my whole life, but it is a possibility. If this works, if you ask and it happens. I will believe you. However, I want a photo

Brad

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

If you really wanted to, you could probably achieve it.
Especially if you fed squirrels or had them as pets.

Where there is a will there is a way.

Only you can prove something to yourself.
We and our beliefs are all optional.

You can choose to accept or believe what you find useful for you.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by lowki

lowki, i think you hit the nail on the head there.

We believe what is useful / supportive to us.

So then...what is truth?

Brad

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

the truth is not to ask

: )

understand that and you will find what u are and your role in IT ; )

happy people dont ask they understand they dont question "alot"

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

To me that is just an unjustified response. What does it mean to be happy? To flourish? To fulfill ones potential? What?!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toughiv
reply to post by lowki

So then...what is truth?

Brad

The truth is that you create your own reality, whatever you want truth to be is truth, at least in this dimension.... anything beyond that, you either won't find out in this lifetime or your brain won't comprehend it... or not fully

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
The truth is that you create your own reality

Yep.

I actually like to think of "the truth" as a big luminous sphere consisting of an infinite number of faces of "truths" that are all equally important and vital, because I'm weird like that.

That we create our own reality is certainly a truth, though here on this gross physical plane it manifests more slowly than it would on mental planes, or "higher," etc. In those places, what you think immediately manifests, just like in your dreams, because there is not much difference.

Another truth I've found is that love unites things while fear and ignorance divides things. Integration (love) and analysis/division (fear/ignorance) are the two expanding/contracting principles that keep the universe we see in perpetual motion. Just like the Yin/Yang. Fear and ignorance destroy while love rebirths.

Another truth is that everything is an illusion. This is from an even "higher" or more like "closer to the center" truth that even sees the yin/yang duality as an illusion, that both "sides" are played by the same primordial, essential thing, the formless form, substanceless substance, etc. that everything we see is modeled after and yet can never be fully expressed. Just like you can't know what a composer is going to write next just because you know everything he's written so far, so is the transcendental Absolute reflected in everything and yet fully comprehended by none of it.

There are lots of truths I wouldn't even be able to remember, in ancient texts like the Tao te Ching, or the Bhagavad Gita, or the Kybalion, all should have links in my signature.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

and another truth is that everyone is 'right' in his own perspective... all truths are true and usefull to the individual. Doesn't that make life intersting?

Yesterday my kid was watching a movie while I was bussy on the computer. I wasn't paying attention to the movie, only this sentence spoken by an Eskimo: "no matter how life treats you, remember you are exactly where your supposed to be"..... sentences like that seem to jump out of the radio and the tv lately and they always make me smile

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
One simple way of asking the universe is by flipping a coin. It works the same as tarot cards do, the symbols and images reflect your subconscious or higher self. With a coin, you can just ask your question (a yes or no question) and then say to the coin "heads is yes, tails is no, I will flip 3 times, best 2 out of 3 answer wins". If you do this sincerely and flip the coin three times, the answer from your higher self or the universe will manifest in the result. Try it, but do it in privacy and with sincerity, not to try to prove anything. The universe will give you your answers.

Or use the tarot cards if you want more elaborate answers.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by WWu777
One simple way of asking the universe is by flipping a coin. It works the same as tarot cards do, the symbols and images reflect your subconscious or higher self. With a coin, you can just ask your question (a yes or no question) and then say to the coin "heads is yes, tails is no, I will flip 3 times, best 2 out of 3 answer wins". If you do this sincerely and flip the coin three times, the answer from your higher self or the universe will manifest in the result. Try it, but do it in privacy and with sincerity, not to try to prove anything. The universe will give you your answers.

I find it funny that you are saying this like you really believe it
and next
try to debunk the whole idea here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I find it funny that you are saying this like you really believe it
and next
try to debunk the whole idea here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

W: Using divination techniques to get answers from the "cosmic consciousness" is not the same as believing that your thoughts can manipulate reality and manifest material objects like Q on Star Trek The Next Generation.

Where is the contradiction in that?

Asking valid questions about something that doesn't add up, doesn't mean that I can't see the a value in divination techniques.

And even if I believed that thoughts created reality, how come I can walk into a wall believing it's not there, but still bump my head? When I was a kid, amusement parks had these glass mazes where you couldn't see the glass and if you thought it wasn't there but it was, you'd bump your head. It was painful, not fun. How do you explain that?

[edit on 23-5-2009 by WWu777]

[edit on 23-5-2009 by WWu777]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

hm I don't think anyone said anything about materializing objects.
I wrote my opinions on that on the other thread you started.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

reply to post by WWu777

hm I don't think anyone said anything about materializing objects.
I wrote my opinions on that on the other thread you started.

W: Maybe you didn't say anything about that. But some New Age gurus do. Wayne Dyer believes that whatever you think manifests into your reality. And that whatever you are afraid of manifests as well. So basically, everything that happens to you is your fault and your choice because you are in full control of your reality.

Do you agree with that?

Does that mean if I watch a horror movie, and get scared, that the monsters or villains in it will manifest in objective reality? What if I watch Friday the 13th over and over again? Will fearing Jason bring him out into objective reality?

Where are the limitations on thought creates reality? When people say "you create your reality" they act as though thoughts were all powerful. Are they or not? Where do you draw the line? The New Agers never draw any line.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

W: Maybe you didn't say anything about that. But some New Age gurus do. Wayne Dyer believes that whatever you think manifests into your reality. And that whatever you are afraid of manifests as well. So basically, everything that happens to you is your fault and your choice because you are in full control of your reality.

Do you agree with that?

Does that mean if I watch a horror movie, and get scared, that the monsters or villains in it will manifest in objective reality? What if I watch Friday the 13th over and over again? Will fearing Jason bring him out into objective reality?

Where are the limitations on thought creates reality? When people say "you create your reality" they act as though thoughts were all powerful. Are they or not? Where do you draw the line? The New Agers never draw any line.

nope I don't agree with Wayne Dyer. If that was possible we had streets filled with dinosaurs and worst nightmares come to life.

Like I said, I believe that creating is bringing the things you want on your life-path, but to do that, they must already exist AND you must be able to recognize it. It's attracting what you want not materializing objects. The only thing we can create out of nothing are our thougths, and they lead to inventions (creations) and they lead to more creations.....

On the other hand, i do believe that a great deal of what happens to us is our own creation. In every situation you have a choice, one path to take out of hundreds of posibilities. It's you that chooses and it's you that takes the responsibility for your choices.
And that sounds harsh, I know that... others have discussed that earlier on this thread

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join