It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking The Universe--It Works

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Yes you are making sense, and i can appreciate where your coming from, duality is subjective, I get that. However, I wouldnt expect it to be any other way.

What im trying to get at, is whether it is subjective or not, duality exists for everybody. Happiness and Sadness exist for everybody, no matter the parameters, they still are there.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by blujay

hi Blujay,
I get what your saying, and as you, I became very carefull in what I ask for... there is so much truth in the saying "be carefull what you wish for".
One time my kid was going on a schooltrip for a week, it was payed for, but deep inside I felt fear because she never went away from home, alone, for so long. I feared that something might happen or she would need me and I wouldn't be there. I guess I did ask for her to be able to stay home. The day she was supposed to leave on the trip she woke up with a high fever.... I felt so guilty afterwards. This and some more things that didn't work out right....

After that I spend the next 6 months being angry at the Universe, I thought it was a sarcastic b!tch and I felt as if it was laughing at me while seeing me mess things up with my little 'creations'. I felt so frustrated, before, life just went on, then I got the knowledge described in this topic and I realized that life would never be as I perceived it before...

I came to my senses though, evaluated things, had lots and lots of inner conversations and now I'm good with it again.
Mostly now, when I ask for something, it's more in the form of guidance, a hint on the direction to take, etc.... not cloths and money like we mentioned in the above posts (or not often, lol).
still, I don't feel guilty for asking and neither should you
. Guild is something you have when YOU believe you did something wrong, there is no right or wrong when it comes to the Universe.
Of course, we are still responsible for our own actions and the outcome of that

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toughiv
reply to post by GypsK

Yes you are making sense, and i can appreciate where your coming from, duality is subjective, I get that. However, I wouldnt expect it to be any other way.

What im trying to get at, is whether it is subjective or not, duality exists for everybody. Happiness and Sadness exist for everybody, no matter the parameters, they still are there.

yes, they are implemented in the matrix, hehe

Ok, I get what your saying and of course you are right, everyone experiences duality, no one has an other choice then to live with it, even if only to be able to live within a society or give reason to our experiences....
but only on the material plain.
Have you ever encountered duality on a spiritual level? And I mean "spiritual", not "religious". I also don't mean the thoughts you create to make sense of the spiritual, but the pure experience itsself.... think about it

I can honestly say I don't.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Thanks, GypsK. Yes, I've had many experiences in 'watching what you wish for.' Before, I chalked it up to dumb luck. If I had only known!

I am much more aware of my thoughts at all times now, as I am very aware that thought are things, creations.

Have you ever had an inner struggle, in the sense of asking/praying for something, then in the same instant another little voice will say something like, ' good luck with that ' or ' ha, yea, pipe dream ' Not sure if I'm explaining it right. If I were asking for a day filled with good luck and a surprise, as the OP stated, and a little but in voice will try to nudge in and sabatoge the positivity. I read the Law of One a lot, and in there it is mentioned that our thoughts are constantly being manipulated. I believe this to be true. But now, with the knowing of this, I can try to over shadow the negative voice, and sort of shine a light at it. With practice I am learning to put that other voice in it's rightful place.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by blujay

hehe yeah, I got that aswell

just start a conversation with the sabotaging voice, explain "why" you are asking for it and why you really need it, how it could benefit your life and have the other voice to agree with you.... no worries, as long as you don't tell anyone, no one will say your schizo, lol
It's kinda fun to observe your inner conversations!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Funny how we start sounding so crazy when we finally come to our senses!

Line # 2

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

This other voice is just another side of your conciousness, designed to keep you in your comfort zone. This is all psychology.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

reply to post by GypsK

This other voice is just another side of your conciousness, designed to keep you in your comfort zone. This is all psychology.

I am fully aware of that

btw, psychology is not an exact science either
some would call the inner voice the intuition-voice, some call it their guidance-voice....
but of course, psychology has a perfectly logic explenation of it, which is merely a theory

[edit on 15/5/2009 by GypsK]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

Psychology seems far too 'human' to describe all that goes on inside and behind the scenes. Sure I could have settled for that simple answer, but once you travel down certain roads, you leave 'psychology' far behind.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay

Please state ONE of these "certain" roads. Thanks

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

"Wisdom is learnt from past mistakes. Balance is key to life. Learn of your mind & body to discover your soul."
(I used your signature)

When I started looking into my mind & body, I began to uncover my soul.
Spirituality is the road I am intending. My search has led me in cirlces. My research has led me in circles. All the while, though I have been learning. And what I have finally come to learn is that All begins and ends in mystery.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by blujay]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Please state ONE of these "certain" roads. Thanks

THIS one.

Who were the people who collectively invented psychological theory in the first place? THOSE roads.

That light traveling to your eyes is another "road" that doesn't need psychology.

I mean no offense or to come off as arrogant in any way, but think about it. Science consists of people figuring stuff out, for other people to understand better. Those people don't need science, they MAKE science. These are their roads. The individual doesn't need science, only this same sense of personal responsibility.

"The lips of wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding"

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Great discussion. I would like to share the wisdom of Greeg Braden. He was the first person I heard speak of prayer being most powerful as feeling. Visualizing the reality you want to create. He explains that prayer is at it's most powerful when you feel and imagine the out come and believe the universe will deliver. He explains asking for something is like saying to the universe that it does not already exist. All possibilities exist at any given moment. "Ask and you shale receive" should read "Feel, visualize and believe and you shale receive" When I first heard heard him speak I knew for me..... this was the missing peace of the puzzle.

Here is a link to Gregg Braden-" The Science of Miracles"

Enjoy!

(7 parts)

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Eyesa2diffcolors

Thanks for that link, I never heard of him but gonna take a look at the vid later when I have more time.

I also felt like this was the missing piece of the puzzle when i first came across this. The thing is, I have over a hundred books about the occult, spirituality, philosophy, etc.... a collection of years. In a lot of them this theory is described and I never noticed it while I read them years ago. I must have read it back then but can't remember it. Now I think OMG how could I have missed that?? lol

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Right, two things:

1) Have I encountered duality on a spiritual level? Yes. Malevonent and Benevolent. Two ways in which the soul perceives itself. It is the most important, or others are the most important. (this isnt 100% im still trying to "hear" / "understand")

2) I just cannot believe you can ask and receive. To me, life is a place of learning. We cannot just "ask", this reality is cause and effect. Thought is not a cause. Maybe a cause to OUR actions, but not actions of things outside of myself.

I believe in something more than this reality, something spiritual. Currently, your soul, your being, your essence is inside your body experiencing this reality. You cannot simply leave this reality if you think it.
Get my drift?

Brad

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Wow, I thought this conversation was inherently dead lol

Thanks so much for the wonderful responses and views given. I knew there were mixed opinions on this board, but I find the spectrum to be broader than I perceived.

It's great to see so many conflicting views without it turning into a screaming match.

I guess my asking the universe for a productive conversation has paid off

~Keeper

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

was and still is a great thread
and i totally agree
we can all have different points of view but its always great to respect others also.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I agree with SA,
respect towards others views is the keyword

I try to not force my opinions on someone else and expect the same in return, so far so good

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Right, two things:

1) Have I encountered duality on a spiritual level? Yes. Malevonent and Benevolent. Two ways in which the soul perceives itself. It is the most important, or others are the most important. (this isnt 100% im still trying to "hear" / "understand")

2) I just cannot believe you can ask and receive. To me, life is a place of learning. We cannot just "ask", this reality is cause and effect. Thought is not a cause. Maybe a cause to OUR actions, but not actions of things outside of myself.

I believe in something more than this reality, something spiritual. Currently, your soul, your being, your essence is inside your body experiencing this reality. You cannot simply leave this reality if you think it.
Get my drift?

Brad

1) I could argue that "Malevonent and Benevolent" are again personal perspectives, which is part of the illusion...
Or, I could argue that certain levels of the astral are part of the illusion aswell... maybe the beginstage of the afterlife is part of the illusion...

2) Why don't you take it to the test? Ask something, something small to begin with, but something that is unmistakable... like a 4 leaf clover, an ankh, strawberries or ladybugs... (My 10 year old daughter tested with ladybugs and she saw dozens.... )
Pick whatever you choose, ask for it and see for yourself if it works for you or not (and don't forget to report to us, lol)

btw, what is "tought" then, where does it come from? Why do we even have thoughts?

3) who is to say that our souls are 'inside' our bodies, they might as well be somewhere completely else and merely have a connection to our brain, creating the illusion that we are inside the body.... who knows?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

I certainly agree, you will never receive anything if you don't open your mind to the idea of it. Simply stating it doesn't work, or not allowing yourself to believe in the process puts a giant "Halt" on any thought you throw out there.

Remember, what you and I see all around us, is simply the merging of everybody's collective realities. That is why the universe is ever expanding, new souls are born and the realities are merged.

If your thoughts are manifested in a way that you are un-aware, then you may have been receiving what you have wanted the whole time. I am sure at one point in your life you have looked in the mirror and asked that a particular event went the way you wanted it to. That my friend is asking the Universe.

And if that event did go as planned then you were answered. Don't underestimate the power of the subconcious mind.

~keeper

new topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join