It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 506
<< 503  504  505    507  508  509 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Posting this from Northern England. I am amazed at how little people appear to be worrying about this. It is occasionally on the news, all the Health Centres have signs up... saying do not come in if you have flu like symptoms. Other than that, everyone is just getting on with things.

However, there are 2 other viruses going around which are very similar to the swine flu symptoms EXCEPT they do not have a temperature related to them.

I work at a Health Centre and I know that people have taken tamiflu and not had the real swine flu... just the virus. I am concerned that they do not know what is coming and that because people have taken tamiflu for similar viruses (they don't have to see the Doc to get the prescription.. just a phone call) .. then there may not be enough vaccines to go around.

When I bring the subject up in conversations, people have that glazed look ... as if to say boring.......... It is just not a subject of discussion.

I don't know anyone personally yet who has had it, but quite a few who have been quite ill with the similar viruses. I think it is a weird coincidance that these other viruses are going around at the same time as swine flu in our summer time.... makes you wonder where they have come from??????

Seems from your threads that in America people are taking it much more seriously.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Where I live Craigs list is looking for Nurses for Vaccine clinics

We have never had vaccine clinics, how can these nurses be a part

of this??

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I find it odd that they're talking about vaccines in Aus when they've already admitted the main flu around at is actually pigflu.. apparently they don't even bother testing for it anymore (unless it puts you in IC I guess). What would be the point of vaccinating a population thats already had it?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Here's some food for thought before getting in line to roll up your sleeves for a shot.

www.sundayherald.com...

The American Academy of Pediatrcis has a collection of interviews with various "experts" telling parents how vital vaccines are to a child's health.

Who do you trust? Ultimately, it should be up to the parents to decide, however if enough parents decide against it, they may choose to make it mandatory within the school system. Then what? You have to decide whether or not to send your child to school?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

That should be an obvious point to more people.

Here's a recent update from TN. They're about 80 miles from Nashville. I didn't know there had been enough cases to warrant an article. Other people didn't either that usually know more school officials than I do-

www.herald-citizen.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingHigh404

In response to my previous comment about college campuses, this was in the local news today!

Xavier University and University of Cincinnati, two of the region’s largest universities, each reported two confirmed cases of H1N1 flu Monday.

Source

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Swine flu is still spreading widely across the United States, officials said on Friday, with 75 percent of serious cases and 60 percent of deaths among people under the age of 49.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has officially confirmed 7,963 hospitalizations and 522 deaths from the pandemic H1N1 flu, CDC's Dr. Jay Butler told reporters in a telephone briefing.
www.reuters.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
This was in the odd news section of headlines-

news.yahoo.com...

Good for him. It may seem selfish, but what's wrong with trying to keep you health?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
HOUSTON, Aug. 28 (Xinhua) -- The A/H1N1 flu death toll in the United State has reached 555 with hospitalizations of 8,842, according to the latest statistics released by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta on Friday. news.xinhuanet.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
TOKYO, Aug. 28 (Xinhua) -- An estimated 25 million people, or roughly 20 percent of the Japanese population will become infected with A/H1N1 influenza, said the health, labor and welfare Ministry on Friday. news.xinhuanet.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
In a pandemic update Friday, WHO advised countries in the Northern Hemisphere to get ready for a second wave and said doctors from around the world are reporting "a very severe form" of the disease, particularly in young and otherwise healthy people.

The update did not specify how many of these severe cases have been reported but said in these patients the virus directly infected the lungs and caused extreme respiratory failure. Saving their lives depended on highly specialized and demanding care in ICUs, "usually with long and costly stays," WHO said. www.swineflunews.org...

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
There have been 8 more tamiflu resistant cases of H1N1-

Taiwan: second case of Tamiflu resistant pandemic flu

The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) has reported another case of Tamiflu-resistance in a viral specimen collected in Taiwan. The first was recorded there in mid-August. The new drug-resistant case was a 44-year-old woman from Pingtung County who died on August 24, seven days after first showing flu symptoms. She died despite being treated with Tamiflu.

This is the first recorded death among a person who had a Tamiflu-resistant version of the pandemic H1N1 virus. The World Health Organization (WHO) has so far recorded 12 cases of Tamiflu-resistance have been detected worldwide. All have been isolated incidents, and none of the patients have passed the resistant virus on to others (no transmission has occurred).

Updated: 28 August 2009

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
You should be able to find details on this from Brazil's Ministry of Health-

Update 28 August: Brazil has reported a further 218 deaths caused by the pandemic influenza in less than two weeks. This takes the death toll to 557, the highest in the world to date

That's an awful record to have and only 2 more than the U.S.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
A few more reasons not to take vaccines. www.swine-flu-abc.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by wizardwars
HOUSTON, Aug. 28 (Xinhua) -- The A/H1N1 flu death toll in the United State has reached 555 with hospitalizations of 8,842, according to the latest statistics released by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta on Friday. news.xinhuanet.com...

I find it odd that the CDC continues to release death toll updates but sites like flutracker havn't updated their numbers in weeks.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This is from the UN, not the WHO-

news.bbc.co.uk...

Will this make it easier for H5N1 to mix if this crosses over the migratory routes?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by winotka

The biggest threat is the vaccines themselves, they are poison

I would rather take my chances with the flu...imo

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
She seems to be recovering after taking this drastic measure-

www.cbsnews.com...

This will be hard to do though after hospitals get full.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
wow here we go they change the law of the province of Quebec health law.

Québec Gouv. site
in french i'll try to translate some line

100. Subject to article 98, a Director of public health may, when required in an epidemiological investigation:

(1) require a person that she him present for examination any substance, plant, animal or other thing in his possession;

(2) require a person in possession of a thing of the dismantling or require is opened containing under key;

3 ° do or make any necessary excavation in any place;

4 ° have access to any place and make the inspection at any reasonable; time

(5) take samples of air or any substance, plant, animal or something else, or require a person making such samples.

(6) require any person that samples in his possession are sent for analysis at the national Institute of public health in Quebec or laboratory;

7 ° require all steering a laboratory or a Department of biology medical, private or public, that it pass the national Institute of health of Quebec or other laboratory any sample or culture as it deems necessary for the purposes of its investigation;

8 ° order any person, Department or organization to communicate or give it access immediately to any document or any information in its possession, even if it is a personal information, document or a confidence.

9 ° require a person stand a medical examination or to him provide a sample of his blood or other bodily substance, there are serious grounds to believe that this person is infected by a transmissible biological agent.

103 A Director of public health may at any time during an epidemiological investigation, as a precaution, order a person isolates for a period of at more 72 hours, or complies with certain specific directives in order to avoid any infection or contamination.Serious grounds.

An isolation order may not however be given by the Director if there are serious grounds to believe that this person has been in contact with a medically recognized transferable biological agent as that may seriously endanger the health of the population. The provisions of articles 108 and 109 apply to an order given under this article isolation.

next post...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
So the cherry on the cake...

106 When a Director of public health is of the opinion of inquiry, there is indeed a real threat to the health of the population, it can:

(1) order the closure of a place or not in allow access only to some people or to certain conditions and display a notice thereof;

(2) ordered the evacuation of a building;

3 ° order the disinfection, decontamination or cleaning a place or certain things and for specific instructions to that effect;

4 ° order the destruction of an animal, plant or something else in the way it contains or the treatment of animals or some plants.

5 ° order the termination of an activity or specific security measures if it is this activity which is a source of threat to the health of the population;

(6) order a person for the time it contains, do not attend an educational institution, a workplace or other gathering, place if immunisée against a contagious disease outbreak was observed in this environment;

7 ° order the isolation of a person for the period it indicates but for more than 72 hours if it refuses to receive the necessary to avoid any contagion treatment or this is the only action to prevent the transmission of the population of a medically recognized biological agent to seriously endanger the health of the population;

8 ° order a person to comply with specific directions to avoid any infection or contamination;

9 ° direct action considers necessary to prevent that escalating a threat to public health, decrease the effects or eliminate it.

Precautionary measures.

Despite the provisions of the first paragraph, the Director of public health can also use the powers referred to in paragraphs 1 ° and 2 ° of this paragraph as a precaution, if there are serious grounds to believe that there is a threat to the health of people attending this place or building.

i can qote more of this bull# but i'll leave it for you.

As for more NO mosquito gov near me !!! i'll not take that shot

top topics

<< 503  504  505    507  508  509 >>

join