It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by wizardwars
HOUSTON, Aug. 28 (Xinhua) -- The A/H1N1 flu death toll in the United State has reached 555 with hospitalizations of 8,842, according to the latest statistics released by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta on Friday. news.xinhuanet.com...
100. Subject to article 98, a Director of public health may, when required in an epidemiological investigation:
(1) require a person that she him present for examination any substance, plant, animal or other thing in his possession;
(2) require a person in possession of a thing of the dismantling or require is opened containing under key;
3 ° do or make any necessary excavation in any place;
4 ° have access to any place and make the inspection at any reasonable; time
(5) take samples of air or any substance, plant, animal or something else, or require a person making such samples.
(6) require any person that samples in his possession are sent for analysis at the national Institute of public health in Quebec or laboratory;
7 ° require all steering a laboratory or a Department of biology medical, private or public, that it pass the national Institute of health of Quebec or other laboratory any sample or culture as it deems necessary for the purposes of its investigation;
8 ° order any person, Department or organization to communicate or give it access immediately to any document or any information in its possession, even if it is a personal information, document or a confidence.
9 ° require a person stand a medical examination or to him provide a sample of his blood or other bodily substance, there are serious grounds to believe that this person is infected by a transmissible biological agent.
103 A Director of public health may at any time during an epidemiological investigation, as a precaution, order a person isolates for a period of at more 72 hours, or complies with certain specific directives in order to avoid any infection or contamination.Serious grounds.
An isolation order may not however be given by the Director if there are serious grounds to believe that this person has been in contact with a medically recognized transferable biological agent as that may seriously endanger the health of the population. The provisions of articles 108 and 109 apply to an order given under this article isolation.
106 When a Director of public health is of the opinion of inquiry, there is indeed a real threat to the health of the population, it can:
(1) order the closure of a place or not in allow access only to some people or to certain conditions and display a notice thereof;
(2) ordered the evacuation of a building;
3 ° order the disinfection, decontamination or cleaning a place or certain things and for specific instructions to that effect;
4 ° order the destruction of an animal, plant or something else in the way it contains or the treatment of animals or some plants.
5 ° order the termination of an activity or specific security measures if it is this activity which is a source of threat to the health of the population;
(6) order a person for the time it contains, do not attend an educational institution, a workplace or other gathering, place if immunisée against a contagious disease outbreak was observed in this environment;
7 ° order the isolation of a person for the period it indicates but for more than 72 hours if it refuses to receive the necessary to avoid any contagion treatment or this is the only action to prevent the transmission of the population of a medically recognized biological agent to seriously endanger the health of the population;
8 ° order a person to comply with specific directions to avoid any infection or contamination;
9 ° direct action considers necessary to prevent that escalating a threat to public health, decrease the effects or eliminate it.
Despite the provisions of the first paragraph, the Director of public health can also use the powers referred to in paragraphs 1 ° and 2 ° of this paragraph as a precaution, if there are serious grounds to believe that there is a threat to the health of people attending this place or building.