It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 505
<< 502  503  504    506  507  508 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
The vaccine is being touted as our best weapon against the virus, and hailed as a sort of "magic bullet." But Schafer notes that the first scientific data will only provide information on the correct dosage and immediate reactions from the shot. Long-term safety data won't be available when vaccination programs begin in the fall.

"So the claim that we know it to be safe and effective just isn't levelling with the Canadian public. www.ctv.ca...

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Advice against the widespread use of Tamiflu from the Government’s own expert panel on swine flu was ignored by ministers who feared a public backlash if the antiviral drugs were withheld, it has been claimed. www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

International Swine Flu Conference - to be held in Washington DC this week.
Interesting ...

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The U.S. will only receive 45 million doses of H1N1 by mid October-

abcnews.go.com...

Our area doesn't do flu drives around schools. One year, we had the MMR booster given at my school in Nashville. Those kinds of vaccines I haven't noticed a problem with.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
CONCORD, N.H. -- The first New Hampshire death related to H1N1 has been recorded, state health officials said Monday. www.wmur.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
A fifth Hillsborough County resident has died of swine flu.

The 46-year-old man died Saturday. As with many of the other patients who died after contracting the H1N1 flu, he had underlying medical conditions. www2.tbo.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Thats all from me good luck this fall looks like it is going to be a bad one.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by wizardwars]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by wizardwars
HOUSTON, Aug. 14 (Xinhua) -- The A/H1N1 flu death toll in the United State has reached 477 with hospitalizations of 7,511, according to the latest statistics released by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta on Friday.

The CDC said that 41 more deaths have been reported in the past week, a big jump from the previous record of 436 released a week ago by the agency. Meanwhile, there have been 1,005 more patients of the new virus admitted to the hospitals in the past week, bringing the total number of the hospitalizations around the country to 7,511, or a 15-percent increase compared with the previous record of 6,506. news.xinhuanet.com...

The Flutracker site at flutracker.rhizalabs.com... isn't keeping up to date with current news.

I've noticed this trend over the past two weeks.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
wizard wars. thanks for all your hard work and postings. Keep it up.
Don't mind the foty doties to much that criticize your style just keep them coming. Thanks again

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
HHS only stated 302 deaths-

www.contracostatimes.com...

Is it any wonder why we continue to check here for news when there's been a kid already go into pneumonia from this and school's only been back one week? Also, ambulance traffic has increased again after a 3 week lull during the summer.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Employers already affected in the UK-

press.eversheds.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This isn't coming from Malaysia's health agency-

health.asiaone.com...

Second piggery in AU likely infected-

www.news.com.au...

Odd advice for a new viral illness we haven't been exposed to before-

www.abc.net.au...

I'm not letting down my guard like that. My baby daughter and I had a stomach flu that affected us severely for 2 weeks without a fever. This was 11 yrs. ago. Blackberry juice is what helped us.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wizardwars

Hey!...don't leave now!...is this what you're tryingto tell us? You have been such a help and awesome source of information!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Don't get the Swine Flu confused with the vaccine. The vaccine is supposedly even more potently dangerous than the swine flu itself. Take plenty Vita D

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

“Our recommendation, this is based on work in England and Norway, and the United States, that the optimal time to be in the sun for vitamin D production is near to solar noon as possible. That would be between say 10:00am and 2:00pm. The reason is two-fold. First of all, you need a shorter exposure time because the UVB is more intense. Now, the second reason is that when the sun goes down towards the horizon, the UVB is filtered out much more than the UVA. And it turns out that the long wave of ultraviolet called UVA, which runs from about 320 to 400 nanometers, is highly correlated with melanoma -- where the UVB is the one that produces the vitamin D, and that’s from 290 to 315 nanometers,” Dr. Grant explains.

When Should you go out in the Sun?

Much better than taking vitamin-d pills. Simple way is to just walk to your lunch location from the job. If it takes 20 minutes, you just made thousands of units of vitamin-d

Not only that, exercise will help boost immunity, and make your metabolism more efficient to process nutrients

[edit on 20-8-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hello all! I am a college student…entering the first year of a Master’s program actually. I just received an urgent email from officials at my university about H1N1!

Website with information about H1N1

I hadn’t given the situation much thought but with students coming back to school from summers abroad, college campuses can become a breeding ground for illnesses such as this. I just wanted to share what info I had.
Thanks.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by FlyingHigh404]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Don't get fooled by the tests being conducted on the vaccine. There are being conducted without the mercury and sqaulene in the formula. These will be added after testing. tricky aren't they.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

An aunt brought up an interesting question the other day. Does this take into account daylight savings time? Should it be closer to 10am or 9am?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by winotka

It's a rough estimate. As you approach daylight savings, the estimate becomes off a bit further. We're about to fall back an hour, which would mean 11am would probably be better than 10am.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by fullmoonfairy
Sorry ~ Changed my mind. No comment.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by okiebear]

new topics

top topics

<< 502  503  504    506  507  508 >>

join