It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 458
<< 455  456  457    459  460  461 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
From Reuters... an update... more cases in China, Australia, and South Korea...

www.reuters.com...

"The H1N1 swine flu has infected more than 12,000 people in 43 countries and killed 86 according to the World Health Organization, which is poised to declare a full pandemic of the virus."

---------

CDC Update...

www.enewspf.com...:h1n1-flu-swine-flu-cdc-update-tenth-death-confirmed-may-25-2009&catid=8888898 4:h1n1-virus-swine-flu&Itemid=88889934

"The virus is infecting people and is spreading from person-to-person, sparking a growing outbreak of illness in the United States. An increasing number of cases are being reported internationally as well."

-----------

Interesting chart...

www.cdc.gov...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
From AP... official USA death toll now at 12... victim in Chicago dead...

hosted.ap.org...

"...the victim had other medical conditions, but authorities released no other information about the person."

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
From HHS.gov...

www.hhs.gov...

"If a pandemic influenza virus with similar virulence to the 1918 strain emerged today, in the absence of intervention, it is estimated that 1.9 million Americans could die and almost 10 million could be hospitalized over the course of the pandemic, which may evolve over a year or more."

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
"...46% of U.S. population had a chronic condition in 2005. This number is projected to increase to 161 million Americans by 2030."

LINK

That is a whole lotta people at risk for serious complications from H1N1. Something to really consider as we are only one month into the H1N1 proclamation.

Mod Edit: fix link

[edit on 5/25/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
*snip*

*snip*

If someone has new evidence about something we've discussed as a group and worked out that's one thing. Posting the same exact info we've already seen and discussed over and over again indicates nothing more than that certain people have not followed the discussion as they claim. Since you need examples:

US origin of swine flu?
Once again the same exact article is posted that was posted and discussed more than a week ago. The article cites possible swine flu cases in April. As we discussed as a group and determined, the earliest Mexico cases in La Gloria were in the first week of February. I've been told first hand that efforts are being made to confuse the issue and point people away from La Gloria and sure enough, here it comes again. Does this mean the person posting the incorrect info was not following the discussion as they claim or do they just want to keep debating something the members of the thread already resolved? It's not that big of a deal but when it's occurring over and over and over again it becomes disruptive. We don't want to keep having to clear up the same issues repeatedly.

Why I sent my kids to school
I was completely honest and open about the conflict in my own house between my spouse and myself. I didn't have to be. I didn't keep my kids home the first week out of panic, I kept them home in order to be cautious and get an idea of what was happening. As we covered two weeks ago, where I live the police will come and take your kids for missing school. I cannot write an excuse for them and cannot ask anyone else to lie on my behalf plus my spouse wanted to send them. Short of physical confrontation there's nothing I could do.

I did my part the first week, the government didn't do it's part and close the schools. I lobbied the school board and administration to no result. They actually sent out notice that all students were required to attend in order to complete the state's standardized testing. (Federal money requires all students to complete it). The lesson here is that government put children at risk for financial reasons, period.

*snip*

Mod Edit: removed Ill-Mannered quote and snipped response...

Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on 5/26/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
From HHS.gov plan for pandemic... at least ten "snow days"...

www.hhs.gov...

"Snow days and self-shielding...

Implementation of “snow days”—asking everyone to stay home—involves the entire community in a positive way, is acceptable to most people, and is relatively easy to implement. Snow days may be instituted for an initial 10-day period , with final decisions on duration based on an epidemiologic and social assessment of the situation. States and local authorities may wish to consider recommendations to the public for acquisition and storage of necessary provisions including type and quantity of supplies needed during snow days. Snow days can effectively reduce transmission without explicit activity restrictions (i.e., quarantine). Consideration should be given to personnel who maintain primary functions in the community (e.g., law enforcement personnel, transportation workers, utility workers [electricity, water, gas, telephone, sanitation]). Compliance with snow days might be enhanced by “self-shielding” behavior (i.e., many people may stay home even in the absence of an official snow day [“reverse quarantine”])."

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Just great!! Just got a call that we have a case of SF in our school. Also, husband just called and said my 3-year-old is really sick (at in-laws) with a high fever. She has asthma.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

starred, I have been counting on this thread to keep up to date and ahead of the MSM. I have passed along info gathered from here to others and was asked by quite a few to update them because the info I passed on tho them was great and thanks again to Eco and HX et al. for the updates. Keep it up.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by EDteach

Don't worry, EDTeach. You can beat this.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by EDteach
Just great!! Just got a call that we have a case of SF in our school. Also, husband just called and said my 3-year-old is really sick (at in-laws) with a high fever. She has asthma.

EDtech, when you say 'our' school do you mean a school you or your family go to, or a local school. Either way I guess that's V worrying.

Do you think there is a possibility your wee one may have been exposed? I hope for a speedy recovery...

top topics

<< 455  456  457    459  460  461 >>

join