It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 459
<< 456  457  458    460  461  462 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
NZ Herald

CONTAINMENT

* In New Zealand, authorities consider they have successfully contained the outbreak.

* Border controls are still in place to detect, isolate and treat suspected cases as planes arrive.

* New Zealand had 21 suspected cases yesterday and 12 people were in isolation and being treated with Tamiflu.

* But authorities are still planning for "sweeping" closures of public facilities and isolation of regions at short notice if necessary to break the infection cycle.

See source for full article

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
errant post

[edit on 5/25/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Cases of H1N1 Flu Virus in Canada

The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) is committed to sharing information about H1N1 flu virus cases with Canadians. Confirmed cases are posted Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 16:00 EDT.

As of May 25 2009, a total of 921 laboratory-confirmed cases of H1N1 flu virus have been reported in 9 provinces and 1 territory in Canada.

www.phac-aspc.gc.ca...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieSlayer

just imagine how many cases of h1n1 are really out there in canada. the confirmed cases are just a small % of the actual cases imo.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by antmar

Originally posted by EDteach
Just great!! Just got a call that we have a case of SF in our school. Also, husband just called and said my 3-year-old is really sick (at in-laws) with a high fever. She has asthma.

EDtech, when you say 'our' school do you mean a school you or your family go to, or a local school. Either way I guess that's V worrying.

Do you think there is a possibility your wee one may have been exposed? I hope for a speedy recovery...

I am obviously a teacher as I sure you could tell. My son has had a bad cough last couple of days as well and husband has been complaining of chills today. My daughter could have any sort of virus, but with SF spreading across world--it is on my mind as a possibility. She has the chills so bad. She is resting now after a bath and I gave her a capsule of that herbal flu med--just in case. As I reported earlier, a co-worker's family all got the flu last week. I have her nebulizer and inhaler ready if she needs it. Thanks for the kind remarks from you and others--I really appreciate it. I called my sister in law and we laughed--what did I think--if I was informed on SF it would not happen to me??

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

Your eyelashes are so long and beautiful when you bat them like that.

Thank goodness we have members who want to protect us from all the big bad people/info that feeds our paranoia. You'd think this was a conspiracy site or something eh...

On topic:

So that we can debate the topic and not the people, please provide us with examples of the "fiction" posted in this thread that you mention, and your "facts" which contradicts/corrects it.

Unfortunately you haven't provided much, if any, information to support your theory that info/intel provided in this thread is not correct, which probably explains why people are not taking you seriously.

Thanks, I look forward to continuing to read News and Updates!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by EDteach

Doh, sorry. Goes to show I should read user names more literally! Shame.... :8)

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by EDteach

i hope your little ones get well soon. seeing a child sick is one of the worst feelings in the world . im not a doctor and i dont play one on tv but id recommend showering your kids with love . its probably the best medicine out there. if they see you by their side it will make them feel instantly better. since you are a parent twice over, i know that you already know this.

Thank goodness we have members who want to protect us from all the big bad people/info that feeds our paranoia. You'd think this was a conspiracy site or something eh...

paranoia will destroy ya

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Reuters reporting Ecuador closes NYC consulates... worker infected...

www.reuters.com...

"Ecuador temporarily closed its two consulates in New York City on Monday over fears one of its workers contracted the H1N1 flu virus that has sparked fears of a global pandemic.

Ecuador's Foreign Affairs Ministry said the consulates in the New York boroughs of Manhattan and Queens would remain shut until health authorities are able to confirm whether it is a case of the new swine flu virus.

The Andean country has confirmed 24 cases of the virus, mostly contracted by people who visited countries such as the United States and Mexico with the most confirmed cases, or who had close contact with travelers.

The World Health Organization has confirmed 12,515 infections across 46 countries with the newly discovered strain that has killed 91 people."

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Possible news blackout in China...

influenzapandemic.blogspot.com...

"More follow up on the Chinese flu situation. Nothing is clear, and this may all be nothing, but, as you will below, there are clear calls for the Chinese to come forth with information that settles the question. If these are true, it is the biggest known outbreak to date.

Recombinomics has been all over this story, here citing local info that a news blackout is being enforced in China.

Recombinomics on the China situation signalling Phase 6--iinfections are out of control.

Recombinomics looks at the 60% fatality rate (is it possible?) in Qinghai."

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

For what its worth

WHO Data - ACTUAL - As of 06:00 GMT, 26 May 2009

An average 21.0% increase of confirmed cases each day
An average 10.1% increase of deaths each day

OK, I took those percentage numbers you provided and projected them into the future.

Hold on to your hats gents, and cover your kids ears.

Here is what a 21% infection rate and 10% death rate increase delivers by 8/22/2009 with this "Mild" flu.

353 billion infected......524,687 dead as of 8/22/2009 if the same percentages are continued. Now, remember the real flu season will only be getting started in August. We are in the "mild' portion of this trip.

These are the numbers from those "skewed" numbers the WHO is supplying and they are disturbing.
Imaging what the true figures could be pointing to.

Smarter people than us are crunching these numbers in the US government and that is why they are spending that billion dollars on starting the vaccine.

People we are going to need greater communication to understand where this is headed. This thread could be your best ticket to survival, seriously.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
An average of a 10% increase in death every day is a different figure than 10% deaths for the total infected.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Four years ago to the day... this story posted on CNN...

www.cnn.com...

"Experts say flu pandemic is imminent"

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Breaking news story about poultry die off... bird flu... in Indonesia... page removed... censorship?

www.alertnet.org...

"Bird flu
Printable view
Poultry in Indonesia village likely bird flu source
26 May 2006 16:05:14 GMT
Source: Reuters
By Tan Ee Lyn JAKARTA, May 26 (Reuters) - Chickens are dying in unusually large numbers in a remote area in Indonesia where avian flu killed several members of a family, and experts say the first ... Full article"

------------

You can't get the full article... it's been removed.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The story out of Jakarta, Indonesia regarding bird flu outbreak...

"Woman in bird flu cluster may have had contact with sick chickens

JAKARTA (Agencies): The first person infected in a cluster of bird flu cases in a family in Indonesia may have come into contact with sick or dead chickens before possibly passing the virus on to relatives, a World Health Organization official has said.

The woman grew vegetables and sold them in a market, which may have brought her into contact with infected poultry, said Steven Bjorge, a WHO epidemiologist in Jakarta. Investigators also haven't ruled out contamination from chicken feces that the woman used as garden fertilizer, he said.

Officials have not linked her family members to any possible exposure to the virus from birds, which has led them to believe that limited human-to-human transmission may have occurred.

Expert from Surabaya-based Airlanga University C.A. Nidom M.S., said human to human transmission of bird flu virus had occurred in Indonesia. "I am sure that such a transmission has already occurred. H3N2 and H1N1 viruses, which are transformed from H5N1, have already been found," he was quoted by Antara news agency as saying on Friday.

Nidom, a researcher with the Airlanga University's Tropical Disease Centre added that there was no clue that the death of Iwan (bird flu casualty) from Tangerang, Banten, was caused by (virus from) poultry.

Six of the seven family members who caught bird flu in North Sumatra, have died, the most recent on Monday. An eighth family member who died was buried before tests could be done, but she was considered to be among those infected with bird flu.
The deaths in the family cluster were the largest ever reported. The WHO has stressed the virus has not mutated into a version easily passed between people or shown any sign of spreading outside the family - all blood relatives who had very close contact with each other.

Bjorge said a team of international health experts and villagers is closely monitoring the area where the family lived in North Sumatra to ensure no one else experiences flu-like symptoms.

---------###---------

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
OK, now I am disgusted. Wait for it...

Edgar Hernandez, the Mexican kindergartner who is the first person known to have contracted the swine flu now circling the globe, may soon have a statue erected in his honor in the mountain village where he lives.

Gov. Fidel Herrera of the coastal state of Veracruz said the statue of Edgar, 5, could help attract tourists to La Gloria, a poor village where hundreds of residents came down with mysterious flulike symptoms beginning in late winter in what experts say may have been the beginning of the spread of the new influenza strain.

Statue because I did not die like the others

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Correct. Absum, just make sure you don't get the average % increase daily confused with the mortality or rate, which according to the WHO data is currently at 0.73%

[edit on 25/5/09 by antmar]

top topics

<< 456  457  458    460  461  462 >>

join