It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 460
<< 457  458  459    461  462  463 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
An average of a 10% increase in death every day is a different figure than 10% deaths for the total infected.

I don't even understand your point here. Why are you trying to conflate these numbers?
If you have a point, can't you just say it?

Of course they are different numbers. If it were 10% deaths for total infected in the above post, it would be 35 billion deaths :-).

(35 billion is a bit tough to achieve much less, 353 billion...)

If I can get news from sources that I couldn't otherwise get, than what would be my point here? I'd just stay with MSM. I love the insider reports. And after all, this is a conspiracy site, isn't it?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Absum!

And he probably isn't "patient zero" even. He's going to be done like the peeing boy in brussels.

Tourism is awesome.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Sorry, the Indonesian bird flu story was from 2006.

Oversight on my part. Sorry, it's an old report. Nothing new.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

Originally posted by switching yard

the mortality rate on bird flu is unreal.
in.reuters.com...

Although the H5N1 has only infected 352 people since 2003, it has killed 219 of them, with mortality rates rising to more than 80 percent in places like Indonesia in the past two years.

makes the numbers we see from swine flu very welcomed.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by elitegamer23]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Absum!

I have created a new thread for the official WHO data here, which includes slightly expanded numbers for the top schedule. That might be helpful for you Absum.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
More from Indonesia... 26 May 2009...

birdflucorner.wordpress.com...

"Outbreak in chickens... a child develops flu...

Bojonegoro, East Java – Until this evening, Monday (25/5), a child, Nabil (3) is developing sickness after two days having severe flu. This is worrying the child’s father, Nur Sahid (29), resident RT 12 RW II Desa Kandangan, Kecamatan Trucuk, Kabupaten Bojonegoro. In particular, number of chickens belong to Nur Sahid died and tested positive bird flu.

Nur Sahid felt relieved when officials from Livestock and Fishery Service (Disnak) Bojonegoro came to investigate and diminish the dead chickens.

“Until now, I’m afraid if bird flu in our chickens affect our children”, said Nur Sahid.

He also mentioned that his child had developed severe flu these two days, even though the doctor who examined his child said that it was only common flu.

Similar thing also confirmed by Kandangan chieftain, Tamban. He said that before the deaths of chickens belong to Nur Sahid, there were some deaths in chickens belong to other people. Mostly people dumped the chicken bodies to Begawan river.

“We have informed public to report any chicken deaths to the village authorities”, added Tamban.

Head of Disnak Region Bojonegoro, Tukiwan Yusa also confirmed that a chicken tested positive bird flu in Desa Kandangan."

------------

If a reassortment takes place and H5N1 combines with H1N1, Indonesia may be a likely spot for this mutation to occur.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
New swine flu case: 'I've had worse paper cuts'

This link ought to make a few people tear their hair out.

Mind the guy did start taking an anti-viral very quickly.

[edit on 2009/5/25 by Aeons]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Reply to post by switching yard

The fudged total of deaths is now near a 100.Well we know the total of infected is more than stated,so what is the sad but true total of those who have died?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

[edit on 26/5/09 by gallifreyan medic]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

but people have said not to take tamiflu. -another reason you shouldnt believe everything you hear on the internet but i would hope that is common knowledge by now.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Influenza Infection in Wild Raccoons

Raccoons (Procyon lotor) are common, widely distributed animals that frequently come into contact with wild waterfowl, agricultural operations, and humans. Serosurveys showed that raccoons are exposed to avian influenza virus. We found antibodies to a variety of influenza virus subtypes (H10N7, H4N6, H4N2, H3, and H1) with wide geographic variation in seroprevalence. Experimental infection studies showed that raccoons become infected with avian and human influenza A viruses, shed and transmit virus to virus-free animals, and seroconvert. Analyses of cellular receptors showed that raccoons have avian and human type receptors with a similar distribution as found in human respiratory tracts. The potential exists for co-infection of multiple subtypes of influenza virus with genetic reassortment and creation of novel strains of influenza virus. Experimental and field data indicate that raccoons may play an important role in influenza disease ecology and pose risks to agriculture and human health.
The primary reservoirs of avian influenza (AI) are wild birds in the orders Anseriformes (ducks, geese, and swans) and Charadriiformes (gulls, terns, and shorebirds). In these hosts, low-pathogenic forms of the virus typically cause little or no apparent disease, however, large quantities of virus are shed in fecal matter. AI virus is relatively stable in water and can remain viable for up to 200 days, depending on temperature and other environmental factors (1). Thus, bodies of water and adjacent shorelines that wild birds use can become potentially contaminated, increasing the likelihood of subsequent exposure of avian and non-avian species to AI virus.
The preference of influenza viruses for different cellular receptors and the presence and distribution of those receptors in the host are important factors involved in determining host range and tissue tropism (2). Humans are not typically infected by AI virus because receptors for this virus are distributed in tissues that are located predominantly in the lower respiratory tract. As such, these receptors are not as accessible as human type receptors found in the upper respiratory tissues and require more intimate contact for transmission. Swine are considered important intermediate hosts between birds and humans because they are frequently infected by avian and human influenza viruses (3). This finding underscores the potential for genetic reassortment that can create new, possibly more virulent subtypes..

So birds can infect bird baths which can stay infected up to 200 days in return infecting a visiting racoon simply drinking water and having the posibility of infecting humans. This study was finished in December. So now its not just pigs that we have to watch out for but also racoons.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

My Conspiracy Theorist side says - that there are people on any political/CT forum or group that will encourage people to do things that will lessen their chances of living or breeding. Thinning the problematic herd by starting with the ones that are easiest to push off the cliff.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Thinning the problematic herd by starting with the ones that are easiest to push off the cliff.

sometimes you dont even need to push them off a cliff . lemmings like to follow the leader over the cliff.

Originally posted by JBA2848
So now its not just pigs that we have to watch out for but also racoons.

i would have recommend staying away from racoons even before you posted that bit of info but intereting read anyways.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

reply to post by elitegamer23

Deaths attributable directly to this flu may not show up for another couple of weeks.

With respect, I've been reading that exact same line ever since this thread began, which is rather more than a couple of weeks now.

Deaths from this virus are still insignificant, if we are to believe the reporting.

I think more people are still dieing from being hit on the head by falling coconuts. (see my sig)

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Latest summary of official numbers from WHO - Full schedule is posted on this thread.

Snippet:

Date - Confirmed - (incr in 24hrs) - Deaths - (incr in 24hrs) - [Countries] - Mortality%

20/05 - 10,243 - (+413) - 80 - (+1) - [41] - 0.78%
21/05 - 11,034 - (+791) - 85 - (+5) - [41] - 0.77%
22/05 - 11,168 - (+134) - 86 - (+1) - [42] - 0.77%
23/05 - 12,022 - (+854) - 86 - (+0) - [43] - 0.72%
24/05 - NO STATS GIVEN
25/05 - 12,515 - (+493) - 91 - (+5) - [46] - 0.73%
26/05 - 12,954 - (+439) - 92 - (+1) - [46] - 0.71% mortality rate

An increase of 439 (3.5%) of confirmed cases over last 24hrs
An increase of 1 (1.1%) deaths over last 24hrs

An average increase of 20.4% confirmed cases each day
An average increase of 9.8% increase of deaths each day

See link for changes to individual country changes etc

[edit on 26/5/09 by antmar]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by antmar

A couple of weeks ago, CA reported to probable deaths from this. They ruled out one officially. They never say one way or the other about the seconed case. IMO, it's counted(personally) when I see the data.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I haven't caught up from yesterday, but this is what I found-

news.yahoo.com...

It came out sounding like one big emergency drill. When this is an actual emergency, people...a lot won't even be able to put their heads between their knees.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

Yes people do when told not to listen to certain information.
And while at the top of the cliff being told theres nothing
to worry about and that everything is going to be alright.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

If this new flu is just a milder version of common flu, according to all information we have from the MSM and official figures, why the hell Australian government is taking all these extreme measures? Or they are being paranoid or they do know something we still don't know.
All we're seeing regarding this new flu really doesn't make any sense at all!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
reply to post by switching yard

Originally posted by switching yard

the mortality rate on bird flu is unreal.
in.reuters.com...

Although the H5N1 has only infected 352 people since 2003, it has killed 219 of them, with mortality rates rising to more than 80 percent in places like Indonesia in the past two years.

makes the numbers we see from swine flu very welcomed.

What you don't see, is that most of us are not interested in the mortality rates of the H1N1 per se.

We are here dissecting pieces & snippets of information to find clues of what the inside scientist and researcher are so freaked out about!

The possible recombining of the A H1N1 with H5N1 when the virus hits Egypt & Asia is the real fear here!

With the genetics and the perfect protein outer layer of the H1N1 virus as the perfect receptor for a recombining with H5N1.

If you don't have the intelligence to understand this? please leave the thread! - don't behave like a monkey and drive people who bring forward pieces of information away from here!

Let us decide for ourselves what we think is important information or not!!

(sorry for my bad English!)

new topics

top topics

<< 457  458  459    461  462  463 >>

join