It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 461
<< 458  459  460    462  463  464 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Chile has, "officially", nearly 100 cases (real numbers may be 5 times higher) -

Ayer los casos de influenza humana en el país se elevaron a 86, ocho de los cuales son de regiones: 4 de la Región de los Lagos; 3 de la Región de O’Higgins y uno de la Región del Biobío.

Woman from Chillan - Chile is seriously ill from swine flu, connected to an "artifficial lung", at hospital - her lungs practically unfunctional, doctors said.

Conectada a un pulmón artificial por una "falla respiratoria catastrófica", bajo atención especializada en la Clínica Las Condes, permanece Gladys Azócar Poblete, confirmada como el primer caso grave de contagio con influenza humana en Chile.

LINK:La Nacion

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous
We are here dissecting pieces & snippets of information to find clues of what the inside scientist and researcher are so freaked out about!

Exactly.

I have been following this thread since the beginning and I always found Flu news here before everywhere else.

It is all about working togheter all around the world trying to make sens of the global information we get.

For sure, without sharing the information we each have in our part of the world, we would be much more blind to what is happening right now.

This is the most important thing TPTB don't want us tu exploit: people cooperation over the internet. This is something vey powerfull that give people the power to people to share ideas and THINK.

FEAR can't make you THINK with judgement and rationnality and a good way to fear things is... knowing nothing about them.

Let's continue and make things clear to the TPTB that we are here to stay. Eventually we will share the information to expose them and if they are as good as they state they are, this is what we will find!

Have a nice day and don't give up, in the name of humanity!

[edit on 26-5-2009 by 13Etznab]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
The seriously ill woman from Chile is 38 years old and there was no mention about any underlying conditions:

Se trata de Gladys Azócar Poblete, de 38 años, quien viajó junto a su familia desde Chillán a Santiago para pasar el fin de semana largo. Ya en el trayecto presentó una afección respiratoria aguda que la mantenía con riesgo vital y respiración asistida en la sala de aislamiento de la UCI del Hospital de Urgencia de la Asistencia Pública (ex Posta Central), desde donde fue trasladada anoche a la Clínica Las Condes

El Mercurio

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Update: I am home with daughter--she is OK. Still has fever, etc... I am starting not to feel well-- Headache and such. We will be fine.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Update here in Quebec... The news aren't that extraordinary, this is just the way this is reported.

Quebec decieded no to report daily the cases anymore in a press conference. So now, journalist must go by themselves to look for the info... let's do it!

On the main site of Quebec Pandemic (Pandémie Québec), in big letters:

There's no pandemic in Québec

www.pandemiequebec.gouv.qc.ca...

Now let's look at the media section at the bottom left, the last press conference as of mai 24th:

(translated with google)

Today, 9 new cases of influenza A (H1N1) were confirmed in Quebec, bringing to 167 the number of cases recorded since the end of April. This data includes cumulative people now healed, and thus not only refers to the number of patients currently suffering.

www.pandemiequebec.ca...

But... let's look at the new cases now, as of May 25th, from the Canadian governement, for all the provinces:
www.phac-aspc.gc.ca...

Quebec:
NEW Laboratory-Confirmed Cases as of May 25, 2009: 42
TOTAL Laboratory-confirmed Cases (including today’s cases): 185
No death

So... even there... numbers are messed up. 185 - 167 = 18. But canada said 42 new ones... Who is wrong?

But... nothing to see, move along guys.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Can someone tell me more on this:

Respiratory Virus Detections/Isolations for the week ending May16, 2009 (Reporting Week 200919)
www.phac-aspc.gc.ca...

There is the list of all laboratories in Canada, the list of all flu type viruses and the number of cases.

I would like some people like Ecoparty to check and come back to tell if this is good info to track.

But curiosity is a good thing, you know... for all the other

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
A 2 y/o boy one of the latest to have H1N1.

BBC News website

two-year-old boy is among four new cases of swine flu, bringing the UK total to 137, health chiefs have said.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I have been following this post as closely as I can from the beginning and do not recall this being discussed. Perhaps I missed it so please excuse if so.
I regularly check back and forth between my local DHEC statistics for my county the State DHEC stats and CDC. I have noticed a discrepency that perhaps is just a lag time in numbers, but maybe not.
My state has been showing a steady number for about 2 weeks with no new reported cases yet the latest CDC color coded map changed us from local color code to regional. Also I follow a neighboring state which even though there were much fewer cases with a higher population the color code was regional from the beginning.
Has anyone else noticed this and have any explanation for it? Thanks so much for your input.
Until Later,
Millionaire Mommy

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Mexico and China to work together on developing new anti-virals...

english.sina.com...

quote from the report...

"This is a virus that will emerge in a recurring manner and not just in the next winter season,"

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

*snip*

On topic:

Swine flu cases in UK leap to 184

Source

Mod edit: snipped Off topic content.

[edit on 5/26/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Please Discuss the TOPIC!

and not EACH OTHER!

This is the topic Swine Flu news and updates thread

It is ok to have differing views on the information, in fact it is welcomed, however when the discussion turns towards people taking shots at each other...

It is neither welcomed nor tolerated.

For one last time...

We request that everyone post to the topic.

Thank You.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
State and local health agencies struggle to maintain resources needed to fight possible pandemic...

www.realclearpolitics.com...

"State capabilities vary. But some local departments, strapped by layoffs and working overtime on swine flu, say they could not maintain the pace in a major outbreak. An Associated Press review found troubling signs:

_Twenty-nine public health workers in Sacramento County, Calif., learned just before being called to work on swine flu that they probably will lose their jobs this summer. Senior nurse Carol Tucker, contacting potential flu victims, thought about future epidemics.

"Who will be around to do these things?" she said.

_Nationwide, officials have reported more than more than 6,700 swine flu cases, and 12 deaths.

"We have good plans and we're exercising them," said Matthew A. Stefanak, health commissioner of Mahoning County, Ohio, whose work force dropped 20 percent in two years. "But for the nuts and bolts of an outbreak — contact investigations, probable cases of H1N1 flu — we don't have the manpower, the trained disease investigators the public health nurses who would do it. That's where we're weakest right now."

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I have been reading this thread since its beginning and I would like to thank all the good people who post and keep us informed.My husband is sick.Not with fever but with really bad cough,sore throat and nasal congestion.He never gets sick where as I always catch everything.I have a scratchy throat and starting to cough also.The media blackout is very alarming and just wanted to exspress my gratitude to all of you.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I really hope that this thread can get back its momentum as I know that many people here relied on it for their source of information. I have not posted much here myself but have been reading everyday for the past few weeks. I hope that I may be able to add some information myself at some point.

Whilst it is primarily a news update thread it was also a great thread for people to put together what was being collected and trying to build a sense of the bigger and true picture.

Inside information was a valuable part of this and it will be a great loss for everyone if the people providing this info stop posting. It is a shame that terms such as fear mongering have been applied here and that criticism has been aimed at individuals directly as it was not necessary. I understand that some of the stuff posted here may have had a dramatic tone at times but I don't believe anyone here was willing this to be a disaster. I don't think anyone was panicking and I know that I felt less concerned believing that I was able to get better information here.

I believe it is possible to provide a differing opinion without making it personal and hope that this thread can continue back on track with everyone discussing info here. I just hope that those that have said they are leaving will change their minds and continue to provide us with updates and discussions.
Pleeeeaaase!!

[edit on 26/5/09 by pinkpixiexx]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Read this and weep, I would say this clearly shows the deception that has plagued this situation!

One in 20 cases is being officially reported in the U.S., meaning more than 100,000 people have probably been infected nationwide with the new H1N1 flu strain, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In the U.K., the virus may be 300 times more widespread than health authorities have said, the Independent on Sunday reported yesterday.

Risk of Harm’ WHO is reviewing its pandemic response plans, including the prerequisites for a pandemic, in the wake of the swine flu threat, said Keiji Fukuda, the agency’s assistant director- general of health security and environment. A move to phase 6 would “signify a really substantial increase in risk of harm to people,” Fukuda told reporters during a May 22 briefing.

Rather than redefine what constitutes a pandemic, health officials should help people understand the current threat may resemble the 1957 or 1968 pandemics, in which fewer than 4 million people died, rather than the 1918 Spanish flu, blamed for killing about 50 million, said Osterholm at the University of Minneapolis. “The bigger problem is scientific integrity,” he said. “If they want to change the definition, then go ahead. But don’t say that we are not in phase 6 right now because we don’t want to go there.”

www.bloomberg.com...

edit: It sounds like our friend eco was right on the money with this now doesn't it?????

[edit on 5/26/2009 by redhead57]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
Read this and weep, I would say this clearly shows the deception that has plagued this situation!

One in 20 cases is being officially reported in the U.S., meaning more than 100,000 people have probably been infected nationwide with the new H1N1 flu strain, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In the U.K., the virus may be 300 times more widespread than health authorities have said, the Independent on Sunday reported yesterday.

www.bloomberg.com...

About a week ago I posted a reply quoting an article I found on the internet where it was said that the virus was possibly 1.000 (ONE THOUSAND, that's it) more widespread than official reports.
That makes a lot of sense if we are to be based on what said The Independent about the situation in UK.
So, at least 6.000.000 (SIX MILLION) people may have been infected so far.
Giving a CDR of approximately 0,5% (optimistical), that'll be around 30.000 deaths. It's not very difficult for the US authorities to put all this death records under the carpet, since more than 95% of the people that have died or will die from swine flu have not been tested and, therefore, they can attribute to them any other cause of death. That's why they're not testing anyone in the USA anymore.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
ATTENTION

This notice appears on the top of every page of this thread:

This thread is an ATS Big-Thread with 9217 replies, and subject to more strict moderation.

Please stay focused.

Stay on-topic.

Minimal or off-topic posts and T&C violations are subject deletion and/or a warning.

This thread will be CLOSED if the off-topic posting continues.

Do not reply to this post.

If you have any questions or complaints regarding this or any other matter, feel free to use the Complaint/Suggestion feature located in your Member Centre and get the full attention of the Staff.

top topics

<< 458  459  460    462  463  464 >>

join