It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 455
<< 452  453  454    456  457  458 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by pinkpixiexx

Despite medicines,pills etc.
Your daughter has one of the best aids in help with recovery.That is yourself.
Having my mum there was always psychologically a great help in me
getting through my illnesses.
Being a single parent myself,I understand the worry that one feels when one of our babies(Yes still are when they grow up) becomes ill.Though I wont say I understand the worry of your circumstances with the virus.That would be um,ooh.
Bum.Whats the word im looking for?Mind not find word moment.Sorry.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

What is being brought here is information, not guesses. If you read all posts from the beginning you would see this. Also the posts with all the press releases aren't guesses, it's information. No one here has guaranteed they know anything - they are all best guesses based on the best information available through sources most of us don't have and personal experiences of the flu itself. It's a big thread and to jump in at 400 pages and challenge sources without reading where the sources have already been discussed wastes everyone's time and energy. Asking questions is different than just challenging it based on......... ?

We are here for information too, and so far I find it not only consistent with my 40 plus years of research (yes, it is a conspiracy!) but also consistent with others whose work (not opinions) I also value. Enough said. Either people get it or they don't.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Just thought I'd post this, since I've heard a lot of people say "It could be allergies, but..." with worries that they have come down with this flu:

www.cnn.com...

So you may indeed just be experiencing strong than usual allergy symptoms.

I know they are much harsher here (Colorado) than usual. Just outside, the tennis court and sidewalks have patches of yellow: pollen. Much worse than I've seen in many years.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The one symptom that seems to be consistent with this flu that may help people who are self-diagnosing with a flu.

Fatigue. This flu should cause you to be very fatigued.

You may or may not have fever. You may or may not get gasto-intestinal symptoms. Coughing could be a cold. Congestion, coughing could be allergies or asthma or a combination of both.

But if your muscles are sore, and you are tired to the bone then you probably have a "mild" case of a flu. It could be more than one type of flu still. Mild in this flu means that you only feel like you are going to die.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

Thank you and good to hear your daughter is now recovering, hope it is over for her now.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Yes thats what made me decide I had a flu virus of some sort because of the muscle aches, tiredness and then when I thought I was feeling a bit better, so up and about I got Jelly legs..lol

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

TORONTO - Ontario's chief medical officer is expected to confirm at a press conference today that a Toronto man has died of swine flu. Dr. David Williams, Ontario's acting chief medical officer of health, will be holding a teleconference at 4 p.m. amid reports a 40-year-old man suffering from swine flu died in his Toronto home Saturday.

source

Dying in his home? That is where it gets concerning is when people think H1N1 is minor and don't go in thinking it's not a threat.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by airteck]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gallifreyan medic

Was the word you were looking for 'presumptious'?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Drat! I spelled presumptuous right the first time. Then I asked my husband. Of course, he came up with the French word! D'oh!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Drinking tons of rum punch on Memorial Day. Fighting this piece o' crap flu...doing it the wild style way, yall.

Good luck to all, mosey fosies!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by gallifreyan medic

lol.....I think all parents do understand that concern with our children...and as you say it never goes whatever their age...we have to let go in one way but we are always there for them as mum -or dad..

I just wish that we had a more honest picture of what's happening here...Japan seem to be the only country giving the full picture so far.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kshaund

Originally posted by kshaund

What is being brought here is information, not guesses. If you read all posts from the beginning you would see this. Also the posts with all the press releases aren't guesses, it's information. No one here has guaranteed they know anything - they are all best guesses based on the best information available through sources most of us don't have and personal experiences of the flu itself. It's a big thread and to jump in at 400 pages and challenge sources without reading where the sources have already been discussed wastes everyone's time and energy.

if you actually read the whole thread like you tell me to, you would see that i didnt jump in at page 400. i was probably in this thread long before you.
im confused you say what is brought here is not guesses then u say what people brough here are their best guesses.

one problem i have with this swine flu topic is people will use whatever msm sources that fit their story then disreguard the msm when it doesnt fit their story.
when the WHO raised the alert level everyone was ready to use the WHO as a decent source and when the WHO failed to jump up to level 6 they were saying the WHO was hiding something.
picking and choosing MSM sources only to fit your side of something isnt really fair researching.
i will add some people have been guaranteeing certain scenarios without evidence and those promises have failed to materialize.
why am i even replying to you? you said i jumped in at page 400 when i was way in before that , and you tell me to read the whole thread when you clearly havent.
peace

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

The way you explained it is one thing.

The MSM blatantly retracting stories, revising numbers, and denying that it was any kind of problem is another thing entirely.

There's no simpler way to put it. If you cannot see that you are in the wrong thread.

edit: didn't mean to quote the troll. sorry if you saw that eco.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Chilkoot]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
From Bloomberg... Swine Flu Is Spreading Wider Than Official Data Show...

www.bloomberg.com...

"One in 20 cases is being officially reported in the U.S., meaning more than 100,000 people have probably been infected nationwide with the new H1N1 flu strain, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In the U.K., the virus may be 300 times more widespread than health authorities have said, the Independent on Sunday reported yesterday."

"Summer Disease?

“While we are seeing activities decline in some areas, we should expect to see more cases, more hospitalizations and perhaps more deaths over the weeks ahead and possibly into the summer,” Anne Schuchat, CDC’s interim deputy director for science and public health program, told reporters on a May 22 conference call.

The U.S. has officially reported 6,552 probable and confirmed cases, Schuchat said. “These are just the tip of the iceberg. We are estimating more than 100,000 people probably have this virus now in the U.S.”

There have been nine deaths and more than 300 known hospitalizations, she said. The fatalities exclude a woman in her 50s who died in New York over the weekend."

---------

Current Themes

A/H1N1 continues to infect and kill exponentially as the situation slowly worsens.

Word of an antidote given to reverse the disease in U.S. soldiers stationed in Kuwait.

Media blackout, downplay, and spin continues. Journalists have tuned out.

Speculation on nano particles embedded in A/H1N1... this was posed a week or so ago by the avatar of the raven. If it is true, it is very highly classified, so it would be very hard to prove.

A/H1N1 may continue unabated during summer months in the USA, unprecedented but possible... it is a wait-and-see situation.

Jim Marrs is talking A/H1N1 as another inside job, false flag op... I would have to agree something is definitely up. Up to no good. They come right out and admit the official numbers are wrong, under reported, so the media manipulation is a tell tale sign that there is high level control of information which is characteristic of black ops cover. Marrs is more hard hitting than ever in his appraisal of the situation... way to go, Jim, you're awesome!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I am not going to jump all over elitegamer because he has changed his stance on this entire situation that is is choice. He has been here since the early on of this thread and has given some very sound advise.

I was in total freak out mode as this thread started and he sent me some encouraging U2Us on how to prepare and that really helped get me calmed down and look rationally at what was going on. So I have to thank him for that.

I take all of the info posted and digest it as I see fit. I am not going to change my opinion on how this is going to play out for a long time as these types of situation can play out over a very long time.

I am again very greatful for all info given by Ecoparity and our Borg friend
I will continue to visit this thread for a very long time or any other posts that pop up over this swine flu topic and prepare accordingly.

Thanks again everyone for all of the great info.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I appreciate that people like that things are being explained to them.

The "insider" information on this thread really isn't. You can find all of it yourself, if you can understand what is written.

The difference is that someone has interpreted it for you. Or they've asked someone else to interpret it for you, and then conveyed it on.

Most of the information is out there. Much of it is in MSM. But just like in this thread, you and most other people cannot SEE it because it is being interpreted for you. In that framing of the information, they are telling you something ELSE.

This leaves you just as open to manipulation as the "sheep" paying only attention to the Pretty Picture painted around the Data. Picking the opposite isn't the same as thinking.

[edit on 2009/5/25 by Aeons]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

Originally posted by pcgeek

I am not going to jump all over elitegamer because he has changed his stance on this entire situation that is is choice. He has been here since the early on of this thread and has given some very sound advise.

I was in total freak out mode as this thread started and he sent me some encouraging U2Us on how to prepare and that really helped get me calmed down and look rationally at what was going on. So I have to thank him for that.

believe me i was getting close to freak out mode when the WHO raised the alert level to 5 and it appeared as 6 was very near.
the only way i changed my stance is i realized this wasnt something that we have any control over and it wasnt as fatal as it first looked.

in its current state the h1n1 virus is simply a mild virus. i think in iowa 80 people have been confirmed as having the h1n1 virus and zero of them have been hospitalized. its not as deadly as it looked in the first week or two.

i respect you for having the smarts and maturity to not take a herd mentality and that is why you are my friend.

Originally posted by novacs4me

Congratulations! You are the first person to be added to my 'ignore' list! 'Bye!

i will lose no sleep at night.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by elitegamer23]

new topics

top topics

<< 452  453  454    456  457  458 >>

join