It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 446
<< 443  444  445    447  448  449 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

ecoparity, thanks. This is just what I suspected. The problem is I am in Florida for the Memorial Day Weekend and I wont be back in NYC to see my doctor until Wednesday.

I just told my father about my concern, though I didn't mention Swine Flu. I just mentioned these weird symptoms. He swears it's a sign of the onset of diabetes. No mention of Swine Flu whatsoever...but my family knows damn well that I've was sick with flu-like symptoms just a couple of days ago. I am overweight, but I've never had symptoms like this before, and these have just come from "out of the blue". My parents are friends with a family doctor in Florida, and I'm going to ask the doctor about these strange symptoms today.

The level of denial from most of the "sheeple" including family and loved-ones, is frustrating to say the least. I can't even talk about Swine Flu without being labeled a hypochondriac.

Thank God for ATS, or I probably would die in a sea of ignorance.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by shadowmantn
I was told by a medical professional who has treated eight confirmed cases of H1N1 that they all had mild tachycardia.
reply:
I get irregular heart beats often. While I've been sick I can't say that the number of mine have increased or not. Just before symptoms showed, I was getting then more frequently and stronger for 3 or 4 days. That could be during an incubation period ....

A few weeks ago when I had a terrible asthma attack from the flu giving me bacterial bronchitis I went to the ER because frankly I couldn't hardly get any air in my lungs. While there the place was packed back into the over flow rooms and the waiting room was full. After being quarantined away from the severely sick people;I was listening to the doctors talking about a few of the patients who where having heart problems along the lines of murmurs etc.
They where trying to figure out what to do with them because first of all they where really sick and dehydrated; so giving them any kind of super strong heart medication could cause an even bigger problem. I am not sure what they decided to do about it because I told the doctor he needed my bed for someone else and I would rather leave than catch something else on top of what I already had. Luckily for me he understood my situation and agreed it would be best for me to take my medication home and use it there. He made my husband agree to bring me back fast if anything happened and off I went as fast as I could.(he used to drive a race car lol so they knew he could beat the ambulance)
I myself had some of those weird heart murmurs. But at first had chalked it up to the steroids as they can "hype" you up when combined with other asthma medicine. So hearing of people having a heart related problem with this flu does not surprise me at all. The person is already in a seriously weakened state. It isn't a stretch to think they could have a resulting heart murmur etc from it.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Hi all.

I have a RSS feed set up from the Department of health here in the U.K
Have had it a few days and only now has it given any information.

So this is how we are kept up to date here in the U.K from our government,
giving us the info after everyone else has got the info first.

Very reassuring

Says the 23rd only came up today

23 rd May D.O.H.

Summary of the last couple of days.

www.dh.gov.uk

[edit on 24/5/09 by gallifreyan medic]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
It is reported the true infected number is 30,000 in the United Kingdom. Not sure if any member has posted the article from The Independent today, but a leading scientists has confirmed the above figure.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I think this is sound and sane advice no matter what might (and it will!) happen in the next few months!!!
It's amazing: people stick their heads in the sand and live their "whatever"
lives and then when something changes and they "need"...well...you have to understand!!!

I see it with employees and friends,they choose not to plan at all and then expect someone who has to "carry them..."

I also have no problem lending a hand,I'm also good to go for at least a year but won't be sucked dry either,people need to step up.

Again and always the clarity and sharing on this thread may just lead to some of us being "safer" if/when it all goes amuck.I have little reason to have faith in anyone other than like-minded people these days and also truly believe that we haven't seen the worst of this virus.
Thanks to all!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
In regards to allergy season and symptoms, it IS allergy season here, big time. I know when I walk outside and see certain flowering trees and bushes in bloom, my eyes start watering and I begin sneezing, there's no mistaking this. There are people who are sniffly or sneezy. The best way I cope with it is to shop late at night, avoid crowded places, and continue being careful about handwashing and using anti bacterial wipes over groceries before bringing them in.

I want to dispel *some* panic. There's no need to be in a panic when it could be allergies. Just continue using protective measures.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by winotka

Hmm...ducks and geese. I was just checking Alaska's dept. of health and it was asking people to let them know if they find 5 or more dead birds. That reminded me of when the West Nile virus got to TN and the health dept. didn't even bother testing the dead bird by our house. They just went ahead and counted it positive.

I noticed on WV's dept. of health site there is a probable case. I also saw a scroll that Iceland confirmed its first case.

Dead birds have been something I have been following since last fall before I had even bacame a member here on ATS............

My personal belief (that is until this noval virus hit the stage) was that somehow H5N1 would be released here in the states forcing a manditory vaccination by the government......not to bring up the whole Baxter H5N1 vaccination issue..........

Just over the past 8 months there have been many cases or events of birds dying by the masses in the US...........Washington DC 2/09, NJ 1/09, NC 08, California and the entire west coast.......

I know the CDC was actively involved and I was told to be very skeptical of the media reports...................

Just this past March a poultry farm in KY was detected of having H5N1...........All the birds on the farm were killed and no other farms were infected.........The media reports released stated it was a lessor strain of the virus unlike the deadly strains found in other countries..............

Just two days ago a member on one of the Dead Bird threads posted that he was seeing dead birds in KS.........

Speaking of China..............Just a couple months ago a very desturbing event took place that was not allowed to be covered by the media........In two seperate events......inbound flights that originated from China.......Two pasengers where detained/arrested for carrying in their suitcases live small birds.......It was around 100 birds........I believe they were canaries.......I just know the birds were not exotic birds that had any real value...........What makes this event more important is how these birds were packed.....Each bird was packed in very small individual containers to insure they would survive the trip..........

I was not privledged to any further information to the event........but made aware of the threat.....

I bring this information into this thread because I have a gut feeling that seeing dead birds by the masses, H5N1 and Noval H1N1 or what ever mutated strain will all be linked as time unfolds.........

I asked Hx3 the other day to add "dead birds" in his news feeds..........

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by shadowmantn
I was told by a medical professional who has treated eight confirmed cases of H1N1 that they all had mild tachycardia.
reply:
I get irregular heart beats often. While I've been sick I can't say that the number of mine have increased or not. Just before symptoms showed, I was getting then more frequently and stronger for 3 or 4 days. That could be during an incubation period ....

A few weeks ago when I had a terrible asthma attack from the flu giving me bacterial bronchitis I went to the ER because frankly I couldn't hardly get any air in my lungs. While there the place was packed back into the over flow rooms and the waiting room was full. After being quarantined away from the severely sick people;I was listening to the doctors talking about a few of the patients who where having heart problems along the lines of murmurs etc.
They where trying to figure out what to do with them because first of all they where really sick and dehydrated; so giving them any kind of super strong heart medication could cause an even bigger problem. I am not sure what they decided to do about it because I told the doctor he needed my bed for someone else and I would rather leave than catch something else on top of what I already had. Luckily for me he understood my situation and agreed it would be best for me to take my medication home and use it there. He made my husband agree to bring me back fast if anything happened and off I went as fast as I could.(he used to drive a race car lol so they knew he could beat the ambulance)
I myself had some of those weird heart murmurs. But at first had chalked it up to the steroids as they can "hype" you up when combined with other asthma medicine. So hearing of people having a heart related problem with this flu does not surprise me at all. The person is already in a seriously weakened state. It isn't a stretch to think they could have a resulting heart murmur etc from it.

Look, there's a valid reason for the anxiety and heart rhythm issues, they're more a symptom of the anxiety causing the heart beat to rise suddenly than a true heart timing issue that will kill someone. It's not related to the cases of accelerated death, I don't want anyone to be worried. It's not that big of a deal but does indicate periods of increased immune response. It would be helpful to try and drink or even eat something if possible and if you can pick out specific times that are more intense than others those would be good times to take any anti virals you might be on including herbal and colloidal silver, etc.

We don't need to get into it beyond that right now, I want people to relax and not make the anxiety worse - I assure you, it's not an indication of heart problems. If you're having breathing issues at the same time with confusion, dizziness and blue lips or fingers you should get to the ER and have your respiration checked (just to rule out contraindications).

The Doctors could have given the patients an opiate pain killer. Morphine is excellent for increasing blood flow and steadying the heart not to mention it would have made the flu a lot more bearable. Stupid ER docs and the "everyone's a junky or about to be one" bull# mentality.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Edited to reply to infinite

It is reported the true infected number is 30,000 in the United Kingdom. Not sure if any member has posted the article from The Independent today, but a leading scientists has confirmed the above figure

Still waiting for the main tv news sources to do what they should and report these things.Sparsely in the papers there has been articles of such but do not get followed up.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

Originally posted by winotka

Hmm...ducks and geese. I was just checking Alaska's dept. of health and it was asking people to let them know if they find 5 or more dead birds. That reminded me of when the West Nile virus got to TN and the health dept. didn't even bother testing the dead bird by our house. They just went ahead and counted it positive.

I noticed on WV's dept. of health site there is a probable case. I also saw a scroll that Iceland confirmed its first case.

Dead birds have been something I have been following since last fall before I had even bacame a member here on ATS............

My personal belief (that is until this noval virus hit the stage) was that somehow H5N1 would be released here in the states forcing a manditory vaccination by the government......not to bring up the whole Baxter H5N1 vaccination issue..........

Just over the past 8 months there have been many cases or events of birds dying by the masses in the US...........Washington DC 2/09, NJ 1/09, NC 08, California and the entire west coast.......

I know the CDC was actively involved and I was told to be very skeptical of the media reports...................

Just this past March a poultry farm in KY was detected of having H5N1...........All the birds on the farm were killed and no other farms were infected.........The media reports released stated it was a lessor strain of the virus unlike the deadly strains found in other countries..............

Just two days ago a member on one of the Dead Bird threads posted that he was seeing dead birds in KS.........

Speaking of China..............Just a couple months ago a very desturbing event took place that was not allowed to be covered by the media........In two seperate events......inbound flights that originated from China.......Two pasengers where detained/arrested for carrying in their suitcases live small birds.......It was around 100 birds........I believe they were canaries.......I just know the birds were not exotic birds that had any real value...........What makes this event more important is how these birds were packed.....Each bird was packed in very little individual containers to insure they would survive the trip..........

I was not privledged to any further information to the event........but made aware of the threat.....

I bring this information into this thread because I have a gut feeling that seeing dead birds by the masses, H5N1 and Noval H1N1 or what ever mutated strain will all be linked as time unfolds.........

I asked Hx3 the other day to add "dead birds" in his news feeds..........

The only thing that's saved us from an avian to human H5N1 jump in the US is the fact we don't let farm poultry walk in and out of our bedrooms and kitchens.
That and the fact that the outbreaks in Asia kill people so fast they burn out before they can spread past 100 victims.

so far . . .

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Just to confirm my theory . . .

Would the people who still have anxiety or have had it as a symptom of the virus think if they have felt like shivering when the anxiety is peaking or actually gotten the shivers at those times?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

umm.. not freaking out worried or much of anything and I DO know what anxiety is I have frontal lobe seizures; You know the anxiety attacks that don't stop unless I take my med's?
I was simply replying to the post with information I had obtained in while in the ER. Besides that anxiety is a chemical reaction that leads to a release of adrenaline....fight or flight response everyone has it at one time or another in their life time.
Also the best foods to eat are natural ones like a piece of fruit or a small salad with some whole grain bread or a roll. The complex carbs and natural sugars help to regulate it better than processed foods. Warm water with lemon is also a great help...

I think that perhaps people are getting a little to jumpy about how "other's" are feeling around here lately. Every other thread has someone on it scolding someone else about "panicking". GET OVER IT we are educated adults , if not and this issue bothers you find another one to follow. It is that SIMPLE. We don't need to be policing other people's feeling's that is "their" responsibility not ours.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
There is a good video from Good Morning America concerning the upcoming vaccination.........

Here is the thread........

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

My only anxiety thing was that I couldn't sleep. It wasn't because of the symptoms ... it was like the sandman just kept forgetting to come by and dust me .... that kind of thing.

I didn't feel uptight. I just couldn't find the sleep ...

I have irregular heat beats all the time. It runs in my family. As I said - I didn't have an increase during the illness (which I'm on day 15 and still coughing) ... but for about 4 days before symptoms I had a big increase in them .. both increase in number of them and increase in length of time/strength.

Nothing requiring the hospital (and I have had to go to the hospital for them in the past). Anxiety doesn't cause them for me ... it's other things. Probably electrical.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Clouds ask me to move these posts here for yer viewing dis-pleasure... :shk:

Hmmm...
Oxford County : Dead Bird Findings No Longer Have To Be Reported
cd989.com...

Bird die-off in Marin, other coastal areas a mystery
Mark Prado
05/04/2009 10:21:40 PM PDT
www.contracostatimes.com...

Endangered species of birds found dead in greenhouse
21 May 2009
www.euroweeklynews.com...

Fresh Bird flu scare in N Dinajpur
www.thestatesman.net...

Lots of Dead Birds on Central Coast Beaches
May 13, 2009 08:46 PM
www.kionrightnow.com...

Hundreds of dead birds on Bay Area beaches
Saturday, May 2, 2009
sfgate.com

[edit on 5/24/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Hi ecoparity,
thanks for your replies, no offense taken. The point to my questions is that preparing for such a thing is a major pain, since most of the stuff one needs to collect have expiration dates. So what good is it to buy months worth of food and medication if it expires, even the thought of managing a pantry or medication and disinfection supplies etc. gives me the chills. I have already read some of the manuals and understand the basics of a lockdown. But being a single student without a car and living in a relatively small apartment without having huge space for a pantry in an apartment complex with many other people makes this very difficult. Lucky for me, the virus is not in front of my door yet; the other point of my question is that if you yourself point out that one cannot trust the authorities to give correct information, it is highly probable that one gets infected because one simply did not know the virus was in the vicinity, thus rendering all lockdown preparations useless. I mean, you yourself got infected, so had this been a lethal variant, your preparations would have been useless; that's why the timing in all of this is very crucial.

My other motivation for asking is that I am still not sure whether to take this as a really serious threat to such an extent that I should now spend time and resources to prepare for it. Reading all the sources and posts do hint to a need for a high level of preparedness; yet, in the past there were often situations where I thought that a catastrophe is imminent, and none came and all preparations were for naught. Taking stuff like this extremely serious has tended to be a little bit OCD'ish in the past for me, and I now wonder (for myself personally, without implying anything in regard to you or anyone else) whether my fears and concerns are serious or should be disregarded as just another OCD'ish exaggerated thought to which the only adequate reply would be to ignore it. In the past days, I have spent too much money to buy masks, gloves, food etc. and I am beginning to ask myself if I have just thrown money out of the window for nothing. But as someone else said, one's feelings are not exactly the topic here, so please forgive me for the digression.

Many greetings

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
On sky news.

11 more U.K cases

Eleven more people in the UK have been confirmed with the swine flu virus, taking the total to 133.

On bbc news.

BBC news online

WHO says 12,022 cases world wide.
Yeah right.Look at infinites last post.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

You don't even need to look as far as a special looking lab in the biotech industry.

Any research hospital works with viruses and bacteria for research in secret.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The proper way to store food is to rotate your stock! I find the biggest mistake people make is purchasing things they won't use at all until TSHTF! You stock what you use, and you use what you stock. Honestly it makes very good fiscal sense too. If a person has a years supply of food and are rotating and using it up, they are eating food at the cost of a year ago. It is not hard to manage this.

A permanent marker should be used to place the month and year on cans and boxed goods. Boxed goods have a very short shelf life so they need to be rotated and checked regularly. A good practice is to take your flour based products and flour and place it in a freezer for a week or so as that will kill the little nasty bug eggs that are in all such products. As I have said many times before Mormons are the ones with the best methods and their info is readily available at lds.org.

Funny anxiety and the shakes should be mentioned. I had repeated shaking episodes and was also unable to draw breath as someone else posted. It was pretty bad. Once they put me on the Zythromyacin and Prednisone I attributed the stressful antsy feeling to the steroids. Perhaps that now needs to be rethought.

The one bad residual issue I am still having is the most horrible muscular pull in the right upper abdominal area, just below the rib cage. I did cough myself into a frenzy and had the usual pulls in the groin and back of the ribs, but this is bad! It hurts all the time and if I lean on the counter and it touches that area, it is like fire shooting through the spot. I did call the doctor but they assured me it is a muscle thing from coughing so much. I just find it strange that this started when the coughing was subsiding. It is getting worse now instead of better but I am coughing less and less with every passing day. Interesting!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Citycruiser

Hi ecoparity,
The point to my questions is that preparing for such a thing is a major pain, since most of the stuff one needs to collect have expiration dates. So what good is it to buy months worth of food and medication if it expires, even the thought of managing a pantry or medication and disinfection supplies etc. gives me the chills. I have already read some of the manuals and understand the basics of a lockdown. But being a single student without a car and living in a relatively small apartment without having huge space for a pantry in an apartment complex with many other people makes this very difficult.

hi - I'm not eco obviously - but thought I could offer a few ideas on this part at least - I only have a closet as a pantry - we put shelves in it and that is what I use - but I also have a few extra things that won't fit in there under a bed in containers I can slide in and out -- But to avoid the expiration thing - I keep a list of what I have on a yellow pad and as I use or add to the pantry I mark it on the list - I also try to group items by expiration time - keeping the longest time to expire towards the back - and moving things up as I buy new - it is only a pain the first time you set it up after that it is a breeze

I also shop by sales - so if something that would work for a variety of recipes - as an example -- is on sale - I will buy a few of them - that is one of my criteria on food btw - it has to be able to work in a variety of recipes - to try to prevent boredom if I am relying on my pantry for food. Sometimes a small change in what you are doing to something can make a huge difference in how it tastes and keep you from being bored.

So get creative on where you store things - and remember that if you are single you only have to buy for one - so you won't need as much room as a family for storage - plus you can get more than one meal from most thing and that will help - try to make it a game - of what can I do with.... and where can I store ..... -- that helps me a lot when I am planning things -- heck I will make a game out of anything

Just an example of out of the box thinking - for cases of water - you could stack 3 or 4 of them and put a piece of plywood on top and cover it with a tablecloth or something and have an end table or bedside table - the table will get shorter as you use it but when you buy one to replace what you have used it will grow again -- you can do that with the boxes of soda or beer if you are so inclined also

I've had years of practice doing this with hurricane prep. - but I am ramping my stores up not only because of this but also because I'm not feeling all that great about the economy and buying more than one of something at the cheapest price I can get stretches the retirement income.

I also make my own bread dough (btw Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day is the best book EVER and it literally only takes 5 minutes to throw it together) and by having a container of dough in the fridge I can do bread, pizza, calzone, stromboli, focaccia, English Muffins, nahn, pita at a moments notice (sorry for misspellings there) I will also be making more pasta - simple to do and cheap - and we are eating a LOT more rice and beans - I actually treated myself to the cadillac of rice cookers for my bday (not necessary but an indulgence) - So if you enjoy any of those things they are great to have on hand. Also polenta, grits, oatmeal -- all things that are good for extra if you eat them.

So you don't have to be OCD about your plans and supplies - just be a bit organized. Buy a few extra of things you use when they are on sale. Believe me having things on hand like this has come in handy many times over the years - storms, illness, even during long strikes when no real money was coming in.

I have the benefit of having had parents and family who lived thru the depression (many of you are too young for that
) and they really stressed having these things all my life - and they taught me to stretch food and then what to do with leftovers to stretch them even further - also living in an area with major storms and long power outages just reinforced their teachings on a regular basis.

hope this was a help in generating some ideas and ways to do it so it isn't stressful.

new topics

top topics

<< 443  444  445    447  448  449 >>

join