It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 444
<< 441  442  443    445  446  447 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by xtr3m3paranoia
reply to post by jonny2410

Sorry to jump on the band wagon but I saw a few pages back someone saying about pig flu being a bit of an over reaction because there arent infected people wondering around clogging up ER's? Where I live there are signs in all the GP surgeries and ER telling anyone with symptoms to stay home in quarantine and call their doctor. Unless your half dead and need emergency care no one is interested.

What would you like them to do? Where should those people be? What actions should be taken other than that?

The point I was making (rather badly) was that the previous poster probably wont see infected people in ER's and doctors surgeries or wandering the streets so its impossible to know how many people have pig flu or how bad they are (unless you believe MSM ,CDC and WHO reports).

In answer to your question being at home is probably the best place for most people while they are ill. I should have clarified I meant that only seriously ill people in hospital seem to get tested not those quarantined at home so the 'official' number of cases is inaccurate.

Sorry for my garbled responses.....suffering sleep deprivation due to worry and a new baby!

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
WHO Data - ACTUAL - As of 06:00 GMT, 23 May 2009

Date - Confirmed - Deaths - (Countries) - Mortality%

27/04 - 73 - 7 - (4) - 9.59%
28/04 - 105 - 7 - (7) - 6.67%
29/04 - 148 - 8 - (9) - 5.41%
30/04 - 257 - 8 - (11) - 3.11%
01/05 - 367 - 10 - (13) - 2.72%
02/05 - 658 - 17 - (16) - 2.58%
03/05 - 898 - 20 - (18) - 2.23%
04/05 - 1085 - 26 - (21) - 2.40%
05/05 - 1490 - 30 - (21) - 2.01%
06/05 - 1893 - 31 - (23) - 1.64%
07/05 - 2371 - 44 - (24) - 1.86%
08/05 - 2500 - 44 - (25) - 1.76%
09/05 - 3440 - 48 - (29) - 1.40%
10/05 - 4379 - 49 - (29) - 1.12%
11/05 - 4694 - 53 - (30) - 1.13%
12/05 - 5251 - 61 - (30) - 1.16%
13/05 - 5728 - 61 - (33) - 1.06%
14/05 - 6497 - 65 - (33) - 1.00%
15/05 - 7520 - 65 - (34) - 0.86%
16/05 - 8451 - 72 - (36) - 0.85%
17/05 - 8480 - 72 - (39) - 0.85%
18/05 - 8829 - 74 - (40) - 0.84%
19/05 - 9830 - 79 - (40) - 0.80%
20/05 - 10,243 - 80 - (41) - 0.78%
21/05 - 11,034 - 85 - (41) - 0.77%
22/05 - 11,168 - 86 - (42) - 0.77%
23/05 - 12,022 - 86 - (43) - 0.72%

An increase of 844 (7.6%) of confirmed cases since yesterday
An increase of 0 (0.00%) deaths since yesterday

An average 22.9% increase of confirmed cases each day
An average 11.1% increase of deaths each day

WHO - Influenza A(H1N1) - update 37

The breakdown of the number of laboratory-confirmed cases by country is given at source.

Country - Cases - Deaths - (increase of confirmed,deaths from previous day)

Argentina - 1 - 0
Australia - 12 - 0 (+5,0)
Austria - 1 - 0
Belgium - 7 - 0 (+2,0)
Brazil - 8 - 0
Canada - 719 - 1 (NO CHANGE)
Chile - 24 - 0
China - 11 - 0
Colombia - 12 - 0
Costa Rica - 20 - 1
Cuba - 4 - 0
Denmark - 1 - 0
Ecuador - 8 - 0
El Salvador - 6 - 0
Finland - 2 - 0
France - 16 - 0
Germany - 17 - 0 (+3,0)
Greece - 1 - 0
Guatemala - 4 - 0
India - 1 - 0
Ireland - 1 - 0
Israel - 7 - 0
Italy - 14 - 0 (+4,0)
Japan - 321 - 0 (+27,0)
Korea, - 3 - 0
Malaysia - 2 - 0
Mexico - 3892 - 75 (NO CHANGE)
Netherlands- 3 - 0
New Zealand- 9 - 0
Norway - 4 - 0 (+1,0)
Panama - 76 - 0 (+3,0)
Peru - 5 - 0
Philippines - 1 - 0
Poland - 2 - 0
Portugal - 1 - 0
Russia - 1 - 0 (NEW)
Spain - 126 - 0 (+13,0)
Sweden - 3 - 0
Switzerland- 2 - 0 (+1,0)
Thailand - 2 - 0
Turkey - 2 - 0
UK - 115 - 0 (+5,0)
USA - 6552 - 9 (+788,0)

Total - 12,022 - 86 (24hr inc 854,0)

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by double_frick
swine flu causes heart attack and nervous symptoms? (ats thread)

i just asked another member about this issue....
but now (after reading this thread) i'm even more concerned....

is there any word out there that the swine flu can cause unexplainable panic attacks or tachycardia?

i have been having these strange symptoms the last couple days...my boyfriend has too. when it happens it feels as if i am going to have a panic attack...my heart races...and i get really sick to my stomach. it lasts for a longer period of time than a panic attack but doesn't get any worse than a racing heart and near vomiting...
we've also been really sick to our stomachs...in the bathroom a lot, if you know what i mean. and just generally get waves of that "hit by a truck" feeling...

we both had a pretty serious flu 2-3 months ago...
2-4 weeks ago one of my boyfriends co workers was confirmed as having swine flu...

[edit on 23-5-2009 by double_frick]

I was told by a medical professional who has treated eight confirmed cases of H1N1 that they all had mild tachycardia. I didn't think much of it until I just read this.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Utah officials report 1st swine flu-related death

2009-05-24 03:20:00

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — State health officials are reporting the first death associated with swine flu in Utah.

David Sundwall, executive director of the Utah Department of Health, says a 22-year-old man with swine flu died Wednesday morning at a Salt Lake City hospital.

Sundwall says the man was overweight and had chronic medical conditions, including respiratory problems and other health issues, that would put him at risk.

Dagmar Vitek, medical director for the Salt Lake Valley Health Department, says an investigation to determine how the man contracted the virus is under way. She says officials don't believe he traveled recently.

Not including the Utah death, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports eight swine flu deaths in the United States.

Anyone take thos numbers of 11% growth in cases that result in death and project it forward a month?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Even more concerning is this percentage. Read and worry.

Mexico Swine-Flu Deaths Have Now Reached 80 Times Story

"The 80 deaths are 1.9 percent of the total number of confirmed cases of infection, and only in eight of them were the first symptoms noted after April 23, the date when the alert was sounded about the outbreak of swine flu, the secretariat said in a communique."

That is a 1.9 percent, many times over a simple flu.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by xtr3m3paranoia

New babies - beautiful. joyous, sleep depriving demons.
I have never been so terrorized as by a baby who refuses to sleep for days on end.

Officiial numbers will alwsy be out of whack, that's true. They will only reflect severity and direction of spread. How fast, how far, routes of transmission.

All the stats should have been seen through this lens from the beginning. Logically it would be impossible for any labratory anywhere to ever keep up with testing all suspected cases.

Worse, since there are 5 other similar viruses making the rounds unseasonably late, all those cases would need to be tested too.

It simply isn't possible.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
More good news from the WHO:

www.reuters.com...

"GENEVA, May 22 (Reuters) - The world must be ready for H1N1 swine flu to become more severe and kill more people, World Health Organization chief Dr. Margaret Chan said on Friday.

A genetic analysis of the new virus showed it must have been circulating undetected for some time, in pigs or perhaps in other animals.

The WHO is poised to declare a full pandemic of the virus, which has infected more than 11,000 people in 42 countries and killed 86. And U.S. health officials released $1 billion for companies to get started on a vaccine in case it is needed."

And:

"They confirmed it is a hybrid of two other mixtures -- one a so-called triple reassortant of pig, bird and human viruses, and another group of swine viruses from Europe and Asia."

All/any thoughts on this welcomed by me at least...it's gonna' get dicey.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by irishchic]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

"GENEVA, May 22 (Reuters) - The world must be ready for H1N1 swine flu to become more severe and kill more people, World Health Organization chief Dr. Margaret Chan said on Friday.

Between the lines it reads, "once we stop spinning the numbers, because they are getting too large to spin people may begin to worry with reason." I also noted that the recent death in UT today was an obese man, just great... in a nation of overweight children. This is going to go so well. Check please.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic
More good news from the WHO:

www.reuters.com...

A genetic analysis of the new virus showed it must have been circulating undetected for some time, in pigs or perhaps in other animals.

"They confirmed it is a hybrid of two other mixtures -- one a so-called triple reassortant of pig, bird and human viruses, and another group of swine viruses from Europe and Asia."

All/any thoughts on this welcomed by me at least...it's gonna' get dicey.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by irishchic]

That's the closest they've come to admitting the virus is a lab origin bug. It would have had to have been circulating for a looooong time. More than long enough to have been detected somewhere.

Then they come right out and admit it's a hybrid. Now these things individually are not all that abnormal but to get them all in one package? I've noticed all talk of the recent analysis papers has vanished. The people who performed the analysis aren't saying much these days either.

A couple or even just one more story in the press of some well respected geneticist claiming the flu is man-made and it will be damn hard to put the genie back in the bottle. You can bet there is all kinds of pressure being applied to Dr Gibbs to retract his findings. A research team I have spoken with who found the same conclusion as Gibbs has come under pressure from the University to either "reconsider" the conclusion or scrap the release of the analysis paper entirely.

ETA: the "only other animal" this bug could have been hiding out in would be humans far away from medical care or wild birds. Ducks and Geese to be exact. I do seem to recall a story about avian flu killing wild geese in Germany a while back. They were dropping out of the sky like bombs . . .
Even better is the fact that a certain vaccine maker we've mentioned who has been implicated in the release of this virus by certain researchers has a bio 4 facility fairly close to the area in Germany where these Geese were pitching out of the sky.
Curiouser and curiouser

[edit on 23-5-2009 by ecoparity]

[edit on 23-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
If someone were to create a virus for the purposes of population reduction I would expect that they would design it to target certain 'problem' groups... the populations of certain countries that are drains on their resources... people with existing health issues that are drains on their healthcare systems (especally in countries with nationalised healthcare)... the elderly (who are now living longer and drawing state pensions for longer that we can no longer really afford to pay)... people on low incomes who have to be financially supported... unborn children and the young to reduce the population of the next generation.

This virus does this both directly and indirectly so I am having a hard time believing that this isn't man made.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
so I have upped my C and D (which I had upped somewhat because of bone issues) but I am unfamiliar with colloidal silver - what exactly do you do with it? I have seen bottles of it at the health food store etc but never knew how to use it...

btw - on the obese thing - personally - I think that is just another thing they are putting out as an underlying condition because it will cover more people and they are running out of ideas of what to blame it on -

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I think almost everyone these days has an underlying condition!

If they do not they will create one, like you dye your hair, so you have sye poisoning, not the flu!

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
What we need is some bright lady to put all the pieces together. (Yes, I'll bet money a lady will be the one to do it). Like the bright lady who put together the story of where avian flu first came from . . .

She tracked the origin of avian flu to a specific region in China. Now this region is not a farming area, wouldn't you know. It's a sparsely populated area with rural villages spread here and there. The locals keep livestock for food but the primary industry in these villages was related to woodworking, fishing and even mining. The food production is localized with each family growing small gardens and buying the rest of what they need from the local store or collecting an allotment from the communists.

The area surrounds a very large lake.

On an island of this lake sits a Chinese military bio lab. It's said the entire Chinese biological weapons program spawned from this single, large facility. The facility is monstrously huge with deep underground caverns and its own military base for protection.

One day, the chickens the villagers keep for food (and sleeping companions) began to drop dead. One at a time at first and then entire "flocks". Not long after the local wild birds started falling out of the sky and trees. No indications of illness just "plop".

Then the villagers, the children to be exact became ill. Much like our current visitor they would feel "flu-ish" in the morning and be dead before midnight.

PLA technicians showed up quickly. Too quick to have been summoned given the distance of the village from the nearest medical facility. They came with soldiers and the entire membership of the expedition were dressed in "space suits". Incidentally, the soldiers came from upwind . . .

They took blood from the villagers, the livestock (alive and dead) and bundled the dead bodies into heavy rubber bags which were placed in heavy metallic cases with fat silicon gaskets on them. The witnesses claimed a liquid of some kind was poured over the bodies prior to sealing the caskets, a clear liquid, syrup like that covered the wrapped bodies completely.

The surviving villagers were placed in buses that were modified heavily. They resembled refrigeration trucks with huge air units humming away, 4 inch thick casings over the windows and airlocks at the doorways. They were stripped down, washed with chemicals that burned the skin, forced to drink a nasty fluid of some sort and given paper coveralls to wear for the ride.

As they sat on the bus waiting to leave they watched the soldiers shooting the living animals and either package them up for transport or piled into fires the soldiers started with gasoline. Helicopters began to fly over the village and as they began to spray something the remaining birds fell from the trees and died.

The few villagers who survived, (many of the ones taken away that day became ill quickly on the way to the military base) were relocated to other villages, given a little money to start over with and told they could never return to their old homes. A few tried and found there was nothing remaining of the towns they had been born and lived in for so many years. Every structure was burned to the ground or dismantled and buried under a huge concrete dome which is guarded by armed soldiers to this day. Even the road signs and maps were changed to erase the villages completely.

The villagers from this incident were actually lucky. There have been other incidents in the region around this lake which are said to have been resolved in a much different manner where no one was taken away on buses to start over again.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
wow eco - I don't doubt what you just told us at all - but my reaction to it is YIKES

you all have to realize that I live within spitting distance of Plum Island - so I have a healthy doubt of government facilities and how secure they say they are - I could never get past the idea that birds flew back and forth and deer swam back and forth not to mention flies and mosquitoes etc. Can we say Lyme Disease which the majority of local people have or have had and have problems from ....

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
I think almost everyone these days has an underlying condition!

Yes - I would agree with that. And I believe this has also been "manufactured" in a way that has left our bodies in a very vulnerable state.

Rise in respiratory issues - 2005
www.eustat.es/elementos/ele0004100/not0004106_i.pdf

Our bodies are ripe for failure -
That doesn't mean to say we cannot find our way back to health -

I also thought this was some interesting reading -
something to look at while they have us looking the other way...
www.geis.fhp.osd.mil/GEIS/SurveillanceActivities/IOM/IOM_PDFS/NHRC_IOM_GEIS_December2006_NHRC.pdf

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by justme1640

Who knows, you might still think there's pots in the intersection.

Couldn't resist. I know it doesn't usually work quite that way.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Anxiety? Is it because the body is stressed?

My allergies do make me a little edgy, especially when I start having a sneezing fit.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by justme1640
wow eco - I don't doubt what you just told us at all - but my reaction to it is YIKES

you all have to realize that I live within spitting distance of Plum Island - so I have a healthy doubt of government facilities and how secure they say they are - I could never get past the idea that birds flew back and forth and deer swam back and forth not to mention flies and mosquitoes etc. Can we say Lyme Disease which the majority of local people have or have had and have problems from ....

Plum island has some interesting stories of it's own. There have been a few incidents involving escaped lab animals and new diseases originating in the town across from it. (Lyme disease is one of the more interesting examples, as you've noticed).

Plum Island is a bio level 3 facility and applied for and was granted permission to upgrade to level 4/5 but they've had problems with funding. I seem to remember a story breaking a while back that indicated a bio level 5 contagion had escaped from the facility. The accusation is that they are performing work on level 4 and 5 agents without the proper safeguards to contain them.

This would explain why most of the release incidents have been proceeded by power failures in the area. A level 3 facility will lose positive air pressure containment when power fails but the agents being worked on at that level are still safe without it (non airborne, etc). There are also containment processes and devices in place to keep lab animals from escaping a level 4 / 6 facility that are not in place with a lower level.

People should read "hotzone" (though I think it has a new title now). It's about an incident in the US involving ebola infected monkeys and a very poorly managed lab. The author of the book was trying to warn us about the many short cuts and bad operators in the biotech industry. Even level 2 testing labs which use monkeys and rats to test cosmetics and other products have had outbreaks of level 5 contagions like Ebola due to criminals in the supply chain who choose to ignore the safety controls so they can make even more money. One example would be selling these lower security labs monkeys captured from known ebola infected regions and importing them with fake papers (easier to bring an infected animal in when they aren't tested).

We are all at the mercy of the lowest common denominator. All it takes is a single greedy human combined with a regulatory system "streamlined" to make things easier for "business". This same "streamlining" has been performed on the FDA to eliminate safety controls and testing in food products, drugs, drinking water - you name it. Democrats and Republicans alike work to "eliminate the bottlenecks" for business so they can "compete with foreign suppliers".

Like China, for example.

I think we all know what a great job China is doing producing safe products for a responsible market.

China is one of my biggest pet peeves, to be completely open and honest. I despise China as a trade partner and feel they should be banned from trade completely in the US, UK and so on.

China has a cultural defect that allows them to cheat and steal, basically. I know that sounds terribly prejudiced but it's true.

They will clone anything they can get an example of and sell the clones with every effort to convince people they are genuine. The clones might not even work, they might be dangerously defective or contain chemicals that will main or kill you and there is no system in place to guard against them.

There is no mechanism in China to go after the criminals. NONE

There are millions of websites online that sell everything you can imagine at prices that range from "below cost" to "too cheap to be true". The majority of these sites are run from China and anyone who buys from them will either get a fake item or nothing at all. No one will help you if you fall victim to Chinese criminals. Not the FBI or the Police and most certainly not anyone in China itself.

They knowingly ship food products containing poison. Baby formula with industrial chemicals substituted for milk, deadly poison because it made a little more profit. Toys with lead paint, dog and cat food that killed every animal that consumed it. Ask people in Florida about the drywall filled with arsenic and cyanide that is not only killing the people living in the houses but also eating the electrical wiring so the entire house will have to destroyed and the land declared an EPA toxic site.

Now the number one company awarded the vaccine production contract against swine flu is. . . . .Chinese!

Guess which company already claims to have a vaccine ready to go? The Chinese one!

The Bush and Clinton families have very, very lucrative ties to China. This tradition of our presidents making family investments in China started with Nixon and continues to this day. (You didn't think Obama wasn't in on it did you)?

Mark my words. These coming vaccines will either not work or they will create problems. If people don't just die outright from them they will develop other health problems. Best of all Obama has already announced the vaccines will be mandatory. That means you take them at gunpoint and if you refuse they can quarantine you until you do take them. Put you in prison or even shoot you on the spot under a declared emergency.

They have big plans for this virus. I'm afraid we haven't seen the last of it nor the worst. They don't have people scared enough to accomplish what they hope to do.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Hmm...ducks and geese. I was just checking Alaska's dept. of health and it was asking people to let them know if they find 5 or more dead birds. That reminded me of when the West Nile virus got to TN and the health dept. didn't even bother testing the dead bird by our house. They just went ahead and counted it positive.

I noticed on WV's dept. of health site there is a probable case. I also saw a scroll that Iceland confirmed its first case.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Those are some very very scary stories that you posted
Thanks a lot for the info though. It really shows the disreguard show to the population by these corporations.

I think the new scariest word for me is "Mandatory Vaccine" , Not economic crisis, WW3, Global Meltdown, swine flu or any of the other scary words out there. Now knowing that china has the contract and it will be ready by June. No freaking way, how is that even possible. People saying it would be months away and now by June.

It will be scary months ahead of us with life altering decisions to be made by everyone. Do we run for the hills or let them force us to take these.

I know the decision that I will have to make and that will be to take it. I have pleaded with my wife to not get any mandatory vaccine for her or my son. She will not listen and says she will take it if it can keep us from getting sick. My only hope is that they dont make it manditory

[edit on 5/23/2009 by pcgeek]

top topics

<< 441  442  443    445  446  447 >>

join