It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 447
<< 444  445  446    448  449  450 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Asherah

I think the one take away before assuming flu infection even with this one with its odd profile there is one very consistent symptom.

Fatigue.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Here's another of yer "Bird Smugglers" :shk:

Man pleads not guilty to bird-smuggling charges
www.ocregister.com...

What's the deal here...Bizarro-Terrorism?!?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Pets.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Why would there be an intentional release of H1N1 that might concentrate in North America?

How about, viral infective innoculation of the population to H5N1?

Infection with this virus can lead to cross reactive antibodies to H5N1.

www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
OK does anyone find this situation a little strange? Less than 24 hours ago the first report was made that soldiers in Kuwait had the flu.

Today they report that they have all, “recovered after treatment”, as of 3 hours ago.

Troops recover from flu

By DIANA ELIAS – 3 hours ago

KUWAIT CITY (AP) — Eighteen U.S. soldiers infected with swine flu have recovered after treatment on an American base in Kuwait and left the country, a Kuwaiti health official said Sunday.

“18 swine flu-infected US troops have left the country.”

"They were treated and they have fully recovered," said Youssef Mandakar, deputy head of Kuwait's public health department.

So my confusion is that they are claiming to be able to induce "recovery" in less than 24 hours. I sure wonder what is considered for one to be recovered.

This does not sound like the flu I have been reading about. Another case of spinning the truth or do they have a miracle cure that only our troops can receive?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Such test reports are probably between 3 and 7 days old.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

I couldn't agree more. Several years ago when the bird flu fear hit, I panic bought lots of stuff including a whole whack of supplies I would never normally use - things like dozens of tinned vege in all varieties , tinned fruit, about 100 tinned soups, cartons of long life milk, dried onions, dried eggs...needless to say it got chucked out as I never eat the stuff normally. This time around I am not buying stuff that I don't ordinarilly use ...then if it looks like things will escalate THEN I'd go out and buy lots of tinned vege and fruit, long life milk, etc. I wrote up an inventory this time and printed it off. I am recording everything I buy along with sell by dates and make a mark each time I use one tin/box or whatever so I always know what needs to be eaten "soon" and what I need to replace.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Interview - The Great Influenza

Interview with John M. Barry author of "The Great Influenza: The Epic Story of the Deadliest Plague in History" recorded February 9, 2005 in Seattle

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Without trying to be a real downer, just realistic, is there really any point in trying to prevent catching this? You took preventative measures and still you and your family got ill which is awful and hope everyone recovers!

I'm in a small town in Canada and nothing notable anywhere around here - 'yet' is what I expect. I have gotten the masks and gloves and disinfectant hand wash instead of paying some bills and buying food. I also spoke to my adult children about it (who know better than to blow me off because I do a ton of reading on everything) - one is not buying it seriously, the other one is but not doing anything about it. They, along with the rest of the population generally find the idea so "unrealistic" because it's just the flu.

That precautions aren't taken by 99.99999999 percent of the population - so where does that leave the few that do wash and try and dodge ?

Is there any point in alerting medical people from this end (the public sector) -
All the hospitals have bulletin boards - most of us have printers and could round up a few key posts from here to cue in any who might like real information too who don't get it from anywhere other than the news and their unions and administration? Maybe there's firemen or other departments who could use some good reference material?

I'd much rather know the real truths than deal with partial or fabrications any day even though it usually makes it that much more of a challenge (understatement) to not freak out or react but respond instead. Because being forewarned really is being forearmed (with knowledge).

I emailed friends information on this and one emailed back saying it just made her feel so sad and depressed and that's what we don't need! We need to be optimistic and hopeful and love more! ... She means well.... Another friend used the word fear mongering about my email (and both these women are intelligent, yet this phrase is automatically associated with it, therefore the information is also initially discredited mentally through our pre-conditioning). I explained to her that fear mongering was making a mountain out of a mole hill - not telling people about the mountain that's really there. So there's also a prevailing mindset among the population to deal with that's frustrating. And it only takes one error to throw all efforts taken to prevent catching it in the first place futile.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by justme1640

Thank you guys for your suggestions. Making an inventory sounds like a lot of work, but as you mentioned, it is a one-time-thing that would just perpetuate itself and become a habit. Actually, all of this now seems to me to be something that just needs "getting used to". Making it a habit should do the trick. And the suggestion to write the date with a marker ist very helpful - because it is a pain to having to take out every single can to check the date, and most products print them in another space etc.
So I'll continue to stock up, thank you for your suggestions.
Many greetings

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
Just to confirm my theory . . .

Would the people who still have anxiety or have had it as a symptom of the virus think if they have felt like shivering when the anxiety is peaking or actually gotten the shivers at those times?

i can say for myself and my S.O. its like shivering from the inside...if that makes sense. like not from being cold, in fact i sweat when it happens...its like my core is shivering. strange. and nauseating.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

What are the side effects of Tamiflu?
The probability of experiencing side effects with Tamiflu is very slim. The most common side effects of Tamiflu are nausea, diarrhea, bronchitis, abdominal pain, headache, dizziness and vomiting. Taking Tamiflu with food may help to reduce the probability of nausea.

There have been some very rare cases of self-injury and delirium due to the use of Tamiflu in patients with the flu. If you feel any of these side effects, it is important to seek medical attention urgently.

I noticed this and thought I would post it.
atlanticdrugs.com

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by double_frick

Originally posted by ecoparity
Just to confirm my theory . . .

Would the people who still have anxiety or have had it as a symptom of the virus think if they have felt like shivering when the anxiety is peaking or actually gotten the shivers at those times?

i can say for myself and my S.O. its like shivering from the inside...if that makes sense. like not from being cold, in fact i sweat when it happens...its like my core is shivering. strange. and nauseating.

That's what I expected. When the virus swarms in the bloodstream the immune response is normally to initiate a fever and the patient will begin to shiver. (The adrenal system kicks in to speed up the patient's circulation in an effort to cool the internal organs and body core). My suspicion is that a lot of the anxiety symptoms are this process in a patient without the fever which would provide the patient with an "explanation" for the sensations they are feeling.

This is where the information about the sub normal temperatures came from. People felt like they were running raging fevers and were shocked to find the opposite registered in their thermometers.

There is also some anxiety due to the patient being afraid but I won't discount what someone is feeling in that way. The methodology the medical system is using per the CDC guidelines contributes to this rather than alleviating patient fear and concern.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kshaund

Without trying to be a real downer, just realistic, is there really any point in trying to prevent catching this? You took preventative measures and still you and your family got ill which is awful and hope everyone recovers!

IMO, no point at all.

If you are unsure of your immune systems health, take some steps to improve that. Get some good echinacea tincture, raw organic garlic, some good nutritional supps, drink more juices, eat some fresh veggies, open the windows and enjoy some fresh air and go out in the sun. Most of all, STOP WORRYING as that will disempower your immune system.

If this is 'the real deal' as many on ATS wish to believe, then inevitably, we will all 'get it'. The question is whether you survive it.

Washing your hands and hiding in-doors 80% of the time will NOT make ANY difference in the long run.

If you want to play the protection game, you better shrink wrap your entire home and install ventillation sterilizers or simply walk around in one of those bio hazard suits you see in the movies.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

is it possible to still experience the effects of the virus this long after having initial symptoms? its been a couple months, at least.
is it possible that once a person is infected it just continues to be a problem for x amount of time? longer than even a month or two?

is this possible feature a suspected reason for the "sudden death" aspect? or is that another thing altogether?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

What are the side effects of Tamiflu?
The probability of experiencing side effects with Tamiflu is very slim. The most common side effects of Tamiflu are nausea, diarrhea, bronchitis, abdominal pain, headache, dizziness and vomiting. Taking Tamiflu with food may help to reduce the probability of nausea.

There have been some very rare cases of self-injury and delirium due to the use of Tamiflu in patients with the flu. If you feel any of these side effects, it is important to seek medical attention urgently.

I noticed this and thought I would post it.
atlanticdrugs.com

Most of the people here know this already but it's interesting that Tamiflu was discovered from a traditional Chinese herbal medicine for respiratory illness. (Made from star of anise). When MDs are quick to dismiss herbal and alternative medicine it's worth keeping in mind that big pharma has not only developed all kinds of "wonder drugs" from herbal cures they are actually reaching out to tribal healers in search of more.

A lot of our "alternative" medicine has roots in folk cures such as colloidal silver. My wife has a serious attitude about it as in Mexico there is a "voodoo" cure (as she puts it) of putting a silver spoon in a cup with an egg. (I don't know if the egg is in the shell or out, if out it would probably create electrolysis and dissolve some of the silver into the liquid). Thanks to her hyper religious upbringing the use of colloidal silver on my daughters is equated to me using "satanic witch doctor / voodoo" on our children.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The Heck with it...if I get hit, I get hit... :shk:

Woman in her 50s is NYC's 2nd swine flu death
13 mins ago
news.yahoo.com...
www.cbs6albany.com...

[edit on 5/24/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Darn those "underlying health conditions"!

It just couldn't be the flu, it is those pesky "underlying health conditions" that are the real culprit. How dare anyone with those catch the flu anyways.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

I would again, strongly suggest, that one should avoid echinicea and any other immune enhancer that is effective because it triggers your immune system.

Making your immune system over-react, which is essentially what herbs like that do, is a very bad idea with this type of flu.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
The Heck with it...if I get hit, I get hit... :shk:

Woman in her 50s is NYC's 2nd swine flu death
13 mins ago
news.yahoo.com...
www.cbs6albany.com...

[edit on 5/24/2009 by Hx3_1963]

so did you all note the magic words in that article -- "A spokeswoman for the city's Department of Health and Mental Hygiene says the woman died over the weekend and had underlying health conditions."

At this point I don't care if they told me the woman was terminally ill with cancer - if she hadn't gotten the flu she would still be around today. It is a joke - seriously!

edited to add - redhead - you and I have to stop posting the same things at the same time LOL or I have to finish reading the thread before posting

[edit on 24-5-2009 by justme1640]

[edit on 24-5-2009 by justme1640]

top topics

<< 444  445  446    448  449  450 >>

join