It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 450
<< 447  448  449    451  452  453 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by antmar

Thanks for your attempt to shed some logic onto the discussion but I fear you're wasting your time, a realization I finally had to admit.

Please do not quote posts by elitegamer, just use reply, especially if his posts contain personal insults and continued attacks in them. Those of us who've placed him on ignore would prefer not to have to read any of his posts and unfortunately ATS still allows anyone quoting them to bypass the filter.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kshaund

Viable Swine Flu Shot Closer to Reality
www.ajc.com...

NYC's Second Swine Flu Death - Sanitized Schools to Reopen Tomorrow
www.swineflunews.org...

[edit on 5/25/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
AAAAnnnddd...

Cromolyn Inhaler blog posts:
www.goldbamboo.com...

GENERIC NAME: cromolyn
BRAND NAME: Nasalcrom, Intal; Opticrom
www.medicinenet.com...

Cromolyn (Inhalation, Oral/Nebulization Route)
www.mayoclinic.com...

Cromolyn (KROE-moe-lin)
Prevents asthma attacks.
Brand Name(s):
Intal, Intal Inhaler
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
www.healthopedia.com...

Hmmm...am I the only one seeing a "pattern" here?

Geez...up scroll...be sure not to miss this stuff K???? :shk:

[edit on 5/24/2009 by Hx3_1963]

Excellent work on the searches.

Most of these are new variations of Tamiflu and other neuraminidase inhibitor type medications.

If the intel is correct, that two injections were given and resulted in immediate recovery I would suspect there is some form of antidote -but- a flu virus would not be reversible so quickly. Now this is pretty far out on a limb but we've been banging our collective heads against walls trying to figure out how a single flu virus can have such a wide variety of symptoms, time lines and effects.

Traditional researchers posit the answer is in the genetic differences and individual immune response of the victims. It's "workable" but still leaves some edges sticking out which don't quite fit into a neat, packaged answer.

I've seen one theory that the virus is one part of a binary agent. That would explain some of those edges mentioned above such as the secondary infections but opens new questions as to time line and symptomatic / effect differences. A whole slew of new variables get introduced like the spread of a secondary, "hidden" bacterial or viral infection and so on.

I'm starting to consider a new theory which (if the troops intel is solid about the injections) would explain quite a lot and leave fewer edges. I need to find out if the people who are hands on with samples of the virus would be able to see it, however. Anyway, what if there is a nano technology aspect to this virus?

It presents a whole new set of "what ifs" and is one damn wild theory but it would fit a 12 hour injection course X2 lowering the viral load enough to "recover". Now keep in mind no mention was made of any long term antibiotics being given so it has the potential to disprove parts of a binary agent theory. The inhaler however would fit if the purpose is to treat damage to the respiratory system. If the injections did kill the virus completely the only remaining treatment would be to repair the respiratory damage, especially if so many of them were suffering early cyto storm effects.

That's probably as far out on the hairy edge as I've gone but taken as purely theoretical discussion and something to keep in the back of one's mind it's worth putting out there. Perhaps more information will come to light in the days / weeks to come?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

lol, I reckon

I hate contributing to thread pollution, but my patience is running out over this constant bickering.

This is a serious topic that deserves serious discussion regardless if opinions differ! But do so with integrity please people!!!

edit: Snap Hx,
you bet me too it

[edit on 24/5/09 by antmar]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

reply to post by kshaund

My "patience" is also running "thin" with this constant "badgering" going on...

I "asked" a Mod earlier if a thread could be created, and "locked", to just a few select members who are impartial and post "News & Updates"...

I have created a forum on my own personal server that can do just that, but...

I think Phil Collins wrote a song about it...

"...and there's no reply at all...no reply at all...is anybody listening..."..

Enough of that...expect this post to ~pooF~???

Well, I have been watching for about 2 hours now.........I can say I kept my temper to a no-posting level......

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

reply to post by kshaund

My "patience" is also running "thin" with this constant "badgering" going on...

I "asked" a Mod earlier if a thread could be created, and "locked", to just a few select members who are impartial and post "News & Updates"...

I have created a forum on my own personal server that can do just that, but...

I think Phil Collins wrote a song about it...

"...and there's no reply at all...no reply at all...is anybody listening..."..

Enough of that...expect this post to ~pooF~???

Well, I have been watching for about 2 hours now.........I can say I kept my temper to a no-posting level......

Clouds,
I'm a bit out of it tonight but I actually intended the questions I posed to Hx for you - re: DOD questions, "19" and the "Kuwait Miracle Recovery" program.

Still appreciate the fine searching, Hx.

Use of the ignore button is making my life a lot less stressful. When you guys reach your frustration point I whole heartedly encourage you to explore it as an option.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I think that some people are stuck in the mind set that what ever happens on the monitor,stays inside the monitor..Its the interweb,its not real..Nothing on it is factual,and on the site of ATS,its nothing but bygone things of the past,and far fetched theorys.

WELL heres some news folks,we are in the middle of probably the most inportant conspiracy that can infact affect each and everyone of us,either directly or indirectly..

I cant help it that people are to blind to see things unfold,its a shame really..Better to stay in front of the fire,than behind it..

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

If the intel is correct, that two injections were given and resulted in immediate recovery I would suspect there is some form of antidote -but- a flu virus would not be reversible so quickly.

If this is true.........we have more than just a virus issue on our hands......

I have some other contacts that I will quetion based on your theory...........but I have a feeling this intel if true may be VERY classified.........

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I want to address a few things in one post. Then be done with it. Sadly, this is the *only* place I have to come to, where I can be with like-minded folks. Who are very concerned about this as I am.

I got into a terrible argument with family today. I asked them not to travel, especially up through the part of the country that has 12 confirmed cases, and possibly more, just to come see me over the holiday. I was labeled "crazy", "stupid", and "in serious need of help". My own husband came against me and told me "I don't want to hear about this bull# anymore". I am done. All I can do is try to quietly protect my family the best way I can. It hurts when you present plain facts that people are dying from this. Healthy people. And they don't want to hear it anymore. They want it to go away. I feel very alone today. I hope I'm not saying "Told you so", a month from now, to my family.

I want to thank folks who come here and take time to update and keep information flowing.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Asherah

Asherah, sadly you will be saying "I told you so" in a month, and you know what? Stupid people? Screw 'em.

If they are too blind too see the facts in front of them, maybe they deserve what's coming. Yeah, I said it!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
For this to be dismissed after only a month by a lot of people that were here at the beginning seems really strange to me. We are no where near far enough into this to come to a determination.

I will continue to follow this thread and thank the main contributers on a regular basis like Ecoparity, Hx3_1963 and the many others that contributed in a positive and enlightening fasion. I will not come to a conclussion as to if this is the big one or not for atleast a year. 1 month is no where never enough time to come to that conclussion.

If this does fizzle out in a year or so I still would not come back and bash on all of the great contributers to this thread. At the very minimum they have helped open my eyes to something that may come down the road later and to be prepared. If this is the big one now I am ready and it is all because of my friends here on ATS.

Please keep the info coming guys, I would be lost without it!! THanks again very much!

[edit on 5/24/2009 by pcgeek]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Asherah

Don't feel alone ~ I, too, have a spouse who is ... um, let's say 'less than supportive.
Matter of fact, they have told me to never utter the words 'swine flu' in their presence ever again, because "There's nothing I can do about it, is there??!??". *sigh*

Of course, I am lucky in regard to the whole issue of being prepared ~ that's always been a given in our household, to be ready for flood/fire/storm/snow/what-have-you. You just hang in there, Asherah ~ live your life fully without panic, but there's no harm with having a quiet eye to the future and taking precautions.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Alas...I fear even the "sources" I'm following are becoming "tainted"....

As this crisis continues I see more "up lifting/hopeful/dismissive" posts in MSM...

This is not good in my opinion... :shk:

And then this...Geez...

Unusual earthquake activity in North Korea nuclear test area
www.bnonews.com...

# S.KOREA RULING PARTY OFFICIAL SAYS NORTH KOREA CONDUCTED NUCLEAR TEST IN MORNING-YONHAP3 minutes ago from TweetDeck

# S.KOREA PRESIDENT TO CONVENE EMERGENCY SECURITY MEETING OVER N.KOREA TEST-YONHAP3 minutes ago from TweetDeck

# S.KOREA WEATHER AGENCY DETECTED TREMOR INDICATING TEST AT 0054 GMT-YTN3 minutes ago from TweetDeck

# FLASH -- PYONGYANG -- NORTH KOREA CONDUCTS NUCLEAR TEST.6 minutes ago from TweetDeck

Like we really need this news...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Just a little more fuel on the fire..............Can't wait for the updates....

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rygel
reply to post by Asherah

Don't feel alone ~ I, too, have a spouse who is ... um, let's say 'less than supportive.
Matter of fact, they have told me to never utter the words 'swine flu' in their presence ever again, because "There's nothing I can do about it, is there??!??". *sigh*

Of course, I am lucky in regard to the whole issue of being prepared ~ that's always been a given in our household, to be ready for flood/fire/storm/snow/what-have-you. You just hang in there, Asherah ~ live your life fully without panic, but there's no harm with having a quiet eye to the future and taking precautions.

I am in the exact same situation and can not even bring it up to my wife anymore without her getting angry at me. So I dont bring it up I just keep silently preparing.
I too really wish people would stop bickering on here as this is my only main source of info on all of this. All I want is the info and to maybe make some friends that are in the same mindset as me.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Let me repost.........OH #

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asherah
I want to address a few things in one post. Then be done with it. Sadly, this is the *only* place I have to come to, where I can be with like-minded folks. Who are very concerned about this as I am.

I got into a terrible argument with family today. I asked them not to travel, especially up through the part of the country that has 12 confirmed cases, and possibly more, just to come see me over the holiday. I was labeled "crazy", "stupid", and "in serious need of help". My own husband came against me and told me "I don't want to hear about this bull# anymore". I am done. All I can do is try to quietly protect my family the best way I can. It hurts when you present plain facts that people are dying from this. Healthy people. And they don't want to hear it anymore. They want it to go away. I feel very alone today. I hope I'm not saying "Told you so", a month from now, to my family.

I want to thank folks who come here and take time to update and keep information flowing.

I feel for you. I faced the same kind of BS with my spouse over keeping the kids home from school. My position was that we were early in the crisis and the intelligent thing to do would be to isolate and give things some time to see where they went.

We're in the tragic position of not being able to do much if people won't listen. We cannot barricade the doors or force our loved ones to do what we think is best.

All you can do is take a very conservative position with them. Don't bother telling them all the facts, stick with one, simple fact that's easy to verify. The release of the internal CDC briefing documents is a solid one. It proves beyond a doubt that the true nature of the pandemic is being hidden and under-stated.

Why, they ask? The economy, period.

Don't allow yourself to be beaten down though. If they call something that basic "conspiracy" they are being very disrespectful. My spouse is free to disagree with me but I won't put up with disrespect or childish behavior.

I've learned to detach which isn't the best solution but sometimes the only one left. I've told her to do as she likes but if anything should happen to our children I will hold her 100% responsible. For some reason that gave her pause and she was willing to be more cautious. I think that's what people forget. I and my children are right here with you. If this thing turns out badly I'm going to lose as much or more than they are. The last thing I want is for my children or my spouse to fall victim.

Of course, we're all sick now with it so all I can do is treat them and hope they are lucky enough to have the "mild" form of the virus. If this was seasonal flu I wouldn't have any reason to be afraid for them at all. Thanks to the CDC I can't have them tested nor are they able to take Tamiflu.

That list of persons who will be held responsible just keeps growing. . .

Good luck and if they won't listen learn to accept defeat graciously and do what you can without their assistance and cooperation. They don't realize how easy it is to be them and hard it is to be you in this scenario.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Alas...I fear even the "sources" I'm following are becoming "tainted"....

As this crisis continues I see more "up lifting/hopeful/dismissive" posts in MSM...

This is not good in my opinion... :shk:

And then this...Geez...

www.bnonews.com...

# S.KOREA RULING PARTY OFFICIAL SAYS NORTH KOREA CONDUCTED NUCLEAR TEST IN MORNING-YONHAP3 minutes ago from TweetDeck

# S.KOREA PRESIDENT TO CONVENE EMERGENCY SECURITY MEETING OVER N.KOREA TEST-YONHAP3 minutes ago from TweetDeck

# S.KOREA WEATHER AGENCY DETECTED TREMOR INDICATING TEST AT 0054 GMT-YTN3 minutes ago from TweetDeck

# FLASH -- PYONGYANG -- NORTH KOREA CONDUCTS NUCLEAR TEST.6 minutes ago from TweetDeck

Like we really need this news...

Oh crap!!! Not north Korea again! North Korea, Swine flu, Global Meldown, Earthquakes, Manditory vaccines, hearthburn, IBS
... Anything I missed. What the @#%$ is going on!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Oh crap!!! Not north Korea again! North Korea, Swine flu, Global Meldown, Earthquakes, Manditory vaccines, hearthburn, IBS ... Anything I missed. What the @#%$ is going on!

Well said.........You made my wife laugh.........At least she is not bugging me to get off ATS yet......

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Asherah

I know how you feel. Wish I could offer you some real support.Anyway this reactive hostility happens to anyone who dares to step out of sync with everyone else,ask why and seek the answers, especially if the answer leads to something unpleasant, scary or deadly.
People want to stay in denial and play make believe where the world is just and they will not be harmed. Shatter the comforting illusion ,they will blame you for it,and call your concerns bull.

I lurk alot here and I learn alot, I joined ATS recently because I found many interesting thinkers here. I want you to know and everyone on this thread,anyone on ATS that thinks in ways deep ,different,creative and shares their thoughts/observations/discoveries etc. fearlessly, I really appreciate it . Not just because it takes guts to go beyond the status quo,even if the mainstream can't see it coming.Because it hurts when someone you care about can't deal with what you discover or learn.It hurts when a person you care for prefers to babble about in the shallow waters of the mundane mainstream,because they really are not ready to face the deeper struggles to find answers. The harshness of the emotional and intellectual questing and honesty required of a person willing to ask and follow a question to it's true ends is not a common trait. I am thankful to all of you who do this,too, I walk the same emotionally taxing, wisdom seeking paths that are between madness and the truth ,that leads to seeing things as they ARE. It feels good to not be alone in this journey. Thanks, Y'all.

new topics

top topics

<< 447  448  449    451  452  453 >>

join