It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 449
<< 446  447  448    450  451  452 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
reply to post by elitegamer23

Ok...ye disbelievers....

Take a look at this...

peter osborn uk Twitter
twitter.com...

peter osborn uk Personal web-site
www.peterosborn.com...

I posted this earlier in the "maelstrom" Y'all call a "thread"...

Carry on...my wayward sons/daughters...

And...if yer looking for news...once again...the heck with it...

ysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 5/24/2009 by Hx3_1963]

its a flu virus of course its going to cause some deaths and will spread around the globe.

ill have to check out that second link later, it looks interesting and i appreciate the fact that you actually back up what you post with some sort of tangible evidence. some people dont understand the value in backing up what you say.

i dont need the news to tell me this swine flu isnt as bad as some people have stated it would be. i have yet to see the bodies dropping around me.

weeks ago some would have said this would be the case.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by elitegamer23]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Some interesting information regarding the number of flu fatalities each year, everyone likes to quote the 36,000 deaths a year based on what the CDC says but if you search online there isn't a lot of truth behind the numbers:

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Wow - great website.
I BOW to your BORGNESS

Interesting the Japan spike.
It makes sense though -
Japan being very tightly packed FULL of folks in the same area.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Fellow members of this discussion:
I'm done wasting my time repeating the same exact things over and over again for people who clearly just want to pick a fight.

There are certain people who choose not to be prepared and to assume nothing bad will even happen to them. They know somewhere inside they're being foolish so they engage in campaigns of harassment against the people who are prepared or warn others to be. It's bit of "I'm too lazy to deal with this issue so in order to make myself feel better I'm going to spend my time attacking the people who make me look like a fool".

"If I can get everyone else to be lazy then I no longer have to feel bad about being so."

If you want to choose to believe this is no big deal, no threat and nothing to worry about then God Bless and I wish you all the best. Sincerely.

However, if you choose to attack those who do take this seriously . . .

I refuse to keep repeating the same argument over and over again. We've proven the official reports on this pandemic are being falsified yet the same few people continue to come into the discussion and attempt to derail it using that same false data as justification.

Anyone who thinks I hope for anything other than the best out of this is a moron. Anyone who would try and connect the outcome of this epidemic to my credibility is a complete idiot. You're playing kid games with absolutely zero adult logic not to mention slandering my reputation and character with no justification.

I don't know why ATS allows this kind of negative activity in a discussion. Discourse and debate is one thing but to just keep showing up and spamming the same crap I've already explained or proven to be false over and over and over again is just trolling.

I don't know what to say about a forum that would allow this type of behavior, the other discussions I participate in do not allow it. Perhaps that's why the most current information and best resources are there and not here, (as have I been, as of late).

This community needs to hold people to equal standards. Unfounded accusations and character assassination has been allowed to occur unchecked. I've more than proven the quality of my information and my character. Telling me I "hope this thing turns out bad so I can be right" is perhaps the most childish, petty crap I've ever seen on ATS in a discussion I am part of. I have absolutely no interest in further dialogue with anyone who would make such a petty claim.

You reveal more about your own motivations and character than you realize by making such a statement. My reasons for being here and yours are as far apart as they can possibly be, Sir.

I'm glad to try and help people and answer legitimate questions but from now on anyone who acts in such a manner will be placed on ignore immediately and permanently. I'd like to ask the community to refrain from quoting posts from these people as well so they cannot continue to try and pick a fight indirectly. I'd prefer not to have to place 3rd parties on ignore as well but will do so if necessary.

Anyone who has an issue with anything I post is invited to place me on ignore. I'd prefer that be your response rather than continued derailment of this discussion.

If any of you have hard data proving there's nothing to be concerned about then by all means, please share it. Quoting the CDC and WHO figures does not qualify, unfortunately. You should also check your math because the current infection estimates and fatality estimates I've given are actually based on the official stats.

I've refrained from making estimates based on data we do not have in official form. Any time I make a prediction based on inside information I've labeled it as such and presented it in that manner.

Thanks for your time and understanding in this matter,
eco

[edit on 24-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
So in other words, no one can use any sources that are tangible and updated, yet they can totally use your 'source' info as the gospel truth, or they are just 'picking a fight and unprepared and stupid.'

Brilliant.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

You'll have to wait for his next update, but, here's his last...

# CFR is still way above death rates for pandemics of 1957 and 1968 - remains potent10:48 AM May 23rd from web

# CFR (death rate) is steady 0.72% - check the tables at /cgoc47 for comparison with previous pandemics #swineflu #h1n110:47 AM May 23rd from web

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

The first round in 1918 wasnt a big killer to start with but what is happening now is following the same path.History repeating.

Do we take heed and prepare?Or wait and end up saying the famous words of Oh sh*t as its knocking on the door?

I'd take egg on my face anyday compared to a wooden ceiling.

[edit on 24/5/09 by gallifreyan medic]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
So in other words, no one can use any sources that are tangible and updated, yet they can totally use your 'source' info as the gospel truth, or they are just 'picking a fight and unprepared and stupid.'

Brilliant.

That's a mischaracterization of what I mean and you know it.
I don't require anyone to listen to me, period. Feel free to place me on ignore.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Thanks to you and to G Medic. It's nice to be around people who are on the same page, it's like sharing a hive mind sometimes.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Monday, May 25, 2009
Killer virus cases rise around world
BEIJING:

The A(H1N1) flu continued to spread worldwide on Sunday, after Iceland confirmed its first case and Kuwait detected the disease in US soldiers passing through the Gulf country in transit on Saturday. “It was only a matter of time when it shows up here,” Haraldur Briem, a main epidemiologist working on A(H1N1) in Iceland, said Saturday.

He added that patient was a man recently returning from New York City and four other members of his family were being tested for signs of infection after they returned to Iceland from the United States. Briem said the man only presented some mild symptoms, and that he might not have infected anybody else onboard the flight to Iceland because he was not showing any symptoms on arrival. Also Saturday, Kuwait’s state news agency KUNA reported that an unspecified number of US soldiers transiting through the country have been detected with the A(H1N1) flu virus.

These were the first confirmed cases in the emirate. Undersecretary of Health Ibrahim al-Abdulhadi told KUNA that some remained quarantined for treatment at the US base in Arifjan, 70 kilometers south of the capital Kuwait City, and some had left the country. The US military said in a statement that “each case was characterized as being a mild flu-like symptom,” while the US embassy said the soldiers did not come into contact with the Kuwait population. About 15,000 US soldiers are stationed in the Gulf state, which is also used as a main logistics base for the US army to support its troops in Iraq.

more here -
www.manilatimes.net...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

No thanks required...

Borg require very little Re-Gen...

Hive Mind is standard issue...

Assimilation by the NWO/Bilderberg...is not required...resistance is required...

Even Borg can learn...

Here's a "freebie"...

Hmmm...MSM at work???
Myths and Truth about Swine Influenza
Is H1N1 Flu a Real Threat?
diseases-viruses.suite101.com...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

No thanks required...

Borg require very little Re-Gen...

Hive Mind is standard issue...

Assimilation by the NWO/Bilderberg...is not required...resistance is required...

Even Borg can learn...

I have two items from our possible "mutual friend" I want you to run by people at DOD if possible, please:

1. I'm told the US soldiers in Kuwait were confirmed infected and 80% displayed rapid crash (cyto storm) variant. The soldiers were given two injections and all recovered completely in less than 24 hours. I give this source a high confidence rating. Obviously this has certain implications. They also mentioned an inhaler of some kind being used which the troops carried with them.

2. Ask around if there is any significance to the number "19" and the current epidemic. I'm not big on numerology but thought perhaps it might be a descriptor in a drill title or typed on a DOD folder of some kind. This has to be one of the weirdest messages I've gotten from this source.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Here's my "quick" search... :shk:

Hovione's TwinCaps Inhaler In Phase III Clinical Trials For Influenza
April 16, 2009
pandemicinformationnews.blogspot.com...

Neuraminidase Inhibitors
www.fluwikie.com...

Martial Law and the Avian Flu Pandemic
www.globalresearch.ca...

U.S. Department of Defense Exercises $2.0 Million Option to Fund Cethromycin Development
finance.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Though not needed,I will take the thank you.
My contribution to this thread is minimal compared to yours and Hx3.
Standing among giants.A place I am honoured to be.

With any big task there are moments of wether to continue or not.
Let one thing be known to you guys,myself and many others are here to
help you keep a steady footing through all the kicks at trying to tip the stool.

At the end of all of this you will have gained many a friend and the foes will have moved on to something else.

Time for bed for me.Catch up with the thread later.

Take care.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
And...

Surveillance and Detection
22 May 2009
A New Influenza Virus
fhp.osd.mil...

Department of Defense Pharmacoeconomic Center
(Editorial); Highlights of the November 2002 Meetings of the DoD P&T .... Help E-mail Service), Anticipated Delay in Flu Vaccine Availability .... Cromolyn inhalers and the TSF, Beclomethasone inhalers and the TSF, In the Literature. ...
rxnet.army.mil...

(locked)Hmmm...

Story Submitted: Nov 01, 2008
Flu Vaccinations Now Available at Base Clinic
www.quantico.usmc.mil...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
My brother is still sick. He had to leave work today because of heavy congestion, almost keeping him from breathing correctly. I don't have cold-like symptoms anymore, but I still suffer from fatigue every now and then and a weird feeling in my chest.

I'm drinking a lot of hard liquor and beer to kill this bitch until I can see a doctor on Wednesday, seeing that I cannot take traditional medicine that might cause a "cytokinetic storm".

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

im sure you will not hear this because you have a very small closed mind and u are going to put me on ignore, but my only agenda is 'the truth'.

its pretty weak of you to ignore anyone who questions what you say.

if you are going to post such things as this will kill 4 times as many as that you should kinda back it up with a little proof of where you get your information. or was this just an 'assumption ' of yours?

would 2 million deaths world wide be the apocalyptic killer you make it out to be? not even close.

put me on ignore i really dont care, at least i will still be able to see you stir the pot of paranoia here

Please attack the research/information with your own research/info, not the posters.

On topic:

There might not be many 'official' deaths recorded for this swine flu (although I personally think official numbers are wayyyy off, imo) but it doesn't mean its not serious. I hope this whole thing will burn out, but from the information I have been reading it seems to be a case of "when, not if".

This flu itself might not be deadly, like you suggest. With medical care and resources it seems like we are avoiding many deaths.

However, what happens when more and more get sick with it? Not enough hospital beds, ventilators, medicine, tamiflu, medical staff. Its the lack of available care that will become the deadly factor here.

Then there may be the lack of basic resources which will compound matters. Business may close down (or reduce capacity) because staff are too sick to work, or self-isolating. Incomes will become strained; it will effect food production, delivery and retail; utilities may be effected; public transport and fuel outlets etc.

Because we have no natural immunity to this new flu strain, it has the potential, still, to become very dodgy. At least with regular flus many already have the immunities.

Source

Prof Ferguson, who sits on the World Health Organisation's emergency committee for the outbreak, told the BBC Radio 4 Today programme: "This virus really does have full pandemic potential. It is likely to spread around the world in the next six to nine months and when it does so it will affect about one-third of the world's population.

"To put that into context, normal seasonal flu every year probably affects around 10% of the world's population every year, so we are heading for a flu season which is perhaps three times worse than usual - not allowing for whether this virus is more severe than normal seasonal flu viruses." His study suggests swine flu could kill four in every 1,000 infected people."

So people may not be dropping dead outside your door yet (and fingers crossed that never happens), but pandemics aren't known for its 'atomic bomb' immediacy....

I hope for the best, but prepare for the worse. Most people I speak with about this flu either don't care, don't believe there's a problem, think I'm paranoid or are just too lazy to do anything for themselves.

I'd rather be laughed at for being paranoid and prepared, than be ignorant to a possible risk banging at my door.

Personally, I hope those skeptics prove themselves right & I am paranoid because Ihope all this is just some big mistake...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
AAAAnnnddd...

Cromolyn Inhaler blog posts:
www.goldbamboo.com...

GENERIC NAME: cromolyn
BRAND NAME: Nasalcrom, Intal; Opticrom
www.medicinenet.com...

Cromolyn (Inhalation, Oral/Nebulization Route)
www.mayoclinic.com...

Cromolyn (KROE-moe-lin)
Prevents asthma attacks.
Brand Name(s):
Intal, Intal Inhaler
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
www.healthopedia.com...

Hmmm...am I the only one seeing a "pattern" here?

Geez...up scroll...be sure not to miss this stuff K???? :shk:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in!

I am thrilled to be able to come on this thread and keep up with the H1N1. I want to thank those that contribute their time and energy into keepin us safe! You are truly appreciated out here in the world at large!!

We sure aren't getting the truth from anyone else!

MimiG in CA

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
Fellow members of this discussion:
I'm done wasting my time repeating the same exact things over and over again for people who clearly just want to pick a fight.

I don't know why ATS allows this kind of negative activity in a discussion. Discourse and debate is one thing but to just keep showing up and spamming the same crap I've already explained or proven to be false over and over and over again is just trolling.

I don't know what to say about a forum that would allow this type of behavior, the other discussions I participate in do not allow it. Perhaps that's why the most current information and best resources are there and not here, (as have I been, as of late).

This community needs to hold people to equal standards. Unfounded accusations and character assassination has been allowed to occur unchecked. I've more than proven the quality of my information and my character. Telling me I "hope this thing turns out bad so I can be right" is perhaps the most childish, petty crap I've ever seen on ATS in a discussion I am part of. I have absolutely no interest in further dialogue with anyone who would make such a petty claim.

If any of you have hard data proving there's nothing to be concerned about then by all means, please share it. Quoting the CDC and WHO figures does not qualify, unfortunately. You should also check your math because the current infection estimates and fatality estimates I've given are actually based on the official stats.

I've refrained from making estimates based on data we do not have in official form. Any time I make a prediction based on inside information I've labeled it as such and presented it in that manner.

Thanks for your time and understanding in this matter,
eco

"""I don't know what to say about a forum that would allow this type of behavior, the other discussions I participate in do not allow it. Perhaps that's why the most current information and best resources are there and not here, (as have I been, as of late)."""

Where are your other discussions happening? If there is a forum more equal in holding posters to tasks, I'd be totally interested if it's available to the public.

"""If any of you have hard data proving there's nothing to be concerned about then by all means, please share it. Quoting the CDC and WHO figures does not qualify, unfortunately. You should also check your math because the current infection estimates and fatality estimates I've given are actually based on the official stats."""

I totally agree - and again encourage you to ignore those who ignore the title of the thread - Posting hard data to the contrary would be MOST WELCOME FOR EVERYONE! None of us here are hoping for this to be true!!! But quoting the CDC and WHO is not only redundant, it's bogus information and already accounted for IN THIS THREAD - so another thread with the CDC and WHO's "position and stats" would be great - us here though have already been there and done that and unless you're willing to read nearly all 400 pages, and at the very last the 16 pages of ecoparity's postings, then you will be on the same page as we are -

It's always bugged me too how it's such a rule to not do one-line posts, but people can continually derail without any guidelines. It's human nature - gotta live with it or not get the information sought. I'll put up with the derailings to keep up in this thread.

Thank you guys again for sticking to it. I read them all (usually a few times)

new topics

top topics

<< 446  447  448    450  451  452 >>

join