It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 451
<< 448  449  450    452  453  454 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Ow Shucks...at this point I'm givin' Y'all stars for what ever!!!!

Might as well clog up ATS servers with non-sense code whilst the world plunges into the abyss...

Whooo..viva La stupidity!!!!

H1N1 Swine Flu: Update 49 - May 25
www.swineflunews.org...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I try to bring as much humor as I can, that seems like all I have left in these crazy times. Top that off with a raging STD and we would be set!

If I don't laugh I would just cry and I dont want to do that.

It is getting really hard to stay positive, I feal really lost right now. When my wife doesnt understand that all I want to do is protect her and my son it almost seems like a lost cause. So lets just have a good laugh and eat some pork chops!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Ecoparity.......Like I posted, I will throw out the question and it probably will be Tuesday before I get anytype of a response.........

The more I think about it and the possible implications is making my head spin..........

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The problem with being a conspiracy researcher or even insider is the pain of watching events unfold you knew were coming but not having the proof you need to warn people in such as way as to get them to listen.

It doesn't get much better with inside sources. You don't know if they are truthful other than to wait and see if the intel plays out. Even if it does you still don't know if they have different motivations than you do in sharing the data.

A lot of us have known this crisis was coming, that it's more than it appears to be and that quite a few more are coming our way.

It's like watching the sky turn green, feeling the air grow still and knowing there's a vortex of chaos somewhere beyond your vision. You know it's coming, you can feel it in your bones but the people around you who can't see the signs won't listen if you try to warn them.

I have nightmares like this . . .

A global war is a very real possibility. As I've said. Prepare for this one or the next. I'm afraid the need for your preparation is only a matter of time now. Pray for peace but keep your powder dry.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
WA confirms first swine flu case
www.swineflunews.org...

Off topic:
# FLASH -- PYONGYANG -- NORTH KOREA CONFIRMS IT CONDUCTED NUCLEAR TEST.2 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

# The U.S. State Department tells BNO News it is working to confirm that North Korea has conducted a second nuclear test this morning.12 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

# South Korean President Lee Myung-bak has called an emergency security meeting after apparent North Korea nuclear test.13 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

# BULLETIN -- SOUTH KOREAN PRESIDENT CALLS EMERGENCY SECURITY MEETING.17 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

[edit on 5/24/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Schools In Flu-Hit Osaka, Hyogo Reopen After 1-Week Closure

Monday, May 25, 2009
KOBE (Kyodo)--Schools in Osaka and Hyogo prefectures resumed classes Monday after closing for about a week, in line with Japan's new policy of relaxing restrictions in areas hit hard by a new strain of influenza.

Students were back at kindergartens, elementary, junior high and high schools as well as special education schools, with the exception of certain schools in areas where the epidemic has not subsided yet.

The exceptions include Kobe High School and Hyogo High School, both in Kobe, in which the first cases of infections in the country were discovered, as well as Osaka's Kansai Okura Senior High School where many students were infected.

Rest of the story at the above link.

[edit on 5/24/2009 by pcgeek]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

With everything I've looked up myself, not just the links to this thread, I'm not dismissing the seriousness of an "unusual" strain of the flu. Heck, before vitchilo started this thread, there was an article in the mainstream about how surprising this hybridized in nature. I've read so much, I don't possibly remember the website. It seems like it came out of TX. There is usually a bad pandemic about every century also. Call it Murphy's Law, call it the law of averages, just don't get trippy with it.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
Ecoparity.......Like I posted, I will throw out the question and it probably will be Tuesday before I get anytype of a response.........

The more I think about it and the possible implications is making my head spin..........

I appreciate it, I have my own sources working on it from another angle but even if it's on the right track I highly doubt we'll get any response with direct benefits. Maybe the reaction will be worth noting, however.

I know the development of genetic tuned bio weapons was nearing the phase where a real world test would be needed. There should be indications of previous small scale tests, however. (Which I believe we have data on, it just needs to be looked over again and aggregated).

Analysis of the real data would lend clarity. I think it would show commonality in the heritage of victims in geographic proximity as well as the type of symptoms and result. These commonalities will shift as the geographic variable changes. I could be wrong but I have a weird feeling based on some reading I did a while back somewhere.

Let's see what turns up, I suppose.

This may be reaching the point of being out of range for the current discussion. I'm considering starting a new thread to discuss this theory and analyze it rather than pollute the current one. Once I have the intro written I'll start it up and add a link to it in my sig. Sorry for the detour, everyone. Just thinking out loud and enlisting some resources.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

your "proximity" remark got me and a related tangent...

Swine flu most intense near Ft. Riley
May 24, 2009 12:00 AM
www.themercury.com...

Fort Riley plans for pandemic flu outbreak
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
www.ktka.com...

news.google.com...

Hmmm...pretty prolithic eh? opinions?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by pcgeek

Originally posted by Rygel
reply to post by Asherah

Don't feel alone ~ I, too, have a spouse who is ... um, let's say 'less than supportive.
Matter of fact, they have told me to never utter the words 'swine flu' in their presence ever again, because "There's nothing I can do about it, is there??!??". *sigh*

Of course, I am lucky in regard to the whole issue of being prepared ~ that's always been a given in our household, to be ready for flood/fire/storm/snow/what-have-you. You just hang in there, Asherah ~ live your life fully without panic, but there's no harm with having a quiet eye to the future and taking precautions.

I am in the exact same situation and can not even bring it up to my wife anymore without her getting angry at me. So I dont bring it up I just keep silently preparing.
I too really wish people would stop bickering on here as this is my only main source of info on all of this. All I want is the info and to maybe make some friends that are in the same mindset as me.

It is comforting to know that I am not sailing in this boat alone! I have a few close friends that I pass along info to that appreciate it--though they remain somewhat skeptic. As for the rest, I just reply, "Yes, you do have a bad cold--poor thing." I quietly stock up supplies and am preparing a large garden (for the first time--can't wait to try my hand at canning!!)

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
reply to post by ecoparity

your "proximity" remark got me and a related tangent...

Swine flu most intense near Ft. Riley
May 24, 2009 12:00 AM
www.themercury.com...

Fort Riley plans for pandemic flu outbreak
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
www.ktka.com...

news.google.com...

Hmmm...pretty prolithic eh? opinions?

Any recent additions of large antenna arrays at Ft Riley?
Interesting, indeed.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

Forgive me fellow ATS's, but I feel I must repeat a quote from an earlier post I made:
Public health employee in my state, "36,000 deaths of young, healthy people is NOT THE SAME THING as 36,000 deaths of the elderly!"

Clearly, this is so simple to understand:
LOSING A CHILD IS SO VERY DIFFERENT THAT LOSING AN ELDERLY PARENT.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Instead of answering each post individually, I'm just giving you all a big thank you here.

Eco, I hope you and your family get well quickly, and that goes for everyone else on this board, who has been sick.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by EDteach
reply to post by elitegamer23

Forgive me fellow ATS's, but I feel I must repeat a quote from an earlier post I made:
Public health employee in my state, "36,000 deaths of young, healthy people is NOT THE SAME THING as 36,000 deaths of the elderly!"

Clearly, this is so simple to understand:
LOSING A CHILD IS SO VERY DIFFERENT THAT LOSING AN ELDERLY PARENT.

That is the main thing here, and that is what I've tried to explain to my family. I've lived my life, I'll go if the time comes. It's my child I'm afraid for more than anything.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
As I sit here trying to keep my anxiety from turning into a full blown panic attack I have realized something special about this thread.

This thread is the best example of fear mongering and ignorance I've seen on ATS since I've been a member.

There is so much speculation not backed up by facts and a lot of very bad feelings between members on this very important thread.

I have read every word of every post in this thread and I have finally had all I can stand.

I bid you all good night and farewell. Enjoy your speculation and arguments with your fellow members.

No need to ignore me because I will not be back as this thread is not in the spirit of ATS which is denying ignorance.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I don't know if this is related to swine flu, BUT.

My coworker has been off for four days.

He just came back today and he said he had never had a cold like this before, so hard to shake. He still feels awful. No fever, sore throat, coughing, sinus and allergy symptoms. Maybe nothing, maybe he had/has the long term of the flu I have read about here in this thread.

I am in KY.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by hotbakedtater]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by antmar
reply to post by Aeons

I would again, strongly suggest, that one should avoid echinicea and any other immune enhancer that is effective because it triggers your immune system. Making your immune system over-react, which is essentially what herbs like that do, is a very bad idea with this type of flu.

Hmmm, I think someone else (possibly from here, and very early in the thread) said something like this.

I think they said to take it as a flu/cold preventative, but to avoid it if you do get sick???

Anyone else recall this advice?

The person you are thinking of is me. If you come into contact with this flu, and you are under 50 you probably have about a 40% chance of picking it up. Your children have about a 90% chance of picking it up if they come into contact with it.

The reaction that is the cytokine storm comes on so fast and furious, I would in no way suggest that you take any immune enhancer. Take things that attack pathogens. Take things that support your immune system to be adaptive / adaptogens. Take antibiotics. Take anti-virals.

But do not take immune enhancers.

Cytokines are your immune systems. For example, Interferon is a cytokine.

You may not like being sick, and you may dislike the idea of having a virus in your system. But you can live your entire long life with virii. You already do probably.

A cytokine storm is your immune system over-reacting and attacking your lungs.

You can live a long life with a virus, you can surely make it through a tough unpleasant month with a virus. But you can only live three minutes without breathing.

You want to take anti-inflammatories. Most of the unpleasant, and fatal, symptoms of this flu are inflammation related.

[edit on 2009/5/25 by Aeons]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I think you might appreciate this article -
interesting text under/within the picture of the pig/human...

gators911truth.blogspot.com...

Please - people try not to slay me for adding this to the thread -
I like to look at all possibilities and I think hotbakedtater specifically
might find this of interest.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
As I sit here trying to keep my anxiety from turning into a full blown panic attack I have realized something special about this thread.

Maybe your just hyper sensitive..Sorry to hear that..They make drugs for that..

Originally posted by dizziedame
This thread is the best example of fear mongering and ignorance I've seen on ATS since I've been a member.

If keeping up to date with factual updates of infections,and reports made by reputable sources is fear mongering,maybe you should just switch to your local news and stick to the twisted truths and white lies..

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Why would there be an intentional release of H1N1 that might concentrate in North America?

How about, viral infective innoculation of the population to H5N1?

Infection with this virus can lead to cross reactive antibodies to H5N1.

www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov...

I am going to use my own advice here and realize that most people don't see data, they only see stories. Let me tell you a story.

The person who coined this the NAU Flu may be correct.

If you are one of a group of people who make and direct policy globally, what is usually your primary concern?

We all know that answer - money. So let us, just as this flu does, follow the real money. Not in the details, but in its total grandeur.

What makes the money? Labour. Which labour is the hardest to replace? Which labour have you already put a lot of effort into? Which lines of trade are making you good solid continuous STABLE reliable money and labour?

The answer to all that is North America. Stable, (compared globally) highly educated, skilled labour. Hard working labour. Hard spending labour. Well groomed labour. Well controlled labour. Stable above all.

So if you know that if the worst thing that could happen to your stable working network of money and power could suddenly become heavily dysfunctional in a very short period of time what do you do.

I know everyone loves their "depopulation" theories. Here's a thought for you. Depopulating certain segments of your labour bases would be stupid. Like hacking off your arms so that you can get rid of warts.

So, if you could do things that would make sure your best lines of trade were protected....wouldn't you?

Vaccines work on the premise of introducing your body to enough of a virus to make your body resistant to variations of that virus. Sometimes for life.

When your body is introduced to this virus, you pick up a cross immunity to another virus. A much worse virus. H5N1.

If you wanted to protect your lines of trade and labour that are meant to be the seed for later, you could use their herd like behaviours and the freedoms they have to innoculate them to a depopulation virus. If may not grant total immunity, but lessening the impact could be very desirable all the same.

Using one virus to "vaccinate" people against another.

[edit on 2009/5/25 by Aeons]

new topics

top topics

<< 448  449  450    452  453  454 >>

join