It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 448
232
<< 445  446  447    449  450  451 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons
 




I would again, strongly suggest, that one should avoid echinicea and any other immune enhancer that is effective because it triggers your immune system. Making your immune system over-react, which is essentially what herbs like that do, is a very bad idea with this type of flu.


Hmmm, I think someone else (possibly from here, and very early in the thread) said something like this.

I think they said to take it as a flu/cold preventative, but to avoid it if you do get sick???


Anyone else recall this advice?

Edited to add quote...



[edit on 24/5/09 by antmar]




posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons
 
Star 4 U!

It's hard, but, that might be one of the better things I've heard today...

Helping to set off the C-Storm is probably not advised with the "Secondary" problems being in the "Headlines"



Just now...6:38 est CNN airs the 2nd NY death :shk: and on to broadway

[edit on 5/24/2009 by Hx3_1963]



posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
From the NY Times:

“As we see more cases in the community we are going to see more severe illness and possibly death,” Ms. Scaperotti said. “If you’re sick right now with flu, you probably have H1N1.”

www.nytimes.com...

Also - in regards to avoiding drugs/herbs to enhance your immune system, the advice not to use them is due to the fact that in some instances a cytokine storm can happen:

en.wikipedia.org...



posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
The Heck with it...if I get hit, I get hit... :shk:


Borg will not be infected; resistance is not futile.



posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CINY8
From the NY Times:

“As we see more cases in the community we are going to see more severe illness and possibly death,” Ms. Scaperotti said. “If you’re sick right now with flu, you probably have H1N1.”

www.nytimes.com...



That is frightening. But sadly, it sounds a lot more truthful now...



posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety
 
Star 4 U!

It's true...resistance is NOT FUTILE...

We're going to need to resist quite a few things in the near future or face...

Assimilation or Extermination :shk:


(Sorry...Terrain Substrates kicked in there
John Luc...look out!!!)

[edit on 5/24/2009 by Hx3_1963]



posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by muddyhoop

Interview - The Great Influenza






Interview with John M. Barry author of "The Great Influenza: The Epic Story of the Deadliest Plague in History" recorded February 9, 2005 in Seattle



Just wanted to say thank you for that video..I read the account from the doctor from 1918 a week ago..Take the hour to watch it people,and you will see history repeating itself...



posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by antmar
 





Hmmm, I think someone else (possibly from here, and very early in the thread) said something like this.
I think they said to take it as a flu/cold preventative, but to avoid it if you do get sick???
Anyone else recall this advice?


Here is some sound ADVICE:

If you can't say the name don't take it, LOOK IT UP
If you don't know what it is used for don't take it,LOOK IT UP
If you have food allergies LOOK IT UP
If you don't know if you are allergic do a test and WAIT


If to lazy/busy to LOOK IT UP : DO A TEST : OR WAIT :
GO and see a HERBALIST who works in the Field for a living and knows what they are doing! Some people just assume that because it is a herb or natural plant based food source that it can't hurt you in some way. The EXACT opposite is true of many types of herbal remedies if not taken properly!
Do your homework and if you are stuck see someone who knows a lot about how they are used and what the proper dosages are etc. Frankly it could save your life.

Not directed at you antmar just in general people should really think before they use something is all.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by xoxo stacie]



posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie
 
Star 4 U!

Good advice in these trying times of "self-medication"

Remember all...the NAU Flu *seems* not to be the major cause of death...

It's the C-Storm/Secondary underlying problems...

Food fer thought?

[edit on 5/24/2009 by Hx3_1963]



posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
reply to post by antmar
 





Hmmm, I think someone else (possibly from here, and very early in the thread) said something like this.
I think they said to take it as a flu/cold preventative, but to avoid it if you do get sick???
Anyone else recall this advice?


Here is some sound ADVICE:

If you can't say the name don't take it, LOOK IT UP
If you don't know what it is used for don't take it,LOOK IT UP
If you have food allergies LOOK IT UP
If you don't know if you are allergic do a test and WAIT


If to lazy/busy to LOOK IT UP : DO A TEST : OR WAIT :
GO and see a HERBALIST who works in the Field for a living and knows what they are doing! Some people just assume that because it is a herb or natural plant based food source that it can't hurt you in some way. The EXACT opposite is true of many types of herbal remedies if not taken properly!
Do your homework and if you are stuck see someone who knows a lot about how they are used and what the proper dosages are etc. Frankly it could save your life.

Not directed at you antmar just in general people should really think before they use something is all.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by xoxo stacie]


Ouch, why are you shouting at me?




Edited to add quote

[edit on 24/5/09 by antmar]



posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Japan's Tally Of New-Flu Infections Comes To 341

Sunday, May 24, 2009


TOKYO (Kyodo)--The tally of new-influenza infections in Japan rose to 341 in seven prefectures Sunday.

Three people, including a 19-year-old man in Toyono, Osaka Prefecture, and an 18-year-old male high school student in Nishinomiya, Hyogo Prefecture, were newly found infected with the new flu.

As of 4 p.m. Sunday Japan time, at least 12,482 people in 47 countries and territories were confirmed as having been infected with the new flu, with 92 dead in Mexico, the United States, Canada, and Costa Rica, according to reports from authorities concerned.



News is few and far between today but here is an update on Japan.



posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
at first this little bug looked like it was going to be a mass killer. the first reports out of mexico city and the onset of panic shortly after in the usa and around the world sure made us all very worried.

i understand how this virus could mutate and become a killer and the greatest fear from this virus would come in the winter time but this thread makes me wonder one thing.

now i beg the question. are we going to have a sister thread like this one for the seasonal flu that kills 30,000 people every year in the usa and 500,000 people around the world?

this h1n1 bug just doesnt seem to hold the same fire power other more common flu strains have.



posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
at first this little bug looked like it was going to be a mass killer. the first reports out of mexico city and the onset of panic shortly after in the usa and around the world sure made us all very worried.

i understand how this virus could mutate and become a killer and the greatest fear from this virus would come in the winter time but this thread makes me wonder one thing.

now i beg the question. are we going to have a sister thread like this one for the seasonal flu that kills 30,000 people every year in the usa and 500,000 people around the world?

this h1n1 bug just doesnt seem to hold the same fire power other more common flu strains have.


The swine flu will kill 4times the number of seasonal flu victims at a minimum.

Most of the victims will be children with the average age of the deaths tracking 19 yrs.

We still don't know for sure what this variant of the virus will do. We all remain hopeful but we're not out of the woods yet.

The media keeps harping the seasonal flu comparison and it seems to work on some people. In truth it's apples and oranges. We may as well be comparing cancer to diaper rash.

You're making statements that are nothing but pure disinfo. Common strains of flu don't kill healthy people so I'm not sure what you mean about "firepower".

This current virus could mutate into a superflu in as little as 2 months from now if it hasn't already. We don't know because all the information needed to make that determination is being hidden. Even the complete genetic assay has yet to be released to the research community.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by ecoparity]



posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity
 



Originally posted by ecoparity

The swine flu will kill 4times the number of seasonal flu victims at a minimum.

The media keeps harping the seasonal flu comparison and it seems to work on some people. In truth it's apples and oranges. We may as well be comparing cancer to diaper rash.


ok lets see how many people have died in the usa in the last 4 weeks . what is the number now? 10-12 or something close to that.
how many people die from seasonal flu in the usa in a year? 30,000.

ok yeah the swine flu is going to kill 4 times as many people. its already clearly on its way(sarcasm)

when u say cancer to diaper rash, are u saying the swine flu is the diaper rash?

i know u are hoping this thing turns out to be a killer to back up everything you have been posting but your last post really didnt have much weight to it.



posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
reply to post by ecoparity
 



Originally posted by ecoparity

The swine flu will kill 4times the number of seasonal flu victims at a minimum.

The media keeps harping the seasonal flu comparison and it seems to work on some people. In truth it's apples and oranges. We may as well be comparing cancer to diaper rash.


ok lets see how many people have died in the usa in the last 4 weeks . what is the number now? 10-12 or something close to that.
how many people die from seasonal flu in the usa in a year? 30,000.

ok yeah the swine flu is going to kill 4 times as many people. its already clearly on its way(sarcasm)

when u say cancer to diaper rash, are u saying the swine flu is the diaper rash?

i know u are hoping this thing turns out to be a killer to back up everything you have been posting but your last post really didnt have much weight to it.


It's pretty clear you do indeed have an agenda and I'm done wasting my time. From now on people like you are just going on ignore, you serve no purpose useful to me.

(waves goodbye)



posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity
 


im sure you will not hear this because you have a very small closed mind and u are going to put me on ignore, but my only agenda is 'the truth'.

its pretty weak of you to ignore anyone who questions what you say.

if you are going to post such things as this will kill 4 times as many as that you should kinda back it up with a little proof of where you get your information. or was this just an 'assumption ' of yours?

would 2 million deaths world wide be the apocalyptic killer you make it out to be? not even close.

put me on ignore i really dont care, at least i will still be able to see you stir the pot of paranoia here


[edit on 24-5-2009 by elitegamer23]



posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23
 


There is an interesting thread by ATSer whoshotJR that I would like to point you to,which Im surprised hasn't had that many posts.
It contains a couple of links to some very interesting reading about the supposed figures of annual flu deaths.

ATS thread by whoshotJR.

The point being number fudging.

[edit on 24/5/09 by gallifreyan medic]



posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23
 
Ok...ye disbelievers....

Take a look at this...

peter osborn uk Twitter
twitter.com...

peter osborn uk Personal web-site
www.peterosborn.com...

I posted this earlier in the "maelstrom" Y'all call a "thread"...

Carry on...my wayward sons/daughters...

[edit on 5/24/2009 by Hx3_1963]



posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gallifreyan medic
 


interesting read here. one thing that sticks out from the thread is this.


michellemalkin.com...

"[U]ntil 2001, the CDC reported flu, pneumonia and ILI
(influenza-like-illness) deaths as a single statistic, around 36,000 a year. In 2001, the CDC separated out the influenza deaths and the actual number of deaths attributed to influenza fell to 895, with pneumonia taking the lions share of the remainder….Latest statistics show that there were approximate 142 deaths in children under 18 attributed to flu in the 2003-2004 flu season."

So it looks like the real number of deaths that the CDC counts each year is directly proportional to how many are needed to spin their PR agenda on flu shots.



even if the number of seasonal flu deaths is lower then what is normally reported it doesnt change the fact that the current strain of swine flu is not a major killer.

i guess people should stop trying to attribute any death they see as being from swine flu, such as pneumonia. they are acting like the cdc.



posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
And...if yer looking for news...once again...the heck with it... :shk:

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 5/24/2009 by Hx3_1963]



new topics

top topics



 
232
<< 445  446  447    449  450  451 >>

log in

join