It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 306
<< 303  304  305    307  308  309 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

here you go

WHO Update

www.pr-inside.com...

GENEVA (AP) - The World Health Organization says the number of confirmed swine flu cases around the world has surpassed 2,000.
The agency raised its tally Thursday to 2,099 cases, from 1,893 late Wednesday.
It said there have been 42 deaths in Mexico and two in the United States.
Mexico has 1,112 cases, and the United States has 642.
Canada has reported 201 people infected, Spain has 73 and Britain has 28.

[edit on 5/7/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK
"We are all going to be exposed to the flu virus and we need to build antibodies up in the population."

erm... have I missed something here?

Exposing yourself to the flu is a bit foolish. The mutations occur so rapidly there is no way to know if catching it now means you'll be immune later. Catching it now might also put you in the swarm of people needing intensive care without enough to go around should the long time line theory turn out to be true.

I'm not surprised to see them begin pushing this crap though. The top virologist in the UK has sold the government on his pet project. Rather than vaccinating people he wants to release "weakened" versions of dangerous viruses and diseases into the public to create herd immunity. Even if the concept works I'd prefer not to have the government or the bio companies releasing contagious diseases how, when and where they feel like it.

It seems like a great way to enable some pretty shady crap if you ask me.

edit to add: not to mention the way we humans have a bad habit of jumping up and down to implement our wonderful technology only to find out a decade later it has horrible side effects like turning dolphins inside out or shrinking the avg human penis by 2/3.

On the vaccine for NA Flu vs. seasonal - they are talking about just creating the Swine / NA Flu vaccines and not even making the seasonal flu vaccines for next year. The theory is they will need every resource to make enough of the swine sticks so those resources should be dedicated to the most dangerous threat.

I never get flu shots anyway so, whatever. I'm not looking forward to having to take 3 swine flu shots under threat of arrest either.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
How comes no one 'famous' has caught it yet?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by nanbei

Maybe we are in Carlos Castanada's "separate reality"....

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Flu stuff I would pay large amounts of money for:

1. Watch someone tell Paris Hilton there is a new "coc aine flu" going around and watch her freak out 10 minutes later when she finds out what "flu" means.
2. Get in line for my 3 swine sticks (flu shots) in between the Queen of England and a Rockefeller and allow me to choose the syringes at random used for everyone.
3. The master list of which politicians are being paid off by which drug / bio companies.
4. The entire real story of where this virus came from and what they plan to do to us via exploiting it.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK
How comes no one 'famous' has caught it yet?

its only the poor person H1N1 virus !

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

I should have put /sarcasm on my post... it's stupid isn't it to imply exposure = immunity ... especially if the other puppet next to you is saying "hang on... people are getting it, recovering and getting it again!"

We as a family refuse vaccinations too... it's bad enough when one of our children gets whooping cough or measles to put up with the idiots who scream at us.... can you imagine your neighbour finding out you are the only non vaxer in the village when it comes to piggy flu!!

sheesh...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Number 4 will never happen... we haven't been told where HiV came from 'officially' yet.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

They like to try and play that up, how your kids are a danger to everyone else's. Sadly, a great many of them are too stupid to realize that since their kids got the shots they should be perfectly safe. Only your kids and the other non-vaxed kids are in "danger" and even that's questionable.

"Herd immunity" takes place in mammals when around 60% of an area population is immune from a disease via prior exposure or vaccination. If that percentage of parents in your kid's schools went along with the shots your kids get the benefits without risking all the bad stuff they sneak into the vaccines.

Until they stop playing eugenics games and start creating vaccines from pure genetic fabrication they can kiss my needle free arse.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
www.npr.org...

When I checked my home page this morning and all the news agencies I follow there WAS only this article about the flu, the only one! That was about an hour and a half ago. I did some reading on the site and left the tab open with the article, good thing because now the link to the story is not in the grouping from NPR.

So we are still in the dry desert of information, getting dryer all the time. I do wonder how long it will be before it makes it back on the front page. Perhaps when people start dropping like flies in a nice spay of poisonous fumes.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
reply to post by yzzyUK

they can kiss my needle free arse.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I'm expecting in the next few weeks the media to be instructed to gently crank up the seriousness of this flu again but without causing panic. A lot will depend on what happens in the next few weeks in regards to secondary infections or mutations in the coming months.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

See, you were supposed to be too stupid to notice that! They expect the stupid ones to ignore the silence and the clever ones to erm.... ignore it too.

lol

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by illyria Deltori

Pandemic Map
Here you go. All nice and pretty for ya.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SemperParatusRJCC

This map is out of date, well for Canada at least, we are now at more than 200 confirmed.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by 13Etznab]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SemperParatusRJCC
reply to post by illyria Deltori

Pandemic Map
Here you go. All nice and pretty for ya.

seconded, SC and NC aren't listed as having any cases, but NC had a few in the first several days that led to "involuntary quarantine"

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by double_frick

I have had requests for Joseph Tittel's website who seems to have predicted the Swine Flu (Dec. 2008) outbreak in Mexico. He also has updated his prediction in April to state that he saw mass burials and that the outbreak would be the worst in Mexico and India. He concludes by stating that it is a bad outbreak. Many of his other predictions have seemed to have come true as well. If you enjoy checking out predictions, I believe you will like his webpost.
spiritmanjoseph.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Those of you who also have contacts in the CDC / WHO and so on should join me in pushing for details on just what it is that made them so sure it's a lab virus. That's the type of intel that could prove valuable in predicting where this event is heading and what level of danger we may or may not be in.

I am in healthcare, but I am not a microbiologist........What exactly are you looking for in terms of data from a source?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
Are we really going to start bringing in psychic predictions to the thread? No offense but I think that might be something better off in a thread of it's own. (My personal suggestion. of course - I'm not here to play moderator or anything).

A note on the origin of the virus -
Chasing this one down might be a waste of time unless you have the ability to assay genetic samples and can get examples of the virus from all the places, people and time periods being examined.

There's a huge number of viruses and bacterial infections constantly circulating in the World, being sick with something last year doesn't have any relation what so ever to the current H1N1 strain and clade unless you have said genetic proof.

We have credible reports of flu cases in Mexico going back to early February and beyond in the town said to be ground zero with DNA analysis to prove it. The mixture of host DNA remnants also doesn't really prove anything, the flu virus is a pack rat of sorts, grabbing a little something from every host it passes through.

Despite all that, there is something in the H1N1 strain currently circulating that has some pretty capable people calling it "man-made". The novel genetic make up and origin in Mexico got their attention but it's something else, something far deeper in the analysis that has convinced some very skeptical scientists.

Those of you who also have contacts in the CDC / WHO and so on should join me in pushing for details on just what it is that made them so sure it's a lab virus. That's the type of intel that could prove valuable in predicting where this event is heading and what level of danger we may or may not be in.

The only "origin" I'm concerned with is what lab and nation made this thing and who is responsible for releasing it. Why it was released would be a nice bonus as well.

The reason I posted the psychic's prediction is ironically due to you! I found it interesting that the psychic's updated prediction matched what you have been stating. I posted it because it was so fitting. I try always to keep an open mind. One really never understands all the mysteries of life.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

None of my children have had any immunisations either and I think we are the only ones in the village too. Well, three out of six of them go to the village primary school,we actually live well out of it!

Unfortunatly my dad was in the US navy so I was injected with all sorts when I was little and I am usually the only one out of all eight of us that gets sick.....

But hey,on the plus side I received my leaflet from the goverment this morning so all is right with the world now because I have a leaflet that will surely protect me from swine flu..........!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 303  304  305    307  308  309 >>

join