It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 307
<< 304  305  306    308  309  310 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by EDteach

I have had requests for Joseph Tittel's website who seems to have predicted the Swine Flu (Dec. 2008) outbreak in Mexico. He also has updated his prediction in April to state that he saw mass burials and that the outbreak would be the worst in Mexico and India.

How was his prediction right? Have there been mass burials that I missed?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Here is a link to several H1N1 maps. Flu tracker etc.

googlemapsmania.blogspot.com...

Hopefully they will keep these up to date.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I watched an interview on TV a few days ago with someone discussing switching production from the seasonal flu vaccine to a swine flu vaccine... I was quite shocked at what he said about it... he said that a decision on whether to do this hasn't yet been made but that the decision will be made solely on how many lives they can save and they will go with the vaccine that will save the most people... fair enough BUT he then elaborated on it to say that the seasonal flu kills mostly the elderly whilst the swine flu is expected to kill children and young adults... he then said that they view each group as equal priority and that it would be unethical for them to be ageist and save the younger generation... there decision will be based solely on numbers. So, they would not switch production if the number of swine flu deaths would be less than seasonal flu deaths which would mean that thousands, possibly hundreds of thousands of children and young adults would be allowed to die so that they could save more elderly people, many of whom aren't going to live a whole lot longer anyway.

I think that this person was from the WHO and the interview was on either sky news or bbc news.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK
reply to post by ecoparity

Number 4 will never happen... we haven't been told where HiV came from 'officially' yet.

it generated from apes in aferica and hiv was a mistake

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by saratoga123

Only if you use it to seal the gap under the front door...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
In South America there must be, right now, hundreds or thousands of infected people, nevertheless, the WHO test kits have not arrived yet. Number cases should soar, since flu season is about to start (we are in the middle of Auttum) and the media is not giving a rat's ass to this.
What the hell is going on?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by ecoparity

Those of you who also have contacts in the CDC / WHO and so on should join me in pushing for details on just what it is that made them so sure it's a lab virus. That's the type of intel that could prove valuable in predicting where this event is heading and what level of danger we may or may not be in.

I am in healthcare, but I am not a microbiologist........What exactly are you looking for in terms of data from a source?

Myself and some others, inside and outside of ATS have sources who insist the NA Flu is "man-made". So far none of them have quantified that position with any detail. "Why or "what makes them so sure"? Is there something in the genetic assays or something else unique to this virus that would make it impossible to occur naturally?

Is it just so unlikely as to make a lab origin the most realistic?

I've read in the media that the genetic make up of the virus is nothing "abnormal" even though some have called it "unique" and others have said it's not "all that unique". That, combined with an outbreak in Mexico after the normal flu season are the only reasons I've seen for suspicions.

I never pushed my sources for more detail until the last 24 hours and I'm still waiting for a response. If there is some smoking gun it's entirely possible the people who would know are too scared to openly speak of it, especially with all the untimely deaths in the biomed community over the past few years.

I'm just hoping someone might be able to get a straight answer on this one even if I cannot.

I have my own reasons for leaning towards a man made origin but I'll wait and give everyone's sources time before posting them.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
We must all keep our sense of humor! The following was sent to me this morning, from a very dear friend, regarding the 1918 flu. Enjoy!

15 ways to survive a flu epidemic ...

Flu ... from the advertising archive (and just in case of any
misunderstanding, all these promises of prevention and cure date from before
the days of the Advertising Standards Authority). Click on the links to see
the original ads.

Straightforward scare tactics

An Influenza epidemic is at hand - an epidemic which Doctors predict
will be exceptionally severe. From various parts of the country come reports
that influenza is actually raging at the present time and is spreading with
alarming rapidity from one person to another

Electric shock?

The Thermega electro-radiant blanket is a new device which airs, dries
and warms a bed completely and without any danger whatever of overheating or
other electrical accident. IT CANNOT GO WRONG.

Wartime shortage: an apology

In view of the immense value of Bovril during an Influenza epidemic, the
proprietors of Bovril are making every effort to meet the demand. The
shortage of bottles is seriously hampering the endeavours to increase the
supply, and it is hoped that men will now be released for the bottle
factories.

Sweat it out

When you can't throw off colds or Influenza - take a Mustard Bath as hot
as you can stand it

And another mustard one, just because they're so good:

Ever since the Baron de Beef left his Influenza in a Mustard Bath the
bathrooms of England have been besieged

Keep your strength up

It will be apparent that a strong, healthy person will escape contagion
when the ill-nourished one will fall a victim, consequently, one's aim must
be the maintenance of strength

Some things never change: just do as you're told

Don¹t worry about influenza, drink Ovaltine

Burn baby burn

Flame the great purifier. Sterilise the air of your bed and living rooms
with our incandescent gas burners

A healthy stimulant for teetotallers? Hmmm

Sir, I have much pleasure in testifying to the efficacy of your Coca
Wine. It is undeniably a healthy stimulant and a nerve tonic, especially
beneficial to one who, like myself, is abstaining from intoxicants

Scientifically proved, oh yeah

It takes less than three minutes for MILTON to knock out the Influenza
germ. We have overwhelming proof of this fact

Watch out, the bishop's been on the magic mints again

Fig. 3 shows the total destruction of Influenza germs on a plate treated
with saliva from a person who had sucked five Formamint Tablets. The Bishop
of Bath and Wells writes: The value of Wulfing's Formamint as a preventive
is appreciated in this house

Fair enough

Remember, Influenza is about. Treat what may seem to be "Only a Chill,
or Cold" with suspicion ­ and Thermogene

Heaven knows what¹s in this stuff

Miss Elizabeth Hyde, the well-known Concert Singer, writes: "I firmly
believe that during the recent influenza epidemic, my immunity from that
dread complaint was due entirely to Phosferine.² Two drops, night and
morning, tend to brace up the whole system Š It is also invaluable to women
beset with household worries and family cares.

Aha! An honest one at last

The real nature of influenza is still very little understood. Every
doctor will tell you that. The most that science can do, therefore, at
present, is to treat the symptoms

That¹s the spirit; I'll have a pint

Hall's Wine keeps Influenza off by enriching the blood, toning the
nerves and rebuilding the body generally; it gives you confidence in your
powers of resistance, strengthens the weak and maintains health in the
strong.

And finally, the ultimate yuck factor

Telephone message received Nov 30, 1916, by Glaxo, from a Doctor. "Did
you know that the influenza epidemic this year is affecting the stomach,
preventing the patients retaining nourishment? I find my patients can
assimilate your Glaxo, due, I suppose, to its flocculent curd.* You ought to
make this widely known at once.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

Update on School (K – 12) and Childcare Facilities: Interim CDC Guidance in Response to Human Infections with the Novel Influenza A (H1N1) Virus

School closure is not advised for a suspected or confirmed case of novel influenza A (H1N1) and, in general, is not advised unless there is a magnitude of faculty or student absenteeism that interferes with the school’s ability to function.

Schools that were closed based on previous interim CDC guidance related to this outbreak may reopen.

www.cdc.gov...

Knowing Hx3.........he already posted this link.....
This was updated at 11:00 am last night.......and I find this very odd as we see this thing spread.........

And then they post this on the very same web link......

The ongoing outbreak of novel influenza A (H1N1) continues to expand in the United States. CDC expects that more cases, more hospitalizations and more deaths from this outbreak will occur over the coming days and weeks.

www.cdc.gov...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Clouds, here is what I find particularly disturbing about your post. While it's not all that unusual for an entity as inept as our Federal Gov't to act in contradictory ways, I am starting to wonder if the advice isn't really contradictory at all.

What if they have reversed their initial directives to close schools because they have discovered concrete evidence that once this virus is in an area nothing can be done to stop it?

What if they know that the infection rate after exposure is close to 100% and thus, once a person is infected he/she has passed it on to every other person with whom they have come in contact?

So, you might ask, if this is true why aren't there exponentially more cases? The only explanation for that may be found in one of your earlier posts (I think it was yours anyway) in which a source told you this outbreak is in phase?

Could it be that the CDC believes there is reason to suspect that this virus can be dormant on many of us who are symptom free, only to explode over the next few weeks or months?

Even I think this sounds crazy and may not even be medically possible but I've got this eerie feeling...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
i knew it! There is a DOH press conference at the moment in the UK and they are blatantly trying to cushion the blow - it has a much more serious note to it. He says it appears that the US is "lagging about a month behind mexico in terms of time and severity"
ecoparity - this matches your theory on the long incubation period.
I reckon that little snippet of info about lagging behind is crucial and it signals to me they know more than they are letting on.

even more worrying - a person asks "this is only a mild flu, what is there to worry about"
Answer ="It would be highly unlikely to expect a new unique strain of influenza not to cause significant numbers of fatalities and severe cases"

[edit on 7-5-2009 by jonny2410]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

Please keep your ears open on this for us!! I think this is extremely important information to come out in the media, and I'm sure those here who are WAY more qualified than me feel the same way!

Way to go getting a good scoop!!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
i knew it! There is a DOH press conference at the moment in the UK and they are blatantly trying to cushion the blow - it has a much more serious note to it. He says it appears that the US is "lagging about a month behind mexico in terms of time and severity"
ecoparity - this matches your theory on the long incubation period.
I reckon that little snippet of info about lagging behind is crucial and it signals to me they know more than they are letting on.

I'm just watching this... I find their wording interesting... I notice that they say 'when' not 'if'.

Also interesting that one of them stated that he disagrees with exposing people to the virus to build resistance to it.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by mamana]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Yes, it was from my source from the CDC stating we are in stage 2

Your right about that bad gut feeling........

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
"We want to convey the seriousness of this issue without causing alarm"

- its a big shift in wording and also its important to note that this is the first swine flu related press conference since the blackout that sky news haven't cut into after the first few minutes.

"There are no signs of swine flu resistance to anti virals in the UK so far"

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
"We want to convey the seriousness of this issue without causing alarm"

- its a big shift in wording and also its important to note that this is the first swine flu related press conference since the blackout that sky news haven't cut into after the first few minutes.

Now, what will be fascinating to observe whether the US authorities also begin to alter their informational tone to a more serious one...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

indeed - the change in the media and the officials tone is quite large - it seems more serious. Might just be me

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Hmm I knew it.... hope my friends back off a bit now...

Last theory is my 'blanket' theory but then as with HiV we will never know the truth about 'that' one...

Missed the news conference grrr was sitting here and could hear a monotonous droll voice but didn't connect it with that....

is there a video online yet?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

its still on but now on sky news active

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Something just hit me like a ton of bricks.
A girl I know (thru a friend) was recently hospitalized for an "infection"...it eventually shut down all of her organs..kidney failure, liver failure, etc. She was on a respirator. She didn't make it...and was in a coma when she passed away. What's disturbing to me is that she was otherwise very healthy...mid 20's...beautiful and active girl with her whole life ahead of her.

Now I'm wondering what this infection was actually..could it have been H1N1 related? She suddenly got sick..was admitted to the hospital..and was dead 3 weeks later. This was in Houston.

new topics

top topics

<< 304  305  306    308  309  310 >>

join