It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 308
<< 305  306  307    309  310  311 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

Originally posted by EDteach

I have had requests for Joseph Tittel's website who seems to have predicted the Swine Flu (Dec. 2008) outbreak in Mexico. He also has updated his prediction in April to state that he saw mass burials and that the outbreak would be the worst in Mexico and India.

How was his prediction right? Have there been mass burials that I missed?

His original prediction made in Dec. 2008, was that he saw--in the form of a newspaper heading--an outbreak from an airborne disease in a foreign country (outside of US) where people would be wearing masks. He also saw mass burials and the smell of rotting bodies. I was specifically referring to the first part, as the second part still remains to be seen. It is not out of the question that perhaps Mexico buried or cremated some bodies together. We may never know. I thought it was interesting that he predicted it--that's all.

spiritmanjoseph.blogspot.com...

On a another note, heard on national news last night that they had indeed developed an vaccine already (in two weeks!?) and they stated that it would be ready for production, if needed, for the fall.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Clouds, here is what I find particularly disturbing about your post. While it's not all that unusual for an entity as inept as our Federal Gov't to act in contradictory ways, I am starting to wonder if the advice isn't really contradictory at all.

What if they have reversed their initial directives to close schools because they have discovered concrete evidence that once this virus is in an area nothing can be done to stop it?

What if they know that the infection rate after exposure is close to 100% and thus, once a person is infected he/she has passed it on to every other person with whom they have come in contact?

So, you might ask, if this is true why aren't there exponentially more cases? The only explanation for that may be found in one of your earlier posts (I think it was yours anyway) in which a source told you this outbreak is in phase?

Could it be that the CDC believes there is reason to suspect that this virus can be dormant on many of us who are symptom free, only to explode over the next few weeks or months?

Even I think this sounds crazy and may not even be medically possible but I've got this eerie feeling...

I was told days ago back when discussing the early Mexican cases and time line that the symptoms of this virus do vary. Some people only get a mild case similar to a cold. Some get the cough and no fever or stomach issues.

There was more than one report of these "extra mild symptoms" versions going into severe respiratory distress but again, the exact time lines are not clear in each case.

Efforts have been made to contact the Doctors in Mexico who treated the earliest cases but so far no luck in getting that data. In fact, getting through to the La Gloria clinicia has proven to be most impossible...

At this point they had better know some things for sure which they aren't sharing that turn out positive because if we do face a storm of severely ill people after they re-opened the schools and down-played the virus; sleepwalking through the containment phase. I wouldn't want to be any of the people in positions of authority is all I can say about that.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
reply to post by yzzyUK

its still on but now on sky news active

Thank you... couldn't find it but then the sky HD box is new and I am not a TV watcher so my waving of the control about and swearing at it didn't work! *gah* there's no hope fore me!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK

reply to post by yzzyUK

its still on but now on sky news active

Thank you... couldn't find it but then the sky HD box is new and I am not a TV watcher so my waving of the control about and swearing at it didn't work! *gah* there's no hope fore me!

lol i know the feeling - for future use though as i am sure more press conferences will be on there - you press the red button when watching sky news.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

Ahh... mental note taken thank you!

Do sky not have an area where you can watch things online?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

probably do but have not seen it sorry

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This thread seems to be slowing down now.......and the flu is not!

Does anybody have a up to date pandemic map?
I have the EDIS and the Google maps but i know there are a few more out there!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I am surprised the Texas woman who died last week has had her name leaked Judy Trunnel. I didn't think they would release the name of victims of swine flu.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Some tantalizing quotes from "The Coming Plague"
By Laurie Garrett (written in 1994)

Chapter Six ... Swine Flu

A hallmark of the great 1918-10 influenza pandemic was the virus's ability to kill young adults and children. ....

The influenza virus was otherwise well protected by a tough protein-and-fat armor made of two layer sof viral enveloping: one layer was almost entirely composed of the human heart's nemesis, cholesterol. ....

The virus (1918 Flu) appears to have swept the world in three waves, over less than two years time, gaining virelence with each new assault.....

The appearance of the Fort Dix virus, dubbed A/Newjersey/H1N1 caused consideralbe anxiety inside the U.S. Public Health Service. "By every available scientific measure, the Shope strain was indistinushable from the 1918 strain, and also indisinguishable from the Fort Dix strain." ...

... influenza viruses unusually rich in neuraminidase proteins were more easily spread from person to person. ...

Several scientists argued that swine strains, in particular, appeared in 90-100 year cycles ...

... there had been a long spring-to-summer silence (of the flu) following the first flu outbreaks of 1918 - a silence that was followed in September by the greatest pandemic of the early twentieth century. "To decide not to do something, to decide to go on pause because the virus went on pause, " Osborn argued in long conference alls to fellow scientists, "would be utterly irresponsible." ....

Swine influenzas, Cox would later explain, were particularly worrisome because peigs were highly permissive hosts, capable of harboring influenzas froma wide range of animals, birds, and humans. Inside the swine, variuos influenza strains shared genes, and recombined, resulting in major antigen shifts. ...

Stated as certainties, rather than hypothetical conjectures, were the following points listed under the memo's heading "FACTS" : The virus found at Fort Dix is 'antigenically related to the influenza virus which has been implicated as the cause of the 1918-19 pandemic which killed 450,000 American people; every American undre the age of fifty 'is probably susceptible to this new strain"; severe flu epidemics occur at approximately ten year intervals." ....

... (1918) influenza deaths were usually produced not by the virus but secondarily by bacterial infections that took advantage of the weakened immune defenses of influenza-infected lunchs. Bacterial penumonia ...

... a minimum of 85 percent of high-risk populations would have to be vaccinated to ensure society's protection against an analogous epidemic ....

1976 Swine Flu vaccination problems -

The CDC continued to downplay the association between the vaccine and the syndrome (Guillain-Barre), though agency insiders had already concluded that the Guillain-Barre rate among those vaccinated against Swine Flu was at least four times that in the unvaccinated population. ...

The researchers concluded that America's normal, inexplicable Gullain-Barre rate was about one case in every million people per year, for an expected 1976 total of some 215 cases. But among Swine Flu vaccine recipients, the attack rate was about ten times greater, at one case every 100,000 Americans. ....

Those are just some of the interesting quotes about Swine Flu in the 750 page book. Honestly .. a lot of what we are hearing about with this latest Swine Flu outbreak sounds like the 1918 outbreak.

Gotta say ... I've heard Obama use the word MANDATORY for vaccinations for this. Even having multiple vaccinations. The newspaper said three. One for regular flu and then two for swine flu.

We've tried taking the flu vaccinations in years past. We've always gotten horridly sick afterwards ... lasting for months. We stopped doing that.

If we got so sick with just one shot in the fall .. I can't imagine what three shots would do to us. Let alone how much of an increase in Guillain-Barre we'd all be dealing with.

:shk: I just don't know what to do.

[edit on 5/7/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Did I just hear Sky News correctly??? Did they just say 896 NEW cases of swine flu today in the US???? That seems like quite a jump for one day.

EDIT: I just rewound it and yes that is what they said... 896 new cases across 41 states.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by mamana]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
WHO - "A third of the world population could catch swine flu in a pandemic" - #T!

the pattern continues - more serious info now being leaked out

[edit on 7-5-2009 by jonny2410]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
im a bit behind here
but did mr president really say " manditory "
at what point is it manditory ?
i wonder if the uk will follow ?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I don't have too much to add at this point but just want to say thanks to everyone for posting. Great information. Many co-wiorkers seem to believe if they wash their hands and take the swine flu shot in the fall, all will be good. I like many of you think there is a lot more to the story and want to protect my family the best I can. There is too much missing information to turn a blind eye on this one.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mamana

confirmed by the CDC?
if that is true that is quite an increase, almost double today.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

reply to post by mamana

confirmed by the CDC?
if that is true that is quite an increase, almost double today.

He just said "Here's some figures out of the United States this afternoon and they're potentially worrying. This according to the Reuters news agency. The United States has 896 cases of NEW swine flu in 41 states, that's according to officials in the United States."

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamana
Did I just hear Sky News correctly??? Did they just say 896 NEW cases of swine flu today in the US????
[edit on 7-5-2009 by mamana]

CDC website says 896 in total not new... *shrug*

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I think gullian barre is more common than than. When I got it, the ER doc told me that he sees a LOT of cases of this every winter from flu shots, and that it is pretty common.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by EDteach

Out of intense curiosity, I went to his site and did a quick skim. I am really amazed at the accuracy of some of his predictions! My only question, and this applies to all psychics in my opinion, is the possibility of somehow going back an changing the predictions to "fit"?

I don't mean to be rude or offensive, just a thought I always have (even though I am always drawn to precitions and prophesies, which then leads to a lot of dissonance on my own part!)...

Thanks for the link!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

why are all these vicitms information "personal" or "private" or "confidential" when i see murder cases on the news with innocent little children and ALL the details are repeated over and over and over...why isn't that Sandra Cantu case as confidential as these swine flu cases??? after watching many news stories i WONDER where confidentiality went...but apparently the news found it.....

also...
why are ppl freaking about the exponential increase in "confirmed" cases? aren't we all caught up on the fact that there is a huge back up of samples waiting to be confirmed? i mean, if 10,000 cases were "confirmed" tomorrow it would not necessarily mean that those cases were "new" only that their sample had finally been tested by the CDC...

[edit on 7-5-2009 by double_frick]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States has 896 cases of the new H1N1 flu in 41 states, with two deaths, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported on Thursday.

source

896 cases of THE NEW flu, not 896 NEW CASES
just clearing that up....

top topics

<< 305  306  307    309  310  311 >>

join