It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 309
<< 306  307  308    310  311  312 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
hey cosmic
any word on the ATS posters that have not been on for the past few days ?
i forget their names sorry

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
On the subject of "mandatory" vaccinations. How do they even enforce it? They don't have the manpower to chase after each and every person who refuses, and what would the punishment/reward system be for compliance?

An update on my coworker with Fifth Disease. If you recall, I mentioned that he was home sick with a very nasty bout of the flu a few weeks ago(which flu, who knows as they weren't testing for this strain yet.) In my post, I wondered if this round of Fifth Disease, a virus, was a secondary infection brought on by a weakend immune system from that flu... especially since this tends to be a childhood malady. As I mentioned, he was first feeling ill over this past weekend and on Monday at lunch, he went to the doctor who immediately diagnosed Fifth and ordered him home. My coworker expected to be back to work yesterday or today. It is especially important that he do so, since he is an independent contractor and is not paid for sick leave. I got a call from him today saying that not only won't he be in today, but the earliest I can expect to see him will be on Monday!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Cosmicpixie......do you feel over in the UK that the people are more aware of what this flu may become compared to what our CDC reports and how our media in the states has all but dropped the "bacon flu" topic?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by double_frick

Don't think anyone is 'freaking' more the "its ok its harmless, its dying down" to then see well actually no its isnt and it's not it's just you have a big ass backlog and the catch up figures are making people think ... ooohhh boy... how far backed up are they? How much more is this going to rise and yadda yadda yadda...

yet to see anyone on here freak...

Although I have on 'other' websites and I pity the poor people if they are freaking now.... goodness help them if and when....

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by fullmoonfairy
reply to post by EDteach

Out of intense curiosity, I went to his site and did a quick skim. I am really amazed at the accuracy of some of his predictions! My only question, and this applies to all psychics in my opinion, is the possibility of somehow going back an changing the predictions to "fit"?

I don't mean to be rude or offensive, just a thought I always have (even though I am always drawn to precitions and prophesies, which then leads to a lot of dissonance on my own part!)...

Thanks for the link!

He was on web radio on Dec. 31st with his predictions. You can listen to the broadcast. The link is on his page. I printed then up on Jan. 1st, 2009. They have not been altered, just expanded. I cannot speak for other "psychics" as they usually don't stand out for me as I don't recall them coming true.

On a other note: If this flu (swine) is just a mild flu and schools/transportation/borders should remain unchanged they why the MANDATORY vaccinations? The typical flu does NOT REQUIRE mandatory vaccinations and the CDC reported that the typical flu kills more people than the swine flu and is MORE severe than the SF. Does this make any sense, this oxymoron they are throwing at us?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
most uk people here dont really give a s*@t
as long as they can get to work and back home for eastenders and britains got talent there all winners.
i have tried to talk to mates in work about alternative thinking on what we are being told and they just laugh.
as for the media we are being told very little, last week this was all over the place on tv

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by binkatonka

No, nothing. I guess some people have taken their foot off the pedal with this issue, there is not a great deal of news coming in so not alot of new stuff to post, I guess some people are continuing to read but posting less, myself included. There's just not a huge lot to discuss at the moment as so little is coming through .
That was a very curious bit of onfo from the UK department of health about America lagging behind by 3-4 weeks ...why would something like that be mentioned if there wasn't something he knew to base that opinion on....but then I suppose it "could" be just a personal opinion he was sharing...? I wonder if there is anywhere to read a transcript of that conference......

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
do you not think, if somethijng bad was in the pipeline and you were i the know, would you let your close friend know ? would that friend let their mum know ? would that mum call her sister and let her know ? etc etc
surely it would leak ?
we in the uk loose our breifcases on the trains dont you know

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by binkatonka

It's almost like people 'like us' I use that term with a smile.... are now being used to cover up the mess.

I have spent all my adult life arguing with people things like:

Measles does NOT kill your child... it isnt a given!!

Whooping cough is NOT a killer to a normal healthy UK child

Vaccines will NOT protect you,

and other 'dont listen to TPTB' subjects....

And now I am saying to the same people "actually listen and then lsiten to the silences... read adn then read between the lines"

People have gone so far over to the "its all bollx" side of the camp they forgot to stop in the middle and look both ways.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by double_frick
reply to post by JBA2848

why are all these vicitms information "personal" or "private" or "confidential" when i see murder cases on the news with innocent little children and ALL the details are repeated over and over and over...why isn't that Sandra Cantu case as confidential as these swine flu cases??? after watching many news stories i WONDER where confidentiality went...but apparently the news found it.....

also...
why are ppl freaking about the exponential increase in "confirmed" cases? aren't we all caught up on the fact that there is a huge back up of samples waiting to be confirmed? i mean, if 10,000 cases were "confirmed" tomorrow it would not necessarily mean that those cases were "new" only that their sample had finally been tested by the CDC...

[edit on 7-5-2009 by double_frick]

They are not going to confirm every case. The policy is to confirm cases in new areas, human-to-human with no discernable origin in new areas, severe cases.

Confirmations should be seen only as a barometer of what it happening.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Mexico: 92 Additional Cases and Two Additional Fatal Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Total Increases to 1,204 Cases and 44 Deaths
12 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Covering a few subjects from prior posts all in a single reply....

The 1918 Pandemic
One of my contacts who is deeply involved in studying virology said the 1918 flu was special / unique for a specific reason. The soldiers being sent off to war were given typhoid vaccinations prior to shipping out. Humans tend to infect swine much easier than the other way around and somehow a vaccinated soldier passed the weakened typhoid virus to a pig. The pig, being a natural carrier of the H1 variety of flu served as a stinky little bio lab on stubby legs and the two diseases traded bits of DNA within it.

This had the effect of creating a very unique mutation of the swine flu. It already had human DNA and the correct receptors to infect humans thanks to the human to pig infection and the typhoid influenced the genetic make up in such a way as to make the virus a potential serial killer. It was weak, barely able to sustain itself from one host to another but it attacked the body in such a way as to trigger an immune response within the respiratory system that was fatal to those with strong immune systems.

It came out of the military fort as a widely spreading flu that killed enough people to be noticed. As we all know, it picked up more mutations during the summer and when the fall influenza season came it spread even better and killed with ruthless efficiency.

The 1918 virus was gone from nature, no where to be found on the entire Earth except for within the frozen bodies of people who died in the Arctic. The cold preserved the bodies and the virus within and the rest is history. It was reconstructed by geneticists, mostly via artificial means for the purpose of "scientific study". I think we all know what the real purpose was in bringing the monster back to life...

Anyway, the point being that the 1918 Swine flu was an anomaly, a one off rarity thanks to the circumstances which happened to fall into place to create it.

For this new version to be here might indicate to some a manipulated creation. Once again a combination of some kind we either do not know or have not been told about gave birth to a new 1918 killer. It's a bit different and is not following the same exact methodology but there seems to be little doubt it will come back in the fall as deadly if not more so than it's predecessor. This time we face an even more frightening possibility. That the H5N1 DNA within the NA Flu will recombine and form an avian flu hybrid capable of killing 30 to 90% of the infected.

Even the low end estimate is deadlier than any global virus to date. There are even deadlier viruses in nature but they kill their hosts so fast they do not spread far enough to reach a pandemic level threat. It's the slow killer, that kills almost every time and can touch almost every human on Earth that is the real stuff of nightmares.

SKY TV
Is "Survivors" about to come back for season 2? I enjoyed that show a lot other than the fact the good guys didn't think to go get guns somewhere and of course the bad guys had them immediately. Gotta love that Euro "bad guns" mentality.

Jumping Case Counts
By delaying reports and having a backlog of tests they have pretty much made it impossible for anyone to know just how bad things are at a given time. We don't know if we're seeing rapid spreading of the virus or a good day of clearing the back logged tests. I find it hard to believe there is no intentional disinformation at play.

Keep in mind - the usual Constitutional rights and freedoms do not necessarily exist right now in the US or UK and so on. We are under declared states of emergency at a local and federal level meaning the office of the President in the US has sole authority over everything per the new "continuity of government" procedures updated by President Bush and classified so highly that even the Congressional members of the Homeland Security Committee were refused access to them.

People with clearance have leaked that the executive orders bypass the Congress, Senate, Supreme Court and even bypass the state governors, regional and city governments. All authority rests with the President backed by the potential force of the Dept of Defense, carried out by FEMA and Homeland Security.

We may yet find out exactly what they can and will do with absolute power...

[edit on 7-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
Mexico: 92 Additional Cases and Two Additional Fatal Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Total Increases to 1,204 Cases and 44 Deaths
12 minutes ago from web

That's a 3.65% mortality rate.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

I agree with this quote from Night Watchman...

"Could it be that the CDC believes there is reason to suspect that this virus can be dormant on many of us who are symptom free, only to explode over the next few weeks or months?

Even I think this sounds crazy and may not even be medically possible but I've got this eerie feeling..."

Yes, I too believe that this virus or mutated virus or whatever it is... is a ticking time bomb. I think Ecoparity is leaning that way also with the word about the possible long timeline from infection to death.

What is eerie is that it seems like many people are getting (including myself in the month of March) symptoms like a very severe cold virus or a so-called "mild" flu virus and then very minor respiratory symptoms linger or almost but not quite go away (same with sore throat) and then like a time bomb this thing can come raging back on full force. That is just what I am surmising from bits and pieces of reports and anecdotal evidence on thread posts and in the media.

The media have been acting like they are following orders from on high for at least a week or more now. I do see seriousness starting to come back into the media spin. They went from serious to "mild" (a buzzword that was put out) and now seem to be easing us back into "serious" and "second wave or phase 2 could be much worse"... that kind of tone. Although right now, it seems there is an almost total news blackout on the subject.

WHO seem to be saying they may or may not go to Level 6 as if it's their call whether they have to or not. So as of this morning, the spin is out there in the media something to the effect of WHO and CDC do not necessarily have to announce or declare Level 6 even if the criteria for Level 6 are apparent and factual. It's as if they are saying that a Level 6 declaration might panic the public too much so they had just as soon keep it to themselves. Anyone else notice these trends in the media?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

12 minutes ago from web

Seasonal flu is less than 1%....

The Mexico cases are extremely under-reported. They've already admitted that 100 or more deaths cannot be tested now. I keep thinking about early leaks by various sources who told us the real figures were from 3 to 10 times higher than being reported in the media. Imagine a 9 to 30% fatality rate and what really happened in Mexico starts to fit the atmosphere of panic we watched on our televisions and read about online.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
My daughter and I spent a whole day with a chap from Mexico on the 12th April... he'd come over on the 11th and flew back on the 17th.

Ever since then we have had a niggling sore throat, lump under chin / glands, fuzzy headed and achey body 'thing' ....

Now my intelligence says "Yzzy, the weather in Essex goes from summer to winter in a matter of hours.... your body is responding to it..."

my other brain [yes I have one in a bag under my desk] is saying "yzzy, its pollen, people can suddenly become sensetive to it ya'knaaa?"

For example.. I felt FINE this morning... now my throat is swelling and sore and the 'lump' is back... pollen right??? Right???

I'll just go crack open a bottle of Pinot Grggio shall I.... ehem..

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by switching yard
reply to post by Night Watchman

I agree with this quote from Night Watchman...

"Could it be that the CDC believes there is reason to suspect that this virus can be dormant on many of us who are symptom free, only to explode over the next few weeks or months?

Even I think this sounds crazy and may not even be medically possible but I've got this eerie feeling..."

Yes, I too believe that this virus or mutated virus or whatever it is... is a ticking time bomb. I think Ecoparity is leaning that way also with the word about the possible long timeline from infection to death.

What is eerie is that it seems like many people are getting (including myself in the month of March) symptoms like a very severe cold virus or a so-called "mild" flu virus and then very minor respiratory symptoms linger or almost but not quite go away (same with sore throat) and then like a time bomb this thing can come raging back on full force. That is just what I am surmising from bits and pieces of reports and anecdotal evidence on thread posts and in the media.

The media have been acting like they are following orders from on high for at least a week or more now. I do see seriousness starting to come back into the media spin. They went from serious to "mild" (a buzzword that was put out) and now seem to be easing us back into "serious" and "second wave or phase 2 could be much worse"... that kind of tone. Although right now, it seems there is an almost total news blackout on the subject.

WHO seem to be saying they may or may not go to Level 6 as if it's their call whether they have to or not. So as of this morning, the spin is out there in the media something to the effect of WHO and CDC do not necessarily have to announce or declare Level 6 even if the criteria for Level 6 are apparent and factual. It's as if they are saying that a Level 6 declaration might panic the public too much so they had just as soon keep it to themselves. Anyone else notice these trends in the media?

Good post - i particularly agree about the media - there has been a blackout up until today where it all got a lot more serious in the UK DOH press conference about an hour 2 hours ago:

"It appears that the US is lagging about a month behind mexico in terms of time and severity"

"It would be highly unlikely to expect a new unique strain of influenza not to cause significant numbers of fatalities and severe cases in the future"

"There are no signs of swine flu resistance to anti virals in the UK so far"

plus the fact the WHO releases a bizarre statement about an hour ago saying they expect 1/3, or 2 billion people , to potentially catch the virus.

i think they are slowly now trying to prepare us for something

[edit on 7-5-2009 by jonny2410]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

Originally posted by Aeons

12 minutes ago from web

Seasonal flu is less than 1%....

The Mexico cases are extremely under-reported. They've already admitted that 100 or more deaths cannot be tested now. I keep thinking about early leaks by various sources who told us the real figures were from 3 to 10 times higher than being reported in the media. Imagine a 9 to 30% fatality rate and what really happened in Mexico starts to fit the atmosphere of panic we watched on our televisions and read about online.

There will be manipulation of the data. The fact that the Brazilan lady's death was attributed to sepsis, when sepsis is a known outcome of the respiratory distress syndrome caused by the flu is a great example of that.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

Since the original cases in Mexico were about a month ago and were not properly reported, the fact that the US is a month behind in severity seems about right.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
France: Total of 10 Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Confirmed Nationwide. A 12-Hour Detection System Developed. #swineflu
18 minutes ago from web

12-Hour Detection System hope it works.

new topics

top topics

<< 306  307  308    310  311  312 >>

join