It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 281
<< 278  279  280    282  283  284 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Well given it's been circulating the US for a week and given plenty of people seem to think the number of infected in the US alone are in their thousands if not tens of thousands and given no one is apparantly dying of it at all outside Mexico...well it all seems like nothing much is happening besides this thing keeps spreading. I really cannot see millions dying from this current wave so as pandemics go it's a pretty non-eventful one .

As for the 2nd wave theory, well it's all really just speculation at the moment, not a given. Every virus that rears its head seems to accompany predictions of a possible apocalyptal pandemic ..........yet nothing happens. Bird flu has been around causing sporadic H2H transmissions for several years...but that's about as far as it's got.

I understand this is a brand new virus, it has some similarities with how 1918 began but the tests so far are saying it lacks certain genetic markers the 1918 one had and is less virulent to boot.

Unless this thing mutates I can't see anything whatsoever to panic about . And as said previously, they warn about "possible" mutations with every virus that comes along.

They are obviously down playing numbers, probably because if they revealed the true extent everyone would panic and do so over a virus that has so far only proven lethal with Mexicans. People with normal flu fight for their lives and die too, it's hardly unusual to have some fatalities and we are even hearing this virus is less virulent that seasonal flu. There is NOTHING solid yet to suggest this WILL get worse.

The way it looks, it's only something to really worry about if it mutates and no-one is able to say it definately will. It's just nothing but a load of speculation at this stage and it's rather beginning to drive me nuts

I'm trying to be logical about all this now after days and days of reading scary articles, scary theories, scary speculations and all the rest of it. No-one really seems to KNOW anything , it's all just opinion everywhere you read , watch and listen !!!!!!!

I'm exasperated !

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
There are no easy answers.

If you're looking for a solution to a brand new situation, you are going to be exasperated.

It is just information. You use it to make the best possible decisions with what is happening around you. That's it.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
OMG, AJ youtube channel suspended, very, very suspicious.

www.youtube.com/user/TheAlexJonesChannel

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Pandemic level has nothing to do with the severity of the disease, it pertains only to how many countries it has spread to. A mild infection in several countries can be a Pandemic. In it's current form it doesn't seem too problematic; I certainly don't want to catch it but I don't think it reason to panic.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I think my brain is just saturated for now and there is nothing out there to make any sense of this atm and no real "news" . I'll carry on keeping abreast of developments but I'm not going to sit here any more and convince myself this is "the one", which is really easy to do if you read enough and dwell on it enough and don't take a step back from it in your head.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Exasperated is the perfect word for this.....I am just looking for the truth....there is a smoking gun somewhere that will shed light and yes its exasperating weeding through all the information.......

So much deception......

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

it has not been confirmed yet, it will take a max of two days to confirm.

three additional newspapers are now reporting the same suspected swine flu death and investigation:
www.estadao.com.br...

jbonline.terra.com.br...

www.agorams.com.br...

[edit on 4-5-2009 by aramaki]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
# Spain: Three New Confirmed Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported; Cumulative Total Reaches 57 Cases Nationwide6 minutes ago from web

# US, Maryland: CDC confirms four influenza A (H1N1) cases in Baltimore County (3) and Ann Arundel County (1). #swineflu7 minutes ago from web

# US, Tennessee: CDC confirms state's first case of influenza A (H1N1) in a private school student in Williamson County #swineflu.14 minutes ago from web

# US, California: State health officials confirm two cases of influenza A (H1N1) in Riverside County #swineflu44 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
In Mexico, acordingly to the latest official figures, the death rate is almost 4% (26 deasths to 726 cases). It's 8 times deadlier than the common flu. It would be quite illogical if death rates everywhere else are close to zero. That means, unfortunatelly, that in some days we will start to see more deaths outside Mexico.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
the woman was not in Mexico recently, but United States, Michigan!

just saw on wikipedia that Michigan has:
37 Probable cases
and 2 confirmed

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nanbei
In Mexico, acordingly to the latest official figures, the death rate is almost 4% (26 deasths to 726 cases). It's 8 times deadlier than the common flu. It would be quite illogical if death rates everywhere else are close to zero. That means, unfortunatelly, that in some days we will start to see more deaths outside Mexico.

Have you got a link for those figures?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Sometimes their is no "one truth." Sometimes things just are what they are. Sometimes no truth can be found. Sometimes there is no "more" than what you see. The "trick" is to be open enough to see as much as you can, without buying in. Not to give over your life to any one incident.

LITANY AGAINST FEAR
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear - From Frank Herbert's Dune Book Series
© 1965 and 1984 Frank Herbert
Published by Putnam Pub Group
ISBN: 0399128964

[edit on 2009/5/4 by Aeons]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Go straight to the source: the WHO internet site (www.who.int).

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by double_frick
***I posted this as a new thread instead of a reply a sec ago...apologies***

www.recombinomics.com...
i found these recombinomics articles very interesting...
may be why egypt decided to kill all their pigs...seems a h5n1 strain has been circulating among young children for at least a month before the reports started coming from north america.

either they are getting people to pay attention to the milder strain/problem (as most cases in egypt had been "mild")
or they are really downplaying the seriousness of the combination of h5n1 components in this h1n1 and from what i've read it sounds like that was a big fear of theirs (h5n1 and h1n1 combining) as well as h274y mutation that seems to make it resistant to tamiflu.....

and there are links as you go down about h1n1 tamiflu resistance becoming a really big problem...

Yes my friend!
this is the same conclusion I came to yesterday when I found Dr. Henry Niman Founder of FLUTRACKER and his site Recombinomics.

Listen to what he has to say in that informative video in my thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

He says: WE HAVE TO READ IN BETWEEN THE LINES

Edit: I came to this conclusion since I have been following the developments of the spread of H5N1 in Egypt a couple of months back.

Reason for doing this was to check the current status of the spread near Europe.

And I now suspect this is the real reason for the culling of all the pigs there.

They are of course terriefied for this H1N1 (swine/man/Avian) to re-combine with the H5N1 in the pigs there into a Armageddon virus. Add the fears of the h274y mutation (Tamiflu resistant) in the seasonal flu to combine with our H1N1 - and it becomes very clear for me this is very very serious indeed!

This could be the reason for why the scientists and DNA-experts now are freaking out, and to why we are seeing this high level of alert.

The virus is now already on the shores of Egypt (Israel)

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nanbei
Go straight to the source: the WHO internet site (www.who.int).

The source is only as good as the doctors, patients, labs and governments feeding it.

The lab results will only ever be an INDICATION of what is happening, and will never tell the whole story of what is happening.

They are a good source. They are not THE source.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Unbelievable! I'm in the Bay Area, CA, and a director level employee on my floor at the company I work at comes into work today boasting to another nearby manger about how proud of the fact he is that he was in San Diego all last week and flew back home. The whole time he goes on bashing about how "stupid" all these people are that are worrying about the H1N1 outbreak.

Then here's the kicker: he says "yeah, I got a really sore throat on Sunday and now I have really bad body aches." (I didn't hear it personally, it was IM'd to me by my wife who works for this jack-hole) I told her she needs to call him out on the fact he is sick and that he should go home. Well, we have announced lay-offs coming next week and she doesn't want to put a big target on herself by challenging this mental midget. I told either she needs to or I would followed by a call to our HR staff. She finally concedes, stands at his doorway and he's in his rain jacket shivering with fever!

She tells him he's being "really irresponsible whether it's swine flu or other flu, lots of us have kids and we don't want it spreading around here!"

He agreed and is now on his way home, but holy crap! Thanks for coming into the office for 4 hours and potentially spreading whatever he has to everyone else.

I'm at a total loss just sitting here pissed off shaking my head in disbelief.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
the current PTB will carefully choose there words,both telling the truth but not the whole truth..Because when this is all said and done with no matter how it turns out,people such as our selves here at ATS will scrutinize,and put the peices of the puzzle together that indicate guilt...Just as in 911..They have a world wide event happening and many outlets to forget a lie,just as we have seen..

A panic is the last thing they want before measures are in place..

In the US national gaurd activations are were to look to see whats coming..There has been someone on here that posted an activation..

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

That may fall in the lines of cyber security........ATS maybe declared a national security risk........

I dug our my walkie talkie............lets all use channel 13 if the net falls......

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I wanted to address the report about the Brazilian lady who died from this virus.

They are saying sepsis.

The sepsis is caused by the severe acute respiratory distress syndrome initiated by the cytokine storm we've been discussing. Sepsis is a known outcome of ARDS/SARDS/SARS.

Clear manipulation of the data set. She died of sepsis! Not, she died of SARDS related to the H1N1 Influenza A variant virus.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I have always said if the interweb goes down in a time of crises,its time to worry...channel 13 it is...lol..code name Black Mamba

top topics

<< 278  279  280    282  283  284 >>

join