It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 283
<< 280  281  282    284  285  286 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Swine flu pandemic warning levels may rise, says WHO chief

www.guardian.co.uk...

Swine flu pandemic warning levels may rise, says WHO chief

* Giles Tremlett in Madrid
* guardian.co.uk, Monday 4 May 2009 20.37 BST
* Article history

The head of the World Health Organisation, Margaret Chan, yesterday suggested the swine flu pandemic alert would eventually move to its highest level.

But the woman in charge of the global fight against the H1N1 outbreak said a move to level six should not be taken as a cause for panic.

"Level six does not mean, in any way, that we are facing the end of the world. It is important to make this clear because [otherwise] when we announce level six it will cause unnecessary panic," she told Spain's El País newspaper.

Officials from the United Nations and the WHO later insisted that there were no imminent plans to raise the alert level. But they agreed that going to the highest level could be an eventuality.

Raising the alert level to six would mean that a global pandemic was in full effect. However, the officials emphasised that a pandemic did not necessarily mean the disease was particularly deadly.

And in a video link with the UN, Chan appeared to attempt to allay fears, adding: "We are not there yet."

The Financial Times also reported that Chan, who recently raised the threat of a pandemic to level five, had suggested a move to level six was likely. She warned that the real blow might come if a second wave of cases swept across the globe at the start of the winter flu season.

"If it's going to happen, it would be the biggest of all outbreaks the world has faced in the 21st century," she said.

The UN secretary general, Ban Ki-moon, said: "Let us remember that even if the WHO does declare phase six, a pandemic, that would be a statement about the geographic spread of the virus, not its severity."

Spain remains the European country with the most cases of swine flu. By yesterday there were 54 reported cases, including four people who were infected in the country. The outbreak has raised concerns over its potential impact on tourism.

It may well go to level six, however this level structure is more for the governments of different countries than for Jo blogs and really should not concern us too much it is a technicality and does not mean the start of doomsday just that the countries concerned get their acts together and try to stop the worst of the outbreak or at least try to contain it.IMHO

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by pcgeek

Originally posted by Redpillblues
what i took from Napolitano....Lock down coming soon..

Uh oh!!! Was she just on the news? I think she is kinda scarey looking. Put a sickle in her hand and a black robe and we got the grim reaper.. except a little heavy set

the jist of her speech was to prepare for your children staying home,workers to stay home and employers to expect no shows..

grim reaper huh..ive always liked this one...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
CDC - 1 in 8 of cases has needed hospitalization

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
BBC News: Mapping the Outbreak

Patterns seem to turn up everywhere in nature. If you take the total cases for the past few days from the above link it makes an unusually straight line on a graph (cases vs date).

For a bit of Humour...
Humour

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Cloudsinthesky...in reply to this that you posted...

Now I am hearing from Maine Medical that they were told not to classify a cause of death H1N1 if it was caused by H1N1............I asked if the CDC told them to do this.......NO..........The DHS

.............................................................................................................
I posted this on one of these threads earlier...I think that we have had at least several deaths in the USA over this flu they are putting down a different cause of death so we don't panic...

Here is one instance...link

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

The second case involves a 45-year-old man from La Mirada, whose death was reported Monday to the coroner's office. The man died April 22 at Coast Plaza Doctor's Hospital in Norwalk.

Doctors said the man died of pneumonia but the L.A. County Health Department refused to accept the death certificate signed by the private doctor, Harvey said. The case was then referred to the coroner's office, which will conduct further investigation.

If confirmed, the deaths would be the first reported in the United States from the swine flu.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

.............................................................................................................
If you follow the link it talks about 2 men...The first man 33 years old had other health problems but he was complaining of (flu like symptoms) shortness of breath and lymphoma he was diagnosed with PNEUMONIA...

Now this second man I posted about above...45 years old died of PNEUMONIA His death certificate was signed by a private doctor...

But...The L.A.County Health Department refused to accept it...???

WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT...???

COVER UP...THAT'S WHY...

I am sure this is going on on many places...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sapphirearaidia

The swine flu seems to drastically weaken immune systems so if those people had H1N1 and died from a secondary infection the cause of death will be that - perfect way to cover-up what i think has been some deaths in the US.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

when you hear her speak, was it today

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I scanned a letter sent home today with one of our foster kids. We live in Winnipeg, MB (Canada). External image below.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie

when you hear her speak, was it today

yes at the time of my post...Very short break thru on fox..Didnt even cover her answering questions...Whent right to another breaking news...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Good info......It seems I get blasted by several members when I post info like this......and all I am doing is attempting to find second sources for the same area or hospital....

I can understand attempting to keep the deaths a little quiet do to a potential mass panic.........but when they come out and tell you everything is fine and that you should keep flying and ect..............

It makes you wonder what there "real" goal is..........

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

That's why you guys should watch it on the internet instead, streaming video. 90% of the news briefings aren't being shown on the main stream news stations and when they do show them they only show pieces of it.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieSlayer

Can you put up a list of sites that carry them?? I'm kinda stuck to my normal sites...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Actually it is not Pneumonia that is killing with this flu. the condition is known as
pulmonary edema.

Definition

Pulmonary edema is a condition in which fluid accumulates in the lungs, usually because the heart's left ventricle does not pump adequately.

Description

The build-up of fluid in the spaces outside the blood vessels of the lungs is called pulmonary edema. Pulmonary edema is a common complication of heart disorders, and most cases of the condition are associated with heart failure. Pulmonary edema can be a chronic condition, or it can develop suddenly and quickly become life threatening. The life-threatening type of pulmonary edema occurs when a large amount of fluid suddenly shifts from the pulmonary blood vessels into the lung, due to lung problems, heart attack, trauma, or toxic chemicals. It can also be the first sign of coronary heart disease.

In heart-related pulmonary edema, the heart's main chamber, the left ventricle, is weakened and does not function properly. The ventricle does not completely eject its contents, causing blood to back up and cardiac output to drop. The body responds by increasing blood pressure and fluid volume to compensate for the reduced cardiac output. This, in turn, increases the force against which the ventricle must expel blood. Blood backs up, forming a pool in the pulmonary blood vessels. Fluid leaks into the spaces between the tissues of the lungs and begins to accumulate. This process makes it more difficult for the lungs to expand. It also impedes the exchange of air and gases between the lungs and blood moving through lung blood vessels.

link:[www.answers.com...]

Now compare the above to this bit of information. Study uncovers a lethal secret of 1918 influenza virus.

shows that infection with the virus prompted an immune response that seems to derail the body's typical reaction to viral infection and instead unleashes an attack by the immune system on the lungs. As immune cells attack the respiratory system, the lungs fill with fluid and victims, in essence, drown.

Wasn't CDC saying this flu is exactly like the 1918 pandemic?

For full article please see here:www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

...but when they come out and tell you everything is fine and that you should keep flying and ect..............

It makes you wonder what there "real" goal is..........

Exactly, they are allowing this first phase virus to spread.

From a previous post, this link corroborates what Ecoparity has been saying all along, that it's the secondary infection that is worrisome for WHO. Probably not so much now, but once it combines with the seasonal flu in autumn, then they'd become saturated with clinical illnesses and people could die from hospitals being overwhelmed. Kind of convenient to purge the poor and care for the wealth.

Reading the letter from ZombieSlayer, perhaps means they want people to be exposed, especially children; quite despicable.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Bay Area Swine Flu: 20 Cases, 15 Schools Closed

State health officials said Monday that 159 Californians had contracted swine flu so far, including 20 people in the Bay Area

While these figures were expected to rise, experts emphasized that very few of the cases had resulted in hospitalizations.

The median age for the state's confirmed and probable cases is 16 years old, which means many of those who have been affected are among the state's 6.3 million school-aged children.
cbs5.com...

(the rest of the article is a rehash of what happened over the weekend that I already posted about a few page's back)

Yeah it is really starting to stink BIG around here! They are slowly coming out with some real numbers. There has yet to be any mention of the hundred's of test samples sent to the cdc from the bay area alone. We have got more school's being closed everyday. Yet on the national new's channel's they are saying it is starting to level off. It has if anything started to spread like mad here! We are at the end of our flu season in this area and this thing is ust now starting to gain momentum. I will keep you guys updated as I find more. The local newspeople seem not to care if they get in trouble for reporting the real numbers that we have tested so far in house.

Oh and the school closures are up to 15 in my area with something like 7 considering closing for 2 weeks now. We will find out by tomarrow if they are indded going to close them too.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I see even MORE problems with this: just back from Walmart and grocery...check out people FREAKED OUT because SO many kids are running around all over the stores as the parents in San Antonio TX. "kept them home..." No official school closings except for Cibalo/Schertz district that I know of.
They said there have never been so many kids in the stores all day long!

They were told NO masks or gloves at work,I chatted with one woman who has cashed me out often and she was honestly about in tears and said that ifit "kept up she would have to quit because Walmart just didn't care" and she so didn't want to be sick,she is the sole-caregiver to her elderly Mom.
People will NOT stay home and they will NOT keep their kids home: they'll be all happy they don't HAVE to go to work and school but trust me,it will be even more of a free for all and they'll somehow expect to be "compensated" in the meantime because after all the government is "making them" stay home...sighing here.
ALSO San An is @ 85% Hispanic and the store was also full of people stocking up for all the big celebrations tomorrow.
We are sooooooo scroomed as my friend Hx3 says.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by irishchic]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This thread is so long and I have read so many things I can't remember where I read what. I do clearly remember reading that they have not been counting deaths were "other causes" as a fatality of the swine flu. Very misleading, if they never got the stupid mongrel flu, they wouldn't have had pneumonia, or any thing if not for the flu.

I am resigned now to just watching this thing unfold, there is no way that any of us can really know with any certainty what is up with this thing.

Talk about conspiracy theories...this is all conjecture at this point and it is past clear that we won't know until it all unfolds.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic
ALSO San An is @ 85% Hispanic and the store was also full of people stocking up for all the big celebrations tomorrow.
We are sooooooo scroomed as my friend Hx3 says.
[edit on 4-5-2009 by irishchic]

Why wouldn't they put THIS celebration on hold?
Yikes - stupidity rules the world.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
This thread is so long and I have read so many things I can't remember where I read what. I do clearly remember reading that they have not been counting deaths were "other causes" as a fatality of the swine flu. Very misleading, if they never got the stupid mongrel flu, they wouldn't have had pneumonia, or any thing if not for the flu.

I am resigned now to just watching this thing unfold, there is no way that any of us can really know with any certainty what is up with this thing.

Talk about conspiracy theories...this is all conjecture at this point and it is past clear that we won't know until it all unfolds.

I do think that there is more chance of being BORED to DEATH by this thread than actually contracting the dreaded swine flu and falling off your perch.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Yeah some people are just too irresponsible! He-he!

They suppose to be free from work and school for the reason not to mix with people! - crazy monkeys!

new topics

top topics

<< 280  281  282    284  285  286 >>

join