It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 251
<< 248  249  250    252  253  254 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

From Pfizer Animal Health. The evolving nature of the swine influenza virus (SIV) makes it hard to control, especially in show pigs.

Over the years, SIV has evolved from one basic subtype - H1N1 - that used to occur mainly in fall [autumn] and early winter. In 1998, a new subtype - H3N2 - appeared. Researchers said it developed from human, swine and avian influenza viruses that had somehow combined. This subtype caused a swine flu epidemic because pigs were only immune to the H1N1 subtype. Some years after that, another subtype of SIV emerged - H1N2 - and it affected some pigs but was not as widespread.

Please read above then use link to read full article befor denying link to pigs. The article is from sept 2008 so it has been in pigs and probly in most pigs but foesn't effect them the same.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Breaking news on CBC (TV) right now about an Alberta farmer who went to Mexico and came back to Alberta has infected his pigs. Article should be online soon.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

These figures show the virus has gone human to human all over the planet.

It's clearly more than two WHO regions involved.
It's clearly a Level 6.

Well, I've done my best but it really is a waste of time. If are unable to read and comprehend the definition of Phase 6 then there isn't much I can do to.

Peace to you.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieSlayer

so now we have reverse transmission, man i tell it just doesnt stop does it!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieSlayer
Breaking news on CBC (TV) right now about an Alberta farmer who went to Mexico and came back to Alberta has infected his pigs. Article should be online soon.

A news conference is scheduled for 1800 EDT from the Canada dept of health, maybe they will touch on the news you posted.

You can watch it here:

Live - Notice to the Media - May 2, 2009 - 18:00 EDT

[edit on 5/2/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

There are some bio-weapons that once you breath basicaly you drop dead with blood coming out of all orifices.......

What you are describing sounds like Ebola or Marburg. I have a very good friend who is a microbiologist, he goes to my church. Last Sunday the 26th, he pulled our pastor aside and said " This is the real deal" They discussed a few more things and ultimately ended with " God is in control". Then the pastor said half jokingly, " Guess we all need to make sure we are right with God"

The pastor is one of my best friends, please believe me when I say this is not like him. He is one of the first people I would expect to say we are over reacting. Extremely level headed person, whom I trust explicitly with my life. He is fun, very seldom serious and extremely quick witted. I cannot ask him to divulge the details of that conversation that would be just plain rude, so I will ask the microbiologist myself. I will share what I can.

Six days ago the above conversation gave me pause, now it scares the hell out of me!!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

What the heck are those crazy Canadians DOING to those piggies?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Calif. confirms 24 cases of swine flu in state

SACRAMENTO—California public health officials have confirmed the number of cases of swine flu has gone up to 24 in the state. The California Department of Public Health on Saturday confirmed 24 cases of swine flu in the state. Officials were testing samples from 110 probable cases. That's up from 17 confirmed cases and 55 probable cases as of Friday.

www.montereyherald.com...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Reality or fallacy aside. Whether this is opportunism or manufactured, this most recent crisis makes one thing very, very clear...

It seems that Republican administrations want to tell everyone that "THE ENEMY IS RIGHT OUTSIDE OUR DOOR!!! We better take away your freedoms in order to keep you safe. It's for your own good. You may not understand now, but you will."

And Democratic administrations tell everyone that "THE ENEMY IS RIGHT HERE, INSIDE, AND COULD BE THE PERSON STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO YOU!!! We better take away some freedoms in order to keep you safe. It's for your own good. You may not understand now, but you will."

Either way, fear rules the flock, and the two-headed dragon of American politcal power takes and takes, from both of your pockets, and never gives back.

Last year it was Islamic terrorists and avian flu worries coming from Asia. Better lock down those borders tight. Today, it's domestic terrorism and a flu threat that is already here. No sense in closing those borders, it's just too late.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Psst....
Individual county health department records reflected confirmed and probable cases in the Bay Area totaling around 20, but officials noted there is a lag time to be officially reflected in the state's reporting to the CDC.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

You're on the mark there I think. Part of me thinks "what does it all really matter anyway" as planet earth is just a pit stop as far as I see it, and our lives do not end with death, they just transform. I probably won't think like that if I have to wear a bio suit every time I step out of the front door or if I lost a loved one to this virus but the fact is this planet is just riddled with evil and I don't think there's an awful lot we can do about it now, it's too far gone. All we can do is act on our awareness and be one step ahead of the game. Because in a way, that's how it feels like down here - one big weird game and you have to see how many levels you can get through .

Aah, I think the martini is calling me again, all of this is exhausting and so distracting too. I've barely done anything all week except read news and undertake shopping trips .

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Please do ask........and hopefully sooner than later if you know what I mean. I am making calls to everyone over my pay grade.........

I will post what I hear as well.........

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieSlayer

So now humans are infecting pigs. Great! Just another inhumane act upon the swine of the world.

How will everyone look back on the fear and paranoia once this little exercise has run it's course? We had eight long years of terrorist coming out of the woodwork..all brought to you by Rumsfeld, Bush and Cheney. And now we have a bright future dodging influenza also brought to you by Rumsfeld, Gilead and Chan.

I may very well be wrong and in a week I could be bloated and decaying at my computer desk. I'll let you know.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

Are you being sneeky and just quoting biden and powell or was that just a totally off the top of your head rant?

My gawd how similiar thing's can be so far down the road these day's!
I am so tired of waiting for answer's I think I may call in a few favor's and see what I can find. This waiting for the truth with my 3 kid's lives on the line isn't funny anymore.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

I'm not screwing around folks, I can't stress enough how critical this is and how REAL the intel is. If you knew where and who this was coming from you'd need to change your pants.

Some are buying this, I'm not, at least not until you stop being so cryptic about your intel and spill the beans. Until then, you could be some 13 yr old having a bit of fun, or a Roche employee, or just a self important a-hole blowing his/her own trumpet.

If you have something which is real and verifiable, I'll listen, and I'll tell everyone else to listen (I have over 2 million registered on my website database so I'm not screwing around either folks)

You can U2U me if you like.

[edit on 2/5/09 by RogerT]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
No offense to anyone, but I do not appreciate posts that state (basically summed up) you have credible intel, you can't give up your sources, I'm going to have to change my pants if I hear it, or I'll be scared.

Look, I want answers and facts. If you have them, give them up. Don't keep information to yourself. Help other people out by being upfront and honest. Giving these little nuggets out and hoarding the rest is not helpful right now. People want real answers. Right now, we need the truth. I'm not a child, I do not need to be coddled. I'm right sure that I can handle whatever is thrown at me. It's better to know than to fish around in the dark.

Thank you.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

infected his pigs ????????????????? imao lololol

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

Originally posted by FlyersFan

These figures show the virus has gone human to human all over the planet.

It's clearly more than two WHO regions involved.
It's clearly a Level 6.

Well, I've done my best but it really is a waste of time. If are unable to read and comprehend the definition of Phase 6 then there isn't much I can do to.

Peace to you.

Deny ignorance my stubborn friend! - Read Dailymail:

Professor Sir Roy Anderson, rector of Imperial College, London, declared yesterday that a pandemic had already begun and the focus had to be on drug distribution.

Sir Roy said the disease was being transmitted in a sustained way in the US, and this would happen in other countries.

He said: 'The definition of phases five and six [of the WHO's pandemic alert scale] is somewhat irrelevant. A pandemic has started.'

So! do you trust us telling you the truth yet? or will you keep on listen to the liars in Mexico - USA - WHO ??

I’ve never experienced anything like it’: England’s first victim to contract swine flu from another human speaks of his ordeal

www.dailymail.co.uk... l

www.dailymail.co.uk...

You know!

When you earlier told me I didn't knew what I was talking about!

I guess it's my turn to tell you the same my friend!

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by Kailassa

From Pfizer Animal Health. The evolving nature of the swine influenza virus (SIV) makes it hard to control, especially in show pigs.

Over the years, SIV has evolved from one basic subtype - H1N1 - that used to occur mainly in fall [autumn] and early winter. In 1998, a new subtype - H3N2 - appeared. Researchers said it developed from human, swine and avian influenza viruses that had somehow combined. This subtype caused a swine flu epidemic because pigs were only immune to the H1N1 subtype. Some years after that, another subtype of SIV emerged - H1N2 - and it affected some pigs but was not as widespread.

Please read above then use link to read full article befor denying link to pigs. The article is from sept 2008 so it has been in pigs and probly in most pigs but foesn't effect them the same.

Exactly, that article was written in September 08 about various types of flu being found in pigs. It has no relevance to the flu we are talking about now, except to explain why it is/was being referred to as swine flu.

There is not just one H1N1 subtype, there are many variations.

If the main flu subtypes did not have variations, the making of flu vaccines would be a breeze. However the pharma companies have to always be testing for the latest trends and mutations in order to have a vaccine that might work. And even then, some years the vaccine misses the target, immunising against the wrong types.

The human/avian/swine subtype that has occurred recently has never been isolated in any animals. (Unless the Canadian farmer mentioned above really has somehow passed it on to his pigs after returning from Mexico.)

Time: Swine Flu: Don't Blame the Pig

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous

So! do you trust us telling you the truth yet? or will you keep on listen to the liars in Mexico - USA - WHO ??

The problem with you is that you lay claim to a "truth," that you do not possess. Apparently in your eyes, the truth is what is spoken by those who support your point of view.

You don't seem to deny ignorance, quite the contrary you seem to wholeheartedly embrace it.

My point of view is based on the definitions set forth the the World Health Organization, which, like it or not, is the responsible international body. You base your point of view on things you find by googling on the internet with no conceivable idea as to the veracity of the sources.

new topics

top topics

<< 248  249  250    252  253  254 >>

join