It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 253
<< 250  251  252    254  255  256 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
its funny to see how the right and left hand disagree,but a few days later it all gets corrected...i for one find when this happens your getting the truths out of a barrel of lies..

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

The thing about lies, you'll always get caught out, especially with half a million ATS eyeballs on their case.

p.s. A TV channel in England is showing the following film tonight:

The Crazies (1973) US Army personnel investigate the crash of a military plane, which has left a town's water supply contaminated with a virus. Meanwhile, the unfortunate residents who have drunk it are driven into a murderous frenzy.

I guess they are trying to assimilate acceptance. Quite bad timing for this movie. I wonder if they'll show 'The Andromeda Strain' tomorrow? Scary film, in light of the current situation 38 years later.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Riots At Mexico Prison,Visitors Banned Over Swine Flu Concerns.
Theres video on the link above. Seems the riot was outside the prison of people who wanted to go in and visit.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

with all the scandel going on over mexican reporting the truth,MAYBE there rioting to get in for some kind of refuge for safetly???The world may never know!!!

I'm being funny...Or am I??

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
reply to post by JBA2848

with all the scandel going on over mexican reporting the truth,MAYBE there rioting to get in for some kind of refuge for safetly???The world may never know!!!

I'm being funny...Or am I??

Is that a rhetorical question? Either way, A+ for effort, B- for delivery

Redpillblues, do you mind me asking (i remember reading you're ex-military somewhere in a thread), but what preparations are you making, if any? Are you all 'tooled' up?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
First genetic analysis of swine flu reveals potency

Nicholas Grassly of Imperial College London and Andrew Rambaut of the University of Edinburgh, UK, have analysed the rate of spread. Their analysis is based on the small mutations that have accumulated in almost two dozen genetic sequences produced so far, from viruses collected from patients in Mexico and the US.

The limited sampling so far gives rise to considerable uncertainty in the estimate," cautions Rambaut. But if the rate at which genes mutate is about the same for this virus as for other H1N1 viruses, the number of mutations that have accumulated so far suggests it has been circulating since January – or even September 2008.

So the swine flu has geneticly changed 24 times since it started. I can't see how they can try and control it if its ever changing at that rate.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Here in Austin..according to Fox7 news yesterday...there were 65 cases of confirmed type A influenza. Not sure how many of those got tested for H1N1..but being that it's this time a year (not flu season) one would assume that most of those are...right?

Also..in the same broadcast they showed video from Dell Children's Hospital..they have tents filled with cots set up in the parking garage in case of "overflow"...this was disturbing to me. What are they expecting?

I'm trying to be positive but just don't know anymore.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
There were a TON of people in my university out with the flu in march. Some classes half the students were missing. I got it for the first time in my life. I didn't get tested, but my roommate did. He was positive for Influenza A... Aren't most cases we get supposed to be B?
When I lived at home, my brother and sister and father were sick every year, I usually helped care for them and never got sick. My roommate here got the flu in march, coughed around me and I got the flu. Could it be the same virus?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
From TCPH dept

549 suspected cases of which 73 have been identified as probable and sent to CDC. 14 returned positive (9 today) and 57 still pending. So to date, in this county at least, all 'probables' that were checked by CDC have been positive.

Could be a heads up when you see probables. Looks like only about 13 percent of suspected cases become probable but 100 percent of probables become confirmed positive.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by liveandlearn]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by notcrazyinaustin

Wow! this means cases in Texas probably tripled today. It is hard to believe Harris co. (Houston) only had 2 confirmed cases today. Looks like everyone isn't testing aggressively. But then we already knew that.

edit to say: Oops! if they are just confirmed type A then they are only suspected cases the way I understand it.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

As for prepping for this particular thing going on,i geuss the physical preps included..
wife going out earlier in the week and stocking up on foods and drinks..Dont need bottled water as we have a well..
she bought a case of chinese noodles and can foods..Stocked up on pet food,as two big sheppards eat quite allot..

I made sure that we had a box of surgical gloves,and hand sanitizer.
i dusted off my old chemical suits and gas masks..gave them a cleaning..Also cleaned up a few 3m Resperators and made sure my wife found one that fit,as they are sized..Made sure I had the correct filters for them,as they are many..They all have different uses..

I made two buckets up as a ''go''kit..each have a 3m mask,the correct charcole filters and prefilters..a small bottle of bleach,small spray bottle and hand sanitizer..A tyvek suit,safety goggles and duct tape..

One is for my wife and a spare..I have an old m17 mill. issue mask for myself.Along with a old chem suit..Both are in like new condition..

I made sure we had painters thin plastic and duct tape on hand for the worse scenario..

I like to prepare for the worst and expect the least..I have limmited my contact with people as much as possible,and encouraged my wife to do the same..and to use hand sanitizer often and before she gets in the truck to come home...

Right now,I am just taking in all the information and weeding through it that best gives the likely senario of the future...

The thing that gets me is that this virus is a bridge to much worse..I understand that the gubmint has there backs against the wall with the economy and have to handle this with ''white gloves'' to avoid a panic and to further put us deeper in the hole..

They didn't raise the levels for nothing,and for people to say this is nothing to be concerned about,well there the ones that mother nature takes care of so often..

My best advice is to take all things in and make your own decision on how to protect yourself if this infact gets worse..i hope I am wrong when I say this,but i feel as though it will not..Its always flu season some where and this virus I dont think is going any where any time soon..

From what I took in from the doc the other day is that say Chinas flu season is comming up,we use our vaccination to combat that flu there..Its kinda like a game of ring around the rosie,the country who just had the flu uses there vaccine to combat the flu in the country that is getting it now.Just as we in the US use a vaccine from the country that is getting over there flu season...the problem is we dont have a vaccine to block it,just anti-virals to get get of it..The country to look at is the one who is getting into the flu season..I think thats were we will see a glimps of things to come..

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Originally posted by JBA2848

the number of mutations that have accumulated so far suggests it has been circulating since January – or even September 2008.

So the swine flu has geneticly changed 24 times since it started. I can't see how they can try and control it if its ever changing at that rate.

so this swine-bird-human virus could have been first noticed around the same time the whole financial mess started?
tptb saw what was comming and had to cash out.
who knows they could be related somehow. everything is connected in this universe in one way or another.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by elitegamer23]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

i forgot to add that is looking at this mess as a natural occurance,and being fed the somewhat correct info..i can see the downplay of infected and dead to combat panic..I cant see the down play of the ''strength'' as it is right to know the truth of something that may infact get me or you..

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I am new here to posting but not new to reading. Been around for about 3 yrs off and on. What caught my eye in this post enough to respond was the possiblity that this flu is something that has been around since Sept 2008.

I'll be as brief as possible with my family's expeience. In Sept 2008 my husband came down suddently with a respiratory infection with high fever chills etc. In less than 12 hours he was spitting up clots of blood could not even put on his own shoes and I had to rush him to urgent care. He was diagnosed with pneumonia which I thought was odd since it came on suddenly. Prior to that day he did not have so much as a sniffle. It took about 3 weeks to get better and he coughed for over a month.

Later in October our 2nd to oldest son got the same thing with lasted for over 2 weeks. Pneumonia, breathing treatments, fever for over 2 weeks.

In November I woke up the Monday before Thanksgiving with a sore throat and by the end of the day complete laryngitis which lasted until Jan 3, 2009. I totally lost my voice had swelling so bad had to go to ER twice and doctor also to get shot to reduce swelling. Also had fever for over a month and exhaustion, body aches etc.

No sooner than I was well our oldest son had a 2 week battle with pneumonia and fever etc.

Off and on during this time our oldest daughter, middle daughter, youngest daughter, and youngest son had milder cases of the same thing. So did our son in law. In case you are counting that makes 6 children for a total of 9 of us in the house having had this.

I share this because my husband and I talked about it at the time that it was like nothing we had ever experienced before and with 6 kids we have seen everytthing from Chicken Pox, RotaVirus, RSV, Pnuemonia etc. And I like to think of us as a pretty healthy lot. Even had a stupid misdiagnosis with MRSA. Thank God that doctor was an idiot and all was really well.

Anyway we discussed since all this came out that maybe we have already had this particular flu and also just through anecdotal evidence from friends and family here in SC this may have been out for a while. Like to hear others thoughts on this.

Until Later,
Millionaire Mommy

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by millionairemommy

Wow! That is the worst story I think I have heard yet-I hope you all are doing ok now.
Would you mind sharing where you are from? A general idea would be fine. Thanks for your story, because all information is helpful.

-FMF

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

The thing that gets me is that this virus is a bridge to much worse..I understand that the gubmint has there backs against the wall with the economy and have to handle this with ''white gloves'' to avoid a panic and to further put us deeper in the hole..

Well written my friend! these are the same as my thoughts

I agree with that this virus could be a bridge to something more sinister down the line!

And they are very afraid to make more damage to the worldeconomy so I guess their reporting isn't that honest as we could wish for.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

I agree,i posted earlier in this thread of my wife getting sick out of the blue with all the known symtoms of this thing..It happened a week or two before the first sound of swine flu on the news..It was something very different from a standard flu..Included pains that she has never gotten before,in her hips..

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

WHO Update

This will help explain the WHO's status on the phase 5 / 6 question..

Raising pandemic alert level to 6 still possible: WHO

GENEVA: The World Health Organization (WHO) said on Saturday that the risk of a pandemic caused by the A/H1N1 virus was still very high and there
was still the possibility to raise the alert level to Phase 6 from the current Phase 5.

"At the present time, I would still propose that a pandemic is imminent because we are seeing the disease spread," Michael Ryan, the agency's director for global alert and response, told a news briefing in Geneva.

"This is the time for us to prepare, and be ready," he said.

Please visit the link for more info on how they describe the phase situation.

[edit on 5/2/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by -Rugged Shark-

Can you provide a link for a source which indicates that China has banned flights from other countries, besides Mexico, which your posts implies that it has.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by pmbhuntress
reply to post by cornblossom

I fully agree, I also am still having breathing problems even after a month of being out of the hospital. My daughters asthma meds were uped to 4 xs a day instead of 2 times due to the breathing problems. My son also had breathing problems for about a week after the Bug was gone. I fully agree that I have never seen a bad flu like that. I had 2 flus this year and neither was as bad as the killer bug. We have family in Kentucky and they also had it. 2 of the 3 children got it and My sister inlaw that is pregnant got it. According to some folks here the bug was pretty much nationwide yet no warnings went out. I lost 9 pounds during the sickness, and my daughter lost 12 pounds. I wasnt to much sick on my stomach I was just far to weak to even sit and eat.

Our co-worker is also still having breathing problems on and off since getting out of the hospital. From everything you're describing about your and your family's experience, it sounds worse than any flu I've ever had. Sure, I've had the flu with fever, body aches, coughing, and intestinal problems, but I was never too weak to sit and eat.

Check out page 253 where member "JBA2848" cites a reference which states the H1N1 virus may have been circulating as far back as Sept. 2008 and Jan. 2009. It certainly makes me suspicious that what you and others went through with that bad bug might have been H1N1.

new topics

top topics

<< 250  251  252    254  255  256 >>

join