It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 248
<< 245  246  247    249  250  251 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I am concerned about these people dying suddenly recently. I am wondering if sudden pulmonary arrest might be an unseen part of this?

If people start having more pulmonary events or sudden deaths during this first few weeks of May, a closer look would be warranted.

upmc-cbn.org/report_archive/2009/04_April_2009

Oseltamivir Protective Against Influenza Induced Cardiac Events
By Amesh A. Adalja, MD

April 3, 2009

Cardiac complications such as pericarditis and myocarditis are frequently encountered, and increased hospitalization rates for cardiovascular events such as stroke, myocardial infarction, angina, and sudden cardiac death have been reported during influenza epidemics as well.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT

Originally posted by jonny2410

Originally posted by RogerT
Hysteria is running rampant, in the media, in the shopping mall, on ATS and here in this thread.

Here's some perspective.....

Daily Global Deaths caused by or associated with:

Hunger/Poverty: 50,000
Heart Disease: 40,000
Cancer: 20,000
Allopathic Medicine: 15,000
Symptoms Claimed to be AIDS: 5,000 (most in Africa - hmmmm?!)
Road Accidents: 4,000
War: 1,000

Swine Flu ......... 1 or 2 ?

April 29, when media is claiming 152 global deaths, WHO say this is bunk and true figure is 7 ?!
www.smh.com.au...

Keep a sense of perspective people

i see your point but none of those are an infectious disease capable of mutating into a more deadly strain (or less it must be said) as well as infecting anybody as nobody has immunity to it.

I thought AIDS would qualify for that?

How about we add all infectious diseases into the rankings. Where do you think this swine flu would fit in. I'll wager it'll still be pretty close to the bottom.

AIDS does not spread by air therefore limiting infection. But yes dont get me wrong there are diseases much, much worse than this. I think the concern is while its mild it spreads very fast and if it mutates it could get worse.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by pmbhuntress

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by infinite

Goodmorning to all, I see the UK stayed busy here last night or I should say night for me..........

Infinite, very interesting numbers, Pandemic? What pandemic? 40 cases wilth very few probable? Hhmmmmmmmm

Before I crashed last night, three different members reported from Mexico that all of this flu stuff was BS.......and they could not even find anyone who knew of someone dying......

They even reported that yes people were wearing mask and gloves but the ER's were empty (as far as flu) cases. And no deaths??

In the U.S., I have verified people being sick and linked deaths to the virus that the CDC is not reporting on the east coast.....

Have there been more reports that this is BS in Mexico and maybe this virus really started in the US in an attempt to completely destroy the Mexican economy? Just a thought?

My husband has family in Mexico and is calling them daily, so far they have seen nothing. I have a strange feeling this is one of those new ways the government wants to destroy Mexico. I truthfully believe its a bunch of BS. My daughter caught a virus 2 months ago we all got it. According to the Dr. it was a killer virus. It also had headaches and high fever. At that time it was effecting children and elderly mostly. There had been 27 deaths just in NC at that time. I believe its the same virus. Yet it was hushed up at that time. It was not the regular flu. We had already had both of those strains for the year. My 6 year old almost died from it. But is now fine.

I believe its something that started here in the US. and just now we are seeing it. And hearing about it. A few others were talking in here about a week ago about them having a high fever with a virus, and this was over a month back. Sounds to me like the government is covering somehing up. It wouldnt be there first time to cover up something either.

Yep. I have a friend recently moved to Oaxaca who told me she and her husband have seen nothing. There's no panic. There's no one sick around them. Not in the next city. She "hears of cases on the radio or tv but no one knows for sure who is sick". ER is quiet. No one laying in the street dying. No one near her has relatives sick.

She told me the only people she has seen wearing masks are ones on TV.

And my family also came down sick with a mild flu mid April. It started after my area (montana) had heavy chem trails. My husband who doesn't even really believe in conspiracies pointed out the chem trails and how odd they looked. About 3 - 4 days later we all had sore throats, aches, nausea, chills. It lasted around 3 days and was gone. We too have started to wonder if this started in the US.

I'm not trying to discredit people who are sick, or those who are ill in Mexico and died. But I am highly suspicious of the numbers and what is truly going on.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted yet or not but I saw this video just now on youtube, linked from AJ.

www.youtube.com...

Very interesting.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Odd...

Santa Clara school nurse dies after performing CPR on stricken coach

Santa Clara school nurse dies after performing CPR on stricken coach
By Lisa Fernandez Mercury News
Posted: 04/29/2009 06:47:39 PM PDT

A 59-year-old school nurse at Santa Clara High School died unexpectedly after she helped resuscitate a softball coach who collapsed on a track during practice, school officials said Wednesday.

Eileen Bowen, of Half Moon Bay, died sometime Tuesday night, said Santa Clara Unified School District spokeswoman Tabatha Kappeler-Hurley. The cause of her death is unknown. Her family has asked, through the district, for privacy as they mourn the sudden loss.

The softball coach collapsed about 4:45 p.m. After she helped perform CPR on the stricken man, Bowen fell for some reason and hit her head, Kappeler-Hurley said. She died en route to Valley Medical Center.

The school did not identify the coach, but MediaNews has learned it was John Rahbar, 41, who is said to have been in excellent shape. He is recovering today in the intensive care unit at the Kaiser Permanente Medical Center in Santa Clara.

I am as clueless as anyone, I just thought this was strange.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Asherah

Originally posted by Asherah

Originally posted by pmbhuntress

reply to post by infinite

Goodmorning to all, I see the UK stayed busy here last night or I should say night for me..........

Infinite, very interesting numbers, Pandemic? What pandemic? 40 cases wilth very few probable? Hhmmmmmmmm

Before I crashed last night, three different members reported from Mexico that all of this flu stuff was BS.......and they could not even find anyone who knew of someone dying......

They even reported that yes people were wearing mask and gloves but the ER's were empty (as far as flu) cases. And no deaths??

In the U.S., I have verified people being sick and linked deaths to the virus that the CDC is not reporting on the east coast.....

Have there been more reports that this is BS in Mexico and maybe this virus really started in the US in an attempt to completely destroy the Mexican economy? Just a thought?

My husband has family in Mexico and is calling them daily, so far they have seen nothing. I have a strange feeling this is one of those new ways the government wants to destroy Mexico. I truthfully believe its a bunch of BS. My daughter caught a virus 2 months ago we all got it. According to the Dr. it was a killer virus. It also had headaches and high fever. At that time it was effecting children and elderly mostly. There had been 27 deaths just in NC at that time. I believe its the same virus. Yet it was hushed up at that time. It was not the regular flu. We had already had both of those strains for the year. My 6 year old almost died from it. But is now fine.

I believe its something that started here in the US. and just now we are seeing it. And hearing about it. A few others were talking in here about a week ago about them having a high fever with a virus, and this was over a month back. Sounds to me like the government is covering somehing up. It wouldnt be there first time to cover up something either.

Yep. I have a friend recently moved to Oaxaca who told me she and her husband have seen nothing. There's no panic. There's no one sick around them. Not in the next city. She "hears of cases on the radio or tv but no one knows for sure who is sick". ER is quiet. No one laying in the street dying. No one near her has relatives sick.

She told me the only people she has seen wearing masks are ones on TV.

And my family also came down sick with a mild flu mid April. It started after my area (montana) had heavy chem trails. My husband who doesn't even really believe in conspiracies pointed out the chem trails and how odd they looked. About 3 - 4 days later we all had sore throats, aches, nausea, chills. It lasted around 3 days and was gone. We too have started to wonder if this started in the US.

I'm not trying to discredit people who are sick, or those who are ill in Mexico and died. But I am highly suspicious of the numbers and what is truly going on.

I just watched CNN about an hour ago reporting how bad it was in Mexico.......They interviewed a family explaining how she can't feed her family because businesses are shut down....They were showing people wearing mask..........They painted this terriable picture there.......

This gives me a real bad feeling inside.........Something is going down..

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Let me tell you this much. If you were talking to some of the people I'm talking to you'd know better than to believe anything the media or "official" channels are putting out.

They're going to lie to you until you can see this thing outside your door. No bull#, no fun and games and I don't want to scare people. I want people who are worthy to take action to protect themselves and their loved ones and do it NOW. If a bunch of ATS skeptics go extinct it's really no loss in my book.

This "re-infection" thing in Mexico is EXTREMELY critical folks. PLEASE help me find confirmation of this if it's true.

I would stop worrying about the official "numbers" and start working your own, more direct sources of intel if you want to even stand the slightest hope of being informed. I'm sitting on news so bad I won't even post it here or anywhere else.

Listen to me:

1. This is not a "mild flu"
  2. Level 6 or not, it's time to keep the kids home and that means HOME, not the mall
  3. It's time to work from home or take some leave
  4. Avoid infection which means self isolation. Stay away from other people and animals
  5. It's time to stock up on food and needs. Do it late at night and wear protective gear while doing so

I'm not screwing around folks, I can't stress enough how critical this is and how REAL the intel is. If you knew where and who this was coming from you'd need to change your pants.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

i am wanting to do this could u possibly u2u me the info

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
Let me tell you this much. If you were talking to some of the people I'm talking to you'd know better than to believe anything the media or "official" channels are putting out.

They're going to lie to you until you can see this thing outside your door. No bull#, no fun and games and I don't want to scare people. I want people who are worthy to take action to protect themselves and their loved ones and do it NOW. If a bunch of ATS skeptics go extinct it's really no loss in my book.

This "re-infection" thing in Mexico is EXTREMELY critical folks. PLEASE help me find confirmation of this if it's true.

I would stop worrying about the official "numbers" and start working your own, more direct sources of intel if you want to even stand the slightest hope of being informed. I'm sitting on news so bad I won't even post it here or anywhere else.

Listen to me:

1. This is not a "mild flu"
  2. Level 6 or not, it's time to keep the kids home and that means HOME, not the mall
  3. It's time to work from home or take some leave
  4. Avoid infection which means self isolation. Stay away from other people and animals
  5. It's time to stock up on food and needs. Do it late at night and wear protective gear while doing so

I'm not screwing around folks, I can't stress enough how critical this is and how REAL the intel is. If you knew where and who this was coming from you'd need to change your pants.

hey im not discoutning your theory at all, in fact i think i beleive you and thankyou for trying to help.
however i ask can you elaborate a bit please? i mean everycase i have seen outside of mexico is mild? Just a bit more detail please thanks

edit when you say re-infection, re-infection with what?

[edit on 2-5-2009 by jonny2410]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Okay...you have my full attention.

I've been fence-sitting for a day or so simply because in spite of the MANY hours I've spent online and on here,I am still simply not clear enough on the facts to make wise decisions.

Please keep the info coming if you can,I totally respect "confidental sources" as I have one myself and although he's assured me it's safe to fly,I am cautious.

Thank you.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Source to the updates on confirmed Canadian cases

Cases of swine flu confirmed in Canada increases to 76

Health officials in Nova Scotia, British Columbia and Quebec confirmed a spate of new swine flu cases Saturday, boosting the national count to 76. The Nova Scotia Department of Health said lab testing had confirmed 17 new cases in the province. Eleven of the cases are related to the King's-Edgehill school community in Windsor, but the breakdown between students and staff is not known, according to the Nova Scotia Department of Health. Six other cases are outside of the school population.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I can totally respect confidential sources as well, but please understand that we get people that join up and say things like you are saying for a variety of subjects and it ends up being a hoax. Could you please elaborate a little more on what you are hearing?

I promise, I can take it, and if you want the truth to get out there for us to see, it would be helpful to give us some more information. Of course, just be mindful at the same time that if you divulge too much, you may in a form reveal whatever source it is that you may have, and I don't want that individual having trouble for themselves either.

Thank you for keeping us posted.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by smallpeeps

It isn't strange if you live here they have now ordered 10 school's closed for 2 weeks and have many more on the block to be closed.(Bay Area) They are trying to contain the flu outbreak in the children here now.
They said they sent 55 "probable" samples to the cdc with 20 confirmed already. They have also stated that there is a "lag time" between the time it takes for the cdc to get the samples and report. (DUH)
If there is one thing good about reporters in northern california they have nice ways of getting around what they "aren't" supposed to be telling us...

The other thing about kaiser is that 6 million of it's patients are used as a control group and no one know's who they are. They also use the kaiser pharmacies in the area to keep track of how many anti viral and antibiotic medications are handed out during the normal flu season. So not much of a stretch to see them using kaiser now to keep tabs. (by them and they I mean the cdc and who)

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I have taken a 'let's wait and see' approach this far. Last night that changed for me.

Come on people, we have got to use our heads here. What would cause all these heads of states around the world to react so aggressively? From lock down of buildings to slaughtering pigs in many countries? At first the media hype is huge, then "oh its just a mild flu"
Look at what is happening. Schools in entire states closing. People being held as if they were hostages in Hong Kong! Russia is reacting drastically! Why? Why? What is really going on here? A mild flu that is highly contagious? So what!! A move for the NWO? I don't think so. A snowball effect for the Global Economy?
Isn't that already happening?

I am not trying to be an alarmist, but I think the powers that be are SCARED!!

What if this is an extremely Lethal virus, and more contagious than anything we have ever seen? What if there is no way to treat it and they are telling us the antivirals will work in just to pacify us? What are they going to report? " Oh this new flu is most likely going to kill you quickly, but not without suffering terribly. Hey and guess what there's not a damn thing we can do to save you"

No! They would have a MASS PANIC on their hands! Riots, Suicides, healthcare system would crumble! Transportaion would be in chaos as people try to get home to be with their loved ones, every business would shut down, the economy would come to a screeching halt. Food shortages followed by Famine.
Not just here in the U.S. But everywhere on the planet.

I do not believe this is actually happening, because I don't want to. But something here is very, very wrong. We are not being told the truth for a reason. This reminds me of the band that played while the Titanic went down.

Just my honest thoughts about the entire mystery.

Now I know I have opened pandora's box for massive criticism, that's ok, I'm a big girl I can take it.

Really I'm just looking for someone to assure me that this is not the case. Quite frankly, I'm scared!!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

he is possibly talking about re-infection with Tijuana Trips. cannot find anything about this on google, maybe it is really ATS stuff

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Well, I posted a simular post back several days ago regarding information from my source.........ATS members here on this thread completely blasted my comments as if I started this damn flu issue.......

My last contact with my source was last Saturday and I will repost what I learned at that time. Evedently under these circumstanses security is extremely high concerning communication..........I did get a message from her son on Tuesday and the only thing I can add is that it is mutating.......to what level I have no idea.........

Thanks for your post......

reply to post by irishchic

I have a top leve contact with the CDC who is a scientist working on this flu issue.......

In confidence I was told

"Do not take any up coming vaccination"

"What you hear in the media and government .....multiply by 4"

"This is the first of many rounds as this mutates"

This is the first time I posted this info here on ATS.......So for me and my family that is our first step......Not to take the vaccine or anything "Bird" related....My big fear is that our government will be forcing us to take the vaccines in the very near future as the mutation progresses with H5N1........There is some real evil lurking in our governement and world.

As far as what to do next..........I am working on that.....

But tonight say a prayer..........

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by aramaki
reply to post by jonny2410

he is possibly talking about re-infection with Tijuana Trips. cannot find anything about this on google, maybe it is really ATS stuff

wtf is tijuana trips lol?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

You are right: something is very.very,wrong...a lovely member just U2u'd me to reassure me that knowledge IS the ultimate best defense in any situation and honestly,I don't think you will be flamed at all because sooooo many of us who were ready to dismiss and kick the situation to the curb last night are starting to "consider" exactly what you have written in your post.

Too much mis-information,lack of clarity all the way around,over-reaction/no reaction...the world is going on around me as if nothing is wrong,just got a call from a friend at the Kentucky Derby where HUNDREDS are carrying on and here some of us sit wondering if we have enough supplies on hand.

I feel you and I'm sure others do as well,it's the UNKNOWN that is the scariest!

Will add this here: family member in position of authority with DHS has assured me it's "safe to fly"as I have air-travel pending HOWEVER he's also been working around the clock "coordinating" efforts between state and local officials per the CDC...when I spoke to him yesterday,he sounded very,very stressed.
I'd love to ask him more but won't compromise his job.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by irishchic]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
I have taken a 'let's wait and see' approach this far. Last night that changed for me.

Come on people, we have got to use our heads here. What would cause all these heads of states around the world to react so aggressively? From lock down of buildings to slaughtering pigs in many countries? At first the media hype is huge, then "oh its just a mild flu"
Look at what is happening. Schools in entire states closing. People being held as if they were hostages in Hong Kong! Russia is reacting drastically! Why? Why? What is really going on here? A mild flu that is highly contagious? So what!! A move for the NWO? I don't think so. A snowball effect for the Global Economy?
Isn't that already happening?

I am not trying to be an alarmist, but I think the powers that be are SCARED!!

What if this is an extremely Lethal virus, and more contagious than anything we have ever seen? What if there is no way to treat it and they are telling us the antivirals will work in just to pacify us? What are they going to report? " Oh this new flu is most likely going to kill you quickly, but not without suffering terribly. Hey and guess what there's not a damn thing we can do to save you"

No! They would have a MASS PANIC on their hands! Riots, Suicides, healthcare system would crumble! Transportaion would be in chaos as people try to get home to be with their loved ones, every business would shut down, the economy would come to a screeching halt. Food shortages followed by Famine.
Not just here in the U.S. But everywhere on the planet.

I do not believe this is actually happening, because I don't want to. But something here is very, very wrong. We are not being told the truth for a reason. This reminds me of the band that played while the Titanic went down.

Just my honest thoughts about the entire mystery.

Now I know I have opened pandora's box for massive criticism, that's ok, I'm a big girl I can take it.

Really I'm just looking for someone to assure me that this is not the case. Quite frankly, I'm scared!!

well to assure you - interviews have been conducted with a handfull of infected and well they are all alive and fine lol. But i do have the same sense as you - something is up, why the hell would there be this much of a fuss over what they are calling " a mild flu", it doesnt add up.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
# New Zealand: 101 Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported; Decrease in Number of Suspected Cases From 136 on 1 May.#swineflu #H1N12 minutes ago from web

# Canada: ...Ontario (12), Alberta (8), Quebec (2), and New Brunswick (1) #swineflu30 minutes ago from web

# Canada: Health officials report 56 confirmed influenza A (H1N1) cases nationwide; British Columbia (19), Nova Scotia (14)...#swineflu31 minutes ago from web

new topics

top topics

<< 245  246  247    249  250  251 >>

join