It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 252
<< 249  250  251    253  254  255 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Canadian conference just started

www.phac-aspc.gc.ca...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
If anyone got any information about the person that posted a few posts back about how he won't tell us any info because we'll crap our pants I'd appreciate it you would post it here or U2U to me as I am very interested in what this info is.

Thanks.

link   
There's still no articles available on the net about the Alberta farmer who infected his pigs. Guess they'll be online after the news briefing.

I snapped a picture though of the CBC news flash last hour.

link   
please stop bickering about phase 6, it's almost as tiresome as this uncertainty, txs.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous

Peace my man! and don't let the door hit you on the way out!

FRANKLY! - I PITY YOU!

Oh I'll be here. Don't you worry about that.

Peace.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Damn, they're talking that funny language @ Canadian conference

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
They're speaking french and english. It's back and forth.
Here's another snapshot I just took of the news briefing.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The personal attacks need to stop now. This is a huge thread and no one wants to hear you bickering.

Thank you,

wupy

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Brilliant, reporter pushing him to answer: "Would you eat those pigs?", he sounded sheepish in his response:

www.phac-aspc.gc.ca...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
First article I could find.

Caseload grows in Canada, U.S.; officials say Canadian pigs infected

Indeed, as the caseload in Canada jumped from 51 to 85, government sources told The Canadian Press that officials were investigating cases of pigs in Alberta becoming infected by the H1N1 strain, the result of a farm worker who fell ill shortly after returning from a trip to Mexico.

It’s believed to be the first time this particular swine flu virus, which is made up of mutated swine flu genes, is believed to have jumped to humans sometime back and has since been passing person to person.

www.winnipegfreepress.com...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Canadian conference summary:

-10% of pig stock infected (either 22k or 2,200, not sure)
-pigs showed respiratory problems, loss of appetite
-all pigs recovered
-they weren't sure how the farmer infected the pigs in the barn

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

Yeah, good job by that reporter..I'm kinda surprised by this group doing the press conference...this is the FIRST confirmed infection of pigs from human contact of the H1N1 and they give hardly 10 mins to answer any questions, they didn't think there would be a lot of questions? lol

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety
Brilliant, reporter pushing him to answer: "Would you eat those pigs?", he sounded sheepish in his response:

www.phac-aspc.gc.ca...

That was so B.S...

yeah I'm sure he'll eat it after its been radiated and sterilized..

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
So basically the gov over in Canada knew on the 24th of APRIL that the farm had an outbreak that had gone from human back to pig and kept it quiet till they could make sure all was well before telling anyone!
That is total CRAP they should have come out and told other's. Not wait till they could get it under "their" control and water down the outcome.
Yeah I liked the pushy lady too she apparently didn't like the information being withheld for so long either.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
An article from CBC.

Alberta pigs infected with swine flu, says top CFIA official

The human swine flu virus has infected pigs in Alberta, a top official with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency said Saturday.

Dr. Brian Evans, executive vice-president of the CFIA, said at a news conference in Ottawa that the pigs were infected by a farm worker who had recently been to Mexico and fell ill upon his return.

The worker returned from Mexico on April 12 and worked at the Alberta farm two days later. He "may have exposed pigs there to the illness," Evans said.

The man has since recovered. The pigs are also recovering and samples are being analyzed, he said.

"We have found the virus is the one being tracked in the human population," Evans said. He did not say how many pigs were affected and did not name the farm.

He reiterated that there is no risk of contracting the illness by consuming pork or coming in contact with pigs.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The Swine flu has reached Norway now. Three people have what they call the A variant of the flu virus. Its a mild form of the Swine flu.

This news link is in Norwegian so i bet a lot of you cant read it. But its the only source that i can give at this point.

www.abcnyheter.no...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Its also important to note that these pigs were infected on or around the 14th of last month! Than they realized around the 24th that they might have this? And this is the 2nd??

The lag between what is actually happening and what is 'confirmed' is really long. Just imagine how many people would be dead if this was a killer virus. Since this is really turning out to be quite a mild flu virus, just imagine how many people probably had this, or have it now and don't even attribute it to anything other than having a mild bug.

For all I know I've already had it, I had a bug the first week of last month, attributed it to a bronchitis or whatever 'bug' WAS very previlant over the winter.

This whole H1N1 mess is really turning out to be a non-issue except for scientist that are all excited about finding a new 'species'.

And I also back whats been told to these people talking about 'their sources' or whatever..put up or (snip)

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieSlayer

That's strange, just glanced at FNC and they were ending a piece on California pig farmers being worried about human to swine infection......

Just hit me funny after hearing the news from Canada...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
They were quick to end the conference i think, because they were afraid of the questions!

The reporter(s) sounded quite angry and forceful, which is a good sign of that inner fear turning into fire. Lets burn the bastards with hard core questions they can't avoid.

I feel we'll start seeing a lot more ballsy reporters accosting TPTB in conferences, if things continue to be enigmatic; let's hope anyway.

top topics

<< 249  250  251    253  254  255 >>

join