It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 126
<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Their is not enough information to confirm the truth at this moment. Not to mention people are being a lil flabbergast towards proactive research here on this thread, I just filter it out. Yet the last thing I am going to do is request for people to calm down and stop looking for the truth. Without the truth I can speculate that the numbers are all off, as far as who has this and who has died, simply because its a airborne disease or virus. In addition, their is a strange coincidence, here that does not make much sense. It may not be the virus that makes the biggest impact it may be the responses from the government's that do. That is why we need to pay attention to this. regardless of how WE act, the governments will act on their own accords.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Whether 911 was an inside job or not, theres still 5-6 thousand dead people...I don't see how the comparison works.

There are 60-80 people dead of this flu regardless of where it came from, whether it was engineered or not.

Its just a percentage game, and its too early to tell..if this flu regardless of where it comes from kills as little as 3 to 5% of the people that get it...than Millions WILL die from it...

Is it completely made up? I don't think so as people (scientist) on both sides of the argument agree that it is happening. As do all reports from every Dr and Hospital and EMS worker that I have talked to. So 'something' is here...we just don't know how bad it really is yet...and so far it doesn't look good.

So yes there is an argument of whether or not this was engineered as a weapon, more an argument that it will be used to limit our freedoms more and used to control us. But that isn't going to make the deaths any less real.

[edit on 4/29/2009 by toepick]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I am going to be the first in line to get my Tamiflu...........

Who's profiting from Tamiflu and these other drugs? The answers are at our fingers........ until the net shuts down!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

This panic is about us giving them more control....border checkpoints, ID, and the rest...evidence the seriousness of this outbreak in numbers?...you cant, because the numbers arnt there. Do you think health officials who have families would be keeping this quiet if it were as seriouse as the media and PTB are saying?...when will the penny drop people?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Adrifter

With respects, for correction, this infection is not airborn.

Not A 1 liner

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
scottish government live right now !!!!!

news.sky.com...

just started watching it myself so not sure if anythin interesting has beensaid yet, peace xx

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I've set up a blog following all the news and giving advice and information about the flu.

Granted the news websites get it up faster, but it's updated several times a day and you can read it all back in chronological order and so on. it's archived by day and organised by time so you can see what we were told when.

It's a good historical record if nothing else.

Anyway, I'm trying to help people keep up, so it's at:

www.survivingthepandemic.blogspot.com

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Now 5 cases of confirmed swine-flu in britain.

Sky news now

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Well the news about the baby was reported at first to be the first US Death and I wanted to get the news out there. Now it appears the child came from Mexico but died in the US. But we also find out that the death took place two days ago and we are just hearing about it now. Why the two day long delay?

Also, what was mentioned on the AJ show yesterday is that there appears to be at least two different strains and the one in Mexico is way worse then the one in the US. Also, this summer it will probably disappear and then come back stronger than ever just like the 1918 flu.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

www.webmd.com...

since this is educational to some, I will reply. I would not recommend letting people sneeze in your face with this ahem, Flu, or any other kinda cold or whatever.. This at least is one truth they can come up with..

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
You people have to remember. Just because it's not deadly now doesn't make it less of a threat. From the looks of things so far is the fact that it has the potential to infect higher than normal Flu infections. The bug will do the rest by mutating to become more deadly. Viruses evolve at an alarming rate and can overnight mutate into a nightmare. Especially when it's a strain that has never been seen.

The worry is about the potential of this virus, not its current state.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
suspected case on marine corps base at 29 palms..

[edit on 29-4-2009 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
From what I've heard Mexico has most likely had many unreported cases. It has been suggested this bug has been hitting Mexicans for the past 2 or 3 months only now do they realize what they're dealing with. This is based on the number of active cases reported to date and the numbers who have died. The mortality rate is too high. So either this is an especially virulent bug or the exact numbers aren't known.

Many point to the fact that regular flu kills thousands every year what's the big deal? Well it's the age group that swine flu tends to hit 16-54 that makes this more dangerous. From what I've read a normal healthy immune system can be quite aggressive. This strain is completely alien to the immune systems of most people so the healthy immune system overreacts and often attacks the lungs. I don't think this has been observed in the US not sure about Mexico but this immune response is what is feared.

I also worry about the second pass. If this immune reaction is not seen in this round I'm afraid should it make a comeback this fall we might have a very different situation.

It's important not to panic instead adopt good hygienic habits. Someone commented on how dirty everything is in Mexico no wonder this happened there. Sorry but Americans are pretty disgusting, imo. I worked at a convenience store in a tourist town most of our customers were nice tourist types and our bathroom stayed disgusting no matter how hard we tried. The filth left behind by the American public is an outrage.

We use to blame it on the men until we began seeing what women were leaving behind. It would embarrass me when a customer would tell me there was feces all over the bathroom. We kept a very clean store and we would get so busy we couldn't even get in to clean because of the line of people waiting for the bathroom. Our town has no rest stop even though we are at the junction of two major highways. It got so bad many other store owners began closing off their bathrooms to the public so we always got hit hard. As I said these were very nice looking tourist type people. I don't get it. People are too busy with their own lives to care about others. Please don't let your children use public restrooms without checking them out first yourself.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I've gotta break in and say this ... I'm getting my news faster here on this thread then on the TV. The TV and radio here isn't covering much of anything. Thank God for the internet.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I've gotta break in and say this ... I'm getting my news faster here on this thread then on the TV. The TV and radio here isn't covering much of anything. Thank God for the internet.

this is quite obvious and sad

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I agree...been following this thread from the start and participating along the way too... and although the topic is not a nice one, It's been a pleasure to be a part of this thread.
People discussing with, helping and being polite to one another.

This is what ATS is about.

At the forefront of news and discussions.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Everyone is going to have to take better care of themselves at any rate. I have found myself eating way more vegetables the last 2 days. I went to the store and bought vegetable juice for my little one also. The best defense anyone can have against this thing is vitamins IMHO. Take in as many veggies as you can and try to stay healthy. I mean, what else can you really do??

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 13Etznab

Oh give over!

Frankly, its none of your business to know anything about the "victims".

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Bologna, Italy
1 suspected case. Man returned from NY 3 days ago. Hospitalized in St. Malpighi in Bologna and has tested positive for Influenza A. Being tested for H1N1. Source: ilrestodelcarlino

Dundee, Scotland
2 suspected cases. Dr Drew Walker, director of Public Health confirms NHS Tayside is investigating 2 persons with travel links to Mexico. Source: eveningtelegraph

Rosario, Argentina
1 suspected case. Source: lacapital

Zagreb, Croatia
unable to verify. suspected cases. Source: ?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Yes this thread is brilliant for up tp date news on the Outbreak, and we don't get them asshat reporters telling us not to panic with that huge smirk on their face. This thread has covered more of this outbreak than the WHO website, well done peeps.

new topics

top topics

<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join