It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 127
<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This article:

Article

Appears to indicate the child traveled with family FROM Mexico but doesn't state that's where the child or family live. They just traveled to Houston from Mexico for medical help.

This still could be the first case of a death outside of Mexico.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
How to avoid getting the flu: 7 things that really work If you want to avoid getting the flu this winter, follow these 7 proven techniques for boosting your immune system, fighting off germs, and keeping your body healthy...

1. Get enough sleep. Your immune system functions much better when you get enough sleep. Most people really need about 8 hours per night for optimal health. If you're body is fatigued, it simply won't be able to fight off the flu virus (or any other infection) very well.

2. Exercise regularly. Exercise helps keep your immune system strong. In fact, a recent study showed that mice who performed mild exercise as soon as they were exposed to the flu virus had much lower death rates. Read about the study here.

3. Avoid sugar. Even small amounts of sugar can significantly impair your immune function, making you more susceptible to a flu infection. A large amount of sugar, such as the amount found in a normal can of soda, hurts your immune function for hours.

4. Drink lots of pure water. Keeping your mucous membranes well-hydrated is a key to helping them fight off viruses. Shoot for about eight 8-ounce glasses per day.

5. Reduce stress. Too much stress has a highly negative impact on your overall health and, over time, it will make you much more susceptible to a flu infection. Studies show that prolonged stress is at least partially responsible for 90% of all illness and disease. Regular exercise and sufficient sleep both help reduce stress levels. Also, meditation is a proven stress-buster that is easy, enjoyable and can be used on a daily basis.

6. Wash your hands often. Also, carry a bottle of alcohol-based hand sanitizer with you and use it frequently, especially after you touch anything that others have touched recently (like doorknobs).

7. Eat immune-boosting foods on a daily basis. A healthy diet, including a few proven immune-boosting foods, is one of the best ways to avoid catching the flu. The best flu-fighting foods are:

* Fresh, organically grown fruits and vegetables - Brightly colored fruits and vegetables are packed with healthy phytonutrients that can strengthen your immune system, lowering your susceptibility to the flu virus.

* Fresh raw or lightly-cooked garlic - Garlic has strong natural antiviral properties that can help to fight off a flu virus. Also, garlic provides a strong boost to your immune system, especially when eaten on a regular basis.

* Green Tea - Like garlic, green tea has shown the ability to both kill viruses and to stimulate the immune system to fight off flu infections, especially when used daily. Try to drink 3-6 cups of strong green tea per day during the flu season.

* Cayenne Pepper - Cayenne has a long list of health benefits and is believed to be a mild immune-booster. Also, cayenne contains large amounts of natural vitamin A, considered to be an important "anti-infection" nutrient.

www.fluhelp.org...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by IamNow

ATS rules...

link   
can someone post the google map for swine flu please I don't want to have to go through the thread to search for it.

Thanks.

link   

Sixty-six infections had been reported in the United States before the report of the toddler's death in Texas.

So I don't know if the math is right but would that put the OFFICIAL mortality rate at 1.5 %?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Mexico: Health Ministry reduces the number of confirmed, fatal swine influenza cases from 20 to seven.
twitter.com...

--- Mexico Officials has been very silent, numbers has been staying at place for two days now... I cant believe these numbers are real --- How can flu spread all over the world, if numbers are even close to two thousand possible and seven deaths? - Like really?

I think that impact of the world wide pandemic fears are hitting their country to econimical abyss... Who believe the government officials in moment like this? Whole world is cancelling travels, business are closing down... Country is jammed and information is the key sector - someone is really hiding the facts.

With these numbers WHo would not raise alert levels - and EU and USA banning all flights... Truth is missing now!

--- Remember Baghdad and Saddams ministers just before US invade the city?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
You cannot really fix mortality rate based on a single death.

link   
And if a reptilian is spoken of in this thread I will sledge hammer my monitor with ill regaurd
upload.wikimedia.org...

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Redpillblues]

link   
mexican boy who died was from mexico city , went to matamoros and brownsville to visit family and then went to houston sick and died.. hmmm (cnn)

[edit on 29-4-2009 by TheCoffinman]

link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

So Mexico lowered the numbers in order to ward off the world isolating them ... to stop the ban on flights into mexico .. to stop the borders from being closed.

Oh that irks me!!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by glan

here you go:

maps.google.com...

maps.google.com...,46.40625&spn=174.983666,360&z=1

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
google flu map...may need to zoom out.

maps.google.com...,-110.390625&spn=15.738151,25.4882 81&z=5

WHO pandemic chart.

www.who.int...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
maps.google.com...

hurr you go

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
So if were being spoon fed info from the MSM, and it's delayed by a couple of days. If you get sick what do you do? If you are just sick and don't have the flu and goto the doctor or ER seems like you will certainly catch it there?

Im asking because me and the wife are coming down with something, and really starting to feel bad. Were in Missouri but haven't seen any reports of flu or suspected flu here.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
Mexico: Health Ministry reduces the number of confirmed, fatal swine influenza cases from 20 to seven.
twitter.com...

--- Mexico Officials has been very silent, numbers has been staying at place for two days now... I cant believe these numbers are real --- How can flu spread all over the world, if numbers are even close to two thousand possible and seven deaths? - Like really?

I think that impact of the world wide pandemic fears are hitting their country to econimical abyss... Who believe the government officials in moment like this? Whole world is canceling travels, business are closing down... Country is jammed and information is the key sector - someone is really hiding the facts.

With these numbers WHo would not raise alert levels - and EU and USA banning all flights... Truth is missing now!

--- Remember Baghdad and Saddams ministers just before US invade the city?

Mexico, is prob. trying to play it down, PA, wise, because their prob. losing their buts off financially at the moment.. Yes I also see allot of missing pieces in this puzzle too.. Logically it does not make sense, number wise on how this virus is spreading worldwide. Again, I will reaffirm that is why we need to be watching this closely..

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Well, I guess this is why that Google Map of the virus isn't being updated properly..
www.wpxi.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
ECDC: Current assessment is that the virus is not very virulent but that it will certainly continue to spread.

ECDC: Swine flu seems more virulent in Mexico than in other parts of the world.

twitter updates

Anyone know if the emergency briefing IS happening today for sure as I read somewhere it could be later today OR tomorrow morning.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Yes so they say 4pm (GMT)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by IamNow

so that means any live press briefing shown on TV would be later tonight, as it was on Monday...I guess...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
So if were being spoon fed info from the MSM, and it's delayed by a couple of days. If you get sick what do you do? If you are just sick and don't have the flu and goto the doctor or ER seems like you will certainly catch it there?

Im asking because me and the wife are coming down with something, and really starting to feel bad. Were in Missouri but haven't seen any reports of flu or suspected flu here.

The flu enters your body through the ears, nose, and mouth. I just read that Peroxide may help fight it off if you start to feel sick. It says a couple of drops of Peroxide in each ear my fight off the spread of the infection.

new topics

top topics

<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join