It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 123
<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

That flys in the face of B.A. who are continuing flights to and from Mexico, as the WHO stated yesterday, Does not matter if they cancel flights, or increase border controls, there is no way off containing this virus now.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Too little too late - IMHO.

Everyone should have done this two weeks ago.
Closed the borders. Cancelled all flights in and out.
Economic toll be damned.

It's too late.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

WOW it just took me 5 mins to read your post because of your Avatar, I thought I had swine flu

[edit on 29-4-2009 by IamNow]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Massa: Close Mexican border

Swine flu containment crucial, he says

Though dozens of swine flu cases have been reported within the United States, U.S. Rep. Eric Massa continues his call for securing the Mexican border, describing it as a fundamental national priority.

www.pressconnects.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Story Here

The news report got it wrong.

I watched the news conference and Obama did NOT say this.

The news is saying that schools with confirmed cases of Swine Flu should close.

But what Obama said was - schools with confirmed OR SUSPECTED cases should consider closing.

Heck .. IMHO there should be no 'consideration' ... it should just be done.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
the child who died in texas was from mexico.. brought to houston, she died on monday... its wednesday and were just finding out..

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
# Reuters: EU Foreign relations commissioner said it is also being considered to disinfect all airports in the European Union.less than 20 seconds ago from BNO Headquarters

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by IamNow

If you see black spots in place of the white spots you have swine flu

(joke)

BAH! FlyersFan changed his avatar. nvm

@Cloudsinthesky

They are still (as I type this) mentioning the first death... I think that will be the main story for the day. They cycle through everything so you just gotta wait til that story comes around again if it isn't there.

[edit on 4/29/2009 by BeyondPerception]

link   
beaten to it, delete this post please

[edit on 29-4-2009 by infinite]

link   
Germany: Three confirmed swine influenza cases from Bavaria (2) and Hamburg (1).
twitter.com...

Developments on swine flu worldwide

www.startribune.com...:_Yyc:aUU

link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
the child who died in texas was from mexico.. brought to houston, she died on monday... its wednesday and were just finding out..

This doesn't suprise me at all, what else are they holding back on?

Only time will tell.

link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Well that gives me more concerns knowing that the child was in Houston.......As I posted yesterday about a traveler with all the symptoms being swabed in SW MO after getting off a plane from Houston via either Dallas, Tulsa or Springfield airport.........

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I love how they say that if we close the border we will suffer economic losses..Wow, this whole time I thought that THE PEOPLE make money go round.. Without people, who needs the economy. Its like our backs are pressed against the wall with this one. Either keep the borders open so Wall Street does well, or close the borders and lose money... I wonder which one they will choose

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
There were several posters yesterday informing that the red cross was setting up large tent stations in Houston......

Does anyone have any new information on this?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamNow
your Avatar,

Okay ..
I changed it ... it's now the Maris painting from the Philadelphia Museum of Art. (my favorite painting in the world). Better?

Originally posted by JanusFIN
Swine flu containment crucial, he says

Again .... too late. Now they want to talk about it? Morons!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception
If you see black spots in place of the white spots you have swine flu

(joke)

BAH! FlyersFan changed his avatar.

I'm a girl.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

This is for mobile hospitals, which tend to be implemented in the preparation for mass graves. I'M NOT SUGGESTING THIS IS OCCURRING.

But during pandemics, conventional burials are forbidden.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Just remember guys that russia and china would be monitoring the cdc whether cdc knows it or not, and they banned imports straight away. People seem to forget that.

Also there is no reason why people would suspect a baby dying from swine, and the news that the baby came from mexico expalins, why they would be susepct. Just remember babies are in danger from all types of flu.

But you guys totally have forgotton that russia nad china both would be monitoring the cdc, and you see that news report on how it may be a man made flu, was interesting.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
SKYNews is reporting WHO could implemented a level five later on today.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Looking at the scale of this event. This is going to happen. As oppose to looking at this problem, the way I am dealing with it, is by watching the reactions. So far in my opinion, it is being handled wrong by the governments, this casual embrace is an unconscious denial of the truth of the matter. Now for whats its worth, those catching this virus, now maybe safer in the coming days. Now turning away from this perspective, what coming clear to me now, is how this illness will grand stand itself thruout the World. Lets presume this thing gets deadly, people get it, demand to be vaccinated or saved, and the supply does not fullfil the demand. What's going to happen there? This thing is bigger then just a virus, its a World changing event, that will whether we want to or not, will make us evolve, perhaps even awaken many people senses, and help realize that we are not as untouchable as we think. Not trying to scare people, but people really need to think about this. Chances are perhaps nothing will happen and this will be the climax, Yet if not, economically, it will put the world in a stand still. This is Movie material here. I think we should be looking at how the governments of the World embrace this scenario, and also will countries start to blame other countries for the outbreaks etc. etc. cause diplomatic and political stress. Quite frankly these are things I see. I am a bit of a fatalist, indeed, but that has kept me alive for as long as I have.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Adrifter]

new topics

top topics

<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join