It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 124
<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
So still only Mexicans have died.

Racially genetic germ warfare thingy???...sorry had a few beers!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

What restrictions will be in place if we do get a level 5-6, I take it most flights will be grounded and people will be advised to stay home or stay away from crowded areas. Now this thing has hit london I can see it spreading around the UK pretty fast.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Now thats a test!

- "%#¤ I have the flu! Damned - I can see black spots!"

To the topic...
Spain: Health Minister confirms one swine influenza case in Hellín.
less than 10 seconds ago from web

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
How do we KNOW the baby came from mexico? is there a source for this? I don't recall any proof on the matter...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieinthesky
How do we KNOW the baby came from mexico? is there a source for this? I don't recall any proof on the matter...

They mentioned it on Sky News, doesn't make it true though.

link   

Originally posted by pieinthesky

CNN about 10 minutes ago talked to a hospital official in houston where the baby died

link   
reply to post by pieinthesky

# Reuters: Houston health official says the child who died of swine flu in Texas was a Mexican who traveled to the US for medical treatment.half a minute ago from BNO Headquarters

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by IamNow

I don't know.

It has never been implemented before. I will assume, take an educated guess, and suggest the basic premise will involve closing certain infrastructure that results in mass civilian congregation (schools, restaurants, sporting events, cinema et al)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

CHILD WHO DIED OF SWINE FLU IN TEXAS WAS MEXICAN WHO TRAVELED TO US FOR MEDICAL TREATMENT -HOUSTON HEALTH OFFICIAL
www.alertnet.org...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

10-4

And I'm a boy, if it wasn't obvious enough.

In regards to the thread. Just checked out that H1N1 Google map and all the comments are missing now.. It was beginning to be a nice source of news much like this thread. Are they missing for anyone else?
maps.google.com...

Edit: Working for me now

[edit on 4/29/2009 by BeyondPerception]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Co-Worker reported to me this morning that a relative of his was sick and went in for testing. The Doctor told her that the government two days ago started requiring them to take swab samples of all patients with symptoms and send the sample in for analysis. The person is back in Texas now. Also, local Charlotte news is reporting two people with symptoms are in voluntary isolation in Mecklenburg Country.

I'll keep updating what I find out.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Goodness me.....ask and you shall receive
Thanks for the sources

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception

10-4

And I'm a boy, if it wasn't obvious enough.

In regards to the thread. Just checked out that H1N1 Google map and all the comments are missing now.. It was beginning to be a nice source of news much like this thread. Are they missing for anyone else?
maps.google.com...

maps.google.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception
Are they missing for anyone else?

I see them. What is interesting is the list of suspected cases on the left side of this page

They got the University of Delware cases .. the new cases in Connecticut ... but they missed the Philadelphia suspected cases.

It looks to be incomplete.

link   
www.who.int...

There is a link on this page that is a PDF. It describes the phases and actions taken. They don't go to great into detail (surprise) but it gives you a table of events.

link   

Here are a couple more sources to add to your arsenal..

healthmap.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
twitter.com... (his connections are on the ball as well)

Ya, I'm not paying much attention to the map itself, just the comments. The guy who is updating the map seems to be alone on this and is unable to handle the load coming in..

[edit on 4/29/2009 by BeyondPerception]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The Australian cases seem to be increasing every hour.

Has anyone, especially our Australian members, got access to medical sources in Australia? It seems a potentially large cluster.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
www.myfoxdc.com...

JERUSALEM - The outbreak of swine flu should be renamed "Mexican" influenza in deference to Muslim and Jewish sensitivities over pork, said an Israeli health official Monday.

Deputy Health Minister Yakov Litzman said the reference to pigs is offensive to both religions and "we should call this Mexican flu and not swine flu," he told a news conference at a hospital in central Israel.

Both Judaism and Islam consider pigs unclean and forbid the eating of pork products.

Scientists are unsure where the new swine flu virus originally emerged, though it was identifed first in the United States. They say there is nothing about the virus that makes it "Mexican" and worry such a label would be stigmatizing.

Two Israelis who recently visited Mexico have been hospitalized with symptoms of the flu. Health authorities have not yet confirmed whether they actually have the virus.

The current strain of swine flu is thought to have originated in Mexico where more than 100 people have been killed by the disease so far.

Laboratories in the U.S. and Canada have confirmed that of the samples tested so far, the swine flu virus in Mexico and U.S. appear to be the same.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doesn't anyone care what Influenza A (H1N1) thinks?

What about what it wants to be called.

Damn, viruses have rights, too...

Sorry, just a bit of humor to brighten a bleak day. Carry on.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

First 'probable' case of swine flu in Minnesota

State officials say a "probable" first case of swine flu has been identified in Minnesota, apparently in the Cold Spring area.
www.minnpost.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

There is a Mexican village I heard in a radio report that claims this is where the flu started..........These claims where made by the villiage members because evedently the whole town became sick........In this report the pig farm located there is owned by the U.S........but the pigs tested were negative.....

This villiage was close to Mexico City.......

Does anyone know anything about this?

Sorry for my memory, I don't recal which media outlet had this story.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

top topics

<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join